Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Gologle posted:

Final Fantasy XVI: Ivalice Reloaded: Return of the Balthier: Live Sky or Die Pirate.

I'm not sure if I can throw money at this fast enough :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Gologle posted:

Final Fantasy XVI: Ivalice Reloaded: Return of the Balthier: Live Sky or Die Pirate.
I like the way you think!

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Can we get a spinoff of that, where it's a Balthier-centric dating sim? And maybe a Balthier idol game?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Only if they're on the Vita. :mrgw:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Obviously

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Crimson Harvest posted:

Can we get a spinoff of that, where it's a Balthier-centric dating sim? And maybe a Balthier idol game?

I want a Phoenix Wright style game where Balthier flies around making snappy comments and witticisms while defending innocent sky pirates from tyrannical Ivalice judges. Fran would be his sidekick who is sensitive to the spirit realm mist.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
FF XII-2 with Balthier, Basch and Vaan going from concert to concert singing to unite the broken empires and kingdoms sounds cool.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

I dont think Vaan was a bad character, really, but he was a bad main character in a game where you have three people in your party who would make for a better lead. Maybe four if you count Larsa.

He probably would have worked better as the comic relief guy.

It's like if they had made Yuffie the lead in FFVII.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
No, it's like if Vincent received his own game where it turned out he was an artifical Weapon up against the government Black Ops section who want to bring about the end of the world for no raisins.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ozza posted:

Uh this would've been the best, actually.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Gologle posted:

No, it's like if Vincent received his own game where it turned out he was an artifical Weapon up against the government Black Ops section who want to bring about the end of the world for no raisins.

Haha that would never happen.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

ozza posted:

Cid and Yuffie buddy cop movie game

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ozza posted:

Stop speaking of wonderful things that will never happen.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Gologle posted:

I like this typo

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

Stop speaking of wonderful things that will never happen.

Just make the entire game about amassing materia (more than it was), and the game ends with Meteor hitting the ground as Yuffie watches from her island.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Every time the group is about to make a major plot revelation Yuffie spies some materia in the distance and sprints after it. You make it to the end of the game without even knowing what the weird white haired guy's name was.

Somebody make this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Two legendary Materia. One rookie thief.

There ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on.

The Meteor Job

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Gologle posted:

Fry writing the plot to Dirge of Cerberus would make a lot of sense, actually.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm pretty sure Yuffie starring in her own game would mean that Cait Sith has to be her requisite animal sidekick.

Are you prepared for a Scottish cat all game? You might even have to control him in a stealth section.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm pretty sure Yuffie starring in her own game would mean that Cait Sith has to be her requisite animal sidekick.

Are you prepared for a Scottish cat all game? You might even have to control him in a stealth section.

Only if you actually play as the man wrestling with incredibly awkward remote controls.

Nobody suspects a thing. :zoid:

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
Why wasn't there more Yuffie goodness is kingdom hearts??

I would play the hell out of a David boreanez voiced squall adventuring with yuffie side game.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Two legendary Materia. One rookie thief.

There ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on.

The Meteor Job

"There's no stopping the Materia Train"

Starring Jennifer Lopez as Yuffie, Wesley Snipes as Barrett, and Woody Harrelson as Cid.

Oh jesus this is what a rewatch of the money train gets you

dreffen fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 8, 2014

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Still say their should have been Yuffie levels in DoC.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

dreffen posted:

"There's no stopping the Materia Train"

Starring Jennifer Lopez as Yuffie, Wesley Snipes as Barrett, and Woody Harrelson as Cid.

Oh jesus this is what a rewatch of the money train gets you

That woman who played the led female in pavific rim or sunny from girls generation as yuffie.

Bruce Willis (with hair piece) as Cid

And maybe Dwayne Johnson as Barrett? I'm running dry of musclely people who could be him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Facepalm Ranger posted:

And maybe Dwayne Johnson as Barrett? I'm running dry of musclely people who could be him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCl5uyn5K7k

Dwayne ain't black enough.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Both wrong.

Mister T is the obvious choice.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Both wrong.

Mister T is the obvious choice.

And failing that, Quinton Jackson.

Absoloote
Jul 3, 2014
Square Enix need to seriously try making a game without the token Yuffie character. They seem to think she (it's always a she) is necessary.

I wish they'd just play through the Mass Effect trilogy a few times and get some better ideas about how to inject that comic relief.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Absoloote posted:

Square Enix need to seriously try making a game without the token Yuffie character. They seem to think she (it's always a she) is necessary.

I wish they'd just play through the Mass Effect trilogy a few times and get some better ideas about how to inject that comic relief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzWkdMqERCM

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Absoloote posted:

I don't know you, and I don't like you, and I want to hit you with a heavy stick.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Guess I should probably try to replay X-2 again.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Absoloote posted:

The ditzy sorta-side-kick girl is an anime trope that Japanese audiences seem to expect. I would bet good money that there have been multiple meetings at SE about the lack of the character in FFXII causing sales problems in Japan. I'm not saying they shoudn't explore other options but it's always a safe bet, I guess.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Absoloote posted:

Oh yes, Mass Effect. That comic masterwork. Oh the laughs we had, the long-winded, talky, talky laughs.

Ho ho ho! I punched a reporter. Ha. That'll never get old.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yuffie's not the hero they want, but she's the hero they need right now.

This all comes back around to giving Yuffie top billing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Final Fantasy VII: Revengeance

Yuffie's sidekick is cyborg vampire Vincent.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Absoloote posted:

This post belongs in a museum.

Also, what exactly is the 'token Yuffie character?' Because I'm pretty sure the only cahracter anything like her was Rikku, unless you think a girl being upbeat was invented by Yuffie.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Facepalm Ranger posted:

That woman who played the led female in pavific rim or sunny from girls generation as yuffie.

Bruce Willis (with hair piece) as Cid

It's a real shame Micheal Clarke Duncan is dead.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Oh yes, Mass Effect. That comic masterwork. Oh the laughs we had, the long-winded, talky, talky laughs.

You can add humor to a game without spamming the player with off-the-wall silly antics. FF is one of few Japanese series that actually takes the more subtle route from time to time.

Absoloote
Jul 3, 2014

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I have to respectfully disagree, I thought Mass Effect did humour brilliantly. It was very deadpan and very subtle
but I thought it was a lot funnier than anything in a Final Fantasy game. Just little quips like in Shadow Broker where Sheppard and
Liara are making fun of how Omni-gel used to be used for everything (in ME1), I appreciate that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

bloodychill posted:

You can add humor to a game without spamming the player with off-the-wall silly antics. FF is one of few Japanese series that actually takes the more subtle route from time to time.

The Wonderful 101 is the funniest game.