Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Don't stand in your bubble like a retard in pvp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, stand just outside of it so you're protected and any supers that hit it won't kill you.

And never ever put it in the doorway behind B on exodus blue because goons will cry about it forever.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

moist turtleneck posted:

Or in PvE :v:
http://i.imgur.com/CYSETib.gifv

xzzy posted:

Yeah, stand just outside of it so you're protected and any supers that hit it won't kill you.

And never ever put it in the doorway behind B on exodus blue because goons will cry about it forever.

tbf we cry about everything

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hahaha I never noticed I was in that, blissfully unaware of what was going on. :downs:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

when your bro is high AF on painkillers so you know you gotta watch his back

http://i.imgur.com/ESIF3YU.gifv

watching schmeo's back is a group effort

http://i.imgur.com/wWHgZfP.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/kOeBEVd.gifv

e: but sometimes you just need to shoot him in the head. :v:

http://i.imgur.com/2gMxTZQ.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 22, 2016

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I did a dumb thing earlier regarding a bubble. Some dudes dropped one on the heavy spawn and me being overly eager popped golden gun then ran inside figuring even if it was a blinding bubble I'd get a couple of guys with combustion. NOPE, they saw me coming and someone dropped a shadowshot inside the bubble right before I charged in. I promptly desupered and was beaten to death by my obvious betters. I really hate playing hunter in pvp, I just do all sorts of dumb stuff because I'm not as comfortable with the skillset.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

8th-snype posted:

I did a dumb thing earlier regarding a bubble. Some dudes dropped one on the heavy spawn and me being overly eager popped golden gun then ran inside figuring even if it was a blinding bubble I'd get a couple of guys with combustion. NOPE, they saw me coming and someone dropped a shadowshot inside the bubble right before I charged in. I promptly desupered and was beaten to death by my obvious betters. I really hate playing hunter in pvp, I just do all sorts of dumb stuff because I'm not as comfortable with the skillset.

Two goldy shots to down the bubble from the outside, third into someone in there. Combustion should take care of the rest.

http://i.imgur.com/kCylrdk.gifv

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

That's good though, use gift of the void

So that's how you're generating all those orbs. I always wondered.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

marauderthirty posted:

So that's how you're generating all those orbs. I always wondered.

Bubble by default generates two, alpha lupi generates a third, and bubble being destroyed by enemies generates an additional three.

Other sources of orbs are heavy weapon kills or melee kills while force barrier is up but you don't see those too often in crucible.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That and iron harvest and whatever the punch one is

Beaten barely

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I run the punch one in pve and it's extremely effecient when you have a bunch of thralls around or whatever, but Titan lovely melee in pvp just doesn't work for me as anything other than a last resort.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Do you think there'd be another week with Oryx as the challenge mode before the expansion comes out?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Ularg posted:

Do you think there'd be another week with Oryx as the challenge mode before the expansion comes out?

The final week before rise of iron comes out

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Two goldy shots to down the bubble from the outside, third into someone in there. Combustion should take care of the rest.

http://i.imgur.com/kCylrdk.gifv

That's good to know, I just sort of assumed it would take all three shots to drop the bubble.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

This is asking far too much of a player of my caliber

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Legs Benedict posted:

The final week before rise of iron comes out

Is that too late for it to count for the moments of triumph? Either way I think I'm gonna bust my rear end today and find a group.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

My finest moment.

So what's new since like six months ago or whenever it was I played last? Am I going to be behind on the treadmill if I try to pick this back up for RoI?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...nt-process.aspx

Lots of raid stuff, some of which have already been discussed into the ground (voice chat, matchmaking, team unity and how they affect raid design) and some hints about the new one.

quote:

On the difficulty scale, where does it fit next to existing raids?
We’ll see. It’s hard. It’s largely a function of what your light level is versus the raid. King’s Fall has this property of where even if you’re over-leveling the mechanics don’t get easier so it still maintains this high difficulty, which at the time we felt was a virtue because people specifically wanted it and had been asking for it, and I think maybe now the community might be ready for something a little different that they can actually overlevel and get some mastery over.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
My fifth shell

gently caress rank 5 I am gunna wallow at 4 next time

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

quote:

As a team we have to see what the long-term vision is and believe in it, it takes a certain amount of self-confidence that this piece of poo poo can turn into something great.

