Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Is onionhead legal? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

limaCAT posted:

Is onionhead legal? :getin:

Sadly, there's a specific category of goods called 'Legal Narcotics' I don't think Onion Head counts :(

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh goddamnit, I cant leave good ol DF in the lurch. Guess Ill have to actually play this silly spacegame again.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Ok, so I just delivered a beer to the Diamond Frogs. What happens now?

Is 1 beer enough?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

dammit i'm 12,000ly away :argh:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

John F Bennett posted:

Is 1 beer enough?

Never.

but for cg credit and the decal it is

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Goons need "Wine, Beer, Liquor, Coffee, Tobacco, Computer Components" you say?
Who said ED wasn't realistic.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Wow this is gonna make me get back into the game. Hauling booze and computer components for goons.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

TopHatGenius posted:

Wow this is gonna make me get back into the game. Hauling booze and computer components for goons.

The first goons to get something in return for delivering printers

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Oh man. I kinda put this game down--without even getting beyond the tutorial--for when things were less complicated, but a big rear end convoy sounds fun. Is it hard to accomplish this task from starting the game from the first time ever? I might fire it up this weekend, because it seems there aren't too many ways to customize ship exteriors without paying real money for boring paint jobs.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

doctorfrog posted:

Oh man. I kinda put this game down--without even getting beyond the tutorial--for when things were less complicated, but a big rear end convoy sounds fun. Is it hard to accomplish this task from starting the game from the first time ever? I might fire it up this weekend, because it seems there aren't too many ways to customize ship exteriors without paying real money for boring paint jobs.
There aren't any real ways to decorate your ships without real money and its loving dumb. Not for frontier's accounts, though.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I am honestly surprised that the Diamond Frogs only want the legal stuff.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

John F Bennett posted:

Ok, so I just delivered a beer to the Diamond Frogs. What happens now?

Is 1 beer enough?

Isn’t that one ton of beer?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

chaosapiant posted:

Isn’t that one ton of beer?

Yeah so, no.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
posting to show off my new avatar thanks to a diamond frog goon

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

coupedeville posted:

posting to show off my new avatar thanks to a diamond frog goon

Top five best avatars I’ve seen ever.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
When does the CG end? I'm just about to go away for the weekend but have been considering getting back into ED due to the new Oculus Home update allowing you to pin discord/netflix etc. in your cockpit.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

El Grillo posted:

When does the CG end? I'm just about to go away for the weekend but have been considering getting back into ED due to the new Oculus Home update allowing you to pin discord/netflix etc. in your cockpit.

The "Time left" bit says "6D 4H 17MIN" but it can end earlier than that if people do it a lot I believe.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Where’s the best place to source some of these resources? This is rad as gently caress. I haven’t played in 6 months but my ships are parked at that station and I’m hopping in.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Blind Rasputin posted:

Where’s the best place to source some of these resources? This is rad as gently caress. I haven’t played in 6 months but my ships are parked at that station and I’m hopping in.

Earth Likes / Terraformed in Agricultural Systems. Computer Parts is one of high tech or industrial.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
How long does the CG last for?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Dongattack posted:

How long does the CG last for?

Asked 3 posts up :v:

Gort posted:

The "Time left" bit says "6D 4H 17MIN" but it can end earlier than that if people do it a lot I believe.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Daztek posted:

Asked 3 posts up :v:

Ops :q:

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

How do you see how much of which item is needed? Or do you just bring whatever?
I'm a few hundred ly away, but will gladly head that direction and grab a Type 9 to fill it full of goon items.

edit:
I was just looking at https://inara.cz/market/ for that station and it shows demand as 999,999 for each, so I assume that's the goal then.

AzureSkys fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 8, 2017

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

AzureSkys posted:

How do you see how much of which item is needed? Or do you just bring whatever?
I'm a few hundred ly away, but will gladly head that direction and grab a Type 9 to fill it full of goon items.

edit:
I was just looking at https://inara.cz/market/ for that station and it shows demand as 999,999 for each, so I assume that's the goal then.

That's right. Just make sure you sign up for the community goal (top of the mission list at the target station) before you sell your stuff on the market.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Gort posted:

That's right. Just make sure you sign up for the community goal (top of the mission list at the target station) before you sell your stuff on the market.

Well drat, wish I knew that before I sold my one beer. Thanks for this!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.frontierstore.net/game-extras/elite-dangerous-game-extras/cockpit-festive-lights-multicolour.html
https://i.imgur.com/5QZKSx3.gifv

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Is there anything you can see that says if you can have these all the time, or only when they enable it? If i can always have these, i might buy them.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Just brought in some coffee and beer for my boys.

Say, now that I have turned this game back on.. is there a primer for seeing the thargoid stuff? I’d like to 1) explore one of those huge bases. 2) see some of the thargoid fighting conflict zones. I don’t really care to kill one. 3) do anything else related that’s near the bubble. Do I need to collect some unknown artifact thing for my hold before any of the cool stuff happens?

