Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Cavauro posted:

I wonder if cody rhodes will name all his kids after main characters from zelda, or minor characters from zelda

"I'm Cody, this is my wife Brandi, and these are our children Old Man and Error."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cavauro posted:

I wonder if cody rhodes will name all his kids after main characters from zelda, or minor characters from zelda

If it's a boy he'll name it Zelda after the guy in the game.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

sticklefifer posted:

If Ricochet and Ospreay were wearing lucha masks nobody would think twice about it.

Lucha seems pretty choreographed but a lot of it is just "ah gently caress it JUMP AND PRAY"

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Cavauro posted:

At least "Link Rhodes" would be a transport infrastructure pun in line with his grandfather's.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Umbra Dubium posted:

At least "Link Rhodes" would be a transport infrastructure pun in line with his grandfather's.

Better than Access I suppose.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
https://twitter.com/_AndrewEverett/status/737673298440511488

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

"I'm Cody, this is my wife Brandi, and these are our children Old Man and Error."

Their third child, Skull Kid Rhodes, will be the greatest wrestler in their family.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I'm surprised that there isn't already a wrestler named skull kid

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I'm surprised that there isn't already a wrestler named skull kid

I wish there was a wrestler who's gimmick was that he was possessed by an evil ancient mask

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

WadeBartender posted:

I wish there was a wrestler who's gimmick was that he was possessed by an evil ancient mask

#WhereIsKane

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Too busy shouting at characters in WarCraft.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

WadeBartender posted:

Chikara's got something close, in that there's a wrestler possessed by an evil ancient amulet.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I get everything in Cody's list but Pat Buck.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

SomeMathGuy posted:

Too busy shouting at characters in WarCraft.

I got really confused when I saw Kane growling along to some sort of grim and gritty Shrek reboot until I realized it was a new Hobbit movie.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Andrew Everett rules.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Is this what a meme looks like in the pro wrestling bubble?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Cody will be appearing at convention tables with his indie merchandise, screaming BUY SOMETHIN' WILL YA at everyone.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
The difference is, people would actually buy Cody's merch compared to Virgil's

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would spend a decent amount to have Cody Rhodes put a paper bag on my head.

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014
The only person i saw freak out was vader. Were there any others?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

That list is... PRETTY GOOD.

:ocelot::smug:

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

The only person i saw freak out was vader. Were there any others?
I think he's been the most prominent so far. The two others I suspect might take issue with it is Russo and, more likely, Cornette.

My biggest problem with spotfests is the lack of selling any moves, but I think that'll always bother me no matter how good the match is. I mean, I did enjoy Wrestling Society X, after all.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 1, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I get everything in Cody's list but Pat Buck.

Pat Buck is an old OVW talent who now runs PWS (I think). He's a friend of Cabana's, and was on AOW.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Joe's subtweeting someone who claims to wrestle strong style and it's not Nakamura

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is he taking in-character shots at Finn? I haven't seen the tweets but that might make sense

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Joe's subtweeting someone who claims to wrestle strong style and it's not Nakamura

https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/738046269881516032

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Pat Buck is an old OVW talent who now runs PWS (I think). He's a friend of Cabana's, and was on AOW.

He's the indie dude's indie dude. I know who he is, I just thought it was a weird thing for Cody to mention specifically.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
So sad

https://twitter.com/KiddWWE/status/738115463255891968

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey, this could very easily have been the one year anniversary of his irreversible paralyzing or death. All things considered, he is a very, very, very lucky man.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 2, 2016

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Kidd-saro was a great, great team and I wanna watch all their matches again.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Hey, this could very easily have been the one year anniversary of his irreversible paralyzing or death. All things considered, he is a very, very, very luck man.

What were the stats for his injury? Like 10 percent of people survive and 6 percent don't end up paralyzed?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

What were the stats for his injury? Like 10 percent of people survive and 6 percent don't end up paralyzed?

Something like that, yeah. The only thing that saved his life was being an athlete and have stronger than normal neck muscles. I think that's the same reason why Steve Austin wasn't in worse shape after his neck injury, a normal guy would have been paralyzed or dead after Austin's injury.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

sticklefifer posted:

If this concerns you in any way; you made a very depressed person actually laugh, as in audibly. Hasn't happened often in the last year or so. Thanks.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Porrima posted:

If this concerns you in any way; you made a very depressed person actually laugh, as in audibly. Hasn't happened often in the last year or so. Thanks.

I am pulling for your mental health. I hope things get good for you.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/738050869900509184

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Porrima posted:

You're most welcome, and I hope you're getting the treatment you need. :)

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd offer Matt Hardy all the monies to come back to WWE and bring this batshit gimmick with him. his descent from rich greasy champion to the phantom of the loving opera has been wild.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Based Hardy

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/732792373999206401

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/737839368363204608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

For better or worse the Hardys are some of the most interesting / batshit crazy people to come out of wrestling.