Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Volmarias posted:

Damnit, I mixed up my Roman emperors again :cripes:

You buffoon! You've ruined Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Well it wouldn't be the first time I suppose.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

HopperUK posted:

You buffoon! You've ruined Christmas.

Saturnalia remains as previously scheduled

quote:

During Saturnalia, work and business came to a halt. Schools and courts of law closed, and the normal social patterns were suspended.

People decorated their homes with wreaths and other greenery, and shed their traditional togas in favor of colorful clothes known as synthesis. Even enslaved people did not have to work during Saturnalia, but were allowed to participate in the festivities; in some cases, they sat at the head of the table while their masters served them.

Instead of working, Romans spent Saturnalia gambling, singing, playing music, feasting, socializing and giving each other gifts. Wax taper candles called cerei were common gifts during Saturnalia, to signify light returning after the solstice.

On the last day of Saturnalia celebrations, known as the Sigillaria, many Romans gave their friends and loved ones small terracotta figurines known as signillaria, which may have referred back to older celebrations involving human sacrifice.

Saturnalia was by far the jolliest Roman holiday; the Roman poet Catullus famously described it as “the best of times.” So riotous were the festivities that the Roman author Pliny reportedly built a soundproof room so that he could work during the raucous celebrations.

Xlorp has a new favorite as of 08:34 on Mar 2, 2023

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also the horse thing was more a cruel joke because he hated the senate.

To be fair by that point most people hated the senate

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Xlorp posted:

Saturnalia remains as previously scheduled

When?

..OK, who stole my Julian calendar

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

PainterofCrap posted:

When?

..OK, who stole my Julian calendar

Pope Gregory, watching from afar: :yeshaha:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
someone missed the memo by 11 days.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/laurenbarton03/status/1632769865122545664?t=htanjzUxodwENUAzctNFAQ&s=19

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

So Samsung was marketing a "space zoom" feature for their phone, which allegedly allows people to take highly detailed pictures of the moon. It turns out it was just upscaling the image using an AI trained on images of the moon. https://wccftech.com/space-space-zoom-moon-shots-are-fake/amp/

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
From this page on their website:

quote:

"The moon recognition engine was created by learning various moon shapes from full moon to crescent moon based on images that people actually see with their eyes on Earth.

It uses an AI deep learning model to show the presence and absence of the moon in the image and the area as a result. AI models that have been trained can detect lunar areas even if other lunar images that have not been used for training are inserted."

:wtc: The goal is to replicate what you see when you are taking the picture, not what the camera itself physically is capable of capturing (the example is you see the moon, camera sees a white dot). So uhhhh DON'T TRY THAT SAMSUNG?

edit: To take the process of making highly detailed satellite images of planets and planetoids and reduce it to some actually fake thing your phone can kinda sorta replicate badly is so irresponsible and will give people such a bad impression of how it's is really done

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 15:39 on Mar 13, 2023

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Conspiracy lunatics - heh - love it tho

The Big Cheese lobby is not pleased

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I can safely say I don't want them to protect my eyes from the eldritch horror which gazes down upon me nightly, thank you

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

CJacobs posted:

I can safely say I don't want them to protect my eyes from the eldritch horror which gazes down upon me nightly, thank you

Turn on your monitor

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

TotalLossBrain posted:

Conspiracy lunatics - heh - love it tho

The Big Cheese lobby is not pleased

My favorite thing about this saying is when I learned that "The moon is made from green cheese" is that green doesn't refer to the color, but the fact that it's fresh, new cheese, which makes much more sense.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Beachcomber posted:

My favorite thing about this saying is when I learned that "The moon is made from green cheese" is that green doesn't refer to the color, but the fact that it's fresh, new cheese, which makes much more sense.

... Huh. TIL?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

When I was a kid I thought it was "cream cheese" because my mom would spread cream cheese on rice cakes for me and call them "moon cakes" which at the time I thought was about the moon being cheese but now obviously I realize it's just a white circle, like the moon

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Tired: Man in the moon.

Wired: Rabbit in the moon.

:colbert:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/futurehasbeen/status/1635704941615673344?s=46&t=uiUehxbkNdNcN0PmfZ4Vaw

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019
The moon is 4.5 billion years old, that's some AGED cheese

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Stonehouse Beach posted:

The moon is 4.5 billion years old, that's some AGED cheese

Dude, the rabbit and the princess eat it and make new stuff.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Read After Burning posted:

Tired: Man in the moon.

Wired: Rabbit in the moon.

:colbert:

Inspired: Rarebit in the moon

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

CommonShore posted:

Inspired: Rarebit in the moon

:hmmyes:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/littlecaesars/status/1638193748419964930

https://twitter.com/littlecaesars/status/1638541038473101315?cxt=HHwWhoC2wZSZor0tAAAA

What in the world...

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Little Caesar's is so far up its own rear end thinking that its memes are clever that they're just living in their own reality.

e: I guess they've had some success making people give a poo poo about their pizzas in recent years, but they're more meme now than man, twisted and evil.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has a new favorite as of 20:17 on Mar 23, 2023

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

You kids like memes don't you?

I smell an Elon colab in the near future.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I saw that pop up in another thread, it sure feels like someone hit send tweet too early on their April Fools gag and they just decided to go with it.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Looking into it, apparently this is a "joke/meme" lead-up to them bringing the pretzel crust back? :psyduck: And also isn't an actual menu item you can order, so I don't loving know.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
"im not owned-owned! im not owned-owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob pizza-pizza

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

yep that's definitely a tim and eric ad

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'd like the 2 liter bottle of butter though. Just to go with regular pizza.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Wait did people actually think that was real and not just an attempt at humor?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Well, it's pissed off the folks clamoring for the pretzel crust and pissed off the folks who actually wanted the corn crust, so nice job, Lil Cesars!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Len posted:

Poe's law strikes again

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Len posted:

I think everyone realizes its a joke just everyone is tired of brands trying to be funny

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yeah it's mad corny

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

SpacePig posted:

I'd like the 2 liter bottle of butter though. Just to go with regular pizza.

Really, man. You know how much ghee goes for?

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Yeah but ghee is made from butter. LC “butter” is just oil with garlic and butter flavor. It also doesn’t spoil for ages. Source: Sauce cups next to the coffee machine from our last pizza day at work…last year.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
How's the taste

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

TotalLossBrain posted:

How's the taste

I asked your mom the same question last night. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xlorp