Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Anybody have the Drama deets on her final defeat

maybe hiding from this? http://fortune.com/2017/11/18/twitter-bans-ties-to-violence/

when i was reading the alt-right reaction to moore on twitter some of the pepes and people with swastikas in their avatars were saying goodbye to each other and were generally depressed

losing twitter access is absolutely devastating to these people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Antifascists, police reform activists, and general-purpose leftists are going to feel the brunt of it, mark my works

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
after a year the only users on twitter will be corporations doing their zany kooky tweets

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

yeah i wonder how the commonwealth will prove premeditation.

well IMO i think he was part of a terrorist conspiracy although that's a conspiracy theory on my part. based on a combo of circumstantial evidence / supposition: barriers were moved, people in the crowd seemed to know he was up to something.

i think the most damning thing, from what i know about terrorists, is that in every photo you see of him, he's super calm looking. once a terrorist commits to a mission like that, they become very calm and purpose-driven.
https://twitter.com/madeleinebc/status/941493060722155523
https://twitter.com/madeleinebc/status/941497174801682432

We know why the intersection was open, turns out it was just a total gently caress up

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

You got butchered

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
tfw yer plastic surgery you got for racism reason mutilated your face so bad you only let yerself be seen in shadoe

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Visidan posted:

almost everyone is making GBS threads on the repeal even idiot both sides youtubers.

yeah this is the thing i hear the most, it makes zero sense. i don't know where the gently caress this idea came from but even if net neutrality was this weird law that meant instead of data websites had to treat every viewpoint equally wouldn't removing it be worse for nazis.

it's a loving dumb talking point that clearly isn't working unless you're already a hardcore high lvl CHUD

(they're deleting the top negative comments every 30 mins on this video)

it makes a little bit more sense when you consider two things

1) all these dipshits have enormous persecution complexes so they think they're being unfairly persecuted when one of them gets banned from twitter because they go on a rant where they make targeted and specific death threats

2) somewhere along the line some far right loon decided that net neutrality was just the fairness doctrine, but for the internet

by coincidence these assholes were emboldened around the time NN was first made policy by the FCC and that's when their abhorrent behavior started getting a few of them deverified and banned so there was a convenient source of incidents to exploit to reinforce the delusion that "net neutrality" was just "fairness doctrine"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

has the alt right got asshurt at new star wars yet?

so does he think twitter won't ban him and his stupid friends now? or some stupid poo poo.

this is already happening in 3 days iirc

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

has the alt right got asshurt at new star wars yet?

so does he think twitter won't ban him and his stupid friends now? or some stupid poo poo.

Will they be mad because it has an an interracial romance and there's a heroic woman with purple hair

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/941579675826089985

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm not an anarchist btw but that story is something

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Moreno told jurors that Young is no neo-Nazi but a libertarian with an interest in politics

lol, here's a new euphemism, neonazis are now "libertarians with an interest in politics"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Barbe Rouge posted:

Moreno told jurors that Young is no neo-Nazi but a libertarian with an interest in politics

lol, here's a new euphemism, neonazis are now "libertarians with an interest in politics"
new thread title

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

this ended on a high note

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

This is some black pill poo poo.

I can honestly imagine an alliance of convenience forming between western white supremacists and middle eastern islamists. Their goals are mutually complementary, shifting populations around at will, ethnically cleansing territories they control, reforging the remaining peoples as avatars of their ideology's will.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Phobophilia posted:

I can honestly imagine an alliance of convenience forming between western white supremacists and middle eastern islamists. Their goals are mutually complementary, shifting populations around at will, ethnically cleansing territories they control, reforging the remaining peoples as avatars of their ideology's will.

That alliance has existed for quite some time - it is just becoming more overt. It seems to me that if one truly stands with the Kingdom of Heaven one has no use for aggression - that these fundamentalists are blasphemous in "playing God", far more so than the science/medicine they decry.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

SpaceGoku posted:

this ended on a high note

he's extremely not mad

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/941414959094927364

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Potato Salad posted:

I had an acquaintance who is a lifelong proud republican who went Bernie to Trump and still insists that was a thing that makes any kind of sense.

What I'm saying is that people are dumb

He's far from the only one who flipped from Bernie to Trump, though. I don't live in the US, so sorry if there's some obvious explanation, but.. How in the hell do people go from a social democrat to a neo-conservative kleptocrat?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tias posted:

He's far from the only one who flipped from Bernie to Trump, though. I don't live in the US, so sorry if there's some obvious explanation, but.. How in the hell do people go from a social democrat to a neo-conservative kleptocrat?

They’re racist isolationists, basically. They rate low on economic anxiety but score as way more fearful of black people, immigrants, and muslims. People like that could theoretically be democrats, but prefer a big lout who promises apartheid.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm not convinced it's actually a large group of people (I'm sure someone has the numbers)

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Rinkles posted:

I'm not convinced it's actually a large group of people (I'm sure someone has the numbers)

yeah I doubt it was close to any kind of deciding margin, the entire concept just baffles me.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It was smaller than the usual crossover vote by an order of magnitude, if I recall correctly. There was a study published a while ago that was reported with very sensationalistic headlines that basically confirmed almost no Sanders voters went to Trump when compared with the number of Clinton-McCain voters or Republican-Clinton voters.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tias posted:

someone who knows they need help and aren't going to get it from the usual republican or democrat and don't give a poo poo if that help comes at the expense of various minority groups

the part you're probably not getting is that they genuinely believed trump's bullshit, that he'd be anything other than another rich gently caress out to benefit all the rich fucks

but yeah there's probably not that many out there

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Tias posted:

people who are really into the idea of a "political outsider "

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
bernie-trumpers are probably overrepresented on forums and reddit because they really want to tell everyone what they think about how political correctness is oppressing the white working class

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

probably some who hated clinton not for being a lovely politician, but for being a woman

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
people moving support from one economic populist to another is actually surprising for this thread? both Sanders and Trump were ‘outsiders’ that played to people’s economic anxieties

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Tias posted:

Some of the stuff Trump said during the campaign on economic issues was a lot different than typical Republican orthodoxy but of course you'd have to be a sucker to believe any of that was going to come to pass. He also campaigned against Bush-style neoconservatism which was helpful for him because Hillary was especially bad on foreign policy but his actual foreign policy doesn't really reflect what he campaigned on which again should have been predictable.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
like you interrogate the policies of any of the bernie-trump alt right people and it always turns out they live comfortable lives but are terrified of competition by more recent migrants, as if they can only compete zero sum with people of lower classes than they

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

urgh

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/...%3D3135%23pti21

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Will they be mad because it has an an interracial romance and there's a heroic woman with purple hair

That was pretty cool scene. I like they made kylo even more of bitch and some weird black pill nilihist.

Tias posted:

Idk. Stupidity, being in a 4chan echo chamber for way to long. It’s loving sad.

MaxxBot posted:

Some of the stuff Trump said during the campaign on economic issues was a lot different than typical Republican orthodoxy but of course you'd have to be a sucker to believe any of that was going to come to pass. He also campaigned against Bush-style neoconservatism which was helpful for him because Hillary was especially bad on foreign policy but his actual foreign policy doesn't really reflect what he campaigned on which again should have been predictable.

Sure, but anyone with half a brain could see trump was a lying shithead about everything outside I want to stomp on people He views as inferior.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Jesus christ.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

That was pretty cool scene. I like they made kylo even more of bitch and some weird black pill nilihist.

careful now.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Even Trump is telling Roy Moore to concede, something he wasn't willing to do in case he lost the election in 2016.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/dril/status/941063865214828544

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/stat...%3D3138%23pti35

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I'm in love with Ann Coulter.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did she get hacked or is she headed down to the bridge with her trusty pistol and one bullet?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

angling to get that 'tfw no gf' crowd eh

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Tias posted:

Because some people vote on personalities & style rather than politics. Bernie and Trump are both known for speaking their mind even if it pisses people off. Trump may be a serial liar, but you can't argue that he's polished or suave, and that lack of polish comes across as sincerity to a lot of people. The people I know, and I know a couple, who liked both Bernie and Trump, wanted someone who wasn't a typical politician. They wanted someone who didn't use bland canned speeches to try to sound moderate and appeal to everyone. They wanted someone who was as pissed off about the state of the world as they were.

They also have a few niche issues in common, or appeared to during the election - both wanted to avoid foreign wars, while Hillary tend to be a hawk (she cited Henry Kissinger as an influence, ffs), and both supported more trade barriers than Clinton. For people who genuinely don't care about the issues that distinguished Clinton from Trump - like poverty, health care, racism, and sexism - both of them may have seemed more appealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012