Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

nothing is more satisfying than ending ryoma's poo poo completely with this dumb character ive spent like 6 months building slowly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I got bow lynn and axe Ike, I also have a sword Ike. Should I spend my free pick on Lance Lucina? I'm pretty casual so not looking to minmax. I do have Lance Beach Robin.

That's a pretty good idea, especially if you don't care about IVs of your units.

Lancina is a great unit.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Tender Bender posted:

I got bow lynn and axe Ike, I also have a sword Ike. Should I spend my free pick on Lance Lucina? I'm pretty casual so not looking to minmax. I do have Lance Beach Robin.

Yeah, do it.
Also octopus robin makes kitting out lance units so easy. I love it.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Going on a journey to make axe mom as powerful as possible.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Retcon posted:

Going on a journey to make axe mom as powerful as possible.

How do all of you people have so many Hectors?

He's my white whale.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 4, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
retcon's a whale and should not be treated as the norm

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

retcon's a whale and should not be treated as the norm
I think I'm more of a dolphin. Not that these distinctions really matter.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Retcon posted:

I think I'm more of a dolphin. Not that these distinctions really matter.

Have you grabbed a boat between your jaws, like enormous sheers, and bit the craft completely in twain?

Because if you have, you're a whale. And probably being hunted by Gregory Peck.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I've never gotten Hector, and I pull for him every time he shows up on a banner. I'm starting to wonder if he really exists.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

FartingBedpost posted:

How do all of you people have so many Hectors?

He's my white whale.

Parasol Prophet posted:

I've never gotten Hector, and I pull for him every time he shows up on a banner. I'm starting to wonder if he really exists.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaame. I have sunk every Orb I've earned on his Tempest banner, pulling only greens and NO HECTOR.

I've gotten some good Skill Inheritance fodder, though.

And Freddie is coming along nicely, too. I just wish I could get a Hector already...

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Parasol Prophet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiE4yBIZGjY
HECTOR....EXISTS!

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Sometimes the gacha just likes to toy with you. Took me three Lucina banners and three 5* Tharjas to get my first Lucina, and then she ended up being neutral.. right after they gave a neutral Lucina to everyone during the first Tempest Trials.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I only know Hector exists as I keep getting him as the third guy in the gauntlet.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Bonuses are going to make this v. interesting

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Delthea is my Hector

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
5* Things I have pulled on my alt that are not BIke:

Titania
Hector
Soren (Is Ike around? Hur hur, you tell me you dick.)

Gettin reeeeeeal tired of off banner characters.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Yo, Ostentatious, your B th Chng Hana just initiated on, and loving massacred, a Hector. Mad props, man, mad props. She's a welcome ally. She got me 92,000 points in Ike's bonus round.

I hope my Ninian has been helpful to some of you folks....

In other B th Chng news, I encountered this in the Arena today:

Username was "PlsBuffOdin."

I felt sorry for beating him... And I would have sent him a friend request but my list is full. :smith: You do you, Odin guy. I support your efforts.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
you would've dumped him as soon as that odin lost you a voting gauntlet run anyway

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

So here are my four projects. Clarisse and Palla are essentially done, ATiki needs a CSkill and maybe some small changes, and Fir, as already mentioned, needs the most?

Palla has unlearned Darting Blow 3 and Reposition, just so it's clear.

Edit: Clarisse just toppled a Ryoma and Clive and it felt so good.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 4, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

you would've dumped him as soon as that odin lost you a voting gauntlet run anyway

That Odin is more than good enough to not lose you a voting gauntlet match

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

There's someone with a *5 +10 Odin.

http://harmony-orb.tumblr.com/post/164334469674/real

That's some real dedication and a complete waste of resources.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Back on Team Hector, I had exactly one friend on the team, and they had a fully skill inherited Palla with a Wo Dao+. And she was completely useless in every battle. Maybe she's good on a flier team, but it was pretty disappointing.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I just got wrecked in Arena Assault by Guidance for the first time. I thought I was all top poo poo for baiting Tana with Anna, but it turns out she had Hit and Run and a Firesweep Lance so she smacked my Anna in the face and then telefragged her with a nearby Lucina.

Moral of the story: check skills, lads. Also, build that yourself because that's awesome.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Clarste posted:

Back on Team Hector, I had exactly one friend on the team, and they had a fully skill inherited Palla with a Wo Dao+. And she was completely useless in every battle. Maybe she's good on a flier team, but it was pretty disappointing.

