Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

DapperDon posted:

I am waiting for the day that I wake up, have my coffee and click to see that r/DS is no longer there. No warning, no arguments, just gone.

Star Citizen: Wish in one hand, crap in the other. Wishes get crapped on first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEQTj8dTOC0

:iiam:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Star Citizen: Wish in one hand, crap in the other. Wishes get crapped on first.

:negative:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

A challenger appears

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

A challenger appears

I like it, let's see how far he can stretch that out until the attorney turns out to be his out of work Uncle who has never heard of SC

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

A challenger appears

To be fair in this instance the users of a website that harbors an unusual amount of pedophiles are right that it won't happen. People in the original SA thread about this scam were directly challenging Derrick to sue them and all he did was use that to get a subforum on a dead internet comedy website.

Granted I'd love to see him follow through but I think it's got the same likelihood of happening as Star Citizen has a likelihood of existing and being good.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
I've seen that GIF of Croberts flapping his hands around and wibbling them about for bloody ages, but have never had any context as to what the hell he was actually supposed to be explaining.

Haylp?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DapperDon posted:

I too want this. Very badly. I want to see that poo poo eating grin permanently removed from Chris Roberts mouth for all time. He did not deserve this lottery windfall. I think what disgusts me is that he is a talent-less hack and was rewarded for it while there are so many others out there that are far more deserving of the once in a lifetime gift he was given. $140+ Million Dollars is a lot of loving money. And his arrogance and stupidity pissed it all away. It makes you look back at his original goals back when he only needed $5 Mil and wonder how fast he would have been broke or what kind of product he would have delivered.

Let our common goal happen! I've been in this thread longer than most people actually play Star Citizen. I think, as players of a different sort, we too deserve the "game" to be released.

Don't let us down, CIG! :hfive:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sean Tracy: "pvp slider? what is the pvp slider?"

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Dog is daft but so :3:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

not funny but whatever. I'm not going to get citcon2018 :mad:

I would no joke buy a book about game development by Chris Roberts.

It would be filled to the brim with such wisdom.

"...and after the 3D model is made, you apply a layer of code to each item you want code for. And that code should be good code, with objects and probably also connected to the cloud so it can scale infinitely with your needs."

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

WARNING! Long video about actual game design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHg99hwQGY

It's interesting to see what a successful game maker has to say, and virtually all of it being completely the opposite of what crobbleco is doing.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

A challenger appears

The only reason his attorney friend is a fan of of SC is because he is salivating over the monetary potential from this crowdfunded clusterfuck of the ages.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is exactly how I hoola hoop too. Don't give up, dog. :3:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

This is exactly how I hoola hoop too. Don't give up, dog. :3:

I don't hula hoop. Despite my Goonhood, I have a limited tolerance for public mockery.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Xaerael posted:

It's interesting to see what a successful game maker has to say, and virtually all of it being completely the opposite of what crobbleco is doing.

This is pretty cool. It's neat to see a dev take complaints seriously and learn what their audience does and doesn't like.

I don't think I've ever seen Roberts say "Well we tried something and people didn't like it all so we're scrapping it and trying something new. " It's all about him.

I'm reminded of Wildstar. When the game came out and the raids were initially way too hard. People complained but for the longest time the devs refused to budge, even though they literally couldn't complete the content. They dragged their feet as players struggled and eventually gave in and made it easy enough for one guild to complete. Then the main dev mocked them for their accomplishment and insinuated they only won because the devs made it easy enough. The population plummeted and the game went F2P (after a ton of promises pre-release that it would never suffer this indignity). It's a pretty big bomb now.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 10, 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WebDO posted:

To be fair in this instance the users of a website that harbors an unusual amount of pedophiles are right that it won't happen. People in the original SA thread about this scam were directly challenging Derrick to sue them and all he did was use that to get a subforum on a dead internet comedy website.
Yeah, I bet Derek wishes he'd sued. Right now, he could be enjoying his winnings of hentai, Cheetos and Mountain Dew.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah, I bet Derek wishes he'd sued. Right now, he could be enjoying his winnings of hentai, Cheetos and Mountain Dew.

MODS!!!!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

MeLKoR posted:

A challenger appears

Imagine typing that thinking that Derek will read it and be scared lol.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

A challenger appears

Someone write a browser plugin to replace "a fan of SC" with "an idiot"

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

A challenger appears

Like the Joker said: If your good at something, never do it for free.

Trillhouse posted:

This is pretty cool. It's neat to see a dev take complaints seriously and learn what their audience does and doesn't like.

I don't think I've ever seen Roberts say "Well we tried something and people didn't like it all so we're scrapping it and trying something new. " It's all about him.

I'm reminded of Wildstar. When the game came out and the raids were initially way too hard. People complained but for the longest time the devs refused to budge, even though they literally couldn't complete the content. They dragged their feet as players struggled and eventually gave in and made it easy enough for one guild to complete. Then the main dev mocked them for their accomplishment and insinuated they only won because the devs made it easy enough. The population plummeted and the game went F2P (after a ton of promises pre-release that it would never suffer this indignity). It's a pretty big bomb now.

