Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Tekopo posted:

Annoying and not especially interesting in comparison to Normal.

I thought it was a lot of fun, just held back slightly by sketchy tether mechanics sometimes, which is true of literally every fight that uses passable tethers as a mechanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This is going to end with us creating Loporrit Frasier Crane isn't it?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Why not just take them down to live on the planet where they'd have lots of people to give counseling to

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

FuturePastNow posted:

Why not just take them down to live on the planet where they'd have lots of people to give counseling to

Since the last of the rank-up quest crafts is radio equipment, it seems like the solution will be to invent telehealth.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Cleretic posted:

A neat thing pointed out about the latest loporrit tribe upgrade on the official forums, as well as some other thoughts on it (spoiler-tagging even here because some of you have skipped a day or two):

It's a good enough idea that I'm willing to look past the fact there may or may not be Garlean refugees up there, because this story really wouldn't work if we tried to write them in... but, uhm, I would like to check on those guys sometime!

Yeah, there are elements of this quest line that suffer from the fact that they can't take other quest lines as prereqs (both the role capstone and the Omicron, although I did get some dialogue about Jammimgway and Cookingway sharing recipes in a quest turn-in -- contextual flags, maybe?), but I feel like it still works. I can see two options:

1) Counselingway fell into despair between the WoL's initial visit and the end of EW and was already alienated from their purpose by the time the refugees showed up; and/or
2) After preparing for a very specific, probably heavily idealized kind of client, Counselingway absolutely couldn't deal with the Garleans in practice, between the combination of extreme trauma and Garleans probably being naturally bad psychiatric clients, especially for a non-human practitioner.

My hope right now is that Counselingway meets up with the Nibirun in the eventual EW tribal capstone, because I think there's some potentially good thematic and character stuff there!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I regret to say I have discovered a loporrit who has succumbed to Allagan influence

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Uh yeah that's Tweetingway, we already met them

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
The Garlean refugees are up on the moon and can be found! It's just that the burrow is REALLY big so it takes some searching.

The one you can talk with is all "well this is very weird but I'm sure with our engineering skills we'll be able to sort this place out". Counselingway being disappointed in both quantity and personality of the people they've actually been given to counsel probably accounts for that disillusionment, yeah.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I would've liked a line explicitly saying that the refugees that did finally show up aren't enough/the right flavor of depressed, but regardless it doesn't really change the position Counselingway is in

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I feel like it would paint Counselingway in a much less flattering light if they were like "yeah there's people here but they're the wrong people", particularly in there context of said people being displaced refugees, they really just have to assume you didn't do that.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Well I would've had the line say that the garleans are already talking about redesigns and whatnot like that npc, so they don't need/want counseling, to avoid that exact issue. But it's a good point

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I don't want to be a Graffiti Cop on the moon :argh: Let the art free, Livingway!!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Livingway is merely complying with CHIME Law. Those Ways are infringing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maybe they can put in one massive capstone quest that ties all that together.

A capstone capstone.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

we had better get an Allied quest

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The Arkasodara start delivering food to anywhere from The Last Dregs and the Lopporits coordinate using a global radio system

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The rear end in a top hat Mi'qote is back and he's a reaper now too.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I really hope that we work out shard travel as part of the 6.5 resolution specifically so that the Allied Tribe quest capstone is Dwarf, Qiqirin, Fairy, Lopporit, Omicron and Akasadora.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i think they stopped doing the capstones

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There wasn't a capstone in ShB but I thought that might have been for Covid reasons?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Countblanc posted:

i think they stopped doing the capstones

They specifically ran out of time to do some of the quests they wanted to do for ShB, not that they intended to never do capstones again.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

there's some bits in the adventurer plate designs about an endwalker tribal quest progression reward

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Vitamean posted:

there's some bits in the adventurer plate designs about an endwalker tribal quest progression reward

that's for maxing loporrit rep

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

All I really want from the EW tribal capstone is Hurtlingway the Loporrit hippo rider

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Remembered there's quest filling in on the Four Fiends and I love that before everything went to poo poo Cagnazzo just got bored with his current life and ran into a war and started fighting literally everybody.

Now I'm feeling like he got shafted.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Has anyone extracted the mural texture yet, I need this in the best quality possible.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/Weather_Maiden/status/1638230533019672607?t=4vPbQP2Jntc8AchfgGASjw&s=19

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O24Zb0GWJU0

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is that an actual gun MCH can get?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is that an actual gun MCH can get?

pre-imperial garlean revolver? hell yeah it is

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 23, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FAUXTON posted:

pre-imperial garlean revolver? hell yeah it is

The library really does have everything

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
need to replace my mch gun with the shotgun from the aoe ability.

also remove the dumb aether thing that hangs off your side.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
let us use the loving sniper rifle we bust out for the PvP limit break

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Zeruel posted:

also remove the dumb aether thing that hangs off your side.

praying for this as a Starlight miracle. i hate that stupid thing

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What if they gave each gun their own aether fannypack like katanas and their sheathes?

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

That would be... fine, I guess. Easier to just make it invisible though

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

where will you draw your lightning aether from

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

BlazetheInferno posted:

let us use the loving sniper rifle we bust out for the PvP limit break

7.0 skill for sure

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Vitamean posted:

where will you draw your lightning aether from

Same place BLM gets it from: the Ramuh minion in the inside coat pocket. BLM has it under the hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

yeah, maybe if you want your bullets to fly three malms an hour. this here baby, it stores pure lightning-aspected aether, purified on-site. never let me down