Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's do a name call (NOT role call)

I'm still Hammer bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I'm Luigi.

Remember guys, A confirmed town cop went after a confirmed town for three loving days because they flipped scum.

I targetted MMG as doctor last night,got an action successful, and he still winds up dead.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Gough Suppressant posted:

I'm Luigi.

Remember guys, A confirmed town cop went after a confirmed town for three loving days because they flipped scum.

I targetted MMG as doctor last night,got an action successful, and he still winds up dead.

These are really good points.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

everythingWasBees posted:

If only for that, for Tirade.

Gough, MMG and I all corroborated our respective power roles against one another. Kat got it correct right near the end, but I was pissed that she flushed out the doctor and so picked her accordingly. As I said before, I was out for the last few hours of yesterday and anidav dropped the hammer before I had a chance to unvote.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
If the game is buckled then there is nothing to do but get it over and done with by lynching every night asap. If we actually cared we could do it multiple times and speed it up. There is no win condition. The only people helped by not voting or voting stupid is scum.

Also if there are no scum then how come TOML was so dumb about role actions and yet so careful to pretend to be waiting varying times for scum to PM in actions?

The answer is that scum are real, we suck, and they have now cottoned onto suspicion over the game format and are trying to bleed us out.

Vote GS, Tirade, then ODC. Or don't vote and just do whatever but dont pretend like there was no argument for it

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
The other alternative is all the roles have sanity effects, I'm a quack/naive doctor and MMG was a paranoid cop.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Tirade posted:

Gough, MMG and I all corroborated our respective power roles against one another. Kat got it correct right near the end, but I was pissed that she flushed out the doctor and so picked her accordingly. As I said before, I was out for the last few hours of yesterday and anidav dropped the hammer before I had a chance to unvote.

I'm phone posting can you remind me what the narrative is here? What are your supposed roles (specifically in actions, role names don't mean anything to me) and what did kat suggest that you are saying is true?

Because the current narrative is a dumb one as the only two options are: votes are meaningless and wait for game over, or you guys are scum

*shrug*

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

If the game is buckled then there is nothing to do but get it over and done with by lynching every night asap. If we actually cared we could do it multiple times and speed it up. There is no win condition. The only people helped by not voting or voting stupid is scum.

Also if there are no scum then how come TOML was so dumb about role actions and yet so careful to pretend to be waiting varying times for scum to PM in actions?

The answer is that scum are real, we suck, and they have now cottoned onto suspicion over the game format and are trying to bleed us out.

Vote GS, Tirade, then ODC. Or don't vote and just do whatever but dont pretend like there was no argument for it

If you want to prove yourself wrong ##vote Old Dirty Cumburgs I'll get ya started. ;)

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Maybe this "bell jar is town" thing is also a reversed call.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Oh that's what that sanity post was about before? That some role actions that used to be definitive are now subject to personal sanity and can return false results?

Is a core part of Mafia not knowing how the game works, because it seems like that would unduly disadvantage town. How could you win when you don't know what you're playing?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

black_tangled posted:

Maybe this "bell jar is town" thing is also a reversed call.

Maybe pigs fly, too.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Oh that's what that sanity post was about before? That some role actions that used to be definitive are now subject to personal sanity and can return false results?

Is a core part of Mafia not knowing how the game works, because it seems like that would unduly disadvantage town. How could you win when you don't know what you're playing?

I'd still like to know y'all character names

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Very well

##vote Tirade

If you're norrowly picking your targets and fruity isnt one. I'll go with my other target.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

ODC if you actually believe the no scum theory then why not follow the player with actual votes on him and help the Gough train?

Stop muddying and distracting and vote Gough so we can get a hammer and see what he flips. we will know soon enough if we get our first scum (then we vote tirade and ODC) or if he has a sanity role and we are in a lovely game with no good outcome

Although the uncertainty over rules probably made that an inevitability in any case

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

ODC if you actually believe the no scum theory then why not follow the player with actual votes on him and help the Gough train?

Stop muddying and distracting and vote Gough so we can get a hammer and see what he flips. we will know soon enough if we get our first scum (then we vote tirade and ODC) or if he has a sanity role and we are in a lovely game with no good outcome

Although the uncertainty over rules probably made that an inevitability in any case

In not here to make friends and you're just as scummy/not scummy as everyone else

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm shaking the vote, baby!

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

How am I as scummy as anyone else? I'm by far the dumbest and newbiest player here but that lends to me being townie. I have been waiting all game to see whether anybody would legitimately finger me because that would be the biggest indicator of scumhood

I no longer believe that there are no scum and my list is about the same. Tirade ODC and probably Gough are scum.

I just want to point out that its not my fault the game went so lovely for town, I'm (I think) the only new player and I only have one vote so don't blame me

Anyway pick tirade odc or Gough, whichever order I don't care, I'll hammer any of them

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
##vote Gwynplaine

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Gough has 4/8 votes just hop on board so we can get this over with

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

How am I as scummy as anyone else? I'm by far the dumbest and newbiest player here but that lends to me being townie. I have been waiting all game to see whether anybody would legitimately finger me because that would be the biggest indicator of scumhood

I no longer believe that there are no scum and my list is about the same. Tirade ODC and probably Gough are scum.

