Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

this is mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr2gdPY-88w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
I've always found the complete lack of professional dignity in some american lawyers fascinating.

We are banned from advertising. It helps, actually.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Qk6QPzuIc

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Nice piece of fish posted:

I've always found the complete lack of professional dignity in some american lawyers fascinating.

We are banned from advertising. It helps, actually.

We're a nation full of people stupid enough to elect Trump, and where 99% of people could face bankruptcy next week if they have a sudden medical emergency.

Almost all of us in America are one bad day away from being poor and desperate. Dignity is a luxury and a lot of folks don't care about it. If you look at the firm profiles these wacko adverts come from, it's usually either solo practitioners or people who started that way, and to quote Mencken, "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 15, 2018

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Who is that idiot SovCit hack who had a video where be basically said "I have cracked the mathematical code of any language and can win any argument and legal dispute"? That was a laugh a minute.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Vargatron posted:

Who is that idiot SovCit hack who had a video where be basically said "I have cracked the mathematical code of any language and can win any argument and legal dispute"? That was a laugh a minute.

code:
:David-Wynn: Miller

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Vargatron posted:

Warning: looking up that dude is a one-way ticket to the deepest, darkest rabbit hole of human insanity, stream of consciousness acid trip wild rear end nonsense and it you will slowly descend into madness by about the 45 second mark of any one of his 2.5 hour youtube videos; its like Videodrome for Sovereign Citizens, and its absolutely buttfucking nutso.

Also, as soon as you realize he set the camera up like he's teaching a class, but there's no one actually in the room with him its even more hilarious.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
9 goddamn hours holy ballsac

Ok, lets scroll down two or three results....

Aaaaaaaand there it is!

Edit: Now I want his youtube thumbnails as my avatar but I can't pick which one!!!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Thoughts?

Better?

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 15, 2018

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Crop it in tighter, and edit QUANTUM GRAMMAR so the words are stacked.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

blarzgh posted:

Warning: looking up that dude is a one-way ticket to the deepest, darkest rabbit hole of human insanity, stream of consciousness acid trip wild rear end nonsense and it you will slowly descend into madness by about the 45 second mark of any one of his 2.5 hour youtube videos; its like Videodrome for Sovereign Citizens, and its absolutely buttfucking nutso.

Also, as soon as you realize he set the camera up like he's teaching a class, but there's no one actually in the room with him its even more hilarious.

This sounds like JUST the sort of background noise I’ve been looking for to play in the shop while I organize small parts.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Bad Munki posted:

This sounds like JUST the sort of background noise I’ve been looking for to play in the shop while I organize small parts.

Oh neat, a serial killer

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Edit

Wrong thread

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

blarzgh posted:

Aaaaaaaand there it is!

Edit: Now I want his youtube thumbnails as my avatar but I can't pick which one!!!

I can't watch any of this guy's junk. His word-salad isn't funny and his syntax is grating, and most of his garbage is spouted in safe places like classrooms or whatever, not in the real world where he can get owned by judges or tazed by P. Barnes

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

blarzgh posted:

Aaaaaaaand there it is!

I got five minutes into the first video before tapping out. I don't understand how he and the other person have a six hour conversation over complete nonsense.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
The best part about these ironman marathons of insanity is that you can, and try this at home because its great, is just randomly click to any time in the video and he will be saying the most insane thing you've ever heard, until you click on the next one.

For example:

7:51:00 - Because they're saying the nothing contract in bankruptcy can be bought back by the crown and sold to the next unsuspecting buyer.

2:14:00 - Anybody using prepositional phrases, even typing them from my book, will kill your computer. For about 18 months, they were frying computers...

5:27:50 - In comes another judge, Kobyashi and ask for appearances, and I said, 'I believe I have a warrant for your arrest.' and he ran out of the room.

59:20 - It took me one minute to transalte from Quantum Chinese to Quantum French, Quantum Italian, Quantum Indian...

