Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

Me five minutes in: "Yay Alex and Sarah are going to hook up!"

Me fifteen minutes in: "Well. Well that escalated quickly :stare:"

Uuuuugh...I've been catching up on "Legends of Tomorrow," and while it's awesome that they have a gay female main character, the whole "LOL Sara's banging ANOTHER GIRL!!!" trope is getting really stale for me.

e: To clarify, I don't have much patience for, "(male main character X) is banging ANOTHER GIRL!!!" either.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder if the whole "Kara from Earth X has super skin cancer some condition a heart transplant will cure that was caused from getting too much yellow sun" will come up again on Supergirl.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Holy poo poo the church fight was awesome.

Basically everything about this was awesome. Also, its totally cool to kill nazis guys, don't feel bad for them. Too bad Cynthia and Josh couldn't show up. I'd have loved to of seen Machete kill some Nazis.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I care way too much about the love lives of two fictional lesbians.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Nevermind

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
It's so unnecessary they made Earth-X a 53rd Earth instead of Earth-10.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Majorian posted:

Uuuuugh...I've been catching up on "Legends of Tomorrow," and while it's awesome that they have a gay female main character, the whole "LOL Sara's banging ANOTHER GIRL!!!" trope is getting really stale for me.

e: To clarify, I don't have much patience for, "(male main character X) is banging ANOTHER GIRL!!!" either.

They've pulled way back on that this season. She didn't even make a pass at Helen of Troy!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Majorian posted:

Honestly, Sara Lance: Time Bisexual is more a fan thing than an actual show thing. Last season, for instance, Sara had one roll in the sheets with Marie Antoinette and exchanged meaningful looks with Guinevere, and that's about it.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Glad to see something happen between the two shows lesbians, finally.

That Church fight scene was Nuckin' Futz, man.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

They've pulled way back on that this season. She didn't even make a pass at Helen of Troy!

Helen was straight as a line tho. Still love the sassy wink Sarah gave her

Here's a question. Nyssa is still alive and Sarah is bopping around the time steam. She worked at a bed bath and beyond ffs. Why hasn't she looked up her Not-Wife yet?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

howe_sam posted:

Selachian posted:

Honestly, Sara Lance: Time Bisexual is more a fan thing than an actual show thing. Last season, for instance, Sara had one roll in the sheets with Marie Antoinette and exchanged meaningful looks with Guinevere, and that's about it.

Eh, I guess. I think I was kind of hoping that her meeting Alex would thwart expectations and weird prurient fan service-ness, and just have them be friends who both happen to like girls but don't want to bone each other.

But that wouldn't be CW superhero writing, now, would it?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Selachian posted:

Didn't she also basically introduce lesbianism in Salem, and almost get hanged for witchcraft as a result?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

ShakeZula posted:

Didn't she also basically introduce lesbianism in Salem, and almost get hanged for witchcraft as a result?

Why isn't Sara Lance finger guns not an emote?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I need to go back and watch the opening of this episode again. That was a fun way to introduce everyone and set the scene for what's about to happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I watched the Alex/Sarah make out a few times. I want them to be a regular thing so much.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I watched the Alex/Sarah make out a few times. I want them to be a regular thing so much.

Yeah, I'd be down with them having a relationship or whatever. It wouldn't even need to be something that lasted forever, but I just kind of want to see growth in Sara. I've been a bit disappointed with her character since she stopped regularly appearing on "Arrow."

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Majorian posted:

I see your point, but I prefer this to shows making queer characters super well-behaved and mostly chaste. I don't know if it's a respectability politics thing or what, but it seems like many queer characters are that in name only...their relationships aren't on screen, or if they are, it's some sanitary monogamous situation that doesn't offend.

Sarah Lance being down for uncomplicated sex with women is great. Alex being a drunk mess who's coping with her breakup by loving is also great. I support this decision. I support all these decisions.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sara is the type that's just generally up for a roll in the hay with someone they fancy. There's nothing wrong with that as long as they don't go overboard with it (and to be fair, they haven't all that much). Alex just got out of a bad breakup and got with Sara on a drunken rebound. It's super fanbaity, but at the same time, it at least makes sense for both of them to do what they did.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Sassy Assassin.

Oh poo poo Lanvers takedown

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

Any chance we get an Earth X Ragman?

Well Ragman was jewish, so he probably already got holocausted on the Nazi earth.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

Sara is the type that's just generally up for a roll in the hay with someone they fancy. There's nothing wrong with that as long as they don't go overboard with it (and to be fair, they haven't all that much). Alex just got out of a bad breakup and got with Sara on a drunken rebound. It's super fanbaity, but at the same time, it at least makes sense for both of them to do what they did.

They're incredibly similar so I don't think it's a surprise they'd at least go at it once or twice (or three times :haw:).

The thing about Sarah is she's the captain of a time ship and a very strong/outspoken personality. We joke about Time Bisexual but if she's not buckling swashes up and down the timestream then things aren't very realistic imo.

