Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suspicious donkey!
Jun 26, 2013

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Lol at the thought of Trump being told he has to do whatever a Wallfacer says no questions asked.

its Trump. He is the wallfacer whose actions do not seem rational to us yet will save us from the invading aliens in the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Hello

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sir Tonk posted:

no wonder people thought he was bill hicks, used to look just like him

I had the same thought. It's disturbing.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Serf posted:

numenera is based on a garbage set of rules but the video game seems more about talking and thus avoids engaging with monte cook's poo poo-tier mechanics

Well the setting is pretty garbage too unless the PC devs deliberately shied away from those parts of it.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Where's the morning tweet you shriveled rotting orange peel covered in piss? :colbert:

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

so how illegal would it be for masses of people to constantly report bogus immigrant crime to overwhelm the bullshit VOICE and similar programs?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Any new tweet from the fat old bitch?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Serf
May 5, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Well the setting is pretty garbage too unless the PC devs deliberately shied away from those parts of it.

yeah i would hope the devs would steer away from the nibovian wifes and beaner poo poo. hopefully they have more sense than cook

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TRUMP

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

yeah i would hope the devs would steer away from the nibovian wifes and beaner poo poo. hopefully they have more sense than cook

I don't know the context of this but it sounds really lovely

Serf
May 5, 2011

BeOSPOS posted:

basically nibovian wifes are sexy lady monsters that seek to have sex with adventurers and use their semen to open a portal to hell and birth a demon that hunts down their father because trpgs are largely juvenile garbage

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

this chart is going to drive trump absolutely bonkers

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
one of the guys who run DPRK_news parody twitter had a meltdown

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/836841236929654784

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/836841317565071361

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

basically nibovian wifes are sexy lady monsters that seek to have sex with adventurers and use their semen to open a portal to hell and birth a demon that hunts down their father because trpgs are largely juvenile garbage

That makes sense. I didn't get the "beaner" part or is that some unfortunate alien name?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BeOSPOS posted:

Sounds kind of insane.

NIBOVIAN WIFE: These biological constructs appear to be beautiful female humans. Their only function, however, is to seduce male humans so they can get pregnant. Pregnancy in a Nibovian wife opens a transdimensional rift inside its womb, giving an ultraterrestrial (such as an abykos, an erynth grask or any ultraterrestrial creature the GM wishes) access to this level of existence. The time required for “gestation,” which is actually the aligning of phase changes to create the rift, ranges from ten minutes to nine months. When the ultraterrestrial creature is “born,” the Nibovian wife nurtures it as if it were a child, even though it clearly is not. During this time, the construct defends the “child” fiercely, using incredible strength and resilience. The young creature develops quickly, and its first and only compulsion is to hunt down and kill its “father.”

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hoo boy.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol bad form

Serf
May 5, 2011

BeOSPOS posted:

That makes sense. I didn't get the "beaner" part or is that some unfortunate alien name?

people who live in the shadow of the beanstalk, which is a space elevator. i mean gently caress just call them stalkers

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

prefect posted:

Sounds kind of insane.

NIBOVIAN WIFE: These biological constructs appear to be beautiful female humans. Their only function, however, is to seduce male humans so they can get pregnant. Pregnancy in a Nibovian wife opens a transdimensional rift inside its womb, giving an ultraterrestrial (such as an abykos, an erynth grask or any ultraterrestrial creature the GM wishes) access to this level of existence. The time required for “gestation,” which is actually the aligning of phase changes to create the rift, ranges from ten minutes to nine months. When the ultraterrestrial creature is “born,” the Nibovian wife nurtures it as if it were a child, even though it clearly is not. During this time, the construct defends the “child” fiercely, using incredible strength and resilience. The young creature develops quickly, and its first and only compulsion is to hunt down and kill its “father.”

so its a science-fantasy succubus basically

Serf posted:

people who live in the shadow of the beanstalk, which is a space elevator. i mean gently caress just call them stalkers

*in a mexican accent* get out of here stalker

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

lol fkn liteweight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwiZxdTzz7o

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Agreed

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fallen Hamprince posted:

As long as its kisses don't drain levels, I'm okay with it. Never could stand level drains. :argh:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

God drat it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the liberal media says trump is good now

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Serf posted:

call em Jacks imo or jagoffs or something

the racist term for them is Peaches cos they hate it when people get them confused with the giant peach community three towns over

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

lol what a puss

im all about the slow burn

TRUMP

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also god its another amazing day in the northern american empire

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

way to kill a gimmick

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

prefect posted:

Sounds kind of insane.

a cuckwork orange

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

also god its another amazing day in the northern american empire

Darkman Fanpage posted:

way to kill a gimmick

:stare:

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Can someone direct link the EO/document that details VOICE for me? Having a hard time finding it.

Edit: found it https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/17_0220_S1_Enforcement-of-the-Immigration-Laws-to-Serve-the-National-Interest.pdf bottom of page 4.

gently caress this poo poo

knobgobblin fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 1, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

*in a mexican accent* get out of here stalker

it's like if somebody wanted to make the succubus an even shittier monster

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

BeOSPOS posted:

I didn't get the "beaner" part or is that some unfortunate alien name?

The Beanstalk. In the middle of seemingly nowhere, it rises up literally into the sky and out of sight. The legends of Jack, for whom all jacks are named, cross paths with it.

The base of the Beanstalk is a tall tower of metal and glass. As tall as the tower is, rising up from the highest point of the tower is a strip of unknown material that reaches far, far higher. This “stalk” is about 10 feet (3 m) wide but only a few inches thick. No one knows exactly how high it extends, but on a clear day it seems to simply disappear into the sky. Even more mysterious is the Beanstalk’s purpose—what waits at the top? The stories, of course, say that it leads to a castle in the clouds, occupied by a giant. These same legends suggest that there is a danger that the giant will one day come down the stalk to plague the land.

Due to a gravitational distortion likely caused by the beanstalk or the tower, five boulders the size of small mountains (along with numerous smaller stones) float in the air around the base and the lowest part of the stalk. These gravity-defying stones have no known purpose and might be an unintended side effect of the process originally used to construct the tower and the Beanstalk.

In recent years, a small town of about 1,000 residents has grown around the tower. Locals refer to their community as “the Base,” but outsiders call the town “the Beanstalk” and the people that live there “Beaners.” Most Beaners are farmers, growing wheat and, ironically, beans in the flat region around the tower. The people don’t know how to access the interior of the base, but they have built wooden structures and scaffolding around it, which support observation platforms and places for religious rites. There is no wall around the town, but dangerous beasts and other threats seem to avoid the area most of the time

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

gradenko_2000 posted:

In recent years, a small town of about 1,000 residents has grown around the tower. Locals refer to their community as “the Base,” but outsiders call the town “the Beanstalk” and the people that live there “Beaners.” Most Beaners are farmers, growing wheat and, ironically, beans in the flat region around the tower. The people don’t know how to access the interior of the base, but they have built wooden structures and scaffolding around it, which support observation platforms and places for religious rites. There is no wall around the town, but dangerous beasts and other threats seem to avoid the area most of the time[/i]

If people didn't use "beaner" in real life, that would be a pretty good name, I'd think.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

nice meltdown

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vertical Lime posted:

the liberal media says trump is good now

Is he?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

baloogan is the real deal

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

He is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Mo_Steel posted:

Where's the morning tweet you shriveled rotting orange peel covered in piss? :colbert:

He is too busy basking in the good press he is receiving. So much so that the Muslim ban will be put off from today until tomorrow so the media can spend more time praising him (and give lawyers appealing the ban additional ammunition to question the imminent threat that required this EO).

• Locked thread