Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Nephthys posted:

And there were a bunch of assassination attempts on Jane. And she sent drones after Dirk and Roxy. And bombed Jakes house.

But then again Gcat saved Jane from Roxy's dumbass explosion, and its under HIC's control so who even knows. I don't think we can really tell whats her deal???????? yet.

She wanted the kids to get into the game. Why, we don't know but I'm 90% certain this was explicitly stated.

The idea she wants her own universe makes sense. She probably needs Roxy around simply to do the voidy thing. I doubt Roxy will suffer the same fate as the Wiionic as she doesn't have to be hard wired into a spaceship but she might get an involuntary God Tier-ing so her Voidy powers once again black out her surroundings from LE.

Whatever the case I don't think Fish Hitler is acting within LE's instruction right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Towards the end, Calliope figured she'd got it the wrong way around and Roxy was unwatchable while sober. Which works with her being blackout sober for the duration of the session, all of which was just black on Calliope's screen.

Note also that we just skipped right by most of their session in the Act 6.4 flash.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Maybe... maybe she captured Roxy to keep her safely out of the way while she kills the other three kids? After all, the Void is hiding the session from being found (you can view it on the tv tower thing, but that doesn't mean you can find it on a map...)

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Trebuchet King posted:

Well, with regard to the portals, I'd assumed they can only fly on prospit/derse. Roxy's on Derse now, though, so who knows, I guess.

No, John flew on the battlefield when his dream self woke up, and Dave flew out to Derse's moon after he cut it off.

I think Hussie just didn't think all this out.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
They can't fly because after 5 months of Jake drama they no longer have any happy thoughts, duh.

I foresee a callback to WV watching John die and go god tier with Caliborn watching Roxy on the monitor tree.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

creationist believer posted:

I foresee a callback to WV watching John die and go god tier with Caliborn watching Roxy on the monitor tree.

And then the screen goes blank, like it did for WV! Hah. That's actually not implausible.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Maybe it's the pyjamas that let you fly?

Hussie needs to do another Q+A session so can get this poo poo clarified!
Also to ask why he hates women with facial hair so god drat much.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Bobulus posted:

Well, the monitor tree seems to be able to show anything the audience can see. I could imagine a god-tier void player being able to black out a small region such that even we couldn't see what is happening near them.

Honestly surprised this hasn't happened already, unless you count Equius' aura of OH GOD I DON'T WANT TO SEE

e/ Or any of the other circumstantial stuff mentioned in the last page. I guess following commands with a black screen for void players would be a somewhat ham-handed way of demonstrating the level of fourth-wall-breakiness of their powers, and we wouldn't want that.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 5, 2012

Gul Banana
Nov 28, 2003

You can fly in your dreams. Once a dead player's dreamself becomes the real self, they aren't dreaming.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Gul Banana posted:

You can fly in your dreams. Once a dead player's dreamself becomes the real self, they aren't dreaming.

But post-death, pre-godtiering Dave could fly.

edit: Let's solve this right now: The Cond put her to sleep as she started to fall and thus she wasn't awake to start floating.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Maybe he STRONGJUMPED the distance.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bobulus posted:

But post-death, pre-godtiering Dave could fly.

edit: Let's solve this right now: The Cond put her to sleep as she started to fall and thus she wasn't awake to start floating.

I've seen it claimed that Dave was using the same sort of horror-terror type stuff that Rose did, it sort of looks like he has a black aura around him when taking off.

Whether this makes things even more confusing and stupid is up to you, I guess.

vvv Sollux can fly by himself, he's got telekinetic powers.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 5, 2012

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

I've seen it claimed that Dave was using the same sort of horror-terror type stuff that Rose did, it sort of looks like he has a black aura around him when taking off.

Whether this makes things even more confusing and stupid is up to you, I guess.

Sollux's dreamself flew from Derse to LoBaF after his realself was killed and he revived as it. I'm pretty sure anyway.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Karkat told John he was the only troll that couldn't fly. BUT he also never went to sleep to activate his dream self, until Bec Noir came through and killed him immediately after he woke up.

