Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

mate please clog this thread up

Only because you asked. He's the dude that pulled off the biggest jewel heist in US history:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYTzfn7w5Xg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I think the physical response is almost exactly the same for each (and also anger), its why teens take their dates to scary movies. Also why you have probably known at least one couple that sure do gently caress alot for two people that seem to hate each other.

The reason to take your date to a scary movie is so you can put your arm around them when the scary part happens old man!!!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That may be why you consciously take them, but really it's all about those sweet sweet endorphins. It's also why people like sports and rollercoasters. We should invent some sort of chemical that you can eat or drink that simulates endorphins. We'd be rich!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You fools are slaves to your endorphins but only I, the enlightened one, am capable of recognizing that you are slaves to your endorphins! Hahahaha, the endorphin rush from pointing this out to you owns! Wait! Oh no!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

CJacobs posted:

You fools are slaves to your endorphins but only I, the enlightened one, am capable of recognizing that you are slaves to your endorphins! Hahahaha, the endorphin rush from pointing this out to you owns! Wait! Oh no!

Everything that we know and love is reducible to the absurd acts of chemicals, and there is therefore no intrinsic value in this material universe

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"I'm endorphinished!" - That Guy From There Will Be Blood, probably

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

"I'm endorphinished!" - That Guy From There Will Be Blood, probably

"Eey! I'm endorphining here!"

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

I know some of it is people trying to live the romance novel trope of the magical damaged-man-healing vagina, but i think some women also just get turned on by dangerous men, and who is more dangerous than the dude who is literally in jail for lots of murders?
The thing about hybristophilia is that there isn't just one root cause in general or even per subject.

By all reports, Carol Boone was genuinely shocked and angry when Bundy confessed what a sick loser perv he was.

Pick posted:

I sincerely believe carville and matalin have just INSANE sex
who made you like this

jeez

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I mean they absolutely do though, she's not wrong about that.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

One of this year's crazes in Silicon Valley was going on endorphin fasts. No, really. Like, ending phone conversations with friends because they might become happy against their will.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

SHUT UP

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

One of this year's crazes in Silicon Valley was going on endorphin fasts. No, really. Like, ending phone conversations with friends because they might become happy against their will.

I wanna pants Silicon Valley in front of Nancy Finnegan while they try to ask her out to prom.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Jedit posted:

Technically, but if you think that I'm going to accuse my own mother of lying to me then think again. I provide content for this thread, I don't want to be content for it.

Your mother’s friend was repeating an urban legend as if it were her first-hand experience. Then your mother (the second hand) told you (the third hand).

I know some of it is people trying to live the romance novel trope of the magical damaged-man-healing vagina, but i think some women also just get turned on by dangerous men, and who is more dangerous than the dude who is literally in jail for lots of murders?

Well, then explain all the love letters from dudes to Aileen Wuornos, Karla Homolka, Luka Magnotti, and Dennis Nilsen? Among others, I’m sure; those just happen to be mentioned a lot.

People of all genders are super hosed up, is my explanation.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
imo lusting after hosed up monsters should be kept to fictional entities

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Like slenderman!

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
if you're basic af maybe

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

StillFullyTerrible posted:

if you're basic af maybe

Problem is, lusting after Shape of Water dude is so last decade.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
The recent murder and botched investigation surrounding SPC Vanessa Guillen made people pay attention to Ft. Hood, and most people lost interest by now but it seems like they have a lot of problems there.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Busket Posket posted:

The recent murder and botched investigation surrounding SPC Vanessa Guillen made people pay attention to Ft. Hood, and most people lost interest by now but it seems like they have a lot of problems there.

Ummmmm. There's no way any of this winds up not being something crazy and huge. I hope we find out.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

I wanna pants Silicon Valley in front of Nancy Finnegan while they try to ask her out to prom.

From an interview with the writers of the show Silicon Valley, about a meeting with the head of GoogleX

quote:

Teller ended the meeting by standing up in a huff, but his attempt at a dramatic exit was marred by the fact that he was wearing Rollerblades. He wobbled to the door in silence.

How “Silicon Valley” Nails Silicon Valley

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Sarcopenia posted:

I've literally been told the "Dude did drugs and now thinks he's a glass of orange juice, terrified of someone drinking him" by a mental healthcare professional as if it was a totally real thing that happened at her job and not a drug scare story. Also 2 people who's cousins had experienced the "snake sleeps next to owner, and gets spooky info at the vet when it stops eating".

Both of those stories just happened to be really popular chainmail stories at the time.

The glass of orange juice story I've heard most often attributed to Syd Barrett or Brian Wilson.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

The Golden Gael posted:

The glass of orange juice story I've heard most often attributed to Syd Barrett or Brian Wilson.

Hmm, I'd actually believe it about Syd Barrett

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

xtal posted:

Hmm, I'd actually believe it about Syd Barrett

Brian Wilson wouldn't be off the mark. It's true that he had a meltdown during the production of Smile and in his words was "about ready to die". But the stories I can't confirm are pretty close to the orange juice madness; for example, he supposedly had a truckload of sand brought into the recording studio and had the boys dress in lays and Hawaiian shirts to make the music better.

There's also a story that he thought a song he was writing called Fire was causing fires in his neighbourhood, so he burnt all the masters to stop it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Golden Gael posted:

There's also a story that he thought a song he was writing called Fire was causing fires in his neighbourhood, so he burnt all the masters to stop it.

Now here's a story all about how
My neighborhood almost burned down
I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
As I tell you how my song set fires in Bel-Air

In front of my piano penning rhymes
In the studio is where I'd spend most of my time
Writing down notes and composing progressions
For another successful musical session
When a couple of fires that were not very good
Starting breaking out around Inglewood
That one little fright was all I required
to destroy all the masters of a song I called Fire

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

So I'm a-lying here just staring at the ceiling tiles
And I'm thinking about, oh, what to think about
Just listening and relistening to Smiley Smile
And I'm wondering if this is some kind of creative drought

Because I'm lying in bed just like Brian Wilson did
Well, I-I'm lying in bed just like Brian Wilson did, whoa

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ummmmm. There's no way any of this winds up not being something crazy and huge. I hope we find out.

Well for starters everyone there is living in Killeen

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm almost glad I live in a continent that just catches fire of its own accord due to the native flora having evolved to be as flammable as possible to take advantage of it and the native human culture involving regular burn-offs before their genocide

oh wait

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

christmas boots posted:

Everything that we know and love is reducible to the absurd acts of chemicals, and there is therefore no intrinsic value in this material universe
Hypocrite that you are, for you trust the chemicals in your brain to tell you they are chemicals. All knowledge is ultimately based on that which we cannot prove. Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.

The Golden Gael posted:

So I'm a-lying here just staring at the ceiling tiles
And I'm thinking about, oh, what to think about
Just listening and relistening to Smiley Smile
And I'm wondering if this is some kind of creative drought

Because I'm lying in bed just like Brian Wilson did
Well, I-I'm lying in bed just like Brian Wilson did, whoa

I had a dream
that I was 300 pounds
and though I was very heavy
I floated 'til I couldn't see the ground

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, that's gonna be in my head today now

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Well for starters everyone there is living in Killeen

Spent two years at Hood. This checks out.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

It came from r/relationships...

