Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hedrigall posted:

Same, plus krogans :kimchi:

And the Geth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Alain Post posted:

And the Geth.

You lost me there. Organic superiority.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Geth have the best hips in the Mass Effect universe. This is canon.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But are they voiced by the cast of farscape, firefly and the expanse? No they aren't. Quarian hips fo life

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The ark is a "derelict" reaper.

Might as well be called reaper effect.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Strategic Tea posted:

Also, do the arks have a quantum communicator? They could have stayed in contact for the whole journey?
It's going to take 600 years, everyone is in cryo so you don't have people's great-to-the-tenth grandchildren being the ones actually getting there.

Also I realize this makes me a moron but I'm excited for new info :3:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

FronzelNeekburm posted:

4) They did believe Shepard, but like the Protheans, they went dark on their moonshot project so the Reapers wouldn't learn about it.

I really do want to believe that the Council weren't complete idiots and this was their ultimate Hail Mary plot to escape the Reapers for good.

SubponticatePoster posted:

It's going to take 600 years, everyone is in cryo so you don't have people's great-to-the-tenth grandchildren being the ones actually getting there.

Also I realize this makes me a moron but I'm excited for new info :3:

That and it's way easier to maintain a population of technically-alive popsicles in the void between galaxies for centuries than generations of various species who often barely tolerate each other.

I'm getting my hopes up and expecting them to only be slightly let down again! I'm eager to put ME3 behind us for something good. :toot:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I guess that was specist of me, Krogan and Asari would just be fat and middle aged.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

hosed up but true: I love scanning for minerals, and I can't wait to do it a whole lot again in Mass Effect 4.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Bongo Bill posted:

hosed up but true: I love scanning for minerals, and I can't wait to do it a whole lot again in Mass Effect 4.

Hell, if you're going to make a bad post, might as well be in the ME thread

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm partial to getting out of the Mako to mine some element that is sitting by itself with nothing else around.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I always kinda looked forward to the Hammerhead bits of ME2.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Dude I am hella pumped to explore a new galaxy filled with planets that are just randomly generated heightmaps with some prefab poo poo scattered around.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

aegof posted:

I always kinda looked forward to the Hammerhead bits of ME2.

:chloe:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

If this is anything like Dragon Age 3, you stumble onto mineral deposits during adventures and then send people to mine them from the command center. You're the boss-hero, you have people to scan stuff for you.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

The MSJ posted:

If this is anything like Dragon Age 3, you stumble onto mineral deposits during adventures and then send people to mine them from the command center. You're the boss-hero, you have people to scan stuff for you.

If you find something useful, just take it over to the requisitions desk *makes asari puzzlebox*

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope Mass Effect Andromeda allows you to fight in formal wear again, except it's like Dragon Age 3 where you can make a dragon wing suit so it becomes one of your most powerful armor.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

The ark is a "derelict" reaper.

Might as well be called reaper effect.

It's where the rest of Sovereign ended up post-ME1.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zoran posted:

Hell, if you're going to make a bad post, might as well be in the ME thread

sweet burn

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/793932064634634240

I had no idea, I thought this was entirely a Montreal project. I guess Edmonton has a lot of their team free while they are in pre-production for DA4, but I had no idea what Austin could be doing. Multi-player, maybe?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The MSJ posted:

If the war table were accessible from anywhere, and didn't involve load screens, I might be okay with a second attempt at it.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Rinkles posted:

If the war table were accessible from anywhere, and didn't involve load screens, I might be okay with a second attempt at it.

It should have at least been accessible from camps

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

I had no idea, I thought this was entirely a Montreal project. I guess Edmonton has a lot of their team free while they are in pre-production for DA4, but I had no idea what Austin could be doing. Multi-player, maybe?

Oh good, it's going to be a lovely mess due to poor project management (again.)

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Mass Effect: Jogging Through Vancouver

https://twitter.com/masseffect/status/794207545602740224

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
So they are just straight up pretending the original trilogy didn't happen? All of this "Andromeda Initiative" stuff seems obviously set prior to the Reaper invasion...where did they get the tech to cross the gulf between galaxies?

Better yet, why in the hell would anyone sign up for this project when there are already backwaters you can move to and colonize in the Milky Way without everyone you know being dead for 500 years once you arrive? Why would people choose to completely remove themselves from galactic society and their loved ones unless they are fleeing the Reapers. And if they are fleeing the reapers, why aren't they spending this money on the Catalyst or more warships?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The answer to your first question is: They invented it.

The answer to your second question is: For science.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Maybe they launched the Andromeda initiative during the two year jump in ME2'S prologue

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

^
Or possibly during Shep's detainment on Earth after the Arrival DLC.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Better yet, why in the hell would anyone sign up for this project when there are already backwaters you can move to and colonize in the Milky Way without everyone you know being dead for 500 years once you arrive? Why would people choose to completely remove themselves from galactic society and their loved ones unless they are fleeing the Reapers.

By possessing a sense of adventure.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
It's possible they are planting the Andromeda mission into the standing universe with the idea that all the good turf is taken so lets go find some new stuff. Then Reapers happen and it became a lifeboat?

Alternatively who gives a poo poo about the story we'll be getting a new multiplayer to consume our time with. Fan meta turned Shepard from an elite special forces up and comer to a person who can't dance and wants to bang.....okay?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Aw sweet, I love when my broth is made by a lot of cooks

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

2house2fly posted:

Aw sweet, I love when my broth is made by a lot of cooks

It takes a lot to make a stew

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Honestly, I'm half expecting them to just say Destroy is canon and continue from there.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

So they are just straight up pretending the original trilogy didn't happen? All of this "Andromeda Initiative" stuff seems obviously set prior to the Reaper invasion...where did they get the tech to cross the gulf between galaxies?

Better yet, why in the hell would anyone sign up for this project when there are already backwaters you can move to and colonize in the Milky Way without everyone you know being dead for 500 years once you arrive? Why would people choose to completely remove themselves from galactic society and their loved ones unless they are fleeing the Reapers. And if they are fleeing the reapers, why aren't they spending this money on the Catalyst or more warships?

Why are real people signing up for one-way trips to Mars? There are always some crazy explorers out there, and being the first people on Mars/another galaxy might just be motivation enough.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It does seem a weird mission. They can't report back unless their just like "ok guys well go see what's out there, be back in about 1200 years."

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It does seem a weird mission. They can't report back unless their just like "ok guys well go see what's out there, be back in about 1200 years."

They're setting up farcasters. They're going to get back to Earth and meet their asari grandchildren who are the same age as them.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Would quantum entanglement communicators work at intergalatic ranges?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It makes much more sense as a last-ditch preservation effort done to ensure that at least some avoid the Reapers for good even if that doesn't seem work with the old game's story.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

When they put out that open call for fans to voice some extra characters, the lines were for typical Blue Suns-ish mercs, and I wondered, "Why are there mercenaries way out in this brand new galaxy?"

I suspect these two questions are related.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I thought the idea was that some of the ships got off course/slowed/people slept too long so when you start there's already some modicrum of "Milky Way Civilization" there.

So yeah, the crew of a ship goes mutiny and creates a raider faction why not?

Beefstew posted:

Honestly, I'm half expecting them to just say Destroy is canon and continue from there.

Nooooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I hope in andromeda 2 we return to the milky way by wormhole to liberate the galaxy from Joker's sentient hat

• Locked thread