Without a hint of sarcasm, I think that's a smart outlook on game design in general and it makes me confident in the future of Destiny.

That was a really nice interview.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The annoying thing is everyone knows whats needed to make it great, they just dont do it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Akumu posted:

My finest moment.

So what's new since like six months ago or whenever it was I played last? Am I going to be behind on the treadmill if I try to pick this back up for RoI?

You'll be fine if you just want to come back for RoI

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Akumu posted:

From the footage so far it seems base level difficulty will be level 38 so if you're at least level 40 you should be fine to start. If it's like TTK your light level shouldn't matter until the higher level post-campaign missions.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

xzzy posted:

Goddamn I don't know a thing about defender lmao *back to storm lock, melees from across the map while bitching about strikers*

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Even if you just came back now and opened all your loot boxes and burned through the rep boosters running some CoE, finishing up quests, doing a few strikes and running some pvp you'll probably hit 320 or 330 fairly easily.

Put the strange coins into 3 of coins and bank your exotic engrams and you'll be good to go.

Its probably worth logging in just to buy the vendor hawksaw if you dont already have one for when you do come back or picking up a pdx45 order etc from the gunsmith.

Id also advise buying a bunch of weapon parts when you have 25k glimmer and a bunch of materials when you hit 200 marks because theres little more annoying than wanting to infuse or upgrade new stuff and having like 3 helium filaments and 80 of everything else.

That reminds me I really need to empty my vault of the poo poo I've accumlated. A whole bunch of ARs and fusions I just chucked in there and never took out again.

Already had an invite to a group for tournaments etc when custom matches start in RoI. Should be some cool stuff when it comes about.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Even if you just came back now and opened all your loot boxes and burned through the rep boosters running some CoE, finishing up quests, doing a few strikes and running some pvp you'll probably hit 320 or 330 fairly easily.

Put the strange coins into 3 of coins and bank your exotic engrams and you'll be good to go.

For what it's worth I did basically exactly this when I came back last Thursday and went from 314 to 326 over the weekend.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
6 shells

gently caress off Bungie

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
d-d-d-d-dinky nuts

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

d-d-d-d-dinky nuts

blaze it

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

It's not bad, gets some work done. I'd rather run MIDA for TLW for 3's but its pretty effective in 6's so long as I manage my distance correctly.

Had a lot of fun in the Control playlist last night with a couple of bros. Not nearly the lag we saw in this round of IB. Just loving around and tbagging literally all of our kills even if we were losing or if said bagging would get us killed. Mostly we just bagged each other. Holy loving poo poo do people just lose their god drat minds when you do that. The 3 of us got a ton of messages and I'm 99% sure one guy was so loving mad he DoS'd us one by one over the course of 30 minutes. (join and instantly leave our party a few times and one of us would instantly get weaseled right after).

e:

The top guy on their team

The two people who quit our team with a collective 26 deaths didn't help. :v:

Always Be Baggin

http://i.imgur.com/A5eIAc4.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/Y79Ttxz.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 23, 2016

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I only teabag when I'm doing terrible, for maximum rage

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

i am not the first to teabag, but when i am teabagged i will relentlessly hunt down my assailant the rest of the match and teabag them slowly, forcefully, make them savor it

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ohrwurm posted:

i am not the first to teabag, but when i am teabagged i will relentlessly hunt down my assailant the rest of the match and teabag them slowly, forcefully, make them savor it

They won if you aren't the first.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I have every paddle on my elite set to bag.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

They won if you aren't the first.

They may have won, but I'm not the one with a face slathered in taint sweat

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I once got a guy to ragequit by sitting on his ghost. He threw down the gauntlet with the first teabag, and for the rest of the game I beat him in every 1v1 and bagged him to hell and back. Towards the end I decided to up the ante by sitting down and a few seconds later a message popped up that they left the game.

:smug:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Bag everything. Bag assists too.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Bag Squad Best Squad

Adbot