Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Judging by the mixed reaction from people, I suspect they'll be pretty easy to get, especially since they'll show up in Target too. It's an easy pass for me, especially since I feel the NECA turtles are some of the most perfect figures ever made. Happy for those that want this set.

For me they look cool just not my thing. I’m waiting for the other NECA Target wave 3 and sticking to that line. I will snatch up a Movie Casey Jones/Raphael set in a sec though if I can find one.

That City Demon Predator they showed today looked pretty sweet though

https://twitter.com/neca_toys/status/1280884936900333568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
My first grade teacher once played Coming Out of Their Shells for the class.

Even at that age I thought it was weird.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
HasbroPulse has promised a "big" Marvel Legends reveal on the website on Friday at 11 AM EST. I'm expecting they'll show a HasLab Sentinel, and maybe other X-Men stuff.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

I always thought that Coming Out of Our Shells rocked. I still have my cassette tape, ripped it about a year ago... It's pretty good. You Can Count on Us is a pretty kickass song. And this is coming from a die hard death metal guy.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

HasbroPulse has promised a "big" Marvel Legends reveal on the website on Friday at 11 AM EST. I'm expecting they'll show a HasLab Sentinel, and maybe other X-Men stuff.
"oops all wolverines"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Fingers crossed for a HoX/PoX set. I need a creepy helmet Xavier, cool new Cyclops, and Apocalypse in a suit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I need a white suit Emma Frost drat it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I need a white suit Emma Frost drat it.

Then you will want to get the SDCC set.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Then you will want to get the SDCC set.

Ooh. Has something already been revealed, or are you dropping the knowledge for us?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I need like 4 different Emma costumes yesterday. She has such bad luck in action figures.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I just want a Watcher :( I remember seeing the Marvel Select one at Tower Records back in 2006 and thinking that he would stick around. Then they announced the re-release only to cancel it again five years ago.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

Ooh. Has something already been revealed, or are you dropping the knowledge for us?

I bet it’s a Hellfire Club box, based on the Sebastian Shaw shoe teased last month.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Louisgod posted:

I bet it’s a Hellfire Club box, based on the Sebastian Shaw shoe teased last month.

That makes sense with the army builder releases they are doing on Pulse. People have been clamoring for Hellfire Guards since ToyBiz teased them 15 years ago.

Also, does any have the Warlock pieces that came with Sunfire (torso) or Polaris (leg)? I got them both loose not expecting to gather the rest of the parts but ended up with them all anyway.

Havoc904 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 9, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus it's all parts they already have. Typhoid Mary corset, whatever bottoms for Emma. Suits for the guys.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Havoc904 posted:

I just want a Watcher :( I remember seeing the Marvel Select one at Tower Records back in 2006 and thinking that he would stick around. Then they announced the re-release only to cancel it again five years ago.

The reason why the rerelease got canceled is the mold disappeared. Some Marvel Select and evidently Legends molds were either stolen or misplaced. Most of the stuff wasn't that important except for the Watcher.

I am kind of surprised that Hasbro hasn't made one. It is non contraversial unlike Mephisto would sadly be and a huge part of the Marvel Universe.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aphrodite posted:

Typhoid Mary corset, whatever bottoms for Emma. Suits for the guys.

His name is Scott.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

His name is Scott.

*snort*

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The Mondo 1/6 scale Man at Arms is up for sale.

$195 - Mondo Exclusive with alternate snake head and Orko in a Jar: https://mondoshop.com/collections/mastersoftheuniverse/products/man-at-arms-mondo-exclusive-1-6-scale-figure

$190 - Regular version: https://mondoshop.com/collections/mastersoftheuniverse/products/man-at-arms-regular-1-6-scale-figure

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh no, someone made Orko get in the jar. :ohdear:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why is there like 10 different lines of He-Mans?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

BBTS has up a pre-order for Revoltech Amazing Yamaguchi Cable: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/129870

Those guns are appropriately ridiculous

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Why is there like 10 different lines of He-Mans?

There's the Mondo 1/6 scale, MOTU Origins, Mega Construx MOTU, and MOTU Minis. I may be missing more. I think MOTU Classics is over now except for the Snake Mountain.

I loved He-Man when I was a kid, but I just recently started buying He-Man stuff. I started toy collecting too late for MOTU Classics, so I decided to go with the Mondo figures since I could get them all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's also the forthcoming Netflix He Man line.

Edit 1: Who do I harass on Twitter about the lovely distribution on Walmart exclusives? I was able to find all four figures from WWEternia Wave 2 but Wave 1 is going for nearly double retail already.

Edit 2: Been grabbing up some key pieces of lines I had as a kid, planning top put together a cabinet or shelf of vintage bits when we get settled again. Nabbed this guy earlier.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 10, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

$350 26 inch Sentinel is the big announcement, as expected. Comes with a 6 inch Bastion with a Prime Sentinel headswap.

Apparently there's X-Men news on Tuesday which should be the other stuff I guess. Edit: Seems this is specifically about the Fox movie related stuff. They probably have an SDCC reveal planned.

Also confirmed House/Powers of X wave in 2021, I don't know if that's news? No photos.

Also also at the end one of the guys showed a book accessory with the Hellfire Club logo as a teaser.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 10, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aphrodite posted:

$350 26 inch Sentinel is the big announcement, as expected. Comes with a 6 inch Bastion with a Prime Sentinel headswap.

And it’s a Haslab product.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Right, the asterisk.

6 weeks, 6000 backers needed.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Aphrodite posted:

Apparently there's X-Men news on Tuesday which should be the other stuff I guess.

Also confirmed House/Powers of X wave in 2021, I don't know if that's news? No photos.

Also also at the end one of the guys showed a book accessory with the Hellfire Club logo as a teaser.

What are you guys thinking for a HoX/PoX wave? Realistically I’m hoping for:
Xavier w/ helmet
Moira (swappable heads for different lives)
-/A\-
Cyclops (new blue costume)
Jean Grey (Marvel Girl costume)
A revived b-lister like Pyro
Egg/Goldballs BAF

Edit: one of the future timeline sentinel characters would also make a good BAF

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Yeeeeeah I can't not back that Sentinel, gently caress it, I know I'll regret it a year down the line if I don't.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Chill Penguin posted:

Xavier w/ helmet
-/A\-
Egg/Goldballs BAF

I'd imagine a Magneto in his white outfit. Moira and Xavier with the helmet seem like musts.

Updated Pyro would be good, although the toybiz one isn't a bad figure. For me personally, I would like to see an Exodus, Kid Omega or Corsair (they are pretty tangential to the actual House of X series, but were around/on the intro teams). No idea about the BAF, but some form of Krakoa would be neat. Either his treebeard form from the future when he takes over Cypher or a head coming out of the ground.

Really hope we get an animated series version of Morph to go with this sentinel at some point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also confirmed there will be multiple new characters included.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Piratical Kate Pryde, with real corpse action.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I have been thinking about updating the ToyBiz pyro at some point with a modern body. The head and the pack/hands are easily swapped. The biggest issue would be all that yellow.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The great thing about HoX/PoX is that it's a great mix of classic costumes and more updated looks that don't go completely overboard with a redesign. Seems easy to possibly get a Toad, Moira, Lilandra, Rachel Summers and other long wants out of it. Very possible that's where they put the Nimrod figure if they don't announce the rumored Psylocke/Fantomex/Nimrod 3-pack.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Chill Penguin posted:

Xavier w/ helmet
-/A\-
Egg/Goldballs BAF

They’ll probably at least do Rasputin. Maybe white Magneto if they haven’t made one yet. Betsy as Captain Britain would be pretty great.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Xavier w/ helmet
-/A\-
Egg/Goldballs BAF

has there been a Captain Britain Betsy Braddock figure yet

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
One day I hope they make Psylocke in her late '80s purple and pink outfit with the armored corset, mask, hood, and cape. I'm not a Psylocke fanboy, but I always loved that costume.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

Edit 2: Been grabbing up some key pieces of lines I had as a kid, planning top put together a cabinet or shelf of vintage bits when we get settled again. Nabbed this guy earlier.

Aw, I had Max Steele and Hun-dred when I was a kid.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I just had to back that Sentinel. Now I have to find room for a two foot tall toy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

Aw, I had Max Steele and Hun-dred when I was a kid.

My Uncle was a computer nerd well before it was really a thing and he loved robots. He bought me drat near every one of those figures. I had both vehicles and the castle but Wrecker was the first one I ever got. He'll look good next to Dargon and Lion-O.

Joe Fisto posted:

I just had to back that Sentinel. Now I have to find room for a two foot tall toy.

I backed Unicron and since I bailed on Legends I can't justify the Sentinel even if it looks badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sanschel posted:

BBTS has up a pre-order for Revoltech Amazing Yamaguchi Cable: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/129870

Those guns are appropriately ridiculous

Jesus Christ it's like right out of MvC2, where's the Hyper Viper Beam!?