Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Len posted:

There's good rape scenes?

I'm going to hazard a guess that they meant it's particularly terrible compared to how badly those kinds of scenes are usually handled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Len posted:

[insert vagina_monologues.txt here]

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Len posted:

Where's that Dominic Deegan picture?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Jesus gently caress is Rich okay? He needs to be okay, and the sooner the better.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

Jesus gently caress is Rich okay? He needs to be okay, and the sooner the better.

I am certain we are just getting a particularly big comic.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

It better be about 20 pages long

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It was the holidays you dunderheads.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Calaveron posted:

It was the holidays you dunderheads.

You mean that time when you hole up in your room with Doritos and Mountain Dew to avoid talking to your oppressive, bigoted family who wants you to get a job? Sounds like the perfect time to churn out more comics if you ask me.

:goonsay:

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

ConfusedUs posted:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1017.html

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
That's a... surprisingly good solution to the situation.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
That staff must have had a lot of charges in it.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I wonder if Roy still counts as her bodyguard? Probably not. He is going to run the flunkies like a hot sword through dessicated flesh though.

^^They probably aren't all vampires. Could be from Create Undead.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Wittgen posted:

The first thing that came to my mind too. That vampires need to stay in the ground a while was a plot point, would be weird if it was ignored now.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
They are in the ground, that whole building was made out of the mountain and is still part of it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Belkar crashes through the window, grabs the new high priest, flings her OUT of the window and down the side of the mountain. The high priest is no longer in the room, Hel's vote doesn't count, the world is saved.

Belkar is killed since he attacked a high priest during the moot, but is revived via Create Greater Undead by one of the priests in the room, therefore breathing his last breath ever.

"Now that I've saved the world, can we please get back to saving the world?"

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Wittgen posted:

Now would be the time to use them all if you're voting for the end of the world.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Could Durkula have been studying the spell in the staff and have Hel skip some corners to give him a bigger than usual supply of castings?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yes and no, respectively.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I have a feeling that relying on the staff is going to come back and bite Durkula in the rear end in the same way that it did for Malak.

Is Durkula attempting a coup right now? It looks like that horde of vampires is about to attack the delegation. If so would that not be a catastrophically bad idea? Half the people there are high level clerics and could wipe all of the Thralls out in a wave of Turn/Destroy undead. If he's not planning on attacking everyone then why reveal all of his minions at once?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

rocketrobot posted:

Now would be the time to use them all if you're voting for the end of the world.

Yeah, it completely makes sense. I was surprised by the number of vampires, but I probably shouldn't have been. One of the strong points of this comic is that the villains are at least as clever as the heroes.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
There's nothing stopping Roy from just tearing those other vampires apart like wet toilet paper, right?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The second Durkula renounced his position as high priest there's nothing stopping anyone in the chamber from blasting the poo poo out of him. Course he can just teleport now.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pope Guilty posted:

There's nothing stopping Roy from just tearing those other vampires apart like wet toilet paper, right?

Well, there's the fact that any vampire, no matter the base level, is a relatively decent combat threat.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

Roy, nothing. There's only one vampire in that room that's not protected by the rules of the moot and there's a dozen high level clerics in the room with them.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Roy, nothing. There's only one vampire in that room that's not protected by the rules of the moot and there's a dozen high level clerics in the room with them.

If anything, their biggest worry is going to be accidentally hitting the new High Priest with a stray attack while dealing with the horde.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Aren't a number of the higher level people vacant now that the initial voting is over?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Raenir Salazar posted:

Aren't a number of the higher level people vacant now that the initial voting is over?

What do you mean?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

rocketrobot posted:

What do you mean?

They were all dismissed to wait while the Dwarven Council votes.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Raenir Salazar posted:

Nah, they were dismissed but they're all stuck in the temple until stuff's wrapped up. No reason why they can't erase everyone except miss next in line. The issue is that new priestess hasn't set a bodyguard, and Roy probably doesn't get to just guard a religion, so now he probably can't attack the high priestess. Hence the need for Belkar.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Nah, they were dismissed but they're all stuck in the temple until stuff's wrapped up. No reason why they can't erase everyone except miss next in line. The issue is that new priestess hasn't set a bodyguard, and Roy probably doesn't get to just guard a religion, so now he probably can't attack the high priestess. Hence the need for Belkar.

I would assume that since Roy was admitted as the bodyguard, he's still the bodyguard. It's not like Durkula Robocopped him and said, "You're fired."

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's been a very short time since the dismissal, and anybody trying to leave would have run into the horde of fresh vampires that are now showing up.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
So at minimum we're going to get an(other) awesome fight scene? Really liking the pace of this book thus far.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
But if Durkula leaves, what's to stop Roy from killing the replacement High Priest anyway? Either he's the bodyguard of the position of High Priest of Hel, in which case he can kill the new vampire, or he's the bodyguard specifically to Durkula, in which case he's not a bodyguard anymore and the rule as presented is only a bodyguard attacking must be put to death.

I'm not searching for plot holes, here, I'm sure Rich has a plan, I'm just betting Durkula didn't think this entirely through.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Going back and rereading through a chapter makes them seem better paced. Tarquin isn't nearly as bad as I remember when they were getting posted live. Still though, I wish this would hurry the gently caress up.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i guess the good news is that if/when roy ends up eradicating the hell out of durkula, there's going to be plenty of clerics in the room to give him a proper resurrection once the dust settles.

World Famous W posted:

Going back and rereading through a chapter makes them seem better paced. Tarquin isn't nearly as bad as I remember when they were getting posted live. Still though, I wish this would hurry the gently caress up.

all of blood runs in the family is amazing, imo. the only place that book dragged was at the start of the pyramid exploration, and that was salvaged by the happy ending curse and subsequent gate destruction insanity

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hmm. The prophecy said Durkon would bring death and destruction to his homeland... But we just spent a large amount of strips establishing that this is NOT Durkon.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

greatn posted:

Hmm. The prophecy said Durkon would bring death and destruction to his homeland... But we just spent a large amount of strips establishing that this is NOT Durkon.

But Durkon did bring back Durkula.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

greatn posted:

It's Durkon's corpse. Seems like enough wiggle room for prophecy shenanigans.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

And Durkon is returning. As a soul trapped in his own undead body but it counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Prophecy pedantry is so loving tedious. It's a prophecy, not a binding contract.