Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

John Wesley Shipp Jay Garrick is supposed to show up this season on Stargirl. Although it probably isn't a crossover since he's played alternate universe Jay before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I hope Jay is actually alive and becomes another mentor for the new young justice society. Stargirl is an enjoyable, but stupid show. It has the problem of killing villains though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TwoPair posted:

Well seeing as how Supergirl's over I doubt that will happen. I mean, maybe Benoist might agree to a cameo/guest appearance down the line but I doubt that'll happen for a while.

I could have sworn I read Benoist said she's come back for one offs and such.

I mean I really want her to pop up on Superman and Lois.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

I could have sworn I read Benoist said she's come back for one offs and such.

I mean I really want her to pop up on Superman and Lois.

Those kids would benefit so much from a visit from Auntie Karen (I know she's technically a cousin once removed).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think crossovers are dead in the Arrowverse, just smaller. They were apparently planning one built around Diggle's character but Covid happened so it just became him showing up randomly in a bunch of shows. I bet Benoist would love to show back up for some special episodes if they have something good. Probably the only thing making it not seem like a new thing is that all the characters she has relationships with are going. But Flash is still around, Superman and Lois is around, and the way CW works I half expect a Legion spinoff of Supergirl or something.

And yeah, gotta have her hang out with her moody cousin nephews at last once.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The first five episode of Flash next season are all going to be crossover episodes

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Those kids would benefit so much from a visit from Auntie Karen (I know she's technically a cousin once removed).

Aunt Kara and yea.

Dreamer and Braniac 5 would be fantastic additions to the Legends too. Get Nicole Maines in some cool period costumes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think crossovers are dead in the Arrowverse, just smaller. They were apparently planning one built around Diggle's character but Covid happened so it just became him showing up randomly in a bunch of shows. I bet Benoist would love to show back up for some special episodes if they have something good. Probably the only thing making it not seem like a new thing is that all the characters she has relationships with are going. But Flash is still around, Superman and Lois is around, and the way CW works I half expect a Legion spinoff of Supergirl or something.

And yeah, gotta have her hang out with her moody cousin nephews at last once.

Pretty sure Supergirl and Batwoman were supposed to have a crossover this season but in between COVID and Ruby Rose quitting Batwoman forcing the whole season plot of that show to go wonky, that got scrapped

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

Aunt Kara and yea.

Dreamer and Braniac 5 would be fantastic additions to the Legends too. Get Nicole Maines in some cool period costumes.

With them reintroducing Nora/XS and introducing Bart/Impulse in Flash for a short story this season I had this thought that it might be a backdoor way to create a second Legends/teamup show with a future Legion show. Maybe even a way to sneak Katherine McNamara/Green Arrow back in after that spinoff got dropped since there were all kinds of stories about how high they were on her. No evidence, it was just a random idea I had.

TwoPair posted:

Pretty sure Supergirl and Batwoman were supposed to have a crossover this season but in between COVID and Ruby Rose quitting Batwoman forcing the whole season plot of that show to go wonky, that got scrapped

Yeah, I had a bittersweet smile when new Kate said she had to stop by National City to say goodbye to a friend. They were a really cute pair and its a shame everything that happened never really gave them a chance to run with it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Missed their chance to redo the Superman animated episode "Knight Time" where he was missing and Superman stood in for him.

Supergirl shows up, Batwoman is missing, and she wears the outfit for a little bit and clowns on all the villains.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

Missed their chance to redo the Superman animated episode "Knight Time" where he was missing and Superman stood in for him.

Supergirl shows up, Batwoman is missing, and she wears the outfit for a little bit and clowns on all the villains.

God I didn't even consider that and am instantly saddened.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh man I am also super sad that never happened.

So where is Dig going next, because after his last appearance he said he's finally going to do something about what he found, which is assumed to be a GL Ring.
His whole guest appearances was super confusing.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 1, 2021

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TwoPair posted:

It was going to be with Superman and Lois, and it was probably supposed to tie into the Kryptonite poisoning story, but that's mostly a guess on my part.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IT FINALLY EXISTS!

And it looks great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EEQ5Lj-cXM

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
It's somehow more relevant than ever?

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Seems cool, hope it doesnt suck !

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I still don’t believe it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Looks surprisingly faithful

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Y trailer looks good. I'm curious about some of the changes they're apparently making, like the introduction of a trans male supporting character who wasn't in the comic; "what happens to trans/nonbinary people," something that only got cursory references in the comic iirc, is not really a question you can ignore if you're tackling this premise in 2021, though I obviously have no idea how well it'll be handled here.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Barry Convex posted:

though I obviously have no idea how well it'll be handled here.

not very well, based on them trying to sell it this way

https://twitter.com/ambertamblyn/status/1423335726733742084

"a world without cisgender men! trans women? what? what's one of those?"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, is she even on the show?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's listed as Kimberly Cunningham.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzOth7VrzLo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Box of Bunnies posted:

not very well, based on them trying to sell it this way

https://twitter.com/ambertamblyn/status/1423335726733742084

"a world without cisgender men! trans women? what? what's one of those?"

Wait, wouldn't trans women die too, as the whole thing is anything with an Y chromosome died off? Transitioning doesn't change your genetic makeup. Though that means trans men should exist.

God drat season 2 ended on such a cliffhanger i'm glad to see its finally coming back. That being said, I do hope the Dorothy story ends fairly quickly because like anytime they add a kid to a show, that's what the show starts to be about.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Wait, wouldn't trans women die too, as the whole thing is anything with an Y chromosome died off? Transitioning doesn't change your genetic makeup. Though that means trans men should exist.

This is actually addressed in the comic, although in a very clunky way.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

twistedmentat posted:

as far as I know, yes to the trans women question. as for trans men, I mentioned this a bit up the page, but the show does have a trans male supporting character as a series regular who I don't believe was in the comic (I only recall a cursory reference to "he-shes" at one point).

obviously, the idea of being a trans man in a world where almost all cis men are dead raises a lot of weighty questions that I have no idea if the show will manage to tackle with the appropriate sensitivity, so we'll have to see

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

First episode of what if? was pretty good! Pacing is a little off but the animation looks a lot better than I was expecting from the trailers. I think the movies always did a pretty good job showing how strong Steve can be, but animation let’s Peggy wreck dudes and it’s loving awesome.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

What If? is on Wednesday release like Loki? That's good, I didn't like the idea long-term of spoilery shows being on Fridays when I'm least likely to be watching TV.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Can’t wait to have libs reference this show as proof that I’m actually a man

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

What If? is on Wednesday release like Loki? That's good, I didn't like the idea long-term of spoilery shows being on Fridays when I'm least likely to be watching TV.

Combo of Loki doing well on Wed and it being free of competition from Amazon/Netflix made them change all new releases for D+ to Wednesday

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Oh no What If looks like Berserk 2016.

E: Ok it's at least higher budget than that was. Anyway here's my spoiler free review of episode 1:

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 11, 2021

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Vince MechMahon posted:

Oh no What If looks like Berserk 2016.
https://i.imgur.com/i61d6EC.mp4

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lmao I forgot that part. But yeah after watching it, it's for sure better than that, but I just don't like this style of animation. It still looks janky to me, but it's not unwatchable like that show was.

E: Was that Chthon that Skull summoned or just some nameless cosmic horror?

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Aug 11, 2021

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I kept waiting for one big eye to show up so we could tell it was Shuma Gorath but sadly no. Really hoping that Marvel and DC could release their giant one eyed space starfish monsters within three days of each other.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
horny for huge Captain Carter

that's it, that's the review

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
How long until the Watcher breaks his vow? I'll set the over/under at episode 7

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

How long until the Watcher breaks his vow? I'll set the over/under at episode 7

What ifs...? are the only stories where he's present and doesn't break his vow.

or when he needs to call out Hank McCoy

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Skwirl posted:

What ifs...? are the only stories where he's present and doesn't break his vow.

Not counting What If: Annihilation. We go into it thinking that it's 616 Uatu showing us this alternate universe. In the end, it's the guilt-ridden Uatu of that world showing everyone on Earth the story because everyone needs to bear witness to Cap, Iron Man and Nova's inspiring sacrifice for the sake of worldwide morale in the face of tragedy.

God, I love that issue.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gavok posted:

Not counting What If: Annihilation. We go into it thinking that it's 616 Uatu showing us this alternate universe. In the end, it's the guilt-ridden Uatu of that world showing everyone on Earth the story because everyone needs to bear witness to Cap, Iron Man and Nova's inspiring sacrifice for the sake of worldwide morale in the face of tragedy.

God, I love that issue.

I hate you for being correct but love you for the correction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

horny for huge Captain Carter

that's it, that's the review

Like I said:

This is the whole episode.