Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

oh man my favorite mbv track

incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Chris
Aug 18, 2003
Harleyite Extraordinaire
I always get a kick out of stuff like Sade on here.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
And that's a nice pick from Queen, too! Not one of the common ones I think but a song I've always liked,

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Twisted Eye posted:

And that's a nice pick from Queen, too! Not one of the common ones I think but a song I've always liked,

I grew up with this Greatest Hits album (and the sequel), so I knew Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy but not Stone Cold Crazy or Tie Your Mother Down. Weird that I never heard those last two on the radio, though.

What I'm trying to say is that farottone is awesome.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Excellent work as always.

Last night I did some serious catching up with customs and DLC - I still didn't have American Pie! Fixed that, and got customed out as well. Now, a question.

Is there a handy way to download all of the Genesis releases? I did some poking last night but ran short on time.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

pksage posted:

What I'm trying to say is that farottone is awesome.

No, YOU are awesome!

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Excellent work as always.

Last night I did some serious catching up with customs and DLC - I still didn't have American Pie! Fixed that, and got customed out as well. Now, a question.

Is there a handy way to download all of the Genesis releases? I did some poking last night but ran short on time.

You can download the album packs, that's as packaged up as we made the release. ;)

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Time for me to nerd out on this again. Since the Genesis pack came out I have rarely played anything else. It may stay that way for the foreseeable future.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/257392/dlc-week-of-2-17-singles-from-tenacious-d-and-weezer

quote:

Hey gang,

This February has been the snowiest month on record in Boston, and we are finally getting around to digging ourselves out of the snow to bring you another DLC announcement! Tomorrow you'll be able to enjoy new tracks from fan favorites Tenacious D and Weezer. They are awesome songs with great titles. Rock on!

-HMXhenry

TRACKS FROM TENACIOUS D AND WEEZER SNEAK UP, CLIMB THROUGH THE WINDOW OF THE ROCK BAND™ MUSIC STORE

Cambridge, Mass. – February 13th, 2015 – Harmonix today announced that new tracks from Tenacious D and Weezer are headed to the Rock Band™ Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Rock Band provides the deepest and best selection of artists, songs and albums through the Rock Band music platform, which features more than 1,400 artists and more than 3,500* tracks via disc and download purchase (complete list of tracks at https://www.rockband.com/songs). Rock Band’s gigantic music library dwarfs that of any other rhythm video game on the market. More than 100 million songs have been sold through the Rock Band Music Store since its launch on Nov. 20, 2007.

Tracks downloaded from the Rock Band Music Store are compatible with the award-winning full-band Rock Band 3 experience, as well as the controller-based rhythm-action title, Rock Band Blitz, available now on PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade!

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system

After nearly a month of excruciating silence, new music will finally be coming to the Rock Band Music store for PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360!

Tenacious D’s “Rize Of The Fenix,” from the 2012 record of the same name, will get you rocking again on February 17th. Joining “The D” classic will be “Back To The Shack,” a single from Weezer’s latest record, Everything Will Be Alright in the End. Both songs will be available as singles on the PlayStation®Network and the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, as well as the in-game Rock Band Music Store on both platforms.

Available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system (February 17th, 2015):

• Tenacious D – “Rize Of The Fenix”
• Weezer – “Back To The Shack”

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per song

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 17th)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

It's HAPPENING AGAIN

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
YOU GUYS ARE WELCOME! It's because when I heard Back To The Shack I thought, "Man that'd be a GREAT Rock Band song!" They heard my inner thoughts and you're welcome!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 17th)
Aren't the ones from the previous DLC round still not online?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

YOU GUYS ARE WELCOME! It's because when I heard Back To The Shack I thought, "Man that'd be a GREAT Rock Band song!" They heard my inner thoughts and you're welcome!
The new Weezer album is legit good. I know, surprised the hell out of me too, but I'd put it at least on the level of the Green Album, if not even a little better.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

WhiteHowler posted:

The new Weezer album is legit good. I know, surprised the hell out of me too, but I'd put it at least on the level of the Green Album, if not even a little better.
Agreed. "Go Away" would make a great duet for RB, too.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Harmonix is gonna be at PAX, and is participating in Penny Arcade's weird pin thing, except:

Hm. HMMMMM

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

that pin thing is so weird

disney obsessives are all about pins too

which is like weirdness for people who are already really loving weird

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-18/new-rock-band-game-said-to-be-developed-for-latest-consoles

quote:

(Bloomberg) -- Rock Band, the video-game series where players jam along to recorded music, is developing a new title, the first since 2012, according to a person familiar with the plan.
Harmonix Music Systems Inc. is creating the new game for the latest generation of consoles, such as Sony Corp.’s PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox One, said the person, who asked not to be named because the matter is private.

[img-itshappening.gif]

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's just Drake planting media stories so they have to actually do it or face the upset backlash of hundreds!

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Let's start :goonsay:-ing about Rock Band Next!

Personally, I'm not invested enough in Rock Band anymore to buy a new console for it, but I would get it if they did a 360 release (download only, I'd imagine). Can you even connect 360/PS3 instrument controllers to an XB1/PS4?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
It's hit or miss as to what does, just look at the situation with steering wheels and fight sticks.

If it's really current gen only I don't think I'd get it. I'd have to buy an Xbone because there's definitely no way to port DLC and instruments across consoles. If there's NO backwards compatibility I'm not starting over, and if it's just, say, Blitz with smartphone/tablet support for singing, whoop dee.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I'd even start over but have next to no desire to buy and store another set of dedicated controllers, mine are largely gathering dust as it is. Only way I'd consider it is if I could use my Rocksmith cable and/or MIDI.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I'd even start over but have next to no desire to buy and store another set of dedicated controllers, mine are largely gathering dust as it is. Only way I'd consider it is if I could use my Rocksmith cable and/or MIDI.

I would seriously doubt that pro guitar would even be a thing in the new game, so I don't know if Rocksmith stuff would do you any good unless you wanted to do some unholy thing where certain notes on the guitar were mapped to one of the 5 buttons.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Man, Rock Band is still probably my favorite game of last gen, and it was part of the reason I even bought a 360 in the first place. But I can't justify $400 for a system, plus $60 for the game, plus $100+ for instruments.

If this is something that can be played on 360, all the songs I've owned previously, all the old instruments still work, plus all new songs, bells and whistles, I could throw $100 at it. poo poo, if this means that plastic guitars will be produced again and reasonably priced, I'll even replace my old wired poo poo and buy all new wireless. But I must be crazy to think they'd cater to these whims.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I would gladly dump $200 into a new Rock Band with new instruments for 360. No question, no hesitation.

I would be very, very unlikely to drop $400 on a new system with one $200 game I want to play on it.

So basically, if it does happen for new consoles, and new consoles only, I'd probably skip it, at least until I actually had one of those consoles, and looking at their upcoming releases, that's not likely to happen for a while.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
I bought an Xbone for three reasons:

1. It's media playing capability for my living room (TV Tuner, Plex Client, Netflix etc, with voice control)
2. The possibility of Rock Band at some point, and likely the best chance of being able to keep my DLC and reuse my instruments, since I have a 360 currently.
3. Other games I guess, whatever.

Ideally I would want to be able to use my instruments and transfer my DLC.
I would be mostly fine with keeping DLC and buying new instruments.

(I would buy whatever they gave me like the rock band whore I am)

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
That's pretty much how I feel, too. After HMX put out their XBone dance central game which transferred over DLC bought for the 360 versions, the fact that it's technically possible to do that was a big factor in me getting an XBone.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
As hyped as I am for new Rock Band and as silly of an amount of money I'd be willing to dump into it (Oh God), I just can't see this selling well at all. I really hope I'm proven wrong, or that HMX has SOME kind of business strategy in mind for that kind of thing, like making a small number of units and marketing it as an enthusiast thing.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'd really only want a new Rock Band or Guitar Hero if they can get some of those impossible bands like Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Maybe they can at least implement the same technology that Rocksmith is using and use real instruments,

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I just want some cheap drums since both my Rock Band and GHWT drums are hosed.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Liar Lyre posted:

I'd really only want a new Rock Band or Guitar Hero if they can get some of those impossible bands like Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Maybe they can at least implement the same technology that Rocksmith is using and use real instruments,

If even Rocksmith, which doesn't need stems and is more of a guitar teaching tool than a game, can't get them, Rock Band never ever ever ever will.

:smith:

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

pksage posted:

If even Rocksmith, which doesn't need stems and is more of a guitar teaching tool than a game, can't get them, Rock Band never ever ever ever will.

We got 3 Led Zeppelin multitrack songs, yay!

But yeah, no chance of being commercially available unless all members invest heavily in Greek bonds and need a bailout. On a side note, I was waiting to get C3 today's release out so bad.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
C3 releases for February 20, 2015:

New! Michael Jackson C01 8-pack (farottone)
  • Michael Jackson - "Bad"
  • Michael Jackson - "The Way You Make Me Feel"
  • Michael Jackson - "Liberian Girl"
  • Michael Jackson - "Another Part of Me"
  • Michael Jackson - "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"
  • Michael Jackson - "Dirty Diana"
  • Michael Jackson - "Smooth Criminal"
  • Michael Jackson - "Leave Me Alone"

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

pksage posted:

Woh. Wouldn't have expected Dirty Diana in here.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

pksage posted:

gently caress. Yes.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So it turns out that random impulse to turn Michael Jackson on at work and sing along was just practicing.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Asnorban posted:

Woh. Wouldn't have expected Dirty Diana in here.

"Michael Jackson C01" is just nitpicking with naming, it's basically a Bad album release minus the songs that were too much of a pain to author. See also: that one Nirvana pack that was obviously supposed to be a Nevermind album release.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

pksage posted:

"Michael Jackson C01" is just nitpicking with naming, it's basically a Bad album release minus the songs that were too much of a pain to author. See also: that one Nirvana pack that was obviously supposed to be a Nevermind album release.

This is good. Now I will expect C02 to be Thriller.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Fun times ahead! Thanks!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

gently caress, I have a PS4 but played og Rock Band on the 360. If the new one has cross-generation DLC I'm gonna have some major decisions to make since I probably bought some odd 400 dollars worth of DLC anyway

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
lol

quote:

Due to Michael Jackson being Michael Jackson, we are having issues hosting this week’s preview video. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Tried showing my girlfriend today's excellent releases, got some amusement along with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Asnorban posted:

This is good. Now I will expect C02 to be Thriller.

This doesn't mean we won't do more MJ in the future, but the title track and "Beat It" have already been released through C3. I know that we'll be remiss until we have at least "Billie Jean", though.

• Locked thread