Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I don't think we've ever seen Luffy quite like this before; usually when he gets taken down he's immediately trying to get back up while yelling his head off. Quiet, seething rage is new, like he's focused on gearing up something really, really big.

Luffy gave me Griffith vibes all hosed up and covered in bandages like that. Seething rage Luffy is cool.

Also, Kaidou attempted to annihilate his crew in one blow, of course Luffy would be pissed with all-consuming rage.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Also this chapter shows a little progress on my boy Luffy

Passively knocking people out with your haki while unconcious? Our bouncing rubber boy has hit the big leagues

Didn't Luffy basically do this when fighting off the wolves in Impel Down trying to help his friend, Bon Clay?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
What if Kidd can eat the poison fish because he can take the mercury out of it?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Raposa posted:

Didn't Oda say he wanted to introduce some super bad rear end from Roger's generation in Wano? I'd bet that's who's spitting fish bones, or else it's one of the retainers Kinemon is looking for.

Scopper Gaban?

Also, Wano loving owns, you guys.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Didn't Luffy basically do this when fighting off the wolves in Impel Down trying to help his friend, Bon Clay?

no, he was conscious for that

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Raposa posted:

Didn't Oda say he wanted to introduce some super bad rear end from Roger's generation in Wano? I'd bet that's who's spitting fish bones, or else it's one of the retainers Kinemon is looking for.
Doesn't Oden fit that bill? Or did he specify a super badass who's still alive?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Given Kaido's whole theme with him and his underlings has been industrial-scale weapons production and black marketing, all the way back to the slave market on Saobody, SMILE processing and chemical weapons factory on Punk Hazard, and weapons and SMILE production on Dressrosa, it's actually pretty fitting that he turns out to likely have a monopoly on Seastone and is the reason it's so relatively commonplace now (especially with the WG able to purchase it in bulk) when it was likely very rare in the old days.

Kaido is probably one of the most dangerous even by Emperor standards, because on top of his personal power he's basically single-handedly responsible for how the world is escalating in weaponry and countermeasures for Devil Fruits, and given his reaction to the SMILE production line being destroyed by the Straw Hats and Law, his ambitions didn't stop there. Big Mom kinda implicitly has reshaped entire islands to suit her whims and Whitebeard commanded probably one of the most powerful fleets in the world, but Kaido has literally mass-produced and exported war.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Oden, and like all of the 7 samurai that didn't time-jump, easily qualify for "badass from Roger's generation". Guy in the cage could easily be another one of the Samurai or could be Killer since we don't know what he looks like under his mask. Either ways its gonna be cool and we're gonna love the new guy.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mr_Moose posted:

What if Kidd can eat the poison fish because he can take the mercury out of it?

IIRC Mercury isnt magnetic

edit: I googled around and mercurys magnetism is so slight as to be imperceptible. Sorry to ruin your joke

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

EGSunBro posted:

Oden, and like all of the 7 samurai that didn't time-jump, easily qualify for "badass from Roger's generation". Guy in the cage could easily be another one of the Samurai or could be Killer since we don't know what he looks like under his mask. Either ways its gonna be cool and we're gonna love the new guy.

i actually hope its a returning character we haven't seen in a really long time

lol if its chu (its not chu)

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Big Mom kinda implicitly has reshaped entire islands to suit her whims and Whitebeard commanded probably one of the most powerful fleets in the world, but Kaido has literally mass-produced and exported war.

Which makes it all the more intriguing and amazing how Shanks is able to stay on equal footing with them as a fellow Emperor despite (a) being Devil Fruit-less, (b) not having a giant or otherwise freakish body, (c) having a single ship instead of a giant fleet. What exactly the gently caress does Shanks have that matches up to Big Mom, Kaido and Whitebeard's powers?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

EGSunBro posted:

What new guy? That was Kidd bro, we've known him for years now

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

JosephWongKS posted:

Which makes it all the more intriguing and amazing how Shanks is able to stay on equal footing with them as a fellow Emperor despite (a) being Devil Fruit-less, (b) not having a giant or otherwise freakish body, (c) having a single ship instead of a giant fleet. What exactly the gently caress does Shanks have that matches up to Big Mom, Kaido and Whitebeard's powers?

If I had to guess I would say that it’s a combination of charisma, extreme martial prowess and the fact that it appears that at least some of the crew members can go toe to toe with an admiral

Edit: dude also has some serious leverage over the world government to be able to enter mariejoa unopposed and be granted an audience with the highest political body at his whim

papasyhotcakes fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 10, 2018

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

The best alcohol in the world. Anytime he has a problem with the other Yonko, he gets them drunk.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Shanks is a lot better at making friends, I bet.

He is a former member of Roger's crew after all, and from all indications, they were no gimmicks, no Devil Fruits, just really, REALLY good at being pirates. Shanks likely followed his lead.

Though really we haven't seen much of Shanks at all so there's not much to judge by yet. Going by the cover arc, he operates similar to the other Emperors with islands being declared under his protection and all.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Parrotine posted:

Kidd and the guy who spit the fishbone out are two entirely different people.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Viridiant posted:

maybe. don't think it's entirely clear yet

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Manatee Cannon posted:

maybe. don't think it's entirely clear yet

The cell fishbone spitter is in opens directly onto the outside. The cell that Kidd and Luffy are in is inside, down a hallway and past some stairs.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

anime was right posted:

i actually hope its a returning character we haven't seen in a really long time

lol if its chu (its not chu)

Finally, the return of Gin at last!

Parrotine posted:

I went and reread the chapter to make sure, and I don't think so. They walk away from the cell the spitter is in, and his silhouette has a rounded top while Kidd has more wild, uneven hair.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol def a different guy

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

EGSunBro posted:

Finally, the return of Gin at last!

I went and reread the chapter to make sure, and I don't think so. They walk away from the cell the spitter is in, and his silhouette has a rounded top while Kidd has more wild, uneven hair.

The rounded top actually makes me wonder if it's Absalom, but I know it's most likely an entirely new character.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Viridiant posted:

The rounded top actually makes me wonder if it's Absalom, but I know it's most likely an entirely new character.

Absalom is accounted for as a wandering journalist making a living off of :bignews:

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
There's still so many characters we need to meet this arc: a few of the samurai, more of Kaido's army including Queen and King, Orochi himself and any men he personally has. Add on top of that the rest of the Zou crew, Apoo, X-Drake, Killer, Kidd, whatever Hawkins is up to, probably more flashbacks, the rest of the straw hats joining up, whatever's going to happen with Zoro...

Then the potential things like Big Mom showing up (I don't think it'll happen personally but who knows), whatevers gonna go down with the seastone, more past characters showing up/being referenced, the new guys getting fleshed out more, etc. This arc is so massively nuts in potential scope and build up over the years that even at 5 acts I'm not sure how Oda's gonna pull all this off or how many years we're gonna be here in Wano, but I can't wait to find out.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Viridiant posted:

I read the bit about how the fish were poisonous and my mind immediately went Magellan but I don't remember what that dude's up to at the moment. I wouldn't complain if fishbone guy was him. He was awesome in Impel Down.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Absalom is accounted for as a wandering journalist making a living off of :bignews:

I mean that was a while ago now, though. He could still be in contact with Moriah, and I'm expecting Moriah to show up in this arc.

Desumaytah posted:

I read the bit about how the fish were poisonous and my mind immediately went Magellan but I don't remember what that dude's up to at the moment. I wouldn't complain if fishbone guy was him. He was awesome in Impel Down.

He's still at Impel Down. Last we saw, Doflamingo was talking to him when he was in jail cell.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Magellan was demoted and Hannyabal became Chief Warden.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Viridiant posted:

I mean that was a while ago now, though. He could still be in contact with Moriah, and I'm expecting Moriah to