Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You guys may think I'm a lib but I turned it on for about 3 minutes and couldn't take any more.

mcmagic has issued a correction as of 16:57 on Jan 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Nothing but love and respect for MY president

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I feel so split on the whole student debt forgiveness thing. On one hand, I think education should be free.

On the other hand, if people were so financially illiterate and got themselves into crushing debt by willfully going to school then that is entirely their fault.

Anecdotal but I got accepted into a top 5 school and decided not to go there because I couldn't afford it and didn't feel comfortable with the debt. I ended up going to only a top 10 because I could afford it. I paid back all of my loans already.

Seems a bit unfair that I am not going to get any of that interest back.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/BeschlossDC/status/1351910562851123203

Beschloss, by referencing "a change of a few dozen electoral votes in November", seems to be suggesting that if Trump had won, and not Biden, then democracy would have been lost.

This runs parallel to that tweet by Amy Siskind where she says a dictated was removed from power... via voting.

Because if Trump winning an election is equated to the loss of democracy, then what they're really saying is that democracy only applies if it's "their guy" that wins.

But if that were case, Trump already won an election the first time - so if democracy had been lost then, why did people put up with it for four years?

so basically what this guy is saying is that if 1/6 had actually managed to go off with anything close to the fantasy those chuds had, is that he would have gone along with it.

like, uh-duh I may not like it, but they coerced pence at this ceremonial counting into throwing out enough slates of electors so now trump is president for life, and because it happened inside the sacred temple it's official, them's the rules and I must abide by these norms because without norms and ceremony, we're nothing.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/morningmoneyben/status/1351921169130205185?s=20

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
JILLY??

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1351916560454045697?s=20

lmao

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

It's brunchtime again in America. Today more folx and womxn will go to gigs than ever before in our country's history.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Wheeee posted:

I feel so split on the whole student debt forgiveness thing. On one hand, I think education should be free.

On the other hand, if people were so financially illiterate and got themselves into crushing debt by willfully going to school then that is entirely their fault.

Anecdotal but I got accepted into a top 5 school and decided not to go there because I couldn't afford it and didn't feel comfortable with the debt. I ended up going to only a top 10 because I could afford it. I paid back all of my loans already.

gently caress you

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/reuterspictures/status/1351921781481861121?s=20

everyone gets a hillary suit!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

quote:

Obama has aged a lot in 4 years.

quote:

Imagine working your entire life and getting to be president then after 8 hard years you watch a complete moron tear it all down. That's gotta be stressful, he was alive to watch most of his legacy get dismantled.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wheeee posted:

you not being tricked by a failing society does not mean that you should be pulling the ladder up and laughing at those that couldn’t get up first

people that are struggling with student loans never pay down interest so they probably have paid more than you did anyway

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

yeah it loving owns

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Wheeee posted:

is this a real post? is this just parody? caught in a poe's law, no escape from the irony

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

also spending that much time on billionaire sex island really drains a man

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

doug emhoff

more like jack emhoff

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Monowhatever posted:

yeah it loving owns

It does, but the context of those people is that it's a bad thing.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

Team swap, you are now on on team blue

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 29 minutes!
I don't even know what outcome would have caused the 1/6 chuds to get what they wanted tbh

that's why I still feel weird calling it a coup, you don't get to become the government by breaking windows in a government building. If they did put zipties on Senators or whatever, more people would have died, and maybe some of them would have been Senators, but they still wouldn't get Trump declared god-emperor or whatever

p much just an extremely efficient way to put chuds in jail AFAICT, Trump is an inside job

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Wheeee posted:

source your quote

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

sorry for the fb screenshot but this just popped up on my facebook feed, I do not know how someone this insanely succlibby got onto my friends list in the first place.

Is this person saying the QAnon Shaman was in cahoots with Ghislaine Maxwell lol

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

mila kunis posted:

i was hoping duncan would have the liberalism beaten out of him in time for his series on the bolshevik revolution but i guess not and now im dreading it

oh no

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

i love how in the woke future men still can't wear colors in formal wear, this is why i wanna be a lady now smdh

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Media and Celebs gonna to be running cover for Biden admin for awhile too because they think criticism will lead to another Trump.

No self reflection that it will just further confirm that MSM can't be trusted.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lady Militant posted:

i love how in the woke future men still can't wear colors in formal wear, this is why i wanna be a lady now smdh

their ties can be any color they want!

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

the other hand
Dec 14, 2003

43rd Heavy Artillery Brigade
"Ultima Ratio Liberalium"
I am of two minds on J Bide making anime real.

And CNN is suddenly pro-gundam? Please

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

You guys may think I'm a lib but I turned it on for about 3 minutes and couldn't take any more.

It's kinda funny looking back because I went out to a bar and got drunk during Trump's inauguration specifically so that I wouldn't be in a position to try and watch it

and now it's 2021 and I still don't want to watch the inauguration

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Wheeee posted:

guessing its a quote but

eliminating student debt would close 1/3 of the racial wealth gap

its also just the only sane thing to do

people "willfully go to school" and take on tons of debt because theyre told its the only way to escape to a less soul- and body-crushing tier of servitude

i paid off all of my student loans but it doesnt loving matter. gently caress your interest, be pissed at the lenders and the system not the other people behind you on the ladder

also the different between a top-5 and a top-10 school is like 50k/year vs 60k/year if that so youre wrong in addition to being an trickle down misery rear end in a top hat

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

The feeling is definitely there. It's a new morning in America . . . fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

my woke 8 year old read that post and cried

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

thinking of all the poor black mothers trying to pay rent with representation, as their representation gives a handful of rich old white male ghouls whatever the gently caress they want

I notice that Ilhan doesn't mention her based daughter Isra being inspired by Kamala.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

real conversation but bc the kid saw santa groping mom

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

They tried to walk that terrible opinion back over there by saying it was a response to an old post so disregard. You all know where Wheeeee got their quote

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

hobbesmaster posted:

their ties can be any color they want!

:suicide:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Nothus posted:

source your quote

Long time lurker here that just wanted to say that this has been the longest four loving years of any administration in my nearly 40 years. It truly feels like he's been there for two terms not just one.

Congrats to us the survivors.

We've all been pardoned from a second Trump term.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Wheeee posted:

"gently caress you got mine"

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Lady Militant posted:

he's got navy slacks. what a sissy

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Wheeee posted:

source your quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1351917726248304640?s=19