Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Agrajag posted:

no it isn't

i guess not then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Agrajag posted:

no it isn't

I'll letchya'll know either way!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm too old for the barricades

Go young enjorlas fight my fights

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735291

quote:

Insofar as Trump talks about trade hollowing out American jobs and the high value of the dollar being a huge problem for American manufacturing he's actually making more sense than most of the other candidates. He'd be a much more hilarious President but it's hard to imagine he could be worse than George Dubya.

quote:

January 21, 2017: Donald Trump is sitting in the Oval Office, sweating profusely and nursing a bottle of whiskey. My God, how did it come to this?! It was only supposed to go on for a month or two, you know, get the brand back in the public eye and get some rubes to invest money, then run away laughing. But now...gently caress. gently caress gently caress gently caress.

quote:

Trump, having swerved to the center after grabbing the nomination, promotes a number of effective Keynesian economic policies - like infrastructure spending, tax increases on the rich, increased R&D investment, and so on, which are passed with bipartisan support. GDP grows at the fastest rate in 20 years.

The average Republican praises common sense, successful Republican economic policies that you dumb liberals were too stupid to try to implement.

Everyone currently denying global warming and complaining about "people on welfare" that buys into "job creator" rhetoric, immediately assert that these completely rational Keynesian policies have always been what they supported and that it was the "liberal" policies that lead to the 2008 crash, but thankfully The Donald fixed the economy with his conservative principles of effective government spending and smart taxation.

No counterargument will persuade them otherwise.

All Republicans turn into smug, disingenuous Boosted clones.

quote:

day 12: the United States of America is officially acquired by the Trump Organization for $1

quote:

Day 33: Nationally televised coordinated raid by Trumptm Extra Special Forces on Bernie Sanders' offices in Burlington and St. Johnsbury, VT find nothing but mysteriously abandoned rooms.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
I finally got the courage to check on white nationalist / alt right forums. Good news: they're as surprised and unprepared as we were. Bad news: momentum is on their side, and they have the ear of Trump. Silver lining: it's better their victory happened now rather than after 4 more years of neoliberal deprivation of poor white communities.

As awful as a hyper-conservative state is, there's a real chance that it could get far worse if fascists are given any room to grow. On the streets and in the memes, bash the fash

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the roast beef is right

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

this was the last bit of him after their 53 hour stream
he got drunk, totally did coke off stage at one point
honestly, his last word "I've won" is kinda chilling. hes won.

Alex Jones Won.

lmfaooooooo

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chicago got mildly upset and Trump refused to enter the city. going to be seeing a lot more of that probably

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the smug boosted clones have already happened

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

euphronius posted:

Hmm a sitting president holding fascist rallies nowhere near an election

Sounds great

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOMj7WttkOA

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

They are probably just going to have police / secret service setting up barricades or those protest cages so far away from Trump that nobody can even hear them.

There's a court case going on right now because the National Park Service wants to set aside Freedom Plaza and most of Pennsylvania Ave. as a ticketed seating area, which means protesters would basically never even get close except maybe when his motorcade is driving by.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

euphronius posted:

You'd hope the military coups him at that point but they are crazy too

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Glenn Beck on MSNBC: Steve Bannon is a white nationalist. He is a terrifying, terrifying man.

I'm glad Glenn defeated the balrog somehow because Beckgalf the White is an alright chap

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i love how willing he is to put himself in danger

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

crazy cloud posted:

Glenn Beck on MSNBC: Steve Bannon is a white nationalist. He is a terrifying, terrifying man.

I'm glad Glenn defeated the balrog somehow because Beckgalf the White is an alright chap

Glenn's a bizarre ally to have.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Flashback:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-jOujNLGBw

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

soon all our dicks will be properly herbally enhanced

everyone's gotta eat, even alex jones. :shrug:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Chris matthews is playing a video of alex jones describing a phone call he had with president-elect trump being thanked for his help lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

everyone's gotta eat, even alex jones. :shrug:

everyones gotta eat dick

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Nichael posted:

We can't underestimate these people or pretend that they aren't capable. They absolutely are. Just because they're awful doesn't mean they aren't talented.

Their being capable and talented in no way means that they are intelligent. Floyd Mayweather is both but nobody is going to take him serious in regards to a leadership role in government. (Though he may be our next Secretary of Education at this rate.)

