Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Mr. Two-Bulls really should see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I wanna see Marty fight Branco.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

D.N. Nation posted:

Which will Branco do first?

- Drop an N-bomb in a cartoon (bonus points for misspelling)
- "What about the good things Hitler did?"
- Call for genocide of...your pick...because Antifa made him do it
- Draw in detail a bad sexual encounter...oh poo poo, he did that already

I think the closest thing we're going to get is a "What about the good things Hitler did?" but in the form of Calm Hitler.

Like, it'll be Hitler, scowling but otherwise drawn flatteringly, next to a hoodie-wearing, crazy-eyed "Antifa member", with a list of pros and cons for each. He'll make Hitler out to be the rational, calm one, maybe with a "At least he loved his country!" justification.

He at least knows he can't outright defend Hitler, but his knee-jerk reactionary worldview requires the current Fox News Villain to be worse than Hitler. So it'll be Hitler endorsement by the way of comparison.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Somewhere out there, there is almost certainly a tape of Trump saying the n-word, and if it ever gets leaked, Branco will be the first cartoonist to try to print the n-word, in an impassioned comic about how it isn't actually racist to say it and black people are the REAL racists for not letting white people say it

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
"Oh, so they're allowed to say it every other word in their rap videos, but I can't?! Seems a little backwards, don't you think?!" - Every Millenial's Dad, AF Branco

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

Which will Branco do first?

- Drop an N-bomb in a cartoon (bonus points for misspelling)
- "What about the good things Hitler did?"
- Call for genocide of...your pick...because Antifa made him do it
- Draw in detail a bad sexual encounter...oh poo poo, he did that already

If this latest comic is any indication, he'll make one about how black people were better off as slaves.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Pakled posted:

Somewhere out there, there is almost certainly a tape of Trump saying the n-word, and if it ever gets leaked, Branco will be the first cartoonist to try to print the n-word, in an impassioned comic about how it isn't actually racist to say it and black people are the REAL racists for not letting white people say it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hihohe posted:

I wanna see Marty fight Branco.

I wanna see Branco shot full of arrows and scalped. It can be with those toy arrows with the suckers on the end and having his toupee stolen, I'm not picky about it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

What gets me about Branco's cartoon is that at the same time Native Americans were allegedly doing all these horrible things, my proud white European ancestors were slaughtering and torturing each other in pointless religious wars, dying massively in plagues, and being brutally exploited by feudalism. The good ol' days, right?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

MelvinBison posted:

What baked good is best for spiting a fascist bigot?

Hamantaschen.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

To be fair, he's not entirely wrong. There's nothing about the word that might discriminate against or offend rascals. At least, not BECAUSE they're rascals.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
e: wrong thread

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 8, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Clay Bennett publicly requesting some poop touching on someone who edited one of his cartoons to make it extra racist.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

the_steve posted:

Clay Bennett publicly requesting some poop touching on someone who edited one of his cartoons to make it extra racist.

Whatever it was, looks like it's been deleted already.

Political Cartoons 2017: While I appreciate that the artist is willing to make the main character an annoying poo poo, I kind of wish they'd stop sometimes.

Like Ramirez, I too wish Obama was still president.

Can't wait for Garrison's explanation of how this is yet another example of the 7-dimension chess game Trump is running.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/08/29/meadowview-park-shooting/

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Cagle getting in on that hot new meme.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

:psyduck:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sandpuppy posted:

....What (directed to Ramirez's cartoon, and not the person quoted)? Somehow it's cruel for Obama to have given qualified illegal immigrants a reprieve from the government snatching them up? Is that what this is supposed to be saying?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's "cruel" because instead of just booting their asses out of the country, he's giving them false hope since we will never give them citizenship (because of people like Ramirez).

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Radish posted:

Cagle getting in on that hot new meme.

I thought the point of that meme was that the two women look similar to one another :confused:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

Even in retirement, Obama can never be free of that old trickster, Bald White Guy With Tiny Glasses, his nemesis who follows him around dropping sick burns on him in every Ramirez cartoon

gotta love how much Ramirez is belaboring this joke too btw, reminds me of this classic

clearly drawing Obama in a silly outfit will sail right over the heads of Ramirez's readers unless he has a background character comment on it

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Haha an earnest Obama dancing on the Constitution cartoon.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Do these people think that if Trump lost, he wouldn't have (had ghost)written a book about it?

