Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Do not click unless you are an idiot.
Calamity Ganon kills Link if you don't recruit enough friends. IGN person claimed he played the demo for a few hours and went straight to Hyrule Castle successfully in which Ganon kills him in an ending because Link has no friends, endings apparently vary depending on how many friends you recruited. Nintendo Ninjas then kicked IGN dude off the demo because he saw something that a shouldnt be seen and Nintendo was stupid enough to not code a invisible wall in Hyrule castle.

It's just a supposed rumour but apparently IGN Portugal is claiming ending leaks atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The switch app checks your contacts list. If you don't have any friends, you lose.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I still can't believe people are excited about Skyrim, Again, in 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Kawabata posted:

Not saying my close friends are representative of anything here, but I could see that happening if 1,2 Switch was bundled with the console. As a FIFUTY DORRARU standalone purchase, heh, I believe it a lot less but it's still possible. It's also the only way the Switch could actually sell well imo, because on the "core gamers" front it doesn't look like it's going to do much better than the Wii U.

As a side note, I keep wondering what was the hurry of releasing the thing in loving March with barebones feature, no bundle, and a mediocre lineup. Yes PS4 and Bone also had bad lineups at release but they didn't come from the Wii U fiasco and everyone felt Nintendo needed more to convince people this time around. Are they that hungry for cash? iirc 2016 was a terrible year for them financially, are they that much in trouble?

I guess they feel that if something goes wrong (like the price is too high for people to bite or something) they have time to course-correct before the first holiday season.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is anyone anywhere actually excited?

St. Blaize
Oct 11, 2007

Kawabata posted:

Not saying my close friends are representative of anything here, but I could see that happening if 1,2 Switch was bundled with the console. As a FIFUTY DORRARU standalone purchase, heh, I believe it a lot less but it's still possible. It's also the only way the Switch could actually sell well imo, because on the "core gamers" front it doesn't look like it's going to do much better than the Wii U.

As a side note, I keep wondering what was the hurry of releasing the thing in loving March with barebones feature, no bundle, and a mediocre lineup. Yes PS4 and Bone also had bad lineups at release but they didn't come from the Wii U fiasco and everyone felt Nintendo needed more to convince people this time around. Are they that hungry for cash? iirc 2016 was a terrible year for them financially, are they that much in trouble?

I feel like the release is strategic, they haven't advertised heavily to the general public yet and the game lineup should be pretty solid when the holidays hit. That will give them time to tweak whatever to make the switch the system to get over the holidays, including pricing and pack in games.

Of course this is essentially releasing a beta product to a super wide audience, but that is hardly something that would be specific to Nintendo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I was excited for Skyrim on the Switch, having not been able to play it yet, but I don't bring it up anymore because the responses are insufferable.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I was excited for Skyrim on the Switch, having not been able to play it yet, but I don't bring it up anymore because the responses are insufferable.

I am also excited for Skyrim on Switch, friend

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Portable Skyrim sounds awesome as gently caress.

Will buy when it goes on sale during Xmas on the eshop~

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm almost willing to bet like 100 bucks that Skyrim will be a vector to run malicious code and break into a switch.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Dexo posted:

I'm almost willing to bet like 100 bucks that Skyrim will be a vector to run malicious code and break into a switch.

bethesda's poor quality control rearing its ugly head again, brought to you by nintendo switch

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Allegedly Skyrim Switch is on-par with Skyrim PS4 in that it only allows in-game assets for modding so you can't shove anything into it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Allegedly Skyrim Switch is on-par with Skyrim PS4 in that it only allows in-game assets for modding so you can't shove anything into it.

On the other hand it's skyrim so it's bound to be broken and Nintendo doesn't exactly have the best track record with this stuff

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just hope it has the dlc.

A secondary hope, if they want to be buddy buddy with Nintendo, they should put some Nintendo poo poo in there as Easter eggs, like a biggoron sword or Ice Climbers suits.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

HyperPuma posted:

unrelated question, does zelda breath of the wild have a tedious crafting system?

It's an open world game, isn't it?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Re:

Has been heroes. I think it was on treehouse because it comes out within a few weeks of launch. The price, according to GS is $20.
http://www.gamestop.com/games/has-b....UF8GM1tZFPhl0A

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I've watched the Has Been Heroes treehouse explanation a couple of times and I have no idea what the gently caress is happening.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

greatn posted:

I've watched the Has Been Heroes treehouse explanation a couple of times and I have no idea what the gently caress is happening.

It's a game for has beens. So it's for all of us. It seems to make great use of vibrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Anidav posted:

Anyone hear the leak from IGN about Zelda having multiple endings based on how many friends you recruit?

So does this mean Link is the Tenkai Star?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

The switch app checks your contacts list. If you don't have any friends, you lose.

Your contacts list on Miitomo.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Policenaut posted:

Switchrim* allowing mods at all is pretty surprising by itself honestly

* copyright me

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr Cheeto posted:

Haha, who is? My excitement for that game completely fizzled out around the 30-hour mark, but I had already overdone it with first person Elder Scrolls games. I know plenty of people really stuck to it for... maybe a couple of years? mainly thanks to mods, but that poo poo came out in 2011.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This is acceptable, though. In the same way that I'm looking forward to Binding of Isaac -- I own twenty devices that it runs on, but haven't bothered playing it until just last night.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Waltzing Along posted:

It's a game for has beens. So it's for all of us. It seems to make great use of vibrations.

Look at these AMAZING items you get. Its a puzzlebox it heals you. This game is AMAZING.

*does not tell you basic controls or idea of gameplay*

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Splatoon is a shooter for babbies.

Splatoon is the only console shooter without baby auto aim because dual stick controls are trash for scrubs, all hail mouse / gyro aiming

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Are we getting another direct next week?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Are we getting another direct next week?

Every week that you do not buy the switch Nintendo will announce a new mobile game. Each with more microtransactions than the last.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Bombadilillo posted:

Look at these AMAZING items you get. Its a puzzlebox it heals you. This game is AMAZING.

*does not tell you basic controls or idea of gameplay*

Looks like Plants vs Zombies to me, except you can move the plants around

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

Splatoon is the only console shooter without baby auto aim because dual stick controls are trash for scrubs, all hail mouse / gyro aiming

I think the implication was that other FPS's are for old people with arthritis who need the games' help to aim. Please be respectful of your elders.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The funny thing is I barely consider the XL a portable in the traditional sense, since at best I'll be carrying it in a messenger bag and playing it privately somewhere, but I typically just use it at home. But that's the most popular version of the 3DS, and now we have this Switch which is even bigger and I'm like "still not a portable. It's just easier to take with me than other machines, especially the Wii U."

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I am also excited for Skyrim on Switch, friend

Same, gently caress the haters probable Skyrim has me getting it on switch over ps4.

Spellman I have a train commute for a hour and a half round trip each work day. Switch is perfect for this

Kirios fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 21, 2017

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Why though? Plain vanilla Skyrim was released six years ago. It's not like you can take the modern modded Skyrim experience on the go.

I mean cool for you that you're excited for it I just don't get it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

orphean posted:

Why though? Plain vanilla Skyrim was released six years ago. It's not like you can take the modern modded Skyrim experience on the go.

I mean cool for you that you're excited for it I just don't get it.

Train commute. I play a crap load of Vita right now because of it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well, someone has to pay full price for Skyrim. Odds are that at least (only) one person will buy it and lookie, it's a goon. We should feel proud.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Is there any other way to play it on the go?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DalaranJ posted:

Every week that you do not buy the switch Nintendo will announce a new mobile game. Each with more microtransactions than the last.

pay 4.99 for unlimited Boost Power in our new mobile F-Zero game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It would probably run on a Surface.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Is there any other way to play it on the go?

Would anyone want to?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Between the original and the remastered edition, Skyrim has 52,000 people playing it on steam just today, making it it the 9th most played game on the platform today, and more played than Fallout 4. People still like the game, yes

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

why not fallout 4 hmmmmm

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

shoulda been new vegas, then i would def buy a switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Cojawfee posted:

Intentional metagaming.

:nintendo:

• Locked thread