For Dave and Rose, it seems like their post-death, pre-godtier selves was still their Dreamselves because of the Derse pajamas.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

If I had a nickel for every time someone called something a "Gnostic story"...

When will people realize that Gnosticism can be pretty much read into just about every post-modern media franchise?

For what it's worth, reading something into a story is considered just as valid if not moreso than authorial intent in the post-modern framework. Something doesn't have to be premeditatedly gnostic to come off as gnostic. And that wouldn't be a valid argument in this case anyway, because it's very blatantly obvious that it's intentionally trudging about waist-deep in gnostic symbolism and archetype and you either have to be really lucky or really knowledgable to do this good a job of it.

And also that article is a really great read. I'm gonna go read about gnosticism when I get home because wow cool.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Note Block posted:

For Dave and Rose, it seems like their post-death, pre-godtier selves was still their Dreamselves because of the Derse pajamas.

The only reason anyone else who lost their realself isn't wearing the pyjamas is because they changed their clothes.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Don't forget the first callback to that!

(Of course, that Dave died, too)

; )

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Is it possible this isn't the first time that this has happened to Roxy?

If GCat was controlled by the Batterwitch, it's not a huge leap in logic to assume that Fefpeta was put to sleep suddenly by the Batterwitch, too. If that's the case, Roxy commenting on how Fefpeta suddenly falls asleep quite often could be precursor to Roxy being abducted.

There's already precedent for characters being pawns who can't remember they're working for the bad guys in the form of Meulin. It's possible Roxy doesn't remember herself being under the Condense's control.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Condy's a little less threatening now that I know her dramatic entrances are accompanied by dubstep.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

afatwhiteloaf posted:

I'm confused about dream selves.

So right now, Jane, Roxy, and Dirk are their dream selves because their normal bodies were killed. Dream selves can fly, and people resurrected into their dream selves keep that power, as we saw with Dave and Rose in Act 5.

It's funny that of all the kids, Jake is the only one who, as far as we know with the currently established rules, absolutely cannot go god-tier. The Hero of Hope is the one who can't achieve his full potential. How very convenient for Lord English.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Prison Warden posted:

It's funny that of all the kids, Jake is the only one who, as far as we know with the currently established rules, absolutely cannot go god-tier. The Hero of Hope is the one who can't achieve his full potential. How very convenient for Lord English.

Where would the Prospitians put a hero's body after a funeral procession?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

TheDemon posted:

Where would the Prospitians put a hero's body after a funeral procession?

Not even after. Look again. During the funeral procession, they're carrying him on his Quest Slab.

But the three people who have Godtiered on their quest slab (Dave, Rose, Aradia) were all alive and died on the slab. Assuming Jake's dreamself did actually die (and WV didn't feed him a non-peanut by mistake), he doesn't meet that requirement.

Of course, based on the way Hussie worded it, we don't know if the requirement is "dreamself dies on Quest Slab" or "last life dies on Quest Slab".

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Thing is, he has said that part of going god tier is that your dream-self "takes over" as your main body. Now, this may only be part of the mechanism for the Quest-bed-on-planet method, but everyone we know of who has used the quest-slab-on-derse method has done so using their dream-self.

Not to say that jake couldn't die on his planet quest bed, and because his dream self is already on his prospit quest slab he auto-resurrects as god tier Page, but with the mechanisms as established, he seems to be sol.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Thing is, that happened before he entered the game itself, so it's possible he's going by a variation of Aradia rules.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Bobulus posted:

Not even after. Look again. During the funeral procession, they're carrying him on his Quest Slab.

But the three people who have Godtiered on their quest slab (Dave, Rose, Aradia) were all alive and died on the slab. Assuming Jake's dreamself did actually die (and WV didn't feed him a non-peanut by mistake), he doesn't meet that requirement.

