Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

i slap the box and it discharges its entire store as plasma, vaporizing us all instantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's canon the WoL's pockets are a bottomless pit filled with all sorts of junk. They can put it right next to that massive multi tool they pull out whenever they have to shoot drills, saws, or anchors.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Idea: make the robot permanent and then you just slap the aether doohickey on that

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The Bophedes condenser

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's canon the WoL's pockets are a bottomless pit filled with all sorts of junk. They can put it right next to that massive multi tool they pull out whenever they have to shoot drills, saws, or anchors.

the multitool that shoots drills, saws, and anchors is my favorite class thing maybe. it's such an elegantly stupid solution to include Edgar's absurd array of tools, and I love a big dumb weapon that keeps the MWS or cross punisher spirit alive

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I am sure others noticed it months ago or it was discussed here before, but when I was doing some loporrit quests, I noticed some crystals in their burrow and crystals in Watcher's palace look like memoria crystals Zero creates when she traps voidsent, same patterns.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 23, 2023

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Valentin posted:

the multitool that shoots drills, saws, and anchors is my favorite class thing maybe. it's such an elegantly stupid solution to include Edgar's absurd array of tools, and I love a big dumb weapon that keeps the MWS or cross punisher spirit alive

Also you just know Stephanivien was super-psyched to create the multimodal murdertool. Every time I got a new MCH skill, I just imagined him blowing up the WoL's linkpearl with YO GET OVER HERE AND CHECK THIS OUT

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Nessus posted:

The Bophedes condenser

what's a condenser

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Zeruel posted:

what's a condenser

Condenser? I hardly know 'er!

Got im.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The multitool comes from the box though.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

that's a huge part of why it's so good. it's a literal box that makes anything you want out of aether pretty much and instead of being like "okay I need a gun that shoots saw blades and a poison gas sprayer and a weird anchor gun" the WoL took the most outlandish and pointless approach possible and said every time I need one of the guns we invented I'm gonna generate a gun that is actually five guns stapled together

e: when you kill something with the giant machinist swiss army gun it feels to me like all the "dude got blown away by a thingamabob" tweets after the abe assassination with the homemade gun

Valentin fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 24, 2023

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zeruel posted:

what's a condenser
BOPHEDES NUTS

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Valentin posted:

that's a huge part of why it's so good. it's a literal box that makes anything you want out of aether pretty much and instead of being like "okay I need a gun that shoots saw blades and a poison gas sprayer and a weird anchor gun" the WoL took the most outlandish and pointless approach possible and said every time I need one of the guns we invented I'm gonna generate a gun that is actually five guns stapled together

e: when you kill something with the giant machinist swiss army gun it feels to me like all the "dude got blown away by a thingamabob" tweets after the abe assassination with the homemade gun

I like it when the WoL upgrades their MCH moveset they just start doing sweet flips.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it makes the bullets hurt more

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Countblanc posted:

it makes the bullets hurt more

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I love this

So I finished the Omicron tribe quest today, do we really not get to give the Nibirun hope?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Did you get to Bloodsworn, or Sworn? The story doesn't end until the first one, even though it seems they're wrapping things up at Sworn.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Onean posted:

Did you get to Bloodsworn, or Sworn? The story doesn't end until the first one, even though it seems they're wrapping things up at Sworn.

Oh poo poo just Sworn. OK yay! I have a few tribes at Sworn I'm stupid

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, things are often wrapped up at Sworn while the Bloodsworn story piece serves as more of an epilogue, but the Omicron don't really finish until the very end.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Onean posted:

Yeah, things are often wrapped up at Sworn while the Bloodsworn story piece serves as more of an epilogue, but the Omicron don't really finish until the very end.

This also seems to be the case for the lopporits because that sworn cutscene kinda ends pretty abruptly. Though it really just needs a denouement.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

This also seems to be the case for the lopporits because that sworn cutscene kinda ends pretty abruptly. Though it really just needs a denouement.

I'm waiting for the tear-jerking ending as radioway starts getting visitors from Etheirys who heard their broadcasts, and want to thank them for helping/meet a celebrity.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
So re: the EW Normal Raid Series (spoiler through post-P8N)

The first wing was Castlevania. The second wing was Resident Evil. My money is on the final wing being Silent Hill. Imagine: Lahabrea gets a letter from Athena...

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
in my restless dreams, I see that facility
pandaemonium

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

man if instead of cloak/sword, hesperos after teleport cast three fireballs (three line aoes with narrow gaps) or two big fire balls (exaflares that overlap to cover the width of the arena but fire at a delay), I would've fully marked out.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Alternatively, we get Parasite Eve instead. Inclyding Athena burning sould up in an opera and dino boss.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

The first wing was Castlevania. The second wing was Resident Evil. My money is on the final wing being Silent Hill. Imagine: Lahabrea gets a letter from Athena...

It's super mario rpg

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Y'all weren't kidding, the melee EW Role Quest is really good.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Which one was that again? The one with Winknudge the Childhood Friend?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I thought it was the one with Ludicrouslyyoung the childhood friend.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Company of Heroes one.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Fingers crossed for Dino Crisis

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kazy posted:

Y'all weren't kidding, the melee EW Role Quest is really good.

Honestly all the EW role quests are really good, it might be the best batch of 'parallel multi-storyline content' in the game in terms of average quality (if that description makes sense), it's just that with a couple you have to be willing to catch the pitch they're actually throwing rather than the one you wanted them to.

Tank and caster are the biggest ones for that. Neither is completely flawless, but the complaints you see about them are never about those and are always about 'I very clearly hate the group the story sympathizes with and I'm about to express Troubling Opinions about that'.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

It's super mario rpg

Culex is from the thirteenth that's why he has the FFIV boss theme mark it

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'd played mario rpg when I was 7, before I played Final Fantasy 2 for the Super Nintendo, and I had a lot of trouble articulating to my cousin how the boss music in Final Fantasy 2 for the Super Nintendo sounded exactly like that one weird boss in mario rpg that I couldn't beat

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Tank and caster are the biggest ones for that. Neither is completely flawless, but the complaints you see about them are never about those and are always about 'I very clearly hate the group the story sympathizes with and I'm about to express Troubling Opinions about that'.

While there are certainly plenty of dumb and/or bloodthirsty people loudly yelling about both, the more reasonable complaints are:

(caster) "...Wait isn't this just the Scholasticate story again?" Copy pasting it into still optional but less missable content is 'fine' though imo.
(tank) "Will Gridania get the Limsa/Ul'dah treatment? ...nope!" Tiny step forward, more could still happen in the variant dungeon though. It's a good place for it

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I understand the complaint about caster vs. Scholasticate, but I do think it's forgivable given how missable the Scholasticate is (and, I suspect, what percentage of those who have played it sped through to get the "of the Holy Body" title). Hell, I haven't even finished Scholasticate myself -- I need to, but I have a very low tolerance for anime school melodrama and some of those cutscenes have been excruciating.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

You get the the adjust spectacles emote and a glam top too! But yeah putting it in the role quests makes total sense

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I want Fourchenault's teleport Rescue for Sage. :mad:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I don't think the EW caster quest is just the Scholasticate, but I agree there's big common elements. I think it's a story that's served well by having the proverbial volume cranked up, though, and I never really felt like it was a retread when I was doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

My one critic of the EW quests is we didn't end up with permanent access to the offices of the leaders