Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

That has to be one of the few Robin lines that just made me smile. She's dead on correct.

And we're back to normal. Goddamnit, Robin.

What happened? I thought his arm was just paralyzed. Did it start rotting off or something?

He says it's causing him a lot of pain and he wants to be done with it. Howard wants to have it bronzed and Jason said he'd be willing to take a bite of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I'm still a ways behind, but how awesome was the Bobo bit from June first? Holy poo poo, the guy does NOT listen to the show. At all. He calls in, gets his jollies, hangs up and goes about his day.

An unbelievable phony, even by Stern Show standards.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
a lot of the bobo stuff feels like a bit.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

burmart posted:

Howard's discussion on sheep dogs and sheep and guns is cringeworthy.

It's the BAAAAing.

ya that was kinda weird and painful to listen to...sounded to me like someone else's words coming out of his mouth without hesitation like he heard or read the same thing elsewhere and just couldnt help himself

still not as bad as listening to bobo tho

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

feel my ubiquity

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

It was great to hear Stump the Booey again but it would have been a lot better if Howard wasn't complaining and rushing through it the whole time. Why agree to do a bit only to be a dick about it and try to ruin it?

Mariana Horchata posted:

ya that was kinda weird and painful to listen to...sounded to me like someone else's words coming out of his mouth without hesitation like he heard or read the same thing elsewhere and just couldnt help himself

It's from a book he read on Navy SEALs. They use the exact same rhetoric in American Sniper. Howard is trying way too hard to sound like a badass. You know you've lost your grip on reality when you're unironically quoting Clint Eastwood movies. Howard is getting more and more rightwing and it's impossible to listen to anymore.

I wonder what he would say about articles like this that show gun control in Germany dropped their homicide rate by 50% in eight years and total gun crime by 25% in five years.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

parthenocarpy posted:

feel my ubiquity

Your ubiquity has paramount value.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
One part of the show my mind has never caught up to is just the aging. Howard to an extent is obvious and Robin actually manages to stay looking young for her age(I'd likely attribute this to no husband and no kids) but other people are significantly older than I thought and I think my brain just kinda has them frozen at a particular age. JD is 38, Ralph is 51, Benjy is 49, etc.

Just odd to me since so many people have been around forever so you remember them fresh-faced and young in their 20s and now 10, 20, 30 years later they're still at it.

e: :lol: Wolfie studying JD

https://www.howardstern.com/show/25046-wolfies-20-groundbreaking-observations-about-jd-harmeyer/

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jun 16, 2016

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

Former Human posted:

It's from a book he read on Navy SEALs. They use the exact same rhetoric in American Sniper. Howard is trying way too hard to sound like a badass. You know you've lost your grip on reality when you're unironically quoting Clint Eastwood movies. Howard is getting more and more rightwing and it's impossible to listen to anymore.

Yes, Howard *IS* getting more conservative with age, but he has ALWAYS owned handguns: he is genuinely afraid that The Bad Guys will come for him in his Trump Tower Penthouse apartment.

Jesus Christ, it's trending on Facebook:

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
Whenever Howard needs to reload his gun he has to call his buddy who is a Senior VP of Beretta Firearms

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Snark posted:

Whenever Howard needs to reload his gun he has to call his buddy who is a Senior VP of Beretta Firearms

Does that guy know his weatherman?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jun 16, 2016

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Crotch Bat posted:

One part of the show my mind has never caught up to is just the aging. Howard to an extent is obvious and Robin actually manages to stay looking young for her age(I'd likely attribute this to no husband and no kids) but other people are significantly older than I thought and I think my brain just kinda has them frozen at a particular age. JD is 38, Ralph is 51, Benjy is 49, etc.

Just odd to me since so many people have been around forever so you remember them fresh-faced and young in their 20s and now 10, 20, 30 years later they're still at it.

e: :lol: Wolfie studying JD

https://www.howardstern.com/show/25046-wolfies-20-groundbreaking-observations-about-jd-harmeyer/

drat at some of those ages, maybe Ronnie being 110 isnt that much of an exaggeration after all?

The anthropological study of JD actually turned out to be the most hilarious bit of the show and made me laugh out loud when Wolfie asked JD "what he had his eye on for the entree" just the choice of words and delivery were so perfectly irritating (which of course was later confirmed by JD) ...and thats all i ask of each show to entertain me and make me laugh at least once).

Former Human posted:

I wonder what he would say about articles like this that show gun control in Germany dropped their homicide rate by 50% in eight years and total gun crime by 25% in five years.

Yeah i figured it had to be from one of those books he keeps bringing up...I don't think he's getting that much more right wing, he's certainly always had libertarian tendencies and lots of populist opinions - id say hes just becoming more and more out of touch since he lives in a bubble.

Actually every time a combat veteran has called in recently it has become really awkward when he inevitably starts asking them about killing people.

Regarding the article im sure he'd go right to the usual Nazi defense and remind us all again how his ancestors were killed in the holocaust and then say something about Israel blah blah blah

Oh well at least we don't have to hear talk about AGT anymore all summer long...ill take Howard making as rear end out of himself on the air anytime over that.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 16, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mariana Horchata posted:

Actually every time a combat veteran has called in recently it has become really awkward when he inevitably starts asking them about killing people.

It was a lot more fun when it was about his time in Vietnam, where he buried people with their butts poking out of the ground so that he could stick business cards between the cheeks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

This all reminds me of when Richard and Sal called in to G Gordon Liddy's show with Howard's impression of Dick Clark, pretending to be a veteran. :golfclap:

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Has anyone else had trouble getting the 30 day free trial to work? This one: https://www.siriusxm.com/SXM30DayOnlineTrial. I'm going to be so bummed if that's over, because I refuse to pay extra, beyond my two physical radio subs, for Internet access.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Smeep posted:

Has anyone else had trouble getting the 30 day free trial to work? This one: https://www.siriusxm.com/SXM30DayOnlineTrial. I'm going to be so bummed if that's over, because I refuse to pay extra, beyond my two physical radio subs, for Internet access.

I haven't had the US version work in a very long time. However, the Canadian 14 day free trial still works.

https://player.siriusxm.ca/

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

Robin actually manages to stay looking young for her age(I'd likely attribute this to no husband and no kids)

black dont crack

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Smeep posted:

I was using a trial for the last month (since they really make it such a pain in the rear end to cancel a subscription) which stopped and logged out automatically last night so figuring the trial was up I went ahead and started a new 30 day trial this morning and didn't have any issues doing so and its working fine.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Mariana Horchata posted:

I was using a trial for the last month (since they really make it such a pain in the rear end to cancel a subscription) which stopped and logged out automatically last night so figuring the trial was up I went ahead and started a new 30 day trial this morning and didn't have any issues doing so and its working fine.

Ok, weird. I do it every month with that link (not one that you need to put in a credit card for), and for some reason yesterday and today it's sending me the log in credentials but they aren't being accepted.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I was thinking of signing up for another online subscription, as I miss having Stern as my morning alarm. For many years, I woke up at 6:01 to the sound of Fred doing his thing (on my clock radio, and later my Sonos).

But then I remembered that the show doesn't start until 7:00 AM now, so I wouldn't be getting live Stern. A big waste, might as well keep stealing the show and being at least a day behind.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

... and later my Sonos.

The product's correct name is "Sonos, boff".

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This all reminds me of when Richard and Sal called in to G Gordon Liddy's show with Howard's impression of Dick Clark, pretending to be a veteran. :golfclap:

Gush Katif!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Sand Monster posted:

The product's correct name is "Sonos, bawf".

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Orange juice, boff.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yes, Howard *IS* getting more conservative with age, but he has ALWAYS owned handguns: he is genuinely afraid that The Bad Guys will come for him in his Trump Tower Penthouse apartment.

Not always. He got a gun permit after he received death threats from Michael Carvin in 1998. I really don't know how I would handle an admittedly disturbing situation like that, but Howard has only gotten more and more scared in those 18 years.

Mariana Horchata posted:

Regarding the article im sure he'd go right to the usual Nazi defense and remind us all again how his ancestors were killed in the holocaust and then say something about Israel blah blah blah

He hit all the Fox News talking points on Wednesday's show. "If you have gun control then only criminals will have guns... let's never discuss new laws after a massacre because people can't be rational... if you don't own a gun then you're a politically correct pussy... Anne Frank's father should have had guns to fight the Nazis :rolleyes: " ad nauseam. It doesn't help when the ultimate know-nothing, Robin, chimes in with even dumber commentary. Howard gets his information from Fox but Robin pulls it directly out of her rear end!

The most annoying thing is that Howard would rather go on these political rants than do something funny or interesting for the show. He interrupted the discussion about Brent's commercial to go off about the second amendment. Even Ralph had to call in and disagree. How often is Ralph the voice of reason?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Former Human posted:

Anne Frank's father should have had guns to fight the Nazis :rolleyes: " ad nauseam.

And now the NRA is cheering him on.

http://uproxx.com/news/howard-stern-holocaust-gun-control/2/

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Ben Carson said the same poo poo. It's pretty sad how ignorant the entire staff is on pretty much everything outside the show, though not that surprising.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Yeah, it was really weird to see right-wing websites like The Daily Caller cheer him on. Yep, there goes Howard Stern, king of traditional conservatism. :rolleyes:

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Mariana Horchata posted:

Oh well at least we don't have to hear talk about AGT anymore all summer long...ill take Howard making as rear end out of himself on the air anytime over that.

I think just cutting out any AGT bullshit has made the show infinitely better. I thought he'd be all over it as usual, but I guess he must be bitter that Simon Cowell pushed him out.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I think just cutting out any AGT bullshit has made the show infinitely better. I thought he'd be all over it as usual, but I guess he must be bitter that Simon Cowell pushed him out.

What do you mean Simon Cowell pushed him out? Howard just didn't want to go back for another season! :rolleyes:

I'm also not sure what his current stance is on whether he did the whole thing "as a goof" or not.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

What do you mean Simon Cowell pushed him out? Howard just didn't want to go back for another season! :rolleyes:

I'm also not sure what his current stance is on whether he did the whole thing "as a goof" or not.

I actually think he is being fairly honest here... he has ALWAYS wanted to be on a TV show, before reality TV, he used to say that he wanted to host a game show. However, part of his fantasy was that it was an easy job; on a traditional game show, all the host does is show up and host, the producers do all the real work. Think Alex Trebek.

However, show up, do your job and leave doesn't fly in the modern social media age. The producers of AGT wanted him to dedicate a lot of hours outside of taping the show to promotion and mindless BS, which was certainly never part of Howard's vision.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Just to follow up on my issue, I got it to work by having it email me a password reset link. Then it seemed like it accepted my account as active.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Sand Monster posted:

I still get headaches from when my eyes almost rolled out of my skull when he tried to spin AGT as if he was pranking the producers the whole time when he was flying constantly and working eighteen hour days and bitching nonstop. Boy, you sure showed The Man there, Howard. True hero of the masses. Now back to the Hamptons for a dinner party worth forty million GRAAAAND.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Advice posted:

Boy, you sure showed The Man there, Howard. True hero of the masses. Now back to the Hamptons for a dinner party worth forty million GRAAAAND.

While Howard Stern made forty million GRAAANNDD on AGT, JD Harmeyer lives in an abandoned mole hill in Queens.

Les Miserables

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

Smeep posted:

I had an issue with it two days ago, it kept saying the username/password wasn't correct, even though I copy/pasted it directly from their email. I clicked "forgot password" or whatever and it let me set a new one. It worked after that.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Squashy Nipples posted:

I actually think he is being fairly honest here... he has ALWAYS wanted to be on a TV show, before reality TV, he used to say that he wanted to host a game show. However, part of his fantasy was that it was an easy job; on a traditional game show, all the host does is show up and host, the producers do all the real work. Think Alex Trebek.

However, show up, do your job and leave doesn't fly in the modern social media age. The producers of AGT wanted him to dedicate a lot of hours outside of taping the show to promotion and mindless BS, which was certainly never part of Howard's vision.

yeah actually that sounds about right and i dont blame him, but if he didnt live in a bubble than he prob would have known about all the inevitable peripheral poo poo involved - esp for a poo poo show like that...no wonder why nick cannon is all hosed in the head because that poo poo is a full time job for him and he hates himself for it because its either that or Radio Shack. im sure howard also saw AGT as convenient a PR move but I don't think that helped either his image or popularity/relevance but of course he never would have imagined that being the outcome.

I wonder if Howard Stern: The High School Years will come out as part of Howard 360?

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Mariana Horchata posted:

im sure howard also saw AGT as convenient a PR move but I don't think that helped either his image or popularity/relevance but of course he never would have imagined that being the outcome.
You don't? I think it totally helped shape his more mainstream image. Granted, I don't think he's done anything since then (I figured he would use that as a platform to launch into something else more family-friendly), but his being on AGT totally mainstreamed him.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, so I'm here at work, my new position, still reading the training docs, stuff like that. I have a new computer, so I had to set up Lync/Skype for Business again, and just like last time, where you get to put in your location and you can write whatever you want, I put 'Can I tell you my favourite Matt Dillon story, real briefly?". The dude who sits next to me saw this, and started googling it. I only knew this because I walked by his desk, and he had a clip from the show playing on Youtube. I asked if he was a fellow fan, and he said no, not really, he just ended up there because of my quote on Lync.

I then proceeded to show him both the MIke Walker fart clip, and then the Hugs for Harlem (#2) clip with No Gravity. Last I checked, he was reading the show's wiki, learning about everything. I told him I know of about a million clips online that he might like.

Especially EtM :getin:

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Personally, when I start a new job I like to make sure all my coworkers learn about ETM's shrinky dink on day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I like to scream out " DROPPING LOADS ON ERIC THE MIDGET'S POWER CHAIR; UGLY MIDGET, WET POWER CHAIR" when filling out COBRA paperwork with all the other new hires