Woden
May 6, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I wonder if the whole "Kara from Earth X has super skin cancer some condition a heart transplant will cure that was caused from getting too much yellow sun" will come up again on Supergirl.

SS Supergirl had so many midichlorians that they were all a bit freaked out by it. I'm betting she was juicing, so it shouldn't be a problem for Supergirl.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

nooneofconsequence posted:

lol Sara backhanded tossed an arrow into a dude

she did a very similar thing in the last crossover :getin:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
also 'how's your butt?' or 'i am a horrible, terrible...guy!' would be good thread titles, just saying.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Woden posted:

SS Supergirl had so many midichlorians that they were all a bit freaked out by it. I'm betting she was juicing, so it shouldn't be a problem for Supergirl.

Sounds like they pulled a page from "all star superman" and implied that kara flew to close to the sun and got overloaded on solar power. It caused superman to start to die in the comic too.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

hangedman1984 posted:

Well Ragman was jewish, so he probably already got holocausted on the Nazi earth.

That's why I was hoping we'd see him.

Also Ragman was the best and I miss him.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Xealot posted:

I see your point, but I prefer this to shows making queer characters super well-behaved and mostly chaste. I don't know if it's a respectability politics thing or what, but it seems like many queer characters are that in name only...their relationships aren't on screen, or if they are, it's some sanitary monogamous situation that doesn't offend.

Sarah Lance being down for uncomplicated sex with women is great. Alex being a drunk mess who's coping with her breakup by loving is also great. I support this decision. I support all these decisions.

Yeah, but my criticism isn't about non-straight people hooking up on TV; I'm down with that. It's focused on how Sara in particular is written. I like Alex hooking up at a wedding; poor girl needs it, and you're right, the "queer characters need to be chaste" trope needs to die. But I'm not a big fan of the "All Gays Are Promiscuous" trope either, and I kind of feel like Sara's been stuck in that rut for a while. So like I said, if it turned into them being in a relationship or something, I'd be all for that. I just want Sara to grow a little bit more, because I'm not really impressed with her in "Legends."

Majorian fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 28, 2017

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Great episode, but the best part of the episode was clearly William Katt as the preacher. Greatest American Hero was a staple of my childhood.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Majorian posted:

Yeah, but my criticism isn't about non-straight people hooking up on TV; I'm down with that. It's focused on how Sara in particular is written. I like Alex hooking up at a wedding; poor girl needs it, and you're right, the "queer characters need to be chaste" trope needs to die. But I'm not a big fan of the "All Gays Are Promiscuous" trope either, and I kind of feel like Sara's been stuck in that rut for a while. So like I said, if it turned into them being in a relationship or something, I'd be all for that. I just want Sara to grow a little bit more, because I'm not really impressed with her in "Legends."
Eh, Sara the character was promiscuous long before she was ever outed/realized as a bisexual. I mean she slept with her sister's fiance, for gently caress's sake.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mortanis posted:

Great episode, but the best part of the episode was clearly William Katt as the preacher.

gonna be honest the fact he got instantly vaporized and no one seemed to care or mentioned it again was pretty hilarious

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Maxwell Lord posted:

Marvel comics exist in the Legendsverse

There have already been a few references to Marvel comics this season. I think one of them was on the Flash when they were talking about Caitlyn changing into Killer Frost when she became angry, and someone said something along the lines of "so, you're like the incredible Hulk?" or something.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
But yeah, that episode was basically everything I wished for and more. The sillyness of everyone discussing RSVPing the wedding while fighting, the brutality of Guardian's execution, Sara's face suddenly changing into hunter mode when she realized Alex was into girls, the insane church fight with everyone fighting their evil twin and the mere existence of a parallel nazi earth with evil versions of every superhero It was all over the place and it was a lovely mess.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I watched Justice League yesterday and it’s honestly a little bit sad how much better this schlocky CW drama was than that.

I honestly got just a little bit verklempt when Kara started singing.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Why were half the time idiots not at the wedding?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Mr Beens posted:

Why were half the time idiots not at the wedding?

Well, Nate, Amaya, and Zari aren’t really close friends with Barry or Iris.

And Ray was there. He was just so tiny you couldn’t see him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Well, Nate, Amaya, and Zari aren’t really close friends with Barry or Iris.

And Ray was there. He was just so tiny you couldn’t see him.

Well, assumably Nate got to know Iris quite well in the three months he was temping for her on Team Kid Flash while Barry was in the Speed Force. Although Nate is a dumbass, so he probably forgot her name or something, and that’s why he no-showed them.

The real answer is the actors were filming stuff for actual Legends episodes at the time. They’ll be showing up for parts 3 and 4 though once the crew gets back from Earth-X.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

The real answer is the actors were filming stuff for actual Legends episodes at the time. They’ll be showing up for parts 3 and 4 though once the crew gets back from Earth-X.

but what if they don't make it :ohdear:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, Alex's face as she was scootching out of the bed. I think that's destined to become one of the great reaction gifs for the ages.
https://i.imgur.com/xQOz8z6.gifv

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
So is Kara-X the Furhur?