Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Saxophone Hero's passive is a proc that involves hitting an enemy with all of his skill shots and weaving two auto attacks inbetween each one. Successfully proccing the effect does percent health true damage, knocks the enemy up and shields saxophone dude. Also ulting someone after activating the proc disconnects half the enemy team and causes all second turrets to lose 142.2 health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

njsykora posted:

Do people seriously think the current client is worse than the old one? The old was was slow and nightmarish to find anything in if you were a new player. Everything now's all clean and organised. Also I got to see a Zed and Ekko arguing in German over who sucked more in an AI game while a Kalista was trying to teach me how her ult worked.

people were also upset with the 100% superior in game interface when it first came out, the reality is everyone is used to where things were already so they don't stop to consider if maybe they get equally used to the new format it ends up being more convenient.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Speaking of UI I played new Galio for the first time and it took me halfway through the game to learn that "first cast / second cast" in the tooltip actually means "hold it down and release"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

only if you're on smartcast. for people who dont use it, its just two casts.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

it's p weird that smartcast isn't the double cast imo. Press and release feels super clunky to me as a person who switched every ability to smartcast and never looked back. I guess you can argue it's technically faster if you wanna do a 0.1 sec taunt for some reason but outside of the super rare occasions where'd you flash in to disrupt a channeled ability or something it's almost entirely useless to immediately reuse the skill.

press n hold feels fine once you get used to it though, It just feels like it should be the standard cast and doubletap should be the smart version.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Wait wait hold up. If I HOLD Poppy's R when its on smart cast, will it just charge until I let it go?

If that's true god drat, I used to specifically turn off smart cast just for her R and always forget the next game. Then I'd gently caress up the first team fight ult cos I forgot smart cast was turned off.

I'm wood V btw

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

el dingo posted:

Wait wait hold up. If I HOLD Poppy's R when its on smart cast, will it just charge until I let it go?

If that's true god drat, I used to specifically turn off smart cast just for her R and always forget the next game. Then I'd gently caress up the first team fight ult cos I forgot smart cast was turned off.

I'm wood V btw

Correct, tap for knock up, hold for spinning that hammer and release to slam it down.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

when they originally added the new client i felt really confused when i opened it, which i thought was kinda interesting. i guess just moving where everything is fucks up the part of the brain where you just kinda feel your way into a game without thinking and usually i never think after clicking the league of legends executable

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArbitraryC posted:

it's p weird that smartcast isn't the double cast imo. Press and release feels super clunky to me as a person who switched every ability to smartcast and never looked back. I guess you can argue it's technically faster if you wanna do a 0.1 sec taunt for some reason but outside of the super rare occasions where'd you flash in to disrupt a channeled ability or something it's almost entirely useless to immediately reuse the skill.

press n hold feels fine once you get used to it though, It just feels like it should be the standard cast and doubletap should be the smart version.

el dingo posted:

I'm wood V btw

I've not played Vladimir in literally years and I decided to give him a game a few weeks ago. I was really, really confused about how I was supposed to use his E — also, coming from having put everything on smart cast long ago.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

All charge up abilities like that are hold & release by default on smartcast (Vi, Xerath, Varus etc), it feels pretty natural to me and I can't imagine manual casting them anymore. The 3 vector targeted spells (Viktor, Rumble, Taliyah) also work similarly on smartcast where you press and hold the key at the starting location and then aim in the direction you want and release the key to cast.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Radical posted:

i think its more likely they add a saxophone playing ghost or whatever that is just sona but better and all his skills will probably be skillshots yeah

Yo I want the saxghost, this concept sounds ballin

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tales of Woe posted:

All charge up abilities like that are hold & release by default on smartcast (Vi, Xerath, Varus etc), it feels pretty natural to me and I can't imagine manual casting them anymore. The 3 vector targeted spells (Viktor, Rumble, Taliyah) also work similarly on smartcast where you press and hold the key at the starting location and then aim in the direction you want and release the key to cast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-7ABIM2qjU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Tales of Woe posted:

I just don't like being forced to hold a button, like supports already have 30 actives items to manage I don't want my middle finger glues to w when I need to spam fotm, locket, and redemption in a fight.