Of course, based on the way Hussie worded it, we don't know if the requirement is "dreamself dies on Quest Slab" or "last life dies on Quest Slab".

I'm pretty sure Aradia's dreamself was already dead, that's why she was placed in the Derse core's crypts.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

life_source posted:

I'm pretty sure Aradia's dreamself was already dead, that's why she was placed in the Derse core's crypts.

I don't think that's the case. Rather, it seems incredibly clear that Aradia's dreamself was comatose, hence why Aradia ascended to God Tier after Bec Noir destroyed Derse.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I was under the impression that her dream self was still alive, but asleep, up until Jack destroyed Derse.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Yeah, I can't be bothered to look, but one of the Hussie plot summaries or the formspring implied that her dreamself was comatose in the crypt, not dead.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just interpreted that she was killed by Vriska, and found her quest bed and moved it to a safe place deep within Derse. Then she slept on it and willed herself back to "life" as a ghost. And when Derse was being destroyed she self-destructed and stopping being the ghost, and then went God Tiered when she died/exploded/burned up because of Jack's rampage.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I actually like the comatose idea. Dreamselves are affected by what happens to the Realself, so flat out dying would probably do something major like sending it into a coma.

Re-watching [S] Wake. does have Aradia opening her eyes seconds before her revival, so comatose then wakes up then revives could be how it all went down.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Eh I don't think she moved it herself. There's basically no explanation as to why or how she became a ghost in the first place other than that she had unfinished business on Alternia.

Basically she died and became a ghost, and because she became a ghost she couldn't sleep for her dreamself to awaken. Then Eq kissed her post-mortem (the robo-kiss) so when her robot self blew up her "real self" died "properly" with all requirements for the dreamself to take charge in place; then the dreamself died on the quest slab.

I'm not sure if she *could* Quest-Slab revive if her dreamself was dead before that, but then again we have precedent for such a kind of revival (Jade was dead before Jack placed her on her Quest Bed) and a suggestion to it happening in the future (Jake's dreamself's dead body placed on his Quest slab by the Prospitians).

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Prison Warden posted:

As long as we don't see Dirk's sprite, there is the (very) remote possibility of prototyping it with Jake's dreamcorpse, and then Jake could achieve god tier like Jade did.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I had thought it was said that Dreamselves only fly in proximity to Prospit/Derse?

It would stand to reason that she was just caught off guard by being teleported several hundred feet in the air or so though. Let's go with that.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Bobulus posted:

He was also rather coy on whether or not burning in the fires of the Green Sun was a requirement.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It seems like a real stretch, but it's worth reminding people that there was some speculation that CD didn't actually poison Jake's dreamself, because he hosed up.

quote:

He says the intelligence report he had said the kid wouldn't take well to peanuts. So he snuck in there with a whole bag of them. You know, like the kind from circuses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circus_Peanuts

wikipedia posted:

Circus Peanuts is a peanut-shaped marshmallow candy.

...and we know how much the Midnight Crew types love their candies.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 6, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yeah, but he choked on them anyway.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Cabbit posted:

Quick, someone make a photoshop of Coyote stealing Jake English's bad memories.

After that one panel, I didn't quite feel like doing the whole thing :smith:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Tumblr link

Finally managed to put together some new music.

The heat death of the universe is a tedious, boring, long-lasting process. Much like this song

More of an experiment than anything else, so it's probably not up to par with my other stuff, but I did like how the piano breakdown about 3/4 of the way through turned out, and who knows, maybe someone else might like it.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 6, 2012

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

YF-23 posted:

Eh I don't think she moved it herself. There's basically no explanation as to why or how she became a ghost in the first place other than that she had unfinished business on Alternia.

Well, she already had ghost powers, which probably has something to do with it.

Rorus Raz posted:

After that one panel, I didn't quite feel like doing the whole thing :smith:

:smith:

Also, are you sure you didn't shop in John instead of Jake? I can't unsee the former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

I liked it! :shobon: