Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I honestly used to feel that way about most of his stuff, with the exception of two songs, but this spring I bought Scrambles from a local place on a whim and fell in love with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

Josh Wow posted:

You don't have PMs and I don't wanna just post his poo poo up here. Give me an email address and I'll send you his email address. I'm not positive he still checks it but he probably does, I haven't sent him an email since last february.

Email is captaintjobrien at gmail dot com

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

AXE COP posted:

Am I the only one who really dislikes BTMI? I downloaded all their albums from their site and goddamn all they do is injure my eardrums. Are they really magical live or have I missed their good albums or what?

I didn't really get into them, save for a few songs, until Scrambles and especially Adults!!. after that I couldn't get enough.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
I really like some BTMI songs and hate others when listening to them on CD, but every tiem I have sen them live they are just amazing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Aardvark Barber posted:

I didn't really get into them, save for a few songs, until Scrambles and especially Adults!!. after that I couldn't get enough.

Oh hell yeah Adults!! is great. I'm hoping my friend's band (not 4 point 0) gets their poo poo together and learns Sanawon so we can do it at a show this summer

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
Never posted in this thread but I've been a creepy lurker, so I guess that counts...? Anyone going to the Bosstones show in Hollywood on the 19th?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I'm considering going to one of the shows in PA. I'm just pissed there isn't one in New England.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I can understand some of the hate for the first three albums because they are very abrasive at first, but if you don't like Get Warmer, you can go to hell :mad:

There's an awesome CD's worth of songs on the first three albums if you're willing to wade through some pretty wild poo poo (which I happen to think is awesome, but it took me a while to warm up to)

TLODOLI: Stand There Until You're Sober (best pre-Scrambles song)

Album Minus Band: It Ceases to be "Whining"..., Big Plans of Sleeping In, Panic Bomb (best song on the CD), Ready... Set... No!, Pike St. Park Slope cover, FREEE BIIIRD, Future 86

GCW: King of Minneapolis 1&2/3&4, Even Winning Feels Bad, Sorry Brooklyn, It's Official!, From Matyrdom to Star(tyr)dom, and I really REALLY like Side Projects but that one is more of the crazy ones (it's no Showerbeers! though)

e: poo poo cap, I didn't know you were a ska guy. Where the hell were you when Jovial and Alpha used to hate on me for playing BtMI! in the waiting room before games :argh:

I'm going to try my damnedest to be at that Europa show too.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 10, 2010

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

AXE COP posted:

Am I the only one who really dislikes BTMI? I downloaded all their albums from their site and goddamn all they do is injure my eardrums. Are they really magical live or have I missed their good albums or what?
I'm not huge on them and I am the sort of ska fan who normally likes that kind of thing.

EDIT: All right fine I guess I'll try Scrambles since everyone loves it so much

guppy fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 10, 2010

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

guppy posted:

All right fine I guess I'll try Scrambles since everyone loves it so much

:aaaaa:

If you haven't listened to Scrambles, you haven't lived. Prepare to do a complete 180

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

gently caress, now I'm going to have to go listen to Scrambles

e: I mean come on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQTJZ-Oix7k

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 10, 2010

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I just listened to all of Scrambles. It's... interesting. Lyrically I like it a lot. Musically it's uneven for me.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
I'm pretty shocked Catch-22 didn't announce that Jeff Davidson would be with them at tonight's show to perform some Alone in a Crowd material.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

e: poo poo cap, I didn't know you were a ska guy. Where the hell were you when Jovial and Alpha used to hate on me for playing BtMI! in the waiting room before games :argh:

I'm going to try my damnedest to be at that Europa show too.

Bomb the Music Industry is literally the only music I have for custom music in NHL 10.

Just found out that they're apparently playing a double show this Sunday at the Middle East so hopefully I'll be able to check out the later show (8 PM for you fellow Massholes).

I personally haven't heard a song by them that I haven't liked, save for maybe their Bear Vs. Shark cover. Their shows are always wild and unreal high energy. All you guys who are on the fence about them should check them out. You'll probably end up changing your mind.

Last year I saw them with this band from Phoenix called Andrew Jackson Jihad and, holy poo poo, what a loving show. AJJ isn't a ska band, more of a folk punk band but they're definitely worth checking out. If this song called "Lady Killer" doesn't make you laugh you have no soul (ignore the lovely fan video)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

gently caress! BtMI is playing tomorrow in Cambridge, how the gently caress did I miss that?

:sigh: it's probably sold out already...

edit: o god tickets still available! Also it looks like he's playing 2 shows. Should I go to the afternoon one, or wait for the evening one when he's already had time to get drunk?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

seventeen posted:

Bomb the Music Industry is literally the only music I have for custom music in NHL 10.

Just found out that they're apparently playing a double show this Sunday at the Middle East so hopefully I'll be able to check out the later show (8 PM for you fellow Massholes).

I personally haven't heard a song by them that I haven't liked, save for maybe their Bear Vs. Shark cover. Their shows are always wild and unreal high energy. All you guys who are on the fence about them should check them out. You'll probably end up changing your mind.

Last year I saw them with this band from Phoenix called Andrew Jackson Jihad and, holy poo poo, what a loving show. AJJ isn't a ska band, more of a folk punk band but they're definitely worth checking out. If this song called "Lady Killer" doesn't make you laugh you have no soul (ignore the lovely fan video)

Pretty sure most people here know how AJJ are, their singer does back-ups on Wednesday Night Drinkball and Jeff plays sax or soemthing on a song on Can't Maintain. But yes, AJJ owns.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

seventeen posted:

Mine is literally 90% BtMI!, Streetlight, and Protest the Hero

I've heard of AJJ but I never actually listened, always wanted to but I've had trouble finding their stuff. I had searched youtube previously and got nothing really, I guess I must be retarded.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I've heard of AJJ but I never actually listened, always wanted to but I've had trouble finding their stuff. I had searched youtube previously and got nothing really, I guess I must be retarded.

God drat do I love PtH. Never thought I'd hear them mentioned in a ska thread, though.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Obama Yo Mama posted:

People Who Can Eat Other People Are The Luckiest People In The World and Only God Can Judge Me are on iTunes.

Candy Cigarettes and Cap Guns is available for free on the AJJ website, though it's their weakest CD.

Can't Maintain is nearly impossible to find, unless you know someone who has it.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

drunk asian neighbor posted:

God drat do I love PtH. Never thought I'd hear them mentioned in a ska thread, though.

If I ever want to just zone out, I turn on Milkdrop and put on a PtH/RxB/Pegasuses XL playlist. It's like an out of body experience.

e: My current laptop is on it's last legs, I plan on getting one of those new (I think) Dells with Windows 7 that lets you do projector poo poo pretty much just so I can have a full wall Milkdrop above my bed :lsd:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 10, 2010

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Sandwolf posted:

Can't Maintain is nearly impossible to find, unless you know someone who has it.

I'd never listened to these guys before, but after a quick search Spotify has both People Who Can Eat People... and Can't Maintain, so if you've got an account or someone who can invite you you're in luck.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

In about 2 hours ( :argh: ), I will have procured their discography by use of... alternative methods :ninja:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sandwolf posted:

People Who Can Eat Other People Are The Luckiest People In The World and Only God Can Judge Me are on iTunes.

Candy Cigarettes and Cap Guns is available for free on the AJJ website, though it's their weakest CD.

Can't Maintain is on interpunk for ten bucks yo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dickeye posted:

Can't Maintain is on interpunk for ten bucks yo

Well, boy is my face red.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sandwolf posted:

Well, boy is my face red.

When in doubt, Interpunk

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Album Minus Band: Panic Bomb (best song on the CD)

I am glad we agree.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I really like the others that I mentioned too but it's easily no contest

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I really like the others that I mentioned too but it's easily no contest

Me too. Album Minus Band is the only album I've of BTMI I ever really got into, but I need to start working on others. I need to have lyrics webpages up when I listen to their music otherwise I don't know what the gently caress is going on.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Panic Bomb probably has my favorite absurd lyric ever

you're so bald, you don't know about my life with hair

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yay, got my tickets to the 8PM show tomorrow!

This'll be my first BtMI show. Should I expect anything unusually crazy?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Yay, got my tickets to the 8PM show tomorrow!

This'll be my first BtMI show. Should I expect anything unusually crazy?

Jeff hands out meth

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Panic Bomb probably has my favorite absurd lyric ever

you're so bald, you don't know about my life with hair

Mine too!!! It also kind of rings true because I don't want to go bald.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dickeye posted:

Jeff hands out meth

Everyone knows Jeff hates hard drugs, and prefers to spray the crowd in good ol' PBR.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ugh, i'd rather have meth

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'd rather get punched in the face

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

You philistines, pbr is delicious

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

FateoMcSkippy posted:

You philistines, pbr is delicious

Hipster detected.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Scrambles is growing on me, listened to it in its entirety a few more times today. I am still a little puzzled that everyone loves BTMI but tripped over themselves to complain about the Johnstones' singer :confused:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Cheezymadman posted:

Hipster detected.

deliciously cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jeff can't sing but for some reason his voice is like siren song to me