Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Sand Monster posted:

Do you have a gigantic picture of yourself in your living room?

:stare:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

And are you regularly having sexual relations with produce?

:stonk:

I suppose just saying I was single and childless would be more accurate and significantly less damning. I forgot about that 34 poo poo.

edit:

Squashy Nipples posted:

Gary might have unconventional looks, but he must be good looking, because chicks (and gay dudes) dug him back in the day. It wasn't just because he was (tangentially) in radio, because he did way better then other single guys on the show.

Gary was cute then, and he's kind of DILF-y now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Gary looked like a any typical male from NYC in the 80s. He's confident, not creepy and has some money so it's no wonder why he was pulling so much tail.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

YeahTubaMike posted:

Gary was cute then, and he's kind of DILF-y now.

:yikes:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Tim Sabean has been totally cut from the Sternthology for Riley Martin and when someone asked him about it on Twitter he just replied "so petty".

GTD to the rescue.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm 29 living a Robin Quivers-esque lifestyle

Do you own a boat and can't swim?

Edit - I just saw this clip on the HS Reddit of Artie playing a Russian Mobster in a film called Puppet back in the nineties. His acting is Jackie levels of bad. "I've assumed you've been briefed?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBA7zdyVHg4

DeadBonesBrook fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 5, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

Tim Sabean has been totally cut from the Sternthology for Riley Martin and when someone asked him about it on Twitter he just replied "so petty".

GTD to the rescue.

No kidding? Well, at least he was able to say something on the subject. I hope that doesn't get him sued for some crazy NDA poo poo.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Why is Sabean on the outs? gently caress him for screwing with Bubba (who would have imploded anyway.....but still).

Wasn't he a coke head? That would explain why Robin's diet worked for him.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My only knowledge of Tim are his insane making GBS threads habits (or abilities, depending on who you ask).

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Gary looking exactly like John Oates at a time when looking exactly like John Oates would get you a lot of tail is why he got laid a lot.

Also coke.

I would put it more towards coke as John Oates was '80s as gently caress but still could probably pass as normal without the permed hair. Gary, on the other hand....

At first he looks normal, maybe with a very vague hint of being distinguished. But the more you look at him, the weirder he gets. It's like someone put together a Mr. Potato Head of rejected body parts and then threw a goatee on there so maybe people would just see the hair and the goatee and mentally assume he looked normal.

Bonzo posted:

Why is Sabean on the outs? gently caress him for screwing with Bubba (who would have imploded anyway.....but still).

He got knocked down to helping out Opie & Anthony before vanishing completely. Maybe Fez ate him or something.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

At first he looks normal, maybe with a very vague hint of being distinguished. But the more you look at him, the weirder he gets. It's like someone put together a Mr. Potato Head of rejected body parts and then threw a goatee on there so maybe people would just see the hair and the goatee and mentally assume he looked normal.

Yeah, I laughed my rear end off at that. Well said.

But Hey Now, at least the current set of fake choppers looks fairly normal.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sand Monster posted:

Do you have a gigantic picture of yourself in your living room?

Do you have 17 cats in your apartment and a horse you keep in Manhattan?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Those loving choppers man. They just draw your attention completely. Even the fat lips arent enough to encompass them. They dont look like they could contain them.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite Tim Sabean moment is when Riley Martin called him a cheap loving jew for only paying him 300 dollars for his Sirius show

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Your Gay Uncle posted:

My favorite Tim Sabean moment is when Riley Martin called him a cheap loving jew for only paying him 300 dollars for his Sirius show

Now hear this now, he's never BEGGED... for anything in his whole life.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Seaside Loafer posted:

Those loving choppers man. They just draw your attention completely. Even the fat lips arent enough to encompass them. They dont look like they could contain them.

Yeah, but those are like his third set of caps, the ones he got as a wealthy man. Believe it or not, the previous ones were much, much worse.

If you've got a strong stomach, I'm pretty sure you can find footage of Gary getting cap surgery on You Tube.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, but those are like his third set of caps, the ones he got as a wealthy man. Believe it or not, the previous ones were much, much worse.

If you've got a strong stomach, I'm pretty sure you can find footage of Gary getting cap surgery on You Tube.

I can watch the grossest poo poo the internet has to offer and not even bat an eye. That cap surgery, though, nope. I almost lost my lunch.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, I really can't do that. I saw one part of it where a drill was going in to what I assume was a tooth (because it sure as hell didn't look like one) and there was a ton of poo poo coming out that was a really bad colour, and uuuuugh.

If I understand caps correctly, this all means that, basically, his really gross teeth are still underneath those ones, right? Caps are just white... uhh... caps, put over top? I'm sure I could learn more about it, but I really don't want to.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, I really can't do that. I saw one part of it where a drill was going in to what I assume was a tooth (because it sure as hell didn't look like one) and there was a ton of poo poo coming out that was a really bad colour, and uuuuugh.

If I understand caps correctly, this all means that, basically, his really gross teeth are still underneath those ones, right? Caps are just white... uhh... caps, put over top? I'm sure I could learn more about it, but I really don't want to.

Crowns/caps (different names for what I think are the same thing) are attached by grinding the existing tooth down to a little stub that you glue the crown/cap onto. So they would have removed all the external layers of foulness from the teeth and left behind just something to hold on to.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yep, that's how that works (I have a few crowns).

They call it a crown because the tooth is still alive, they just whittle the top part down to a stub. They have to do that or the porcelain would be thin and weak. My crowns are very sturdy teeth.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yep, that's how that works (I have a few crowns).

I have at least one, which I have managed to pull off twice by eating caramel candies. :saddowns:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ah ok, that's WAY better than what I was imagining. See, I totally thought that he still had almost all of that horribleness in there, and thought 'looks aside, what's the loving point?'.

Thank you, goons.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I think they should have paid Riley way more than he got.

Didn't they do a survey at Sirius about the "most listened to shows" and Riley was in the top 3?

I'm guessing the Targzishians were loving with the satellites to bump up his numbers.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

That was the rumor.
Bubba always claimed Tim would get fast and loose when he would go down to Tampa to meet with them.
Plus, he's an old radio guy from the old coke for radio play golden years.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Wanna feed him a carrot, watch how gentle he takes it outta my hand

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/JackieMartling/status/750715701967646720

:allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVKG-g0sL2c

I could listen to Jackie-talk all day.

prefect fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 6, 2016

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jackie looks pretty good. Weathered, like you'd expect, but good.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

kylej posted:

Jackie looks pretty good. Weathered, like you'd expect, but good.

He looks like the goofy brother of Ed Harris or something. Which is not necessarily a negative thing, Harris is a loving bad-rear end.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I used to like Jackie's Joke Hunt. Not for the jokes, but just to hear Jackie crack up at his own jokes.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
All the old Stern guys that aren't allowed back should make their own show together. Jackie, Artie, Stuttering John, Gilbert, etc..

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

I used to like Jackie's Joke Hunt. Not for the jokes, but just to hear Jackie crack up at his own jokes.

Hee hee hee! JOKE HUNT! GET IT? JOKE! HUNT! IT'S FUNNY!

I love his contagious laughter.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Super Ninja Fish posted:

All the old Stern guys that aren't allowed back should make their own show together. Jackie, Artie, Stuttering John, Gilbert, etc..

I'd listen.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Riosan posted:

Hee hee hee! JOKE HUNT! GET IT? JOKE! HUNT! IT'S FUNNY!

I love his contagious laughter.

OOOOH hooo hooo!

I swear, his laugh and Sour Shoes' "OOOOOOooooooh" are great sound clips to use for literally anything.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Super Ninja Fish posted:

juts give me 4 hours of Gilbert and Billy West.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

juts give me 4 hours of Gilbert and Billy West.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Oh, and thanks again to whomever was talking about Gilbert's podcast. I'm only up to the first 8 episodes, but I love it. With the right guest, a decent amount of ball-busting, too.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

Oh, and thanks again to whomever was talking about Gilbert's podcast. I'm only up to the first 8 episodes, but I love it. With the right guest, a decent amount of ball-busting, too.

I haven't listed to it yet but Amy Heckerling was on this week.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Bonzo posted:

I haven't listed to it yet but Amy Heckerling was on this week.

It's a great interview. I think the only real dud I can recall was the Michael Oliver interview (kid from Problem Child). He was out of the biz just a few years after Problem Child, so he didn't really have anything to say. There's only so many questions you can ask about Problem Child.

Last week they had a mini-episode with a couple of guys from Mad Magazine and it was hilarious.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, I laughed my rear end off at that. Well said.

But Hey Now, at least the current set of fake choppers looks fairly normal.

Thanks!

And now when I look at the quoted pic, he looks like an old guy with a mental disability who overcame it to become midnight manager at a Denny's.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Can anything beat Sabean destroying a bathroom? In fact, I'm going to hunt down that clip right now. It has to exist somewhere.

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's a great interview. I think the only real dud I can recall was the Michael Oliver interview (kid from Problem Child). He was out of the biz just a few years after Problem Child, so he didn't really have anything to say. There's only so many questions you can ask about Problem Child.

Last week they had a mini-episode with a couple of guys from Mad Magazine and it was hilarious.

You had me at 'Mad Magazine,' that could be awesome. Also, be interesting to see whatever happened to Michael Oliver even if he ducked out of the industry before becoming Eddie Furlong.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Heres what Booeys real teeth look like ground down:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

JB50 posted:

Heres what Booeys real teeth look like ground down:

The face of a wack packer.