Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Delivery McGee posted:

and the fuel filler door button's been disabled (have to open the trunk and pull a handle in there).

What the hell is the point of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Ziploc posted:

What the hell is the point of that?
It was explained to me like so: cop cars are often left unattended with the doors unlocked. No time to lock up/unlock when you're running after a criminal, I suppose. Since, in cop mode*, you can't open the trunk without the key in the ignition, it makes it so nobody can steal/adulterate your gas while you're off on a foot pursuit.

*there are two plugs for the trunk button behind the dash**, one for push-it-anytime and one for only-works-with-the-key in.

More cop car fun: the dome light and "don't forget your keys/lights" chime don't come on when the front doors are opened, so you can't tell when the officer's getting out of the car at night. That can be reversed simply by plugging in a thing under the glovebox, but I kinda like it (Edit: my '84 has a busted chime and blown interior-lights fuse, so I got used to not having them). The light does come on when the back doors are opened even in dark mode (presumably so you can see to avoid bumping the prisoner's head when you stuff him in the back).

Speaking of the back doors, luckily the Feds apparently just use the child safety mechanism rather than pulling the handles/actuating rods.

**Edit again: Actually, mine has the trunk release in the civvie location on the driver's door rather than the center dash, but still has the 2-way wiring, because it won't open without the key in. I guess the location was optional, and the DEA wanted the ability to hang something over the spot where the trunk release usually goes in an Interceptor.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 12, 2010

slaphappynickname
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
2010 Toyota Prius III with Nav and solar sunroof package. I wanted leather, the wife didn't. It's for her, and I saved $2,000, so I'm not complaining too much.

Sorry for the poo poo photos, it's late, dark, and I didn't really bother because it's a loving Prius.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

TOUCH TRACER!

Solar POWAAARRRRRRR

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
Both my rides

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Nice wheels.
Specs?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Are those the wheels I saw at Dubs on Defrost, sported by the black Saabaru what got that Hellaflush?

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
Yep, that's my roommates saabaru (that actually got rear ended and possibly totalled the other day :( ). For A5H they are 17x9.5 et 25 all around.

plecostomus
Oct 17, 2009

Toned down for your pleasure

slaphappynickname posted:

2010 Toyota Prius III with Nav and solar sunroof package. I wanted leather, the wife didn't. It's for her, and I saved $2,000, so I'm not complaining too much.

Sorry for the poo poo photos, it's late, dark, and I didn't really bother because it's a loving Prius.

Despite the smug bastard connotations I think the new Prius is a pretty sweet car - is the boot a reasonable size?

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.

-A n i m 8- posted:

My sleeper.

I love the way that HDR's turn out with a Silver car - I just wish my car was actually this color ;).

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

plecostomus posted:

Despite the smug bastard connotations I think the new Prius is a pretty sweet car - is the boot a reasonable size?

This is my own anecdotal evidence, but FWIW: I listed a six person, high top dining room table on Craigslist. The buyer came over with a Prius and took the table top, legs and two of the chairs (each 4 feet tall) in the car with only the rear seats folded down. He came back for the other four chairs and had room to spare. I was all :aaa: when he just kept loading stuff in.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

DropShadow posted:

This is my own anecdotal evidence, but FWIW: I listed a six person, high top dining room table on Craigslist. The buyer came over with a Prius and took the table top, legs and two of the chairs (each 4 feet tall) in the car with only the rear seats folded down. He came back for the other four chairs and had room to spare. I was all :aaa: when he just kept loading stuff in.

The owner of the house I squat live in has a 2010 prius (and had a 08 before that) and we've moved some gigantic things in it. When you fold the seats down it becomes some kind of gigantic bottomless pit. It really is impressive considering the outward appearance.

slaphappynickname
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I leased the smug bastard yesterday, so I haven't really loaded it with anything yet, but it seems commodious enough. The problem I can see is that it's very shallow, so anything with any height is going to be a tight squeeze. The hatch opening is very deep, though, which will make loading much easier. It's certainly a hell of a lot smaller than the Pacifica it is replacing.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
That's interesting. I was following a Prius today and was struck by how tall it seemed (at 58.7" it's almost 6" taller than the TT I was driving). That sloping roofline's a bitch, though.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The Prius is a midsize car. It has similar interior dimensions as a 5 series or E-class. Due to its exceptional fuel economy, people often think that it is a smaller car than it is.

slaphappynickname
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DogDodger posted:

That's interesting. I was following a Prius today and was struck by how tall it seemed (at 58.7" it's almost 6" taller than the TT I was driving). That sloping roofline's a bitch, though.

The floor of the cargo area is very high due to batteries and the spare. The floor is at crotch level for me, and the roofline kills.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

The Prius is a midsize car. It has similar interior dimensions as a 5 series or E-class. Due to its exceptional fuel economy, people often think that it is a smaller car than it is.

Its packaging also makes it appear smaller than it really is. I parked next to one earlier tonight, and it was almost as long as my (admittedly not huge) wagon.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

entrox posted:

2010 Mercedes-Benz C350 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY.

Excuse the bad pic, but this baby just got out of the factory today and I'm still excited (56km on the odometer so far). I've swapped my 2009 C220 CDI for this one and the difference is amazing! The engine is so quiet compared to the 4cyl C220 and the 7-speed transmission is smooth as butter.

The best part is the mileage: 7,7l/100km so far.. I couldn't believe my eyes. What a great car...

Congrats and welcome to the 350 club! Here's a pic of me and my neighbor side-by-side. Mine is the 2009 US-Spec C350 and theirs the 2010 EU-Spec E350 BlueEfficiency.

You can do a lot worse on mileage, since my Carlsson tuning, I average around 18 MPG, but I'm not even trying.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I love Euro diesels, especially Mercs and BMWs. Love that C.

radikewlism
Jan 4, 2007
Might as well get in now with the current trend in here:

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

85' 300 Turbo Diesel. Its got 200k plus miles, but it runs like a fuckin champ. Diesel here is now 3.07/g, which sucks, but the car still does pretty well on gas. I love it, as a beater for now.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

radikewlism posted:

85' 300 Turbo Diesel. Its got 200k plus miles, but it runs like a fuckin champ. Diesel here is now 3.07/g, which sucks, but the car still does pretty well on gas. I love it, as a beater for now.
Nice. I lust after a 300D from that era. How much do you think yours is worth, out of curiousity?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

omgitstheinternet posted:

Yep, that's my roommates saabaru (that actually got rear ended and possibly totalled the other day :( ). For A5H they are 17x9.5 et 25 all around.

Got pictures of the Saab?

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.
Finally got some pictures of my car, clean, and when the weather was nice and sunny:

Click here for the full 1200x797 image.

2008 Mustang Bullitt. I added an aftermarket head unit because I wanted a fancy touchscreen and iPod connectivity. I'm putting Koni Sport dampers on it when they arrive.

radikewlism
Jan 4, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

Nice. I lust after a 300D from that era. How much do you think yours is worth, out of curiousity?

Well, given that the interior is in rough shape, the exterior is in good shape with MINOR rust, and the engine is in perfect working order, I figure I could sell it for 1000-1200. It would be much higher if there were no rust.

Glad to be a member of the AI mercedes diesel club.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Killbot posted:

Finally got some pictures of my car, clean, and when the weather was nice and sunny:

Click here for the full 1200x797 image.

2008 Mustang Bullitt. I added an aftermarket head unit because I wanted a fancy touchscreen and iPod connectivity. I'm putting Koni Sport dampers on it when they arrive.

What are you in prison for and why do they let you have a car?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

frozenphil posted:

Maybe you've heard of this little thing called...the Death Race.

a powerful frown
Jan 31, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

Maybe you've heard of this little thing called...the Death Race.

drop the tombstone on my mark!!!
:negative:

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3108195&pagenumber=17#post375684437

Current work being done for my Z, the new front valence/spoiler is on, ICs getting painted black, the sideskirts and poo poo still need installing, along with the new OZ wheels, and a complete car repaint. Other than that, externally, we'll be done. Look at my previous posts around AI about it to see what it DID look like :v:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

frozenphil posted:

nigga when I get it back in 2 weeks or so don't make my riced out Z destroy whatever you got at Steele. Don't ut yourself through the humiliation, I WILL MAKE EVERYONE IN AI KNOW YOUR 1 OF NONE MADE RARE 67 MUSTANG GOT ICED BY A JAP RICEMOBILE (on stock turbos no less, just wait till winter when the GT2560s come on and it's making north of 500whp)

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Method Loser posted:

nigga when I get it back in 2 weeks or so don't make my riced out Z destroy whatever you got at Steele. Don't ut yourself through the humiliation, I WILL MAKE EVERYONE IN AI KNOW YOUR 1 OF NONE MADE RARE 67 MUSTANG GOT ICED BY A JAP RICEMOBILE

Yeah, my '67 is totally going to be road worthy in 2 weeks. I could always just drag race you in the driveway since you'd just back into a tree like Tiger Woods.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

frozenphil posted:

Yeah, my '67 is totally going to be road worthy in 2 weeks. I could always just drag race you in the driveway since you'd just back into a tree like Tiger Woods.

I am patient. Like, a decade patient, at your rate, so WE'LL JUST SEE (when we're old men at YOUR SLOW-rear end RATE)

a powerful frown
Jan 31, 2005

frozenphil posted:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Method Loser posted:

I am patient. Like, a decade patient, at your rate, so WE'LL JUST SEE (when we're old men at YOUR SLOW-rear end RATE)

You can race my basically stock '03 GT if you want. If you can't beat it you should set your car on fire.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

frozenphil posted:

You can race my basically stock '03 GT if you want. If you can't beat it you should set your car on fire.

Deal, it's making 380-390whp on the stocker turbos, when I GT2560 it up should be over 500 to the wheels, but with stockers if I can't beat a Mustang GT I suck. Bad. I'll even start in second just for you!

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Method Loser posted:

Deal.

:toxx:

We need a camera man.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Method Loser posted:

nigga when I get it back in 2 weeks or so don't make my riced out Z destroy whatever you got at Steele. Don't ut yourself through the humiliation, I WILL MAKE EVERYONE IN AI KNOW YOUR 1 OF NONE MADE RARE 67 MUSTANG GOT ICED BY A JAP RICEMOBILE (on stock turbos no less, just wait till winter when the GT2560s come on and it's making north of 500whp)

Best poster/post combo.

Content:

This is the car my wife wants, but only if it's a manual.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sterndotstern posted:

Best poster/post combo.

Content:

This is the car my wife wants, but only if it's a manual.

I'm imagining the water mark saying "MILF Hunters".

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.

frozenphil posted:

Haha, actually the wall and wire is supposed to prevent people from climbing over to the side I'm on. The other side has spikes and stuff. I don't know why they decided to put the razor wire on this side though, if they wanted to keep people outside. I guess intruders would have to climb over the wall and risk falling down into it? :confused:

After I saw Death Race at the theater, some high school kid in the exiting crowd pointed to my car and shouted "That's the car from the movie!" He had huge hair and was probably retarded.

This car was pretty much an impulse buy. I wasn't that into the car's namesake movie, but I loved the fact that it had almost zero external badging and a plain grill. And the exhaust sounds awesome. There's some new 2010 Mustangs running around here now and it feels good to know that the car I'm driving was essentially the prototype.

10000lbsofbananas
Jan 3, 2005

Not for consumption.
Cannot wait until friday morning to pick this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I love that such an argument (with a happy ending) happened between these two rotting carcasses.
:arghfist: