Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

The Grumbles posted:

Counterpount: In this, the real universe, multiple posters in this thread did not know who Megan Thee Stallion is.

If I was going to date or even just meet Megan Thee Stallion, I would look her up first, to see who she was. But until that happens I have no problem being ignorant about pop culture subjects I am not exposed to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

wtf this looks awesome???

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Looks like both Rhodey and Everett Ross are in this

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

"We swear this project isn't dead guys"

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1568676129682374657?s=20&t=HC1lGyOypSVuRgQN9HAmng

Still no release date

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Looks like a proper hat and glasses show.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

this looks really good please don't ruin it by loving up the pacing

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1568674161446502401?s=20&t=OsFH8vGG1PeTyQ0RJnU4sA

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Oasx posted:

If I was going to date or even just meet Megan Thee Stallion, I would look her up first, to see who she was. But until that happens I have no problem being ignorant about pop culture subjects I am not exposed to.

Theoretically I don't have a problem with this. Some people don't listen to rap, some people don't listen to country, some people don't listen to pop music, some people don't listen to music at all! Some people don't read books! Some people don't watch TV! Or use YouTube! It's fine to acknowledge that each person has a sphere of awareness.

It's the people who think "well I don't know who this is, that means no one does, she doesn't matter, and she's not popular even if that's objectively measurably false" and who keep fighting that battle even when shown wrong... that's just being a dick. Especially when it starts to sound like it's got tinges of "pfft rap is dumb, rap is just for dumb lovely people, not smart good people like me" that's a real bad look.

Even if it isn't racist, saying "nobody cares" invalidates hundreds of millions of people because only your experience is right.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh gently caress Man-Thing at 1:05!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They probably realized armor wars would be dumb without other armor users in the MCU so now that Ironheart is being introduced they got more than Rhodes.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

MAN-THING :woop:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I hope this is campy as gently caress

love it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It seems like there's a bunch of stuff that got shown at this showcase that isn't being released to the public. There was apparently footage from Ironheart, Loki Season 2, Ant-Man 3, and Echo shown.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1568675651678535682

https://twitter.com/GeeksOfColor/status/1568680302779973632

lomzus fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 10, 2022

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Wait they are bringing back the Leader in Cap 4?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1568680996215865345

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1568681335992074240

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Oh hell yes

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Fury: "I have had it with these motherfucking Skrulls on this motherfucking planet!"

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
So no Sharon in New World Order?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/ign/status/1568682293778354176?s=46&t=zCYBQDj3VKPsTa5tXADPXg

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Huh, I would have thought of the Leader as a Hulk villain, and maybe She-Hulk since Hulk can't do solo projects; does he have much of a history with the mantle of Captain America or Sam specifically?

tsob fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 10, 2022

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Final thunderbolts members:

https://twitter.com/AntManNews/status/1568682789733548039

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

live with fruit posted:

So no Sharon in New World Order?
I still think she shows up in Secret Invasion but that's just my feeling.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

I love that it's largely a Black Widow sequel. I hope Weisz and her pigs show up.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
I probably have a somewhat narrow immersion in this because I have no idea who ironheart or werewolf by night are, nevermind Megan stallion (in fact I don't even know why we're talking about a pop? musician).

I'll keep watching (and enjoying) these shows as long as I have access to this disney+ account either way. She-hulk is killing it and I fear every one of her suitors to secretly be trying to extract her blood.

Also I want more adam warlock and captain America, and wasn't secret wars in the comic like... on battle world and loaded with heavy hitters? Remembering some awesome captain America / DOOM moments. Weird they chose that name for something that sounds totally different.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

gently caress yeah more David Harbour!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BRJurgis posted:

I probably have a somewhat narrow immersion in this because I have no idea who ironheart or werewolf by night are, nevermind Megan stallion (in fact I don't even know why we're talking about a pop? musician).

I'll keep watching (and enjoying) these shows as long as I have access to this disney+ account either way. She-hulk is killing it and I fear every one of her suitors to secretly be trying to extract her blood.

Also I want more adam warlock and captain America, and wasn't secret wars in the comic like... on battle world and loaded with heavy hitters? Remembering some awesome captain America / DOOM moments. Weird they chose that name for something that sounds totally different.
I mean we're getting Adam Warlock in GOTG3 next year and I would imagine he will show up in the Secret Wars stuff.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Oasx posted:

I've never dated anyone super famous but the couple of times I've been out for a drink with someone who I know has a public presence but which I'm not familiar with, I've not looked them up because I've felt like it'd make the date super awkward and parasocial.

Super Deuce posted:

There is very little reason for most people in a universe of super heroes to know a brand new super hero by both that persona and alias, yes.

I've literally heard one of her songs and only ever on certain Chaturbate streams. Surprisingly, nobody introduces songs like a radio DJ when they're just listening to music. Why would I bother looking into who performs a song I don't like? You know not everyone listens to top 40 radio, right? If any of that was even top 40.

I'm not a fan of her (besides the obvious all-time-classic WAP) but just as someone who reads the news and take an interest in the world around me I recognise her name. Even from the way she gets referenced in countless other media. I probably wouldn't recognise her from looks alone nor do I know any of her other songs. But it's a name that comes up in the news (not just entertainment news), in lots of other public discourse, etc.

It's okay to not know who an incredibly famous celebrity is, but it's really silly to have a super smug attitude about it when all you're really revealing is that the only things in the world you pay attention to are Marvel comics and, uh, Chaturbate

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

live with fruit posted:

I love that it's largely a Black Widow sequel. I hope Weisz and her pigs show up.

It's also a team that's largely Captain America expies (US Agent, Winter Soldier, the Russian dude and kinda Taskmaster). Which seems like an odd line up. You'd think they'd shoot for a bit more diversity in powers and skills.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I love that after all the speculation about analogs in the Thunderbolts, we ended up with three super soldiers and no Hulks or gods.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah the only one that's radically different is Ghost

and I thought that they said that they fixed her phasing issue?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah the only one that's radically different is Ghost

and I thought that they said that they fixed her phasing issue?

That's what they were doing when everyone but Scott got blipped.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Panel is over now, just FYI. They closed on some footage for The Marvels that apparently takes place right after the post-credits teaser from Ms. Marvel

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Oh, more stuff in London! Can't wait to yet again hear everyone talk in mockney accents in a city home to every single world language.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Goose announced for The Marvels.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

That doesn't look like Val on the end. I really want it to be agent May from shield

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

The Grumbles posted:

Oh, more stuff in London! Can't wait to yet again hear everyone talk in mockney accents in a city home to every single world language.

New York, Los Angeles, London, Wakanda: I don't think there are any other cities on Earth

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

live with fruit posted:

I love that after all the speculation about analogs in the Thunderbolts, we ended up with three super soldiers and no Hulks or gods.

I mean given we see Blonsky transformed in the teaser trailer for the rest of She-Hulk, it's possible he'll get busted for parole violation and thus recruited and they didn't want to spoil the end of their show.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
They confirmed a bunch of other stuff that was rumored/reported about Daredevil too.

- He will appear in Echo.
- DD: Born Again will be 18 episodes.
- Will be a soft reboot of the Netflix show to bring Netflix DD into the MCU.
- Fisk will be the main villain.
- Other people from the Netflix show will be coming back (they didn't say if they meant actors or showrunners/production people)
- It's part of phase 5.
- Starts filming in mid-2023.
- Releases in Spring 2024.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Who is that on the far left??