I just want to point out that its not my fault the game went so lovely for town, I'm (I think) the only new player and I only have one vote so don't blame me

Anyway pick tirade odc or Gough, whichever order I don't care, I'll hammer any of them

Simple: Your list doesn't include suss characters like bees, or Gwyn.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Gough has 4/8 votes just hop on board so we can get this over with

I don't think he's scum, stop trying to influence my vote

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

So? I'll wait for tbk to pipe up and remind me how useful it is to write long lists touching on every single poster here.

I don't need to sus out every single scum to point out the first, most obvious 3. And as mentioned, either you 3 are scum or the game is hosed. I think TOML might not have fine tuned it well enough but I don't think he would tank a game and ruin his credibility for a gimmick run. You're scum and you're muddying poo poo as you have been doing all game, and since we have no solid game parameters by which to determine data, its worked

I notice people are walking away from the 'no scum' theory now that it turns out we are still determined to vote...

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Forgive them father, they know not what they do

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Kommando posted:

Very well

##vote Tirade

If you're norrowly picking your targets and fruity isnt one. I'll go with my other target.

Tirade posted:

People wot I will lynch today: ODC, Fruity, Mith, Anime David.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

So? I'll wait for tbk to pipe up and remind me how useful it is to write long lists touching on every single poster here.

I don't need to sus out every single scum to point out the first, most obvious 3. And as mentioned, either you 3 are scum or the game is hosed. I think TOML might not have fine tuned it well enough but I don't think he would tank a game and ruin his credibility for a gimmick run. You're scum and you're muddying poo poo as you have been doing all game, and since we have no solid game parameters by which to determine data, its worked

I notice people are walking away from the 'no scum' theory now that it turns out we are still determined to vote...

Reminder that I'm the only poster that provided SOME data with my deputized role.

You have a weird narrative.

And just by your own philosophy: either we're scum or the game's hosed.

The game's hosed, and I'm just as vanilla town as I've been since day 1

I'm going out a nuisance to this broken game, but I'm gonna have fun the whole way there.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Also why does it say Mafio in the thread title is that a joke on Mario

Am I really that dense that I only just realised that

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Also why does it say Mafio in the thread title is that a joke on Mario

Am I really that dense that I only just realised that

Yes, and yes.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Keep in mind that barring Gough's really out there "no scum" theory, we're almost certainly at end game. It's going to be incredibly hard for town to lynch a scum because scum only need a couple of townies to be swayed and they've got it in the bag.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Tirade posted:

Keep in mind that barring Gough's really out there "no scum" theory, we're almost certainly at end game. It's going to be incredibly hard for town to lynch a scum because scum only need a couple of townies to be swayed and they've got it in the bag.

So what you're saying is that Sulla's really pushing to start lynching very specific players?

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

OK so let's hammer Gough and gently caress off home early? Either he is scum and we can go from there or we close up shop on a dead afternoon and stop wasting our time

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

OK so let's hammer Gough and gently caress off home early? Either he is scum and we can go from there or we close up shop on a dead afternoon and stop wasting our time

Tirade posted:

Hmmmmmm

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
For what it's worth I think gough is the town doctor as he claims. I also backed mmg to the hilt yesterday, and lo and behold he was town as well. This push on Gough is madness.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
##vote Anidav

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Its literally just me and 3 scum posting now so I'm going to go to bed but just in case, I'm golden mushroom (no idea if that's a real character) innocent town and my worthless role is that if I don't vote one day someone announces to the thread that I'm clean. Which I haven't bothered using because only scum would bother acting like I'm anything other than the worlds shittest townie

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

yeah im getting tired of this too. I'd like to go about my sunday.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Tirade posted:

For what it's worth I think gough is the town doctor as he claims. I also backed mmg to the hilt yesterday, and lo and behold he was town as well. This push on Gough is madness.

And im also inclined to believe Gough being doctor too.

whos not posting?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Votecount for Day 5

Gough Suppressant (4): Sulla-Marius 88, Splode, black_tangled, everythingWasBees
Tirade (1): Kommando
Gwynplaine (1): Sulla-Marius 88, Sulla-Marius 88, Old Dirty Cumburgs
Fruity Gordo (1): Tirade, Kommando, Kommando
everythingWasBees (0): Old Dirty Cumburgs, Old Dirty Cumburgs
Old Dirty Cumburgs (0): Old Dirty Cumburgs, Old Dirty Cumburgs
Anidav (0): Tirade, Sulla-Marius 88, Tirade, Sulla-Marius 88, black_tangled, Old Dirty Cumburgs, black_tangled, Old Dirty Cumburgs

Not Voting (8): Anidav, bell jar, Fruity Gordo, Gough Suppressant, Gwynplaine, Lid, Mithranderp, whats for dinner

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 22nd, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 10 hours, 33 minutes.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Its literally just me and 3 scum posting now so I'm going to go to bed but just in case, I'm golden mushroom (no idea if that's a real character) innocent town and my worthless role is that if I don't vote one day someone announces to the thread that I'm clean. Which I haven't bothered using because only scum would bother acting like I'm anything other than the worlds shittest townie

Cray cray role, but I believe you.

I'm sorry that this is so taxing on you. I've just accepted that the game is bullshit. But last night I was pretty burnt out on it.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Tirade posted:

Yeah

Like what the actual gently caress is going on here?

Tirade's role claim is backed up by confirmed town evidence. Anidav's one is made of hopes and dreams, as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

I'll swap between Gough tirade and ODC for a hammer, nobody else.

• Locked thread