And it is exactly because we cannot underestimate what these people are capable of that things matter a lot. I love ironic nihilism as much as the next Ed Balls but it isn't an actual ethos.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732684

SJY what have you done

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nichael posted:

We picked up a lot of weird allies this cycle. Who knows of they stick around

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

yeah lol remember when these were all hilarious jokes

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Don't worry, kids, the secret government will save the country.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/11/can_the_secret_government_save_us_from_donald_trump.html

Sorry for a Slate link. You don't have to click it.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 15, 2016

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

everyones gotta eat dick

I love my country

my dead, gay country :patriot:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

tadashi posted:

[url]http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/11/can_the_secret_government_save_us_from_donald_trump.html
[/url]

what america needs is a kemalist coup by the deep state

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
joke is on you guys, i just bought ten years worth of Alex Jones SUSPENDED COLLOID SILVER IODINE (purestrain) and now i am protected from nuclear apocalypse

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

yeah lol remember when these were all hilarious jokes

Be 100% honest with me if you told past self this would all come true what would you do

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"
Yeah I'm not entirely trusting of Glenn Beck

But maybe that's because while his show was running he made my family so insufferable to be around that I honestly thought of not even showing up at Christmas and Thanksgiving. He also perpetuated the whole Soros thing, so I'm more than a little wary of his sudden heel turn.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Nichael posted:

Glenn says Bannon is racist, the LAPD says it won't cooperate with deportations, AIPAC and CAIR are going to be having sleepovers. It's actually kind of cool?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

The racist cop in Traverse City who decided to harass protesters by driving around in his Ram pickup with a confederate flag and knock back bud light in public resigned about two hours ago. Photos of him spread all over the world.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 15, 2016

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

skylined! posted:

lol at me just lol

7 days ago I was amped full of anticipation for our country to give a resounding no so trump's message.

Now I am trying to calculate the exact best time to empty my 401k before the inevitable market crash but lol hyper inflation will follow shortly thereafter so whatever.

headspace
Apr 25, 2014
Nothing matters..... Because we are all spectators.

quote:

"Do you know who I am?…Spectators stand on the sidelines, shaking their heads, lacking the balls. Do you know what I mean?…When Truman nuked Japan, when Lincoln sent boys out to kill their cousins, do you think they gave a poo poo about their approval rating?…gently caress the spectators. If there's another city in this country that takes better care of their citizens, you tell me now which one you think it is. Anyone? Good. If, in the course of doing what I think is best for this city, there is collateral damage, who here wants to explain to me the position of those on the sidelines shaking their heads?"

In Chicago the day after the election there was maybe 300 people protesting downtown..... There were 75,000 people watching it on Facebook. We have become a nation of spectators, and we have received our rightful comeuppance.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Glenn is broken and he hasn't done a full u-turn on his stupidity but he's probably just less stupid now. He put all his dead gay hopes on Ted Cruz and had a hard-on for him for years now. He was so proud that this Proud Conservative Icon refused to bend the knee to Trump until he did.

Believe me, he's still retarded but he's consistently retarded. He will never bend the knee.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

They are probably just going to have police / secret service setting up barricades or those protest cages so far away from Trump that nobody can even hear them.

There's a court case going on right now because the National Park Service wants to set aside Freedom Plaza and most of Pennsylvania Ave. as a ticketed seating area, which means protesters would basically never even get close except maybe when his motorcade is driving by.

Yeah, summit protests have been ineffective at actually disrupting the event for the last 15 years due to security measures. This is why anarchists and fellow troublemakers go for plan B: march away from the main event and cause mayhem elsewhere. Regardless, it'll be a huge headache for the police and put a damper on the inauguration.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Glenn says Bannon is racist, the LAPD says it won't cooperate with deportations, AIPAC and CAIR are going to be having sleepovers. It's actually kind of cool?

AIPAC and CAIR becoming best friends has flown under the radar when any other timeline this would be historical. That along with bernie taking control of the dems while being supported by chuck schumer.....

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/798301186852028416

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"
Don't get me wrong, my family's always been insufferable and I'm always glad of another ally in the fight but

If someone gets tear gassed on live TV during a protest I kind of hope it's Beck. Get them tears a-flowin' again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

tadashi posted:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/11/can_the_secret_government_save_us_from_donald_trump.html

how exactly did they hold back obama? did they stop him from spreading around teh wealth?!

• Locked thread