Yeah, Palla definitely needs a hone atk or hone fliers to be helpful. It's why she's not my leadout unit.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
holy poo poo i just saw the worthless rear end gordin in gauntlet again! same build! same poo poo stock weapon!

... except he was on the other team, and i had xander :unsmigghh:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
With the advent of Bow Lyn I'm tempted to run a really weird anti-meta trio of F-Robin (Gronraven+, TA3, B-tombreaker, Hone Speed, Moonbow), Linde (Blarblade+, Desperation, Hone Attack), Olivia (Silver Sword, TA3, Some other poo poo here).

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Alrighty, with the arena rewards I'm back up to 20k feathers again, so I figure I'll sit back and wait to see if Titania's a bonus unit for the upcoming Tempest. If she is, then it's time to promote that 4* +atk version and make project: Axemom a reality.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I've got almost 20k feathers again! Time to think about who to promote next. Right now, my best option are make Xandy-boy a +1... or wait for the stats on the Black Knight. If he has Distant Counter baked into his weapon, it miiiiiight be a better idea to save my feathers for him.

Leaning towards promoting the other Xander anyway, atm. Xander is more immediately useful to me.

Murderion posted:

Alrighty, with the arena rewards I'm back up to 20k feathers again, so I figure I'll sit back and wait to see if Titania's a bonus unit for the upcoming Tempest. If she is, then it's time to promote that 4* +atk version and make project: Axemom a reality.

I have drawn two 4* Titanias fishing for Hector and they are BOTH -atk. :( At this rate my best bonus unit for the next tempest will be... Soren.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Silver Falcon posted:

I've got almost 20k feathers again! Time to think about who to promote next. Right now, my best option are make Xandy-boy a +1... or wait for the stats on the Black Knight. If he has Distant Counter baked into his weapon, it miiiiiight be a better idea to save my feathers for him.

Leaning towards promoting the other Xander anyway, atm. Xander is more immediately useful to me.

I have drawn two 4* Titanias fishing for Hector and they are BOTH -atk. :( At this rate my best bonus unit for the next tempest will be... Soren.

Depends on whether your roster has any major holes in it. My current bugbear is trying to get enough good 5*s and 4*+es to get through hard mode arena assault without turning into pudding. I've got plenty of lances (who doesn't), a decent number of axes and swords, one each of the dancers and nowhere near enough mages (but who does?)

If it's and consolation, Soren's not bad, he sits right in the middle ground between Julia and Nino statwise. With the Tempest buffs he'll be a goddamn wrecking ball.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Yeah, that's the thing. I can't think of any glaring holes I have in my roster other than just more lv 40 skill inherited units for Arena Assault or whatever. And I'm working on a second horse team so that'll help for such things.

So I was thinking I'd make my best units even better. Xander is certainly one of my best units and the cav team could use some merges so I can actually get a decent Arena score while using them. Yeah I use a horse team as a crutch to get easy Arena wins. Don't judge me. :colbert: Mama needs the feathers.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Clarste posted:

I managed to have no friends on team Lucina. Every battle I was asked twice if I wanted to add them to my friend list.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Only things I'm missing from my roster are mages. I could promote my Tharja but meh. RobinM just isn't cutting the mustard. Reinhardt is -ATK. Boey hahahahaha.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Only things I'm missing from my roster are mages. I could promote my Tharja but meh. RobinM just isn't cutting the mustard. Reinhardt is -ATK. Boey hahahahaha.

-Atk Reinhardt is still very good and kills many things.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Have two -spd hectors. +atk and +def.

Which should I keep and which one lets Jagen keep Gunter company?

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

BlazeEmblem posted:

I managed to have no friends on team Lucina. Every battle I was asked twice if I wanted to add them to my friend list.
Similar for Lucina, but with one Effie friend who eventually I had to unfriend in order to get the colourless and green quests done, which felt a little unfair to them.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Don't know how I missed this thread previously. I must be hosed up because I love doing this rerolling poo poo on my 12 hour shifts - one of which I just started. Guess I'll reroll until I have two 5* in-party. Thanks, work wifi.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

She hits 41 speed with a goad and quads everybody

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

She rolls with

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Hmm time to start deciding what IV to roll on Freddy: +ATK (which makes him near Cherche level) or +SPD (which leaves him at an almost respectable 29 SPD)?

Also I might decide to sack my 5* Camilla for a Brave Axe+. She's +DEF/-SPD, which is kind of... eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Shinji117 posted:

Similar for Lucina, but with one Effie friend who eventually I had to unfriend in order to get the colourless and green quests done, which felt a little unfair to them.

Just send colorless and green in yourself, you lose like 80 points total.