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Sandpuppy posted:

Can't wait for Garrison's explanation of how this is yet another example of the 7-dimension chess game Trump is running.

No, it'll be another "Swamp overtaking our innocent hero Trump" cartoon with witch Pelosi and evil superjew Schumer hypnotizing him, ryan and mcconnell cackling on the sidelines and Innocent MAGA Man trying in vain to prevent it.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ha ha, Obama is a loser who wears his wife's clothes. - Michael Ramirez, two Pulitzers

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

I would read a book entitled gently caress You Comey by Hillary, that sounds entertaining.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

So I spoke to my Dad about the AF Branco and sent him the comic for his opinion. Dad is a half-blood Cherokee. He's also very democratic (I got him on the Bernie Train and he only voted for a republican once in his life.) Anyway, I got a message back saying it thought it was funny and 100% agreed with it, which surprised the poo poo out of me.

quote:

The Africans and aztecs, also the American Indians. They were guilty of slavery, as much as the Europeans. Who you think built the great wall of China? I don't think days were better before the white man came. I don't even know if technology would've came to North America of South America had they not come. It was a simpler time back then but we will never know if life could've gotten longer or better. I just think they should leave the statues alone.

I had forgotten he believes the statues should stay up, despite my arguments of the timeframe they were made (Jim Crow Era). He believes it still reminds people of the history.

So that's my anecdote. Take it for you like.

Also, I'm really offended that Fillmore is using a drat amardillo as a personification of hate. Amardillo's are too adorable to hate. They are just hardshelled hedgehogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhNGdnuFQYM

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wish Tinsley gets leprosy from an armadillo.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Someone break Branco's hands please.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

World Famous W posted:

Like that would affect his art.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

My Face When posted:

So I spoke to my Dad about the AF Branco and sent him the comic for his opinion. Dad is a half-blood Cherokee. He's also very democratic (I got him on the Bernie Train and he only voted for a republican once in his life.) Anyway, I got a message back saying it thought it was funny and 100% agreed with it, which surprised the poo poo out of me.

I had forgotten he believes the statues should stay up, despite my arguments of the timeframe they were made (Jim Crow Era). He believes it still reminds people of the history.

So that's my anecdote. Take it for you like.

Also, I'm really offended that Fillmore is using a drat amardillo as a personification of hate. Amardillo's are too adorable to hate. They are just hardshelled hedgehogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhNGdnuFQYM

I mean, the pre-white days were objectively better because 90% of the Natives Americans weren't dead. That's a pretty fundamental metric.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

World Famous W posted:

Radish posted:

Like that would affect his art.

Still more talented than Rall

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Scientists: Maybe we should figure out the cause of increasingly monster hurricanes
Payne: NOT IF IT'S GONNA STOP ME FROM PLAYING WITH MY VROOM VROOMS

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Rall starts on the path to making a good point but compulsively veers off into "GODDAMN LAZY MILLENIALS" territory.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

The Advanced Peace program is aimed at combating gun violence in Sacramento by targeting the roughly 50 young men who are believed to be responsible for most of the gun violence in the city. The program is one modeled after a similar, successful one in Richmond that provides participants with high-level mentorship, daily check-ins, case management, and life-goal plans. Per studies presented to the council, from 2010 to 2016 Richmond saw a 50 percent reduction in firearm assaults and 54 percent reduction in related homicides.

The city is being asked to commit $1.5 million over four years.

Yup: "just handing them a big sack of money" is exactly what that sounds like. And how do we even know this program that has worked in the past will even work?? And who is benefiting from reducing gun violence anyway?? CERTAINLY not tax payers!!

Mike Lester is just loving worthless

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

I want to send this fucker back in time, defenseless and sterile to be sacrificed by Aztecs.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

How dare you. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May, Brexit and the winds of change – Theresa May has caused further ill will in Brussels by rejecting an invitation to address the European parliament in public – instead insisting she will only talk to its leaders behind closed doors"

Telegraph:

Lords attack Government's 'unacceptable' plan to use Henry VIII powers to speed up Brexit

Independent:

EU 'worried' by UK's Irish border proposals

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Prince George's first day at school

• Locked thread