Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Yesh posted:

I have a feeling that Rachel will have her soul implanted into the thorn that Baam uses. It would solve a couple things:

- Give Baam a superweapon to compete with the higher floors - An immortal-killing irregular (Baam) wielding a thorn created by a
monstrously powerful irregular (Enryu) infused with the soul of an irregular (Rachel).
- Be a powerup for Rachel that would put her in Baam's league

She'd also be an annoying sword ghost who'd work with basically nobody which sounds about right.

All in Tower magic is based on shinsu. Baam can destroy outright all shinsu. He can now threaten everything in the Tower. He really just needs to become fast enough and strong enough that nobody else can take him out before he hits him with his magic killing bomb. Give Rachel a million thorns, she still wouldn't be on his level. Christ her little soul eating god-monster is insanely hosed if they meet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah Baam already... Pretty much is a superweapon. He doesn't need another.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Baam should lose a hand and then Rachel can become his bionic arm.

So we've never seen the real Karaka yet. It's all been spare bodies.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Hypocrisy posted:

So we've never seen the real Karaka yet. It's all been spare bodies.

The real Karaka is a 400 pound nerd sitting in a couch watching Fox News 24/7.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I get the impression there are still some limits to Baam's black hole thing. Like, even though it eats shinsoo, we don't know how fast it eats it, so it might be possible for someone who is strong enough to overpower the rate at which it can consume shinsoo. It's also probably easy enough for stronger enemies to dodge.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I don't think Rachel will try and manipulate Baam with the supposed imminent death. I think he is just likely to, even if he doesn't trust her, not want her to die. So she will be in trouble, he will rush in to help out, and then she's gonna take off and once again cement herself as the worst, feeling zero gratitude.

Then she will go to grab the thorn fragment from de-whatever, and khun will be like 'i have had it for hours, Rachel' :v:

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Rak is standing there using the thorn as a toothpick and decides not to hand it over to the turtles.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

By the time they find it rak has already figured out how to use it as the towers strongest spear and that's how he gets relevant again

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

KittyEmpress posted:

I don't think Rachel will try and manipulate Baam with the supposed imminent death. I think he is just likely to, even if he doesn't trust her, not want her to die. So she will be in trouble, he will rush in to help out, and then she's gonna take off and once again cement herself as the worst, feeling zero gratitude.

Then she will go to grab the thorn fragment from de-whatever, and khun will be like 'i have had it for hours, Rachel' :v:

Rachel is a pretty bad person, but I don't think she feels zero remorse. She seemed to be clearly uncomfortable at Baam more or less cutting ties with her (it sort of reminds me of how people will sometimes respond poorly to their exes moving on even if they were the ones who initiated the break-up). She strikes me as someone who is willing to do bad stuff in order to achieve her goals but isn't quite ambivalent towards the results of her actions. Another example is her reaction to ordering Akraptor to be killed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Rachel was trying to steal Baam's prophecy and he knows what it is and what her role is now

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The only kind of strange thing about Rachel is that the story simultaneously portrays her as super tenacious and determined while also making it look like she isn't truly committed (like when she wasn't willing to attempt the first floor test Baam took). Though I guess that could interpreted as her knowing when to pick her battles, and she totally would have died if she had actually attempted that test (since even Baam would have died if he didn't have the Black March and it didn't ignite for him).

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Shugojin posted:

By the time they find it rak has already figured out how to use it as the towers strongest spear and that's how he gets relevant again

Rak will have figured out how to use the tower as a spear once again proving he has to do all these turtles work

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
gently caress, man, I just want Rak back in the story.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shugojin posted:

Presupposes that Rak was ever not relevant. An idea that fails on simple face value.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I still can't handle how much of a goof the strongest active ranker in the tower is

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Shugojin posted:

I still can't handle how much of a goof the strongest active ranker in the tower is
He reminds me of Claire Stanfield from Baccano!.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Urek is acting like he wins an ice cream party if he kills hell joe

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Shugojin posted:

He was equal in power to the 5th strongest guy in history before he even finished climbing. Dude's insane. He's so powerful the world just feels like a game to him. He's doing sidequests right now.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
One neat thing I've been thinking of recently is how Enryu entered the tower, from the looks of this scene he pretty much just burst in exactly where he wanted to rather than a generic "you opened the door, welcome to floor #1".

I guess that isn't necessarily the door to the tower, personally I think it is, but maybe he actually is the messenger of an axis user or something like that.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

It reminds me of the door Baam opened in the beginning with the big orb at the top, though the bottom is different.

It is interesting how Enryu is ranked #1 then #2 if he showed up on the FoD, ruined it, and never was seen again. I guess that makes him the only ranker who's never made it to the top floor, since even Phantaminum was on the top floor when he wrecked Zahard's forces.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

New chapter is up.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Garam's pretty cool. And now we know what the deal with the possession is.

And apparently we're going to get a Urek vs Baby Administrator fight.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Garam's pretty cool. And now we know what the deal with the possession is.

And apparently we're going to get a Urek vs Baby Administrator fight.

Urek is trying to take that thing down without alerting Garam that he's on her floor. Should be interesting to see how he handles that.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
We're getting to some Noblesse levels of villain ignoring at this point. I don't blame half the cast for being clueless to not caring at all, though.

Also, I like how Rachel and Khun independently became suspicious of the circus going on in the floor of death.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Avulsion posted:

Urek is trying to take that thing down without alerting Garam that he's on her floor. Should be interesting to see how he handles that.

Weeellll she's right there now so I don't think that's happening.

I'm wondering what's up with Hell Joe's less-stylized zahard 3 eyes thing

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

The Power of BAM!

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Shugojin posted:

Weeellll she's right there now so I don't think that's happening.

I'm wondering what's up with Hell Joe's less-stylized zahard 3 eyes thing

If there weren't three of them, I'd be really on board with the idea that he's carrying Hockney's eyes around his neck.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Rachel has no idea lol

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Also, I like how Rachel and Khun independently became suspicious of the circus going on in the floor of death.
Maybe it's a translation issue, but I don't get the point of that.

"He's more concerned about rescuing <long-imprisoned important person> than killing <incredibly tough dude whose goal is just to get out of there anyway>."

That just seems logical to me I guess.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

hey girl you up posted:

Maybe it's a translation issue, but I don't get the point of that.

"He's more concerned about rescuing <long-imprisoned important person> than killing <incredibly tough dude whose goal is just to get out of there anyway>."

That just seems logical to me I guess.

Not if the savior is there. The whole point is that Baam and maybe Rachel can beat everyone up and free them from the curse. So killing Hell Joe is probably the bigger deal than saving the one guy in a less imposing imprisonment than their souls and stuff.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Well, it's not "they're more concerned," it's "they're actively ignoring what's going on around them to rush to this location and it's suspicious as hell." What's weird is that Hwayrun went on this huge tirade about hating Hell Joe and he's chilling in front of her but she doesn't care. Honestly, there's a lot of weird poo poo happening on this previously chill and not occupied floor.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

New chapter up: http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-249/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=330

The classic Khun deconstruction.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Nice now Baam and Rachel can both get a thorn fragment out of this whole thing.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Taking bets on how much of his body Mazino needs to fight a baby administrator. Two fingers? A whole hand??

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Sindai posted:

Taking bets on how much of his body Mazino needs to fight a baby administrator. Two fingers? A whole hand??

It'll depend on whether Garam is ok with him breaking the anklet or not. If she wants him to only fight with 5% power, I'm guessing he'll barely scrape by until Bam opens up with a black hole.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I really love that shot of the whole gang making their stand. It's one of those things I really love to see in fiction.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-250/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=331

That was so dumb, I totally love it!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
loving :lol:, Urek and Yuri are national treasures.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Such a god drat goof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This is the best the series has been in ages. :allears: