Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I am completely stumped on what you are even saying, lol.

Do you agree that we once expected iron banner 6v6 on march 27th, Y/N please dick-circle one

Do you also agree that we are now NOT getting iron banner 6v6 on march 27th Y/N

Can you see how, if you answered Y and then also Y, that this would cause us earth humans to experience the emotions of "surprise", "disappointment"?

Waffle House posted:

So what you're saying here is that you fully expect 6v6 IB to not drop on March 27th?

Dude yeah, that's exactly it! We get it April 10th, not March 27th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The confusion is rampant, though

Perhaps Bungie is... bad at communication?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The confusion is rampant, though

Perhaps Bungie is... bad at communication?

:doh: I see what you mean now. That kinda sucks, I'm not much for Rumble, as fun as it is, but thanks for at least taking the time to correct my perceptions.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

That totally makes sense what with Faction Rally being next week. I guess I didn't think about THAT too hard. :v:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Waffle House posted:

That totally makes sense what with Faction Rally being next week. I guess I didn't think about THAT too hard. :v:

Honestly it struck me as weird that we would be getting Iron Banner on both the 5th and the 27th, but who the hell knows, man. Bungie has perfected the art of "was that poorly phrased or just outright deception?"

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Honestly it struck me as weird that we would be getting Iron Banner on both the 5th and the 27th, but who the hell knows, man. Bungie has perfected the art of "was that poorly phrased or just outright deception?"

I definitely suffer from that strain of Poe's in the Secrets game, I assure you.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

:ssh: i'm most excited for rumble aka the only mode that will not suck to solo queue

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
In my humble experience, most developers suck at writing for a general audience.

I mean of all the things you want to accuse Bungie of, this is the one I'd attribute the least to malice.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

:ssh: i'm most excited for rumble aka the only mode that will not suck to solo queue

Hell, maybe even the same, no lie and or homo

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
I’ll jump in next week to grind out the last few FWC guns I’m missing but I think The Doubt refers my view on FWC’s chances to ever win a faction rally

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

deadwing posted:

8 man rumble might be a bit... poo poo.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Dawnblade + attunement of sky + some good kinetic (using orimund's anvil) + last hope + transversive steps is pretty drat good

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Devious way of pushing back 6v6 another 2 weeks GG Bungie

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
We're listening

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

moist turtleneck posted:

We're listening

"we hear you, but we're not listening"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This week's trials map is kind of a bad design for survival.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

BlindSite posted:

This week's trials map is kind of a bad design for survival.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

BlindSite posted:

This week's trials map is kind of a bad design for CS:GO

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Will the IB hand cannon be any good after the patch (Crimil's Dagger)? I like it but it does fire kind of slow.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

actionjackson posted:

Will the IB hand cannon be any good after the patch (Crimil's Dagger)? I like it but it does fire kind of slow.

I'm sure it'll feel/be a little better with the HC class changes:

quote:

Hand Cannon

Increased PvE damage for all Hand Cannons
Increased precision multiplier for precision hand cannons
Increased hip fire accuracy on consoles
Increased ADS accuracy on consoles

I like it currently because it feels thicc and beefy to shoot. APR and Drop Mag both taste good with Opening Shot.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Waffle House posted:

I'm sure it'll feel/be a little better with the HC class changes:

I like it currently because it feels thicc and beefy to shoot. APR and Drop Mag both taste good with Opening Shot.

The annoying thing about those notes are "Increased precision multiplier for precision hand cannons"

There's aggressive which is the 110 fire rate heavy hitters
Prophecy
Dagger
Steady Hand
etc

They kill with 3 crits or 5 bodies - technically they can be the quickest TTK of any handcannon but good luck with the bloom etc. They might be really good after the patch IF the accuracy is a lot better than now, IF the bloom is properly addressed, IF, IF, IF. Because if you miss one crit you still need 2 body shots.

Then you've got "Adaptive" which is the 140 class - they're popular because they're as close as you get to the palindrome/Eyasluna style which was 138 shots per min.
Judgement
Minuet
Living Memory
Better devils

Best possible kill is 2+2

These will still probably be the best option for PVP because they'll be more stable, have better handling and reload and still have better perk alignments. Like above IF a bunch of stuff breaks right I think we'll see a lot of these around like we did/do (lol lets be honest, did) on PC where the bloom is negligible)

Then its lightweight - the 150 class
Dire Promise
Midnight coup

Still a 2+2 or 5

Almost all of these are space glocks and could be better, the whole entire class though has lovely sights and lovely movement in its animation that makes it kind of hard to line up headshots really easily. You kind of have to spam fire them. Jack Queen King could be amazing with the above IFs because it's got great range and handling. You can't see poo poo when you fire it though.

The last is the type no one uses and its the "precision" class. They're the 180 fire rate ones, there's a trials, crucible and Osiris one and they all suck. They all have big aim assist but it's got a 47 crit shot compared to 60 for the 140/150. I think they're probably planning to buff it's crit multiplier to hit the same as the 140 class but like the space glocks you can't see what you're shooting at. It's recoil pattern is like a sidearm. It just feels really loving weird to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4vZ1oERP4U&t=64s

This vid shows what I mean. The two or three guys he's shooting at are kind of hidden by the entire gun as soon as he starts shooting.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Gotta love guns where you cant see what the gently caress your shooting at

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

BlindSite posted:

The annoying thing about those notes are "Increased precision multiplier for precision hand cannons"

There's aggressive which is the 110 fire rate heavy hitters
Prophecy
Dagger
Steady Hand
etc

They kill with 3 crits or 5 bodies - technically they can be the quickest TTK of any handcannon but good luck with the bloom etc. They might be really good after the patch IF the accuracy is a lot better than now, IF the bloom is properly addressed, IF, IF, IF. Because if you miss one crit you still need 2 body shots.

Then you've got "Adaptive" which is the 140 class - they're popular because they're as close as you get to the palindrome/Eyasluna style which was 138 shots per min.
Judgement
Minuet
Living Memory
Better devils

Best possible kill is 2+2

These will still probably be the best option for PVP because they'll be more stable, have better handling and reload and still have better perk alignments. Like above IF a bunch of stuff breaks right I think we'll see a lot of these around like we did/do (lol lets be honest, did) on PC where the bloom is negligible)

Then its lightweight - the 150 class
Dire Promise
Midnight coup

Still a 2+2 or 5

Almost all of these are space glocks and could be better, the whole entire class though has lovely sights and lovely movement in its animation that makes it kind of hard to line up headshots really easily. You kind of have to spam fire them. Jack Queen King could be amazing with the above IFs because it's got great range and handling. You can't see poo poo when you fire it though.

The last is the type no one uses and its the "precision" class. They're the 180 fire rate ones, there's a trials, crucible and Osiris one and they all suck. They all have big aim assist but it's got a 47 crit shot compared to 60 for the 140/150. I think they're probably planning to buff it's crit multiplier to hit the same as the 140 class but like the space glocks you can't see what you're shooting at. It's recoil pattern is like a sidearm. It just feels really loving weird to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4vZ1oERP4U&t=64s

This vid shows what I mean. The two or three guys he's shooting at are kind of hidden by the entire gun as soon as he starts shooting.

loving of course they make West of Sunfall 7 be the new meta or whatever.

I'm gonna lol if the Prophecy guns' purpose was like "this is our roadmap for how D2's meta is going to work going forward as we introduce new guns and poo poo, and the flavor text directly refers to our planned launch schedule if you can figure out which gun's flavor text goes in what order."

Edit: I just realized, there's a fan-favorite "high fire rate hand" cannon we haven't seen back yet...wonder if it'll be returning in the next xpac?

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 19, 2018

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
Is there some sort off definitive list of what’s going to newly suck and no longer suck after this update?

These are the guns I generally use for each class.

Hand Cannons

Better Devils
Daedalus Code

Auto Rifles

Origin Story
Uriels Gift

SMGs

MIDA Mini-Tool
Antiope-D

Pulse Rifles

Lincoln Green
Agenda 5

Scout Rifles

Nameless Midnight
Seven-Six-Five

Sniper Rifles

Persuader
Widow's Bite

Fusion Rifles

Cartesian Coordinate
Critical Sass

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
we don't know what the exact changes will be per archetype yet so just nebulous ideas as to what will/won't be good

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

You use sniper rifles?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Sniper rifles are good

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
the incoming sniper rifle buffs making them the game-warping monstrosities they were in ttk-era d1 is gonna suck fat sweaty rear end in a top hat

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

Edit: I just realized, there's a fan-favorite "high fire rate hand" cannon we haven't seen back yet...wonder if it'll be returning in the next xpac?

Only if they can remember how they made it fanfire. I get the feeling the goobers running the show now may have forgotten a bunch of poo poo and or lost team experience between these two games.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CheeseFactory posted:

Gotta love guns where you cant see what the gently caress your shooting at

http://i.imgur.com/vlIP6kB.gifv

:allears:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Are they changing the maps? That's the primary buff sniper Rifles would need, imho. Even if they had no flinch and lightning fast handling, there aren't any locations to plop down with a sniper and actually contribute to the game in any way.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that's not really true, the biggest issue with snipers is that you can't actually hit anyone with them due to how insanely easy they flinch. nearly every map has at least one firing lane long enough to make snipers dangerous.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The long firing lanes tend to be in places like Zone C of emperor's respite, so either the sniper is on B and kicking the other team's teeth in, or the sniper is on C and I'm just glad the Lil guy is having some fun before losing 0-69

Or that tall tower in the iron temple map which has a sweeping view of an Area with no control points, heavy spawns, or spawn zones

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Still not playing :negative: but I have started speculative planning for 1.1.4. Burnt a couple mounds of tokens and weapon parts, built up a MW Core stash so I can update a bunch of weapons when ready.

450rpm auto getting nerfed, pulled up Null Calamity 9 as I can see it being awesome. The Last Breath and The Doubt for the Kinetic slot, both seem like potential winners.

Pulses I'm ready with Relentless, Jorum's Claw, and Nergal, tho the latter seems very less likely given the range (64 w/ MW, 60, and 46 respectively). Highest hopes for Relentless with the incoming damage and rof buffs. Jorum and the Adaptive archetype in the same boat.

Sidearm, The Fools Remedy but probably Interregnum XVI, with its Full Auto, HCR, and Snapshot. Incoming buffs, seems like it could be a challenger in its class. Idk, I haven't hosed with Last Hope at all.

Shotguns, Gunnora's Axe looking to be in a sweet spot, could be worth getting good at. Otherwise, Perfect Paradox and Acrius indubitably sitting pretty still.

Snipers lol only The Mornin' Comes seems to be worth a poo poo, but I got this baby 335d, MWd, Shadered, and ready to bang come 1.2.0.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo even you've stopped playing?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Not for lack of trying

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

ZeusCannon posted:

Holy poo poo even you've stopped playing?

Medical issue hopefully getting fixed on the 27th, I can play but it's tiresome and gives me a headache after not overly long.

Inb4 there's nothing wrong with me, that's just what it's like to play D2.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Still sad we lost Tei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Oh yeah what happened to the hamster man, did he just finally nope out