Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
An insult may be factual, but at the same time pejorative, such as the word "inbred".[2]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
SCDS-related autophony differs greatly in quality and range from the more common form which results from an open, or patulous Eustachian tube through which sufferers of this disorder hear the sound of their own voice and breathing. In contrast, patients with SCDS-related autophony report hearing their own voice as a disturbingly loud and distorted "kazoo-like" sound deep inside the head as if relayed through "a cracked loudspeaker." Additionally they may hear the creaking and cracking of joints, the sound of their footsteps when walking or running, their heartbeat and the sound of chewing and other digestive noises. Some sufferers of this condition experience such a high level of conductive hyperacusis that a tuning fork placed on the ankle will be heard in the affected ear. The bizarre phenomenon of being able to hear the sound of the eyeballs moving in their sockets (e.g. when reading in a quiet room) "like sandpaper on wood" is one of the more distinctive features of this condition and is almost exclusively associated with SCDS.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

The song is a panegyric on the subject of driving high-quality precision engineered motor cars with blacked out windows whilst leaning back.[7]

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

OldAlias posted:

The song is a panegyric on the subject of driving high-quality precision engineered motor cars with blacked out windows whilst leaning back.[7]

not worthless

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
i love pages that are clearly written by their subject

quote:

Personal life

When Rees was a young man, he and three of his friends recorded over 2,000 songs as members of a "secret band." Rees attempted to coerce one of his friends to ask for a bass guitar for a Christmas a gift; his friend ended up asking for a regular guitar instead and it upset Rees.[17]

In 2010, Rees worked as a civil servant for the United States Census Bureau, a position that engendered his interest in pencils. Rees lives in Beacon, New York.[20]

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
This version is titled В Москве всегда солнечно (V Moskve vsegda solnechno, It's Always Sunny in Moscow) and like the original, centers around four friends, who own a bar called "Philadelphia" in Moscow.[37]

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

FMguru posted:

i love pages that are clearly written by their subject

Only registered members can see post attachments!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

FMguru posted:

This version is titled В Москве всегда солнечно (V Moskve vsegda solnechno, It's Always Sunny in Moscow) and like the original, centers around four friends, who own a bar called "Philadelphia" in Moscow.[37]

do they just replay the episode where Dennis and Dee get hooked on krokodil and Mac and Charlie are oligarchs who drive around in the reserved lanes?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

A murderer who carves a K into his victims is imprisoned in Jabba's palace, when the story begins. A prisoner tricks Zak into believing that he is innocent, and Zak lets him escape. This is presumed to be the same murderer. Later, Zak thinks he sees Tash kill someone and carve the same K. This is explained when a brain spider spells out "IM TASH" in sand, suggesting that the murderer's brain was placed in Tash's body and that Tash's brain was placed in a spider.

Tash tries to develop her sense of the force at the Sarlacc pit.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
How to Do Well When You are a Jerk and a Crybaby

probably some useful tips for yosposters in here

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

quote:

Birkins are the most popular bag with handbag collectors, and Victoria Beckham owns over 100 of them.[2]

Its prices range from US$11,900 to $300,000

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

FMguru posted:

How to Do Well When You are a Jerk and a Crybaby

probably some useful tips for yosposters in here

really thought this was wikihow

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
does wikiquote count? https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Beavis_and_Butt-head_(music_video_commentary)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RZApublican posted:

A murderer who carves a K into his victims is imprisoned in Jabba's palace, when the story begins. A prisoner tricks Zak into believing that he is innocent, and Zak lets him escape. This is presumed to be the same murderer. Later, Zak thinks he sees Tash kill someone and carve the same K. This is explained when a brain spider spells out "IM TASH" in sand, suggesting that the murderer's brain was placed in Tash's body and that Tash's brain was placed in a spider.

Tash tries to develop her sense of the force at the Sarlacc pit.

that's pretty hosed up; does tash get out of the spider? :ohdear:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

prefect posted:

that's pretty hosed up; does tash get out of the spider? :ohdear:

yes, assuming that tash is on the cover on the next novel in the series

Also

quote:

Trivia
Zak was not responsible for the swarm, as a pile of dead shreevs was discovered at the end of the story.
Grand Admiral Thrawn appears in the story. Zak, Tash and Hoole wisely decide not to board his Star Destroyer when given the chance.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

the world would be a better place if star wars had never existed

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i am sure some other equally hammy bunch of movies would become the target of the publics obsessions (though then they might have worse music and scenery/effects, which makes up for a bit of the ham) instead

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
it's weird how much the world has been affected by star wars and yet how little the stars have been affected by the world wars

really makes you think

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the best thing about star wars is how mad star trek fans get about it, because star wars is mainstream and ok to like while star trek is still for dorks and always will be

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Trig Discipline posted:

it's weird how much the world has been affected by star wars and yet how little the stars have been affected by the world wars

really makes you think

:aaaaa:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sweevo posted:

the best thing about star wars is how mad star trek fans get about it, because star wars is mainstream and ok to like while star trek is still for dorks and always will be

Star Wars is light and fun, Star Trek is dour and awkward

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

don't describe the picard maneuver that way...

uh uh

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

i mean, i rather like both (though i also think force awakens is the best sw movie), but both fanbases are insufferable, as these things tend to go

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
mark hamill and patrick stewart are both cool dudes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

as a kid who was much more into star wars than star trek, patrick stewart is definitely cooler and a better person than mark hamill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cug6O1-wpMc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i mean, i rather like both (though i also think force awakens is the best sw movie), but both fanbases are insufferable, as these things tend to go

thew last star wars one was the best. the one between 3 and 4

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

as a kid who was much more into star wars than star trek, patrick stewart is definitely cooler and a better person than mark hamill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cug6O1-wpMc

that's generally true but this vid is gross as hell

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

A Pinball Wizard posted:

did you not see him on SNL

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sagebrush posted:

i love pstew but i feel they need to mention hamill's voice acting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL7__DHuCsg

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Thus a construction of the following type could conceivably arise: "It nearly knocked me off me plates—he was wearing a syrup! So I ran up the apples, got straight on the dog to me trouble and said I couldn't believe me mincers."[according to whom?][this quote needs a citation][original research?]

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

duTrieux. posted:

Thus a construction of the following type could conceivably arise: "It nearly knocked me off me plates—he was wearing a syrup! So I ran up the apples, got straight on the dog to me trouble and said I couldn't believe me mincers."[according to whom?][this quote needs a citation][original research?]

i'd like to propose an alternative to the turing test where the goal is to distinguish between rhyming slang and the output of some sort of markov chain/neural net

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
p sure we can prove british people aren't sentient

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i'm posting that to twitter to see if i can anger my british friends

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
which star wars is the one where han solo fucks a space weasel

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

atomicthumbs posted:

which star wars is the one where han solo fucks a space weasel
thats a rude thing to say about carrie fisher

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FMguru posted:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

FMguru posted:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

thats a rude thing to say about a space weasel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Why? Patrick Stewart is playing an old pervert with an ego problem. It's funny because in real life he's actually been an extremely active champion of women's rights (specifically working against domestic abuse) for decades