As of Q4 2016 Ncsoft no longer show it as a major game in its quarterly financial, bundling it in the "other earnings" category, along with smartphone apps and other freemium titles. Q3 2016 where the worst earning ever since the game released, 15x lower than NCsoft second lowest earning major game (Guildwars 2 with 15M$), making barely 1M$ in revenue.

Give it a try while it last, its probably headed the City of Heroes direction unless earning picks up this quarterly or the next.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 10, 2017

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

I think it is still going. No surprise, Alexis is in charge of that and well she is the competent one in those parts.

Wait, when did this start? Physical rewards like the spaceship shaped thumb drive and collectors boxes and poo poo?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Anyone here have ED?

I do, I never can loving finish. :cry:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

GazChap posted:

I've seen that GIF of Croberts flapping his hands around and wibbling them about for bloody ages, but have never had any context as to what the hell he was actually supposed to be explaining.

Haylp?

TIB Dread Pirate Roberts is explaining how the tickling mechanic is going to work

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

his nibs posted:

Dog is daft but so :3:

Hey, that is a goode and wyse dogge clearly demonstrating the implementation of physics in SC )

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

scrubs season six posted:

Wait, when did this start? Physical rewards like the spaceship shaped thumb drive and collectors boxes and poo poo?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/merchandise

Pick up a set of playing cards.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Thoatse posted:

TIB Dread Pirate Roberts is explaining how the tickling mechanic is going to work

You take that back! Not only should you not soil The Princess Bride by making it anything even related to the Crobber, but DPR actually got poo poo DONE.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I miss 10 for the Chairmen. I miss all the ridiculous questions people would ask and then Roberts would add on whatever crazy poo poo he could think up at the moment. The gifs it created were hilarious too.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Sunswipe posted:

I'm just saying Derek Smart : following through :: Chris Roberts : producing a game

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Thoatse posted:

:golfclap:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Trillhouse posted:

I miss 10 for the Chairmen. I miss all the ridiculous questions people would ask and then Roberts would add on whatever crazy poo poo he could think up at the moment. The gifs it created were hilarious too.

It really was the best of times and worst of times. It seems CIG is sputtering along. They've finally learned not to show much with their open development model that would bring on brigades of ridicule. The people who funded them (the filthy producers) can't handle the general malaise that is going on within the dumpster fire.

I'm sure soon enough pressure will cause something to blow shortly.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Trillhouse posted:

I would love to see all of the art, gif's, shop's, song's, all of the thing's that have been created through the years that make fun of Crobberts & Co in one place with a searchable index and quote generator.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Trillhouse posted:

Yeah. It sucks 10FTC v2.0 got refactored into Chris stealing Ben's job.

Didn't they promise a new one like 2 weeks ago, asked subscribers to submit questions, then quietly cancelled it a few days later?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Samizdata posted:

You take that back! Not only should you not soil The Princess Bride by making it anything even related to the Crobber, but DPR actually got poo poo DONE.

Not me man.. CR literally uses Dread Pirate Roberts as one of his alts.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/38098/dread-pirate-chris-roberts

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/127399/dread-pirate-roberts-name-has-unfortunate-implications

..and as to the Tickler In Black, you're going to have to ask Mae but because this connection is funnier to imagine than Ortwin.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

WebDO posted:

I'm just saying Derek Smart : following through :: Chris Roberts : producing a game

Nah.

As fun as having uncle Dereck go space court on them would be entertaining and funny its pretty evident that there is nothing (yet) than we know of that could be used to make a case viable. Being a bad game dev, squandering millions and making bordeline impossible promises is neither a criminal or civil offense.

The best thing i could think for a solid legal actions would be proof that the funding tracker is bullshit. We all suspect there is shenanigans going on with it, but unless there is a leak from Turbulent detailling exactly "how" it is misrepresenting the real funding we cant do much about it.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 10, 2017

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

If Chris is a self made millionaire already why does he not fix his jacked up teef?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

If Chris is a self made millionaire already why does he not fix his jacked up teef?

First you fix the bald head. THEN you fix da teefusses.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

My favorite is the $90 model of a ship that no longer looks anything like that due to constant refactoring.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 10, 2017

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

My favorite is the $90 model of a ship that no longer looks anything like that due to constant refactoring.

Pffft. Those will be worth thousands as "Original First Cast" in 20 years when they celebrate the cultural masterpiece that is Squadron 42 : Prelude to the first act of the begining : part I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

aleksendr posted:

Nah.

As fun as having uncle Dereck go space court on them would be entertaining and funny its pretty evident that there is nothing (yet) than we know of that could be used to make a case viable. Being a bad game dev, squandering millions and making bordeline impossible promises is neither a criminal or civil offense.

The best thing i could think for a solid legal actions would be proof that the funding tracker is bullshit. We all suspect there is shenanigans going on with it, but unless there is a leak from Turbulent detailling exactly "how" it is misrepresenting the real funding we cant do much about it.

I meant even following through on his threats to do anything about the libel claims or whatever, I know he'll never do anything against CIG