Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm sure you don't wear out socks if you never walk anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I walk 8 hours at work but with no real winter the socks are not needed. Still nice to have for sleeping but that's usually a gentle activity on the socks.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I'm thinking about starting to wear a hat to sleep, a kind of floppy cotton hat. Thoughts?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

doverhog posted:

I'm thinking about starting to wear a hat to sleep, a kind of floppy cotton hat. Thoughts?

Are you also planning on running through the town to make sure that the children are all in bed?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

It would mostly be to help me sleep after a hard day, similar to the wool socks. Sleeping caps used to be a thing, I bet they knew something we forgot.

* like not having proper heating in their houses, ho ho ho

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Lmao you don't have any private messages! Mega fail.

At least I can still get my fix directly from the source. thank you.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

doverhog posted:

It would mostly be to help me sleep after a hard day, similar to the wool socks. Sleeping caps used to be a thing, I bet they knew something we forgot.

* like not having proper heating in their houses, ho ho ho

My wife teases me because if I ever put on a beanie when I'm relaxing at home/the passenger in a car/whatever I immediately fall asleep. There's something really peaceful about relaxing with a cap on.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I really enjoy the feeling of wearing socks to bed and then subsequently using my feet to peel them off after a bit when my feet feel too warm.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

South Park still going is worse than The Simpsons still going

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Gripweed posted:

Nope, I saw the episode that had Homer and Marge splitting up, with the cast of Girls, that was all just a dream.

That was like five years ago. The Simpsons is beyond phoning it in. They’re not reading tea leaves, they’re sniffing toilet paper.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Nope, I saw the episode that had Homer and Marge splitting up, with the cast of Girls, that was all just a dream.

That was like five years ago. The Simpsons is beyond phoning it in. They’re not reading tea leaves, they’re sniffing toilet paper.

Wow this sounds so loving bad I feel like I need to watch it just to rubberneck.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gripweed posted:

You can just not watch either :smugmrgw:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Wow this sounds so loving bad I feel like I need to watch it just to rubberneck.

The only worse TV I’ve seen was Allen Gregory. It was impressively bad.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

veni veni veni posted:

Same. Morbid curiosity is a biiiiiiitch.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The only worse TV I’ve seen was Allen Gregory. It was impressively bad.

I watched every episode of Allen Gregory, because it felt like I was witnessing something almost historically bad. I HAD to see firsthand how terrible it was going to get.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

YeahTubaMike posted:

L

I watched every episode of Allen Gregory, because it felt like I was witnessing something almost historically bad. I HAD to see firsthand how terrible it was going to get.

So imagine something juuuust above that. That’s the Simpsons episode I’m talking about. It was almost fun with how bad it was, but didn’t even break through to “so bad you can mock it”. It’s like when Achewood described the Grateful Dead as the sound of eight confused men getting paid but more incoherent.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I dunno, solar opposites is pretty loving bad y'all

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
South Park was never good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

South Park is such an unpleasant remnant of a deeply lovely time in American culture.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

south park is OK sometimes when its about kids with overactive imaginations but sucks rear end when cartman's crossing a line again or they try to write about politics at all

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

South Park is satire and literally no North American has had any idea how to process satire for the past 50 years, and goons even less because American goons are literally literally the dumbest motherfuckers ever to infect the planet.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

aw someone's cranky

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

3D Megadoodoo posted:

South Park is satire and literally no North American has had any idea how to process satire for the past 50 years, and goons even less because American goons are literally literally the dumbest motherfuckers ever to infect the planet.

Yeah like that time they satirized the poo poo out of trans people and produced one of the most hateful pieces of pop culture since Birth of a Nation.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trey Parker and Matt Stone are as satirical as 4chan posters.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the show peaked when the kids got ninja weapons and imagined themselves as animes and every other episode is poo poo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah the episodes like that are still good but the vulgar humour feels very early 2000s and the episodes where the kids turn to the camera and explain their political beliefs suck.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CYBEReris posted:

south park is OK sometimes when its about kids with overactive imaginations but sucks rear end when cartman's crossing a line again or they try to write about politics at all

The games are great because they’re both about the kids dress up games going completely out of hand.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My all time favorite episode is when they formulate a plan to steal one of those paper fortune telling things from the girls. Stanley's Cup is another good one. Also The List.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

My all time favorite episode is when they formulate a plan to steal one of those paper fortune telling things from the girls. Stanley's Cup is another good one. Also The List.

Oh my god, the ending of Stanley’s Cup absolutely cracked me up when it aired. I didn’t expect they’d actually go there.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Platystemon posted:

South Park was never good.

I liked Bigger Longer & Uncut but that's the only South Park thing I ever liked.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
It seems we can't really say if South Park is good or bad. I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

CYBEReris posted:

the show peaked when the kids got ninja weapons and imagined themselves as animes and every other episode is poo poo

I sort of agree with you, but if you’re a goon of a certain age*, the Heavy Metal parody, Major Boobage, is absolutely fantastic.

*ancient

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You beat me to it. Kenny in Heavy Metal was something else.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

South Park is way past it's prime and is definitely not good, but at it's worst it's still worth putting on in the background while I'm doing something else. At it's best there is still a funny joke here and there or even a good episode. Simpsons has been offensively bad for over 20 years and still just keeps going, which is insane.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That said, the best seasons of the Simpsons are pure gold and absolutely timeless, while South Park at it's best was mostly just ok with some gems in there.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

See I don't care that The Simpsons is still going because if you don't find it funny just don't watch it it doesn't hurt you that lots of other people watch it and it makes millions and millions and millions of dollars.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

family guy is the only funny cartoon in that style

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Family Guy is definitely consistently funnier than the majority of Simpsons and South Park

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Aramek posted:

See I don't care that The Simpsons is still going because if you don't find it funny just don't watch it it doesn't hurt you that lots of other people watch it and it makes millions and millions and millions of dollars.

It hurts that other people are so easily satisfied

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That's like getting legitimately hurt that people drink mad dog 20/20.

Who cares that other people like it, you are better than them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Aramek posted:

That's like getting legitimately hurt that people drink mad dog 20/20.

Who cares that other people like it, you are better than them.

No you're not.