Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Hello David.

Cat balcony adventures

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

look at that cat

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

some good-rear end cats on this every page

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

:pusheen:

This is great :3:

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

A friend is welcoming these sisters into his home soon and I think they're just great.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

graph posted:

look at that cat alpaca

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

pizza and pocket

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

graph posted:

pizza and pocket

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tricky Ed posted:

A friend is welcoming these sisters into his home soon and I think they're just great.

Molly and Maggie hello

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Tricky Ed posted:

hello Thelma and Louise

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Tricky Ed posted:

Gorls.

Calicos are the best.

Kat and Bianca, obviously

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Tricky Ed posted:

Powder & Soot

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Tricky Ed posted:

Greetings to Smokey and the Bandit

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Tricky Ed posted:

needle and tufts

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Tricky Ed posted:

Tell Arsenic and Old Lace I said hi

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Toaster was EXTREMELY judgemental this morning

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.io/ua9Dax6.mp4

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
i love that bonbon lunges forward then starts cleaning herself, as if it's perfectly normal to do this inside a plastic bag

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

BobHoward posted:

i love that bonbon lunges forward then starts cleaning herself, as if it's perfectly normal to do this inside a plastic bag

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

BobHoward posted:

from what I can tell with my cat it's 100% normal to go from aggressively murdering a toy/chasing a thing around to grooming herself before going back to murdering

I always wonder if big cats will do the same in the wild

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Just had some absolute rockstar home visit vets to deal with Peridot's matting. They promised me that they could handle her if I could trap her in the bathroom in the morning, which seemed easier than getting her into a carrier and was in fact easier. All I did was start putting their food in the bathroom several days early, then take it away overnight the night before, then go into the bathroom in the morning and put the food down such that it was as far inside the room as possible but I was still in reach of the door to slam it closed, then wait for half an hour while Pepper went in to eat multiple times and Peridot just stared longingly at the food from a short distance outside the room, until eventually she decided it was safe to follow Pepper in because she was very very hungry, so I could slam the door closed as soon as she put her head down to start eating.

This left all three of us shut in the bathroom together, but after that I could let Pepper out without too much trouble and wait a little while for Peridot to calm down from her yowls of betrayal so that I could slip out without her escaping.

Easy!

Anyway true to their word the vets were able to go in and jab her with a sedative. They went a bit on the light side and accidentally let her go because she went for one of them lol so she escaped back into her spare room, but she was sedated enough in the end that they could grab her again and get her with enough to knock her out properly. After that they were able to give her a lion cut (which I wanted to avoid at first but she really needed it, the matting had reached along her sides), clip her claws and take blood and urine samples.

Quite excitingly they have also told me that if I move a couple of things around the spare room they reckon they can catch her there next time, which means I don't have to lure her into a tiny room despite her suspicions but can instead just close her into the room she basically lives in anyway. I'm so incredibly relieved, this means I can actually get her checkups and stuff instead of waiting until things get bad before I get vets involved. Especially since she's getting older (she turns 10 this year!) this is extremely good to know.

Pics of the horrible gremlin chicken as soon as she gets comfortable enough to come out of hiding. Pepper seems to like... half recognise her? She's not quite as scared as last time Peridot got a lion cut but she is still pretty perturbed and hissed at her a bit as she went past. They'll be fine though, they've worked this stuff out before.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Ozzy turns 18 next month, but the vet says he's in great shape, kidney values are nice and stable with all the supplements and meds he's on for them, still gets around pretty well. Slightly anemic so he's getting some antibiotics in case of an infection causing it but it could just be that he's old.

Still a very good kitty

Still hates the vet tho lmao

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ozzieeeeeeeeeee ❤️❤️❤️

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

old cats, man. i’ve developed a soft spot for them.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ozzie!!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pollyanna posted:

old cats, man. i’ve developed a soft spot for them.

they've got lots of soft spots for you!

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

oswald :3:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

e: gently caress cancer, sorry to hear about OC :(

I was told over in PYF that I should post my cat.

This is Ozzy.

First Ozzy post itt was just over 10 years ago :3:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

amazon detected!

at ease!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

from what I can tell with my cat it's 100% normal to go from aggressively murdering a toy/chasing a thing around to grooming herself before going back to murdering

If I recall there's a thing where cat brains will use grooming as a kind of mental interrupt to deal with overstimulation.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cats do get overstimulated really easily.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

my wife is working as a vet tech now, and as such i have something to share with you all

this is Curry, scheduled to be neutered

... and post-op:

https://i.imgur.com/NyseoNW.mp4

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Why isn't anyone patting Curry? Curry needs pats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

:catdrugs: