Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I guess all I had to do was bitch about not having one, finally got a Mab from guild chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Murderion posted:

e:VVV sweet, didn't realize I was in the running. My invite code is Clarion2

The game is telling me "Fenrir 26" and "Clarion2" don't exist. Can someone else in Gem Boiz try inviting them to make sure I'm not crazy?

You guys might want to post screenshots of your invite codes. You'll also need to quit your current guilds if you haven't already.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Bandire posted:

The game is telling me "Fenrir 26" and "Clarion2" don't exist. Can someone else in Gem Boiz try inviting them to make sure I'm not crazy?

You guys might want to post screenshots of your invite codes. You'll also need to quit your current guilds if you haven't already.

Fenrir_26 exists and was invited. Clarion_2 exists but was in another castleguild.

If Fenrir_26 isn't a goon we'll just have to kick them.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Coffeehitler posted:

Fenrir_26 exists and was invited. Clarion_2 exists but was in another castleguild.

Crap, didn't know I had to quit to get invites. I'll leave them just now. (It's Clarion 2 with a space or underdash for an invite code. My guild was the KD_somethingorothers if that helps).

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Murderion posted:

Crap, didn't know I had to quit to get invites. I'll leave them just now. (It's Clarion 2 with a space or underdash for an invite code. My guild was the KD_somethingorothers if that helps).

Invited.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Thanks. I swear I tried that so I probably am crazy.

Murderion you'll need to drop out of your current guild for an invite.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

FUN TIME
Gotcha, in the guild now.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Coffeehitler posted:

Fenrir_26 is me. I'm in! Thanks a ton!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Invite code is Cazaam if any guilds have room for someone new.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

CubicalSucrose posted:

Invite code is Cazaam if any guilds have room for someone new.

Well, you get the spot I was holding for Mandatory Assembly.

If you can join in the next hour and change you'll get full benefit of the crazed rush of guild tasks to start the week.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 17, 2016

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Murderion posted:

It's me, I'm the newbie running a degenerate team of Fire Lizard + traited Luther for tanking.

traited luther is still p useful, and can be pretty sweet if your magic's high

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I saw a defense team of 4x Celestasia*** mythics today and just noped out and went sniffing else where.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Server apology gift is out. 5 gem keys, 1k souls, an Autumnal Imp and some other stuff.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Cool, the Autumnal Imp was the last legendary I was missing.:toot:
Now the only troops I still don't have are Plague, Death and Draakulis.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Can I get on the waitlist for Gem Blossums? The guild I was in was too hardcore for me; I still play the game daily but I couldn't devote 20+ hours a week to meet the requirements.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Disillusionist posted:

Can I get on the waitlist for Gem Blossums? The guild I was in was too hardcore for me; I still play the game daily but I couldn't devote 20+ hours a week to meet the requirements.

What's your invite code? I'm going to boot Mazreal to make room for you. It's been 17+ days since their last activity.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Grundulum posted:

What's your invite code? I'm going to boot Mazreal to make room for you. It's been 17+ days since their last activity.

Disillusionist. Thanks for the invite.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I'm running TAVB as my PVP team for offense but it sucks as a defense team because the computer doesn't know how to play it.

I have the following legendary cards, most are not leveled or traited but I will work on that when I figure out what team to use.

Aborath
Autumnal imp
Behemoth
Borealis
Carnex
Couatl
Crimson Bat
Emperor Khorvash
Kruarg the Dread
Moloch
Orion
Shadow Dragon
The Silent One

What can I build with those and other lower rarity troops and/or weapons. I have Orb Weaver and Warlord classes maxed and the class weapons from them and it says I have 217 unique troops so I should have anything non-legendary/mythic that isn't above.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Abhorath
Khorvash
Crimson Bat
Valkyrie

Once Khorvash is traited he should go in the lead spot, but Abhorath is pretty tanky without traits.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I'll jump on the team build bandwagon since I am in the same situation.

TAVB is almost fully traited, just need some small greens for Treant since I was stupid and traited them away and that is doing fine in offence and explore but defence it is terrible.

So I am looking for a better PvP team if possible and a defence team.

I have

War

Autumnal Imp
Crimson Bat
Emperor Korvash*
Infernal King
Keeper of Souls
Kuarg the Dread
Moloch
Orion
Queen Mab
Sheggra
The Dragon Soul
The Silent One
Venoxia

It feels like Valk and Mab would play nice together or a dragon soul team with Venoxia/Sheggra maybe?

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Mab and Valkyrie do work nicely together. Honestly, with Valkyrie you can pick three other water troops (making sure Valkyrie isn't mana-blocked) and have a pretty good team.

I used:

Knight Coronet
Queen Mab
Valkyrie
Druid

for a long time. Khorvash is superior to Coronet but I didnt use him because he just feels cheap.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Most PvP defense builds suck (don't sweat it, it's not that important anyways), your best bets are mana drain and true damage, which are both pretty good on defense. Any combination of Khorvash, Spirit Fox, Manticore, Crimson Bat, Knight Coronet, Astral Spirit and Queen Mab or Psion plus mana-fillers like Valkyrie, Soothsayer and Mercy will work, but unless they're fully traited you are not gonna win much.

i.e.

Khorvash
Valkyrie
Lady Anariel (she's actually pretty decent, too)
Spirit Fox

edit: Banner always red/yellow to fill up Valkyrie, maybe the Dragon Claw banner if you don't need Brown (and I guess you don't have Khorvash)

Also refer to this video for additional ideas, it has defense teams for all level ranges: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmQK9eQxxqo

edit2: Also finally a Whitehelm event! Been waiting to get Celestasia and Moloch (even though he's pretty outdated by now) forever. Took me only 20 event keys, too. One step closer to my ideal Dragon Soul pvp farming team.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 17, 2016

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Disillusionist posted:

Abhorath
Khorvash
Crimson Bat
Valkyrie

Once Khorvash is traited he should go in the lead spot, but Abhorath is pretty tanky without traits.

Awesome thanks. I have Abhorath in the 1st position for now as he is max level but no traits. Korvash is not max level yet but has the first trait.

Anyone know if the guild already has say the red bonus from getting to level 12 and its active for 6 days will it stack another 6 days if you get it to 12 again?

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I think I will work on

Korvash*
Mab
Valk***
Mercy

Time for farm up 12 Shield stones for Kor :black101:

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

duckfarts posted:

traited luther is still p useful, and can be pretty sweet if your magic's high

He's good, but by the time the lizard is done farting flaming death over everything, the attack boost is pretty much unnecessary. Can anyone recommend a good red/white gem maker at UR or lower? I'm using Banshee for now.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Hellcat does conversions to red (edit nvm he's epic too), Jarl does both yellow and red at legenday, Mercy is probably the best yellow creator but at epic. Alchemist does yellow conversions at rare.

edit: http://ashtender.com/gems/troops?filter=transform you can also search for create to find a few more. There's also Courage and Humility which are both good creators for their color.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 17, 2016

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

So what do you do with gems after getting one of the 500 gem armors? Just gem keys?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Relentless posted:

So what do you do with gems after getting one of the 500 gem armors? Just gem keys?

You may want to get the other 500-gem armor eventually. Buy Dragon first to get your kingdoms to level 10, then buy Celestial for the soul bonus as you work on 1/3/5 stars of power, then switch back to Dragon for the end game.

Beyond that, slowly build up a buffer of 700 or so gems so that you can buy event keys if you ever really need them. Other than that, yeah, gem keys out the wazoo.

Also,
http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/new-kingdom-incoming/13987
New kingdom coming soonTM.

Edit: "soonTM" apparently means "in the next two to three weeks". Also, it appears that spending keys doesn't have a confirmation screen. I just twitched and accidentally spent 30 event keys I was saving towards the new kingdom. poo poo.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Oct 18, 2016

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
oh cool i'm like 16-0 who needs scouting

oh cool this guy has Gorgatha***, Death***, Famine***, and another Death***

<immediately retreats>

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Grundulum posted:

Dragging this out from the past because Mazreal has been inactive for 14 days. If you will post the two invite codes, I will boot Mazreal and add you both.

Mazreal, let me know if you're still playing.

Hot dog.

Could you invite NORF and BADACLAVA1 please?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Fun team time:

Soothsayer***
Valkyrie***
Justice
Queen Mab***

lion banner

Use Valkyrie to set up a board with a reasonable amount of blues, cast Mab, and loop with Justice used on skulls to make things die, since you end up with upwards of +50 attack and health depending on the matchup. Even if Justice misses it's cast, since the enemy team is completely frozen most of the time, they can't take advantage of it. All around fun times.

e#1: Also new patch will probably have legendary tasks after you complete all normal ones (why did they implement the new guild system in the first place then?) and hero cosmetics.

e#2: Souls cap is going to be raised from 40 to 60, necromancy trait is going to increase that cap further, but reduced to 25% to compensate. Sound pretty good and will make getting more stars on kingdoms a little less painful.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 20, 2016

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Mandatory Assembly posted:

Hot dog.

Could you invite NORF and BADACLAVA1 please?

Uh, you went radio silent for several days, and more people wanted into one of the goon guilds. We're at 30/30 again.

We do have someone with two weeks of inactivity (Bondski) who could be booted to make room for one of you. If Gem Boiz also has an opening, we can switch a guild member from Blossums to Boiz (or vice versa) to open up two slots in one of the guilds. Can someone in Gem Boiz comment?

Best I can do. :shobon:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

We've got some folks that are barely playing beyond logging in and collecting poo poo, but nobody that's totally inactive.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Grundulum posted:

Uh, you went radio silent for several days, and more people wanted into one of the goon guilds. We're at 30/30 again.

We do have someone with two weeks of inactivity (Bondski) who could be booted to make room for one of you. If Gem Boiz also has an opening, we can switch a guild member from Blossums to Boiz (or vice versa) to open up two slots in one of the guilds. Can someone in Gem Boiz comment?

Best I can do. :shobon:

I would complain but I was on holiday in Italy so that hardly seems appropriate.

I'll wait for the next slot.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Mandatory Assembly posted:

I would complain but I was on holiday in Italy so that hardly seems appropriate.

I'll wait for the next slot.

Well, at least we have your invite codes the next time there are openings.

Winterfresh
Sep 11, 2004

Pro.
Been playing this non-stop recently. Please add "JIMMY 106" if/when possible. Thanks!

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Mandatory Assembly and Winterfresh, both goon guilds are full right now. I really recommend you join a pubbie guild while you wait for a slot in one of ours. The bonuses are much too valuable to lose out on week after week.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Maybe we should consider bringing back the third guild.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Jibo claim your seals OMG! Stop trolling me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Jibo posted:

Maybe we should consider bringing back the third guild.

Sure seems like there's enough interest to get one together.