I got used to it within a game or two don't get me wrong but it just feels like press once to activate press again to trigger secondary effect feels more intuitive. Like imagine if velkoz q worked like that. Hold n release for line shots like rumble seems more reasonable tho.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 18, 2017

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Individual spotlights are out for Xayah and Rakan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgQfr8bMNN8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYWNOHM1fSk

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
New game mode teaser, looks like a brawl where you try to send the other Team's Thresh's into the Void using Hook and Flay

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
That Rakan leap increase is ridiculous. Hope they even that out because I don't want to play with Xayah every game.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tired Moritz posted:

That Rakan leap increase is ridiculous. Hope they even that out because I don't want to play with Xayah every game.

just ban one of the duo and play another champion in the role of the other

now you dont have to worry!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i want to watch the spotlights but i just can't risk the possibility of having to hear phreak talk

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
he made a really bad xayah pun

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

lmao if you dont think im just going to spam light em mup mup mup im on xayah every single game in all chat

Orv
May 4, 2011
They both seem like champs I'd enjoy in their respective roles, but part of me hopes for some wacky Rakan AP build or something.

Also glad I finally decided to just mute champ VO forever.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Orv posted:

They both seem like champs I'd enjoy in their respective roles, but part of me hopes for some wacky Rakan AP build or something.

Also glad I finally decided to just mute champ VO forever.

His voice lines were so grating and that was just the spotlight video.
Both of them were bad, actually.

Kind of fun to see them double down on the mobility creep, at least. Now every ability has a leap, dash, jump, or haste effect.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

theres a lot of mobility creep, new champ has a 1 second cool down dash thats an execute, three hit passive, oh hell yeah baby!!!!!

fnox
May 19, 2013

LeJackal posted:

His voice lines were so grating and that was just the spotlight video.
Both of them were bad, actually.

Kind of fun to see them double down on the mobility creep, at least. Now every ability has a leap, dash, jump, or haste effect.

Xayah sounds like her lines were written by loving Joss Whedon

Orv
May 4, 2011
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/854026978697003008

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
oh poo poo.. i might have to play meowkai

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Oh drat, is that a new Maokai ult? Maokai was my very first champ purchase and it'd be nice to get into him again.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah, lane wide moving root wall.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Glad I bought that skin now

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I'd be more sour about not having the funds to purchase it if Totemic Maokai hadn't turned out to have such a great VU.

Orv
May 4, 2011
My hope is that Victorious Maokai's new ult version is some kind of Greco-Roman pillars with gold leaves or something.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You haven't lived til you've played one of "those" Nunu games

You know the ones I'm talking about

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I'm sad Nunu isn't a viable top-laner anymore. Making Darius players' lives miserable was a joy.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

I'm sad Nunu isn't a viable top-laner anymore. Making Darius players' lives miserable was a joy.

Play Teemo, get W to level 2 first, laugh all the way to the bank.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Hmmm, I was considering making my account Yordle only plays for a while. Are there any viable Yordle junglers?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking as a Darius main, neither of those are anywhere near as miserable as Jayce or Quinn. Seriously, just play Jayce, it's a complete nightmare for Darius to deal with if you're anywhere near competent. Quinn you have to smart about when you use E but that's about it.

E:

Kokoro Wish posted:

Hmmm, I was considering making my account Yordle only plays for a while. Are there any viable Yordle junglers?

Amumu is currently "maybe a yordle", and both Gnar and Kled can jungle. I think jungle Kled might actually be okay. Poppy is also a solid jungler.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 18, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

Teemo. :unsmigghh:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Feral Flare Teemo was the most fun dumb jungler ever imo.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Well, I was looking for an excuse to buy Kled. Jungle is my favourite role and I was eyeing up Kindred, despite her state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Kled is a man's man's jungler

• Locked thread