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

blarzgh posted:

The best part about these ironman marathons of insanity is that you can, and try this at home because its great, is just randomly click to any time in the video and he will be saying the most insane thing you've ever heard, until you click on the next one.

For example:

7:51:00 - Because they're saying the nothing contract in bankruptcy can be bought back by the crown and sold to the next unsuspecting buyer.

2:14:00 - Anybody using prepositional phrases, even typing them from my book, will kill your computer. For about 18 months, they were frying computers...

5:27:50 - In comes another judge, Kobyashi and ask for appearances, and I said, 'I believe I have a warrant for your arrest.' and he ran out of the room.

59:20 - It took me one minute to transalte from Quantum Chinese to Quantum French, Quantum Italian, Quantum Indian...

4:31:00 - learning about maritime salvage to own the govs

Fake edit: we just added up some days and the king of hawaii was assassinated, A+ would recommend

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

euphronius posted:

It’s crazy but it’s also deeply imbedded in white supremacist terrorist culture. Sov Cits have been conducting terrorist activities for decades now. They don’t get lots of national attention. You can guess why.

Not only, though. Here in the US we have the Moors and the Nuwabians and the Black Hebrew Israelites, among others. In Canada there are some "First Nations" sov groups that may or may not include any actual Indigenous people.

Edit to add: I looked this up, and Ms. Boyd is a member of the Tsilhqot’in nation. She and another Tsilhqot’in nation member, Stanley Stump, Sr., are on the outs with the legit Tsilhqot’in governing authority,and have connected with a bunch of non-Indigenous sovcits (including a serial lawyer-imposter) to create a rival organization, confusing various issues.

AlbieQuirky fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 15, 2018

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

the real world where he can get owned by judges or tazed by P. Barnes

for the remaining 3 goons who haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebt0l8s3aMQ

Vox Nihili fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 16, 2018

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Vox Nihili posted:

for the remaining 3 goons who haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebt0l8s3aMQ

You gonna take advice from somebody tazed by P Barnes?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I've always wanted to track down P. Barnes and buy him a beer.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Quantum grammar best describes my posts after day drinking

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Quantum Grammar is my favorite Nelly song.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
In the year 2680, Quantum Grammer will star in the next Frasier reboot.

It promises to have the highest body count yet.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Can you give a timestamp of Quantum Language stuff?

I wanna respond but gently caress if I’m going through all that.

*~^quantum Chinese^~*

Jsfc.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
I used to play bass for quantum grammar

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

nm posted:

He’s so calm and collected. The young guy can’t help but laugh at the sovcit’s nonsense, but P. Barnes is all business, and he goes from zero to taze in like 1.2 seconds

“Leave the phone with your mother outside” lol

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

nm posted:

He’s in Coeur d’Alene, a fine spot for a vacation.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

P Barnes is legend, but is a cop using state sponsored violence so also bad?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Xiahou Dun posted:

Can you give a timestamp of Quantum Language stuff?

I wanna respond but gently caress if I’m going through all that.

*~^quantum Chinese^~*

Jsfc.

Are you asking if there is an identifiable outline to his 9.5 hour youtube video so that there is a point where a particually topic is firmly entrenched and specifically discussed without tangent?

L.
O.
L.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Landlord/tenant question. I live in Mass (Cambridge specifically), and my leases renews annually if no one makes any changes (sept 1). My landlord company claims they sent a letter notifying us of a rent increase for the new lease (starting Sept 1) in mid march. They claim this was sent through regular mail. We never received it.

The lease says:

"Whenever this Lease requires or allows notices to be given by either party to the other, the notice must be in writing. If the notice is from the Landlord to the Tenant, the notice will be assumed to have been given if sent by certified or registered mail to the apartment...The parties may also use any other method of giving notice which is permitted by law. Whenever notice is sent by mail, the party giving the notice must pay all necessary postage and must mail the notice early enough to make sure that it will be received when due."

Our lease says it should be sent by certified/registered mail OR "any other method" permitted by law. We're just emailing about this back and forth right now, but they claim it was sent by regular mail. Any idea on where I could find these other methods of notice permitted by law? If there is even a list? Thanks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You're misreading that. It's saying if your landlord had sent it certified or registered it would be presumed to have been received. The other methods part is just saying that notice can be delivered in basically any effective legal method.

Here's the situation you're in - you can probably argue that you didn't get the notice of the rent increase and get whatever month is currently in contention reduced to the lower price, but you're on notice now of the increase so future rent will be at the higher rate. Your recourse here is to terminate the lease and move somewhere else if you don't want to pay the increased amount.

Note that I'm not a mass. lawyer and I'm just speaking in the abstract. You're not likely to get them to give you the entire year renewed at the old rate. I could be wrong, though.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 16, 2018

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

You're misreading that. It's saying if your landlord had sent it certified or registered it would be presumed to have been received. The other methods part is just saying that notice can be delivered in basically any effective legal method.
Re-reading, you're right, I am misreading that portion. That makes this a lot more obvious. Thank you!

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
LOL our boy got the toe shoes.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Vibrams do tend to be comorbid with the cray cray

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Human Tornada posted:

LOL our boy got the toe shoes.

He uploaded something like 25 minutes of video from that day for his court appearance I actually sat through and watched way back when. He starts off the day with a small argument with P. Barnes and another bailiff when coming through security. He of course showed up to traffic court in his finest vibram five fingers, jeans, and a plain t-shirt. Everyone eventually gets into the court room and people are discussing their traffic cases with the prosecutor. He's filming other people's cases and is confronted by two bailiffs that ask him to stop filming. He refuses to do so, and rather than get physical with him they ask everyone else to leave. He stays in the room obstinately by himself for a few minutes before going into the hallway with everyone else. Once he does that, they start letting people in one by one to talk with the prosecutor and keep a wall up to keep him from re-entering. He decides that line doesn't apply to him and the bailiffs telling him to leave the camera outside are obviously trying to hide some injustice and attempts to charge through with the predictable results.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

even if we're pretending this dipshit isn't alt-right, what's the point of this? it's not like alt-right has a bunch of legally codified requirements, and she's a conservative who peddles in aggressive anti-immigrant pro-Israel and pro-'family values' issues.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I have a quick one for landlord-tenant stuff as well. I'm in Texas and I haven't reviewed the lease just yet as it's ~25 pages long and I only noticed this on the way out the door this morning en route to work. My landlord (renting company) removed the outside hose bibs from the house I rent. There are three units, the main house and two garage apartments and of course with only one water meter there's no good way to determine who's using extra water. The owners of the house receive the water bill so when it gets high they start sending people around to make sure nothing is leaking. I know one of the garage apartments had a washer and was using the rear hose bib, that may have riled the owners up, but my lease also indicates that I'm required to water the lawn (to be fair there isn't a lawn to speak of.) I expect they have the right to do this since it's Texas but it's kind of inconvenient to have to go inside to fill the watering can for my plants, for instance. I read the contract pretty carefully each time I've signed it and don't believe it addresses normal use and I wash my little VW way less often than it needs, TBQH.

Does anyone know if I have any grounds to ask for the hose bib in the front at least to be reconnected or should I just skip it? I don't plan on renewing this lease when it ends, FWIW.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Are you sure they're not just replacing them?

Maybe call and say, "hey, whats up? What about the lawn?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

even if we're pretending this dipshit isn't alt-right, what's the point of this? it's not like alt-right has a bunch of legally codified requirements, and she's a conservative who peddles in aggressive anti-immigrant pro-Israel and pro-'family values' issues.

it just an attempt to scare people or look tough on the internet because that lady is an idiot. No real journalist is scared of a defamation lawsuit over calling some alt right