LadyPictureShow posted:

i(m16)'m worried that my hybristophilia is going to ruin my relationship with my boyfriend (m17)

quote:

i'm not sure where to post this. i apologize if it doesn't fit here.

for those unaware, hybristophilia is basically an attraction, usually sexual, to criminals. it means i have strong feelings towards people like richard ramirez (serial killer/rapist/burglar), jeffrey dahmer (serial killer/cannibal/rapist) and ted bundy (serial killer/rapist/necrophiliac). despite this, i do not condone.

we've been together for a few months and i recently told my boyfriend about this and he's relatively ok with it.

he's trying to help me stop these thoughts and feelings because he knows that i hate them. sometimes i want to get better, but most of the time i'm ok being like this. it's all so confusing.

earlier, he told me to change my profile pictures (my discord and main reddit both have richard ramirez profile pictures) and stop using tumblr, i kept refusing to. now he's mad at me for not listening and for not trying to fix myself.

i love him so much but i'm scared that he'll like me less because of this.

tl;dr, i'm worried my sexual attraction to serial killers (hybristophilia) is going to be the end of my relationship

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oof. Guess maybe his boyfriend can try stealing a candy bar in front of him or something to try and warm into the serial killer stuff? I'm sure they can make it!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

That was posted here before and I'm going to make the same recommendation I did before: boyfriend should fulfil OP's stupid fetish by cultivating Richard Ramirez's famously horrible breath.

This fixation is so goddamn dumb, getting off tumblr would be a good start.

*correction, it was not posted in this thread before but I did make that recommendation in the r/elationships mock thread

coronatae has a new favorite as of 23:01 on Aug 22, 2020

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

coronatae posted:

That was posted here before and I'm going to make the same recommendation I did before: boyfriend should fulfil OP's stupid fetish by cultivating Richard Ramirez's famously horrible breath.

This fixation is so goddamn stupid, getting off tumblr would be a good start.
I'm sure it's not so easy to just stop as it seems from the outside, but like, leaving communities that support that and trying to cut yourself off from true crime stuff and focus on something else has to be a start. Lots of unhealthy fixations are compulsive, it doesn't mean the solution is just to shrug and go oh well, especially when they can lead to behavior that harms yourself or others, which in this case would probably be the temptation to get into relationships with real scumbags.

EDIT: I would also advise someone to get off tumblr if they were, say, struggling with an eating disorder, bc tumblr throws pro-ana and thinspiration blogs into the recs a lot for some reason. The platform isn't the content that the platform can contain, but if you're unable or unwilling to filter out triggering content, it's not healthy to be on there.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

PetraCore posted:

I would also advise someone to get off tumblr

mania
Sep 9, 2004

The Golden Gael posted:

I won't link because I've done a fine enough job clogging up the thread already, but I researched a story on a guy named Murf the Surf who was exactly that. Charming as hell, a swindler, and convicted on murder (he denies it). While locked up he found God, a sympathetic reporter who became his wife, and managed to get out. He's born again now and spends his time telling people not to lie cheat and steal.

There’s a podcast by wondery called The Sneak and season 2 is about Murf the Surf.

It’s got some interesting stuff - like one of the reasons why the original robbery got so much publicity and the robbers so much fame is because it was an Ocean’s 11 kind of victimless robbery with gentleman thieves where no one gets hurt, but years later during an interview, Murphy just drops a bit about how during the robbery he had a gun with him was supposed to take care of the security guard patrolling if the guard came across them.

One of the things I found really messed up was when Murph was interviewed some years back and somehow Murphy manages to get his hands on the reporter’s hotel bill with the telephone charges and proceeds to make calls to the reporter’s parents, best friend and girlfriend, basically threatening the reporter. And this happened while Murph was supposed to a reformed evangelist who had changed his ways.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

I never knew that. Wow! Thanks for the info, that's completely looney of him.

Charlie Zelenoff got in touch with me in the comments of my video about him. I'm fairly certain it's him, the syntax and overall tone is spot on.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Busket Posket posted:

*in DJ Khaled voice* Another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

The Golden Gael posted:

I never knew that. Wow! Thanks for the info, that's completely looney of him.

Charlie Zelenoff got in touch with me in the comments of my video about him. I'm fairly certain it's him, the syntax and overall tone is spot on.

Crime in Sports also covered him, way back in their first couple dozen episodes.

Murph, not Charlie.