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Blind Rasputin posted:

Say, now that I have turned this game back on.. is there a primer for seeing the thargoid stuff? I’d like to 1) explore one of those huge bases. 2) see some of the thargoid fighting conflict zones. I don’t really care to kill one. 3) do anything else related that’s near the bubble. Do I need to collect some unknown artifact thing for my hold before any of the cool stuff happens?

There are a few crash sites I visited and that was my only pursuing Thargoid stuff. Then while doing some stuff at a system near Maia I saw a Sanchez Class Science vessel pop up in the nav panel. I stopped by it out of curiosity to see it was destroyed and a Thargoid Scout was scanning me. I just minded my own business and it jumped away.

Not long later I was jumping around the area again and got hyperdicted by two more that scanned me then left. I can find the name of the systems if you're interested, but I'm sure someone knows more about it all. It seems stopping by that science vessel triggered it, although I had been bringing lots of Thargoid stuff to Palin in Maia.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

mehall posted:

Is there anything you can see that says if you can have these all the time, or only when they enable it? If i can always have these, i might buy them.

Well I keep my Christmas tree bobblehead all the year round on my cobra

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

limaCAT posted:

Well I keep my Christmas tree bobblehead all the year round on my cobra

Good to hear.

Can someone give me a primer on how the security status and everything works in this game?
Is it roughly like Eve, where people can blow you up in any system they like, but if they do it in higher security space, they will get blown up too?
Thinking about delivering some beer for the boys, and I spot that the system is lawless, but is that like nullsec? will I get blown up just for visiting?

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

mehall posted:

Can someone give me a primer on how the security status and everything works in this game?
Is it roughly like Eve, where people can blow you up in any system they like, but if they do it in higher security space, they will get blown up too?
Thinking about delivering some beer for the boys, and I spot that the system is lawless, but is that like nullsec? will I get blown up just for visiting?

The basic of it is that if you play solo or in a private group by yourself or with friends only no other human players can bother you. NPC pirates will often go after you, especially if you have cargo, as you're traveling inside a system. You can evade their interdiction if you can maneuver OK enough, or submit to it and try to boost away and re-jump to supercruise before they shoot you too much. Sometimes they're an easy take down if your ship is equipped well enough.

They tend to be in any system regardless of control. If in one with a friendly faction sometimes security ships will show up when you're being fired at and help take them out, but it can be slow. I've had them come after me as I'm disengaging supercruise in to a station. They just immediately turn around and fly away, though once I went after him because I was annoyed only to be fined for firing in a no-fire zone...

For the most part you're not bothered too much if you don't bother others. If really in a pinch from an annoying NPC, then just force close the game if being attacked and you'll reload all by yourself.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

My ASP Explorer now has an engineered jump range of 48ly while carrying an SRV. Is there any use in trying for more rerolls at this point? My main is goal is exploration, can I assume I can now reach everything with this range?

I don't want to drop my SRV, planet exploration is the best part of exploration to me.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Guys am I doing this right

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

AzureSkys posted:

The basic of it is that if you play solo or in a private group by yourself or with friends only no other human players can bother you. NPC pirates will often go after you, especially if you have cargo, as you're traveling inside a system. You can evade their interdiction if you can maneuver OK enough, or submit to it and try to boost away and re-jump to supercruise before they shoot you too much. Sometimes they're an easy take down if your ship is equipped well enough.

They tend to be in any system regardless of control. If in one with a friendly faction sometimes security ships will show up when you're being fired at and help take them out, but it can be slow. I've had them come after me as I'm disengaging supercruise in to a station. They just immediately turn around and fly away, though once I went after him because I was annoyed only to be fined for firing in a no-fire zone...

For the most part you're not bothered too much if you don't bother others. If really in a pinch from an annoying NPC, then just force close the game if being attacked and you'll reload all by yourself.

I've been playing in open play mode, does that change anything? Or does the PvP only come in if you're part of a group for it?

If i visit the g. Capricorni system in my open play game, am i going to be endlessly ganked?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

mehall posted:

I've been playing in open play mode, does that change anything? Or does the PvP only come in if you're part of a group for it?

If i visit the g. Capricorni system in my open play game, am i going to be endlessly ganked?

You can get ganked in open play. You likely will get ganked if you go to 63 G. Capricorni in open.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Gort posted:

You can get ganked in open play. You likely will get ganked if you go to 63 G. Capricorni in open.

Cool, lets not do that then. No decal for me haha.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

mehall posted:

Cool, lets not do that then. No decal for me haha.

You can just do it in solo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

John F Bennett posted:

My ASP Explorer now has an engineered jump range of 48ly while carrying an SRV. Is there any use in trying for more rerolls at this point? My main is goal is exploration, can I assume I can now reach everything with this range?

I don't want to drop my SRV, planet exploration is the best part of exploration to me.

What do you mean by "everything"? Anything over 30LY will get you around to every major landmark, but if you want to chart new ground at the Rim you want 60+ly.

tl;dr - yeah that's enough.

• Locked thread