Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Roman posted:

I would be really happy to get any of that from playing Heroic strikes. No loving way am I banging my head against Prestige Nightfalls for any of that stuff.

You don't like reskined weapon with static rolls and cosmetic items/armor?!?

Im shocked. Shocked i say!

Gone are the days when people would farm Omingul for 12 hours straight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

You don't like reskined weapon with static rolls and cosmetic items/armor?!?

Im shocked. Shocked i say!

Grasp was just a reskin of Oversoul Edict, a cool and good static roll weapon

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

I have no problem grinding the upcoming NFs. I look forward to it? Getting everything is gonna be cool, and it gives me a pve goal until DLC2.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Not saying any of the loot is actually bad but there's nothing on the level of a Black Spindle or a Grasp in the lot. Everything looks solid but nothing that wouldn't be a go-to over absolutely anything else I already have.

And regarding cosmetic stuff, things like that are fine but are best when guaranteed from completing a specific and difficult challenge. Like getting an exotic sparrow if you do a flawless with X number of points or whatever. The way it is, if I see someone with that new exotic sparrow, they could have got it on the first try with the minimum number of points, so it doesn't mean as much as if it came from some specific accomplishment.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't know the aa on the sniper but it's god tier either way, zoom factor of around 5x, which pretty handily beats alone as a god while also being a much higher impact.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
sprinting with Focus Breathing perk on pole dancer makes the raid/nf aura disappear.

the q stands for quality

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roman posted:

Not saying any of the loot is actually bad but there's nothing on the level of a Black Spindle or a Grasp in the lot. Everything looks solid but nothing that wouldn't be a go-to over absolutely anything else I already have.

And regarding cosmetic stuff, things like that are fine but are best when guaranteed from completing a specific and difficult challenge. Like getting an exotic sparrow if you do a flawless with X number of points or whatever. The way it is, if I see someone with that new exotic sparrow, they could have got it on the first try with the minimum number of points, so it doesn't mean as much as if it came from some specific accomplishment.

Yeah sparrow/ghost/ship for strike specific loot is extremely weak. Didn't most strikes in D1 have a weapon AND a piece of armor?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Prestige nfs are fun imo since you can adjust difficulty and get booted to orbit if everyone dies

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

the good fax machine posted:

Yeah sparrow/ghost/ship for strike specific loot is extremely weak. Didn't most strikes in D1 have a weapon AND a piece of armor?
Mostly one weapon and one class item, some had armor: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-16-destiny-skeleton-key-loot-list-strike-specific-gear-rewards-4677

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

That was fun! Destiny 2 is a cool and good and fun game!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Destiny 2 is bad

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
No radar Survival seems fairly exciting, but I expect no radar Countdown to be Bad.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

VJeff posted:

No radar Survival seems fairly exciting, but I expect no radar Countdown to be Bad.

I'm trying this but I forgot about no radar. This is absolute poo poo haha. Plus tons of laggers.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Destiny 2 is bad

:monocle:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I will say that if you do this spooky trials poo poo, hollow earth is a pretty solid option

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Im pretty happy doing QP. Its pretty good now as long as 3 people on the other twam dont instantly leave.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Try playing solo instead of on a full stack at all times. It's no surprise the other teams drop out when they see you guys.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

CheeseFactory posted:

We are running 4 man vigilance wing and everything dies the instant you see it.

Teamshot 2: The Teamshooterier

I’m surprised they don’t have named mobs that drop named loot as a rare spawn in the overworld. Goodness knows I waited long enough for a warsat on mars once

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 31, 2018

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Try playing solo instead of on a full stack at all times. It's no surprise the other teams drop out when they see you guys.

I can't say I blame them, but to be fair we or I have never left a game either no matter the opponent and the make up of their team or how bad it's going.

Though it's getting to the point now where it's rare for other stacks to stick around in match making.

In the aus community at least most players at the pointy end at least know of each other and some teams actively avoid playing a hard game.

Playing solo is insanely frustrating with the way some pubs play whereby they'll literally run away from a 2v2 gun fight leaving you stranded. You have to completely change everything you do compared to playing with 2 or 3 team mates.

Rumble is kind of cool but can be super frustrating when things start to snowball.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 31, 2018

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

No

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Teamwork as always.. is OP

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Did they gently caress with heroic strikes difficulty? I feel them slightly harder, wizard missile barrages just obliterate me. Maybe it's because I haven't been playing that much, but drat

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Found this weird loot cave like thing in pvp...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yx3jdmz8Cs

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hahaha

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Hahaha what a bunch of idiots i love it.

Which shottie is that?

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Hahaha what a bunch of idiots i love it.

Which shottie is that?

Retrofuturist. Still trying to figure out which one I like.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

That poo poo is how I knocked out the IB chest ornament in but a few days, peg them as they soar thru the air then finish with a melee when they land. Something about flying thru the air, maybe, dweebs think they're gonna turn into a superhero and finally take you down. Nuh uh.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

BombadBoogieMan has departed the match.

That was like watching someone trap shoot lol

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 1, 2018

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm not sure I get the darkest before love. Last perdition has better stability, reload speed and handling. It has slightly worse range, but it also has rampage. I'm using one with two energy recoil mods and a range masterwork and it's pretty solid.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

actionjackson posted:

I'm not sure I get the darkest before love. Last perdition has better stability, reload speed and handling. It has slightly worse range, but it also has rampage. I'm using one with two energy recoil mods and a range masterwork and it's pretty solid.

Those are different archetypes, aren't they? I think darkest before has worse stability because it has a faster time to kill...

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, I thought adaptive had the best? guess not

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I was actually incredulous at the time that you were actually experiencing that.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Insane Totoro posted:

I was actually incredulous at the time that you were actually experiencing that.

Lol wish you had voice enabled so it's not just me giggling like an idiot the whole time.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Yeah, I thought adaptive had the best? guess not

I've been maining darkest before since the patch and its legit. only a vigilance will outshoot it if they hit all crits and no one hits all crits.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo hiding extremely good guns in Trials where those of us who are bad can't get them is really, really offensive. Bigoted, even. Is it the greatest human rights violation of all time? Maybe. Maybe it is.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

VJeff posted:

imo hiding extremely good guns in Trials where those of us who are bad can't get them is really, really offensive. Bigoted, even. Is it the greatest human rights violation of all time? Maybe. Maybe it is.

lol I have never won a game of Trials in D2 and I have like three of these things.

(clan engrams were a mistake)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah thanks to whoever for the welfare engram darkest before. now I just need the scout

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

hiddenriverninja posted:

lol I have never won a game of Trials in D2 and I have like three of these things.

(clan engrams were a mistake)

Is me not being in a clan that plays Trials enough the greatest human rights violation of all time? Maybe. Maybe it is.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

hiddenriverninja posted:

clan engrams were a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thats not even being elitist btw, it’s just that having clan engrams further dilutes the pool of players. If they don’t have to suffer through to get the loot, why would they?