Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Thank you for everything Edmond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

CommonShore posted:

lol no she pulled mount against Carano.

people talk about this like it somehow "proves" that shes bad. Like... come on...

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009

CommonShore posted:

lol no she pulled mount against Carano.

Whatever, Pulled mount, pulled guard, pulled permits.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Ronda Rousey is the best female athlete we've seen EVER.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Cyborg can't stop juicing, and is too dumb to get away with it, so any hypothetical vs. Cyborg is a big "so what? to me.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Cyborg pulled out of every theoretical fight she's going to be booked to have in Japan because she's taken so many steroids that her quads spontaneously pull apart like a zip

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Cyborg vs the USADA/NSAC sounds like fun

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

chaleski posted:

Worse bet than Rousey vs. garbage coaching IMO.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Crazy to wonder what if. Would she have failed the test prefight or postfight?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

No Don Bradman, article is bullshit

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

chaleski posted:

if that gets streamed it's going to be an all time great hearing, cyborg crying while making minutes long impassioned speeches in portuguese and then ray elbe leans over to the mic and says "she said uh don't be scared homie. sea level cain. i will fight ronda at a catchweight"

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

Crazy to wonder what if. Would she have failed the test prefight or postfight?

lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its kind of a shame that the Rousey mess has over shadowed Garbrandts win.

After seeing cruz and dillashaw earlier last year I thought we'd see another out pointing and all lol at a tattooed man getting lit up by a dancing handsome man with no knees.

I have always been curious as to what would happen if someone was accurate enough, patient enough and powerful enough to ignore the feints and punish cruz when he was flat footed in his stance switching and leaning as he does and I really didnt think Bucholz could put together that kind of game plan for garbrant.

loving masterful poo poo and the kind of stuff I love to see in mma. A wild brawl is fun but seeing someone get figured out by a guy with unique skills and have their reign ended is always incredibly cool.

I feel a little bad for Ronda, but at some point when your family, friends and literally everyone in mma media tells you exactly where your flaws are and why they exist and you remain tone deaf to it. Its kind of your own fault.

Unlearning bad habits in martial arts is extremely difficult but to make no visible adjustment to your game facing a striker, after getting merked by a striker is insanely dumb and kind of shows a level of hubris you dont often see.

It throws a huge wrench into the UFCs plans and I bet Conor was laughing his rear end off after the main event which is pretty amazing.

An Irish 155 pound plumber now holds the keys to the kingdom. Conor McGregor part UFC owner has a nice ring to it.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'll sum up this so called legitimate argument on Something Awful about Ronda being able to beat Floyd Mayweather

Someone: "Ronda could beat Floyd"
Everyone else: "That's dumb, you're dumb."

This forum isn't Sherdog.

Multiple people on this forum were convinced Ronda could beat a man in her weight class

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

BlindSite posted:

Its kind of a shame that the Rousey mess has over shadowed Garbrandts win.
It only overshadowed it in the eyes of fairweather mainstream dopes and clueless rubberneckers, no one who actually likes UFC and watches it on purpose thinks it was more important than the excellent co-main event

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I am really curious to see how Dom adjusts. We've never had to see him go back to the drawing board, and if he can come back stronger than ever and resume dominance I'll be extremely impressed. But honestly I think he'll just do the same old thing (with reasonable success) despite his very analytical approach to fighting - I don't expect him to radically evolve.

Dom didn't do a whole lot that was impressive in that fight. He got brutally tooled. But in the first he shot a takedown that was nearly impossibly fast. Garbrandt scrambled and nothing came of it, but that loving shot was crazy.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Belle Isle Tech posted:

When that topic first came up a couple years ago here, myself and others would ask why people thought Cyborg's brute strength and aggressiveness would not help her win that hypothetical fight and people like 1st AD would answer ad nauseam that Cyborg Pulled Guard Against Gina Carano, as if that put the conversation to rest completely. Like Manyak said it's a moot point now since the fight will never happen, but I wonder if people will stop repeating that like it's a meme.

Cyborg is bad, also it's clear now that Ronda can't take a punch or defend punches at all nor could she ever improve upon that while training the way she does.

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo

Marching Powder posted:

Dom didn't do a whole lot that was impressive in that fight. He got brutally tooled.

The last part is a bit unfair to Cruz I think. Rounds 1 and 2 were somewhat close and he won round 5. He definitely got tooled in rounds 3 and 4 but it wasn't a one sided beat down all the way through like Dillashaw/Barao.

I was super impressed with Cody's movement. I didn't think he had that kind of evasion. I can't wait for him to fight Dillashaw.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Someone in the GDT thread said it the best, IMO: Dominick Cruz is not a come from behind fighter (sorry Garbrandt). He wins by being firmly in control for the entire duration of a fight and if he can't address why his offense was ineffective against Cody then he has no threatening x-factor attribute that will bail him out once already in the hole. This realistically won't change and Cruz will probably have to find some other weird movement pattern to exploit (or at least something more suited to his style and skillset).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sleep with the vicious posted:

Multiple people on this forum were convinced Ronda could beat a man in her weight class

I still believe this and its proof of what an awesome punchwoman Amanda Nunes is. She could beat up 3 Fabers standing on their shoulders

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Cruz will beat John Lineker, but then after that he's either gonna fight cody or tj again and is gonna lose again. either way his next two fights are gonna go a combined 50 minutes and he wins 6 total rounds.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Cruz might also take this payday and settle into a broadcaster role. A steady paycheck and no head trauma probably looks better than trying to climb the mountain after your game has been passed by the next generation of fighters.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Trast posted:

Cruz might also take this payday and settle into a broadcaster role. A steady paycheck and no head trauma probably looks better than trying to climb the mountain after your game has been passed by the next generation of fighters.

He might. Who could blame him?

Then again he's smart but he's also a very game fighter.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
A Wild RONDA ROUSEY Appears!

quote:

“I want to say thank you to all of my fans who have been there for me in not only the greatest moments but in the most difficult ones. Words cannot convey how much your love and support means to me.

“Returning to not just fighting, but winning, was my entire focus this past year. However, sometimes -- even when you prepare and give everything you have and want something so badly -- it doesn't work how you planned. I take pride in seeing how far the women's division has come in the UFC and commend all the other women who have been part of making this possible, including Amanda.

“I need to take some time to reflect and think about the future. Thank you for believing in me and understanding.”

Wild RONDA ROUSEY Fled!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Maybe don't take some goddamn time after losing a fight and this wouldn't be happening??

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
that sounds like retirement talk I M O

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Maybe don't take some goddamn time after losing a fight and this wouldn't be happening??

Or you know, when dealing with high level strikers move to a camp with high level striking coaching. Holm and her are two sides of the same pod - striker with no grappling vs grappler with no striking, except Holm comes from an actual camp making her terrible grappling much more bizarre.

Though this does contribute to the old old argument than Ronda is to Womens MMA as Royce as to Early UFC. The games moved on but they're still one dimensional which worked during their time but eventually things caught up and they couldn't adjust.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Also lol they're still going through with the Holm 145 coronation even though, with Cyborg gone and Ronda not being there for the obviously planned title vs title fight, there is literally no one left to fight after this one fight. What a shitshow of a division.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Curious to see who wins between Rousey / carano at rizin nye 2044

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Lid posted:

Also lol they're still going through with the Holm 145 coronation even though, with Cyborg gone and Ronda not being there for the obviously planned title vs title fight, there is literally no one left to fight after this one fight. What a shitshow of a division.

mo belts mo money

Marching Powder posted:

Curious to see who wins between Rousey / carano at rizin nye 2044

Curious what weight class that might be at

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Cody Garbrandt is dumb as poo poo, but Good as gently caress

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Cody Garbrandt is dumb as poo poo, but Good as gently caress

For a guy who has the look, personality and before the fight actions of being a red blooded head hunter like a more talented Mike Perry it turns out hes loving methodical in the cage.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
No, what are you talking about?

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

mewse posted:

Actually kinda concerning that Goldberg's son is saying the UFC is burying Goldberg. I guess we'll find out in 2017 what Goldberg's new job is and why there might be acrimony. Dana wouldn't comment on why he's leaving.

Supposedly the new owners didn't care for Goldberg/Rogan one bit.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Yeah prior to this I knew he hit hard as gently caress with good accuracy but I hadn't acknowledged his footwork as anything to write home about. It's so loving subtle but he just wanted for Cruz to flail into where he wanted him and cracked him, and he was never at home when Cruz went low with kicks. It was a pretty masterful display I compare very favourably to Aldo / Frankie 2 and considering the success lineker, a baby man, had landing on TJ, I fully expect Cody to give TJ a world of trouble and will be betting with Cody unless he's a significant favourite.

Manyak is the only person I remember calling it real early and much respect for that degree of prescience. Cody is real loving good.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Nibbles! posted:

Supposedly the new owners didn't care for Goldberg/Rogan one bit.

Yeah we bought that successful restaurant but we didn't like any of the staff

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

Yeah prior to this I knew he hit hard as gently caress with good accuracy but I hadn't acknowledged his footwork as anything to write home about. It's so loving subtle but he just wanted for Cruz to flail into where he wanted him and cracked him, and he was never at home when Cruz went low with kicks. It was a pretty masterful display I compare very favourably to Aldo / Frankie 2 and considering the success lineker, a baby man, had landing on TJ, I fully expect Cody to give TJ a world of trouble and will be betting with Cody unless he's a significant favourite.

Manyak is the only person I remember calling it real early and much respect for that degree of prescience. Cody is real loving good.

I picked Cody gently caress Cruz

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

mewse posted:

Yeah we bought that successful restaurant but we didn't like any of the staff

What

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I'm the guy saying "I'd love to see that" when Edmond says he wants to fight Jose Aldo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

I picked Cody gently caress Cruz

Please accept my late congratulations. You'll be happy to know it's as worthless as my timely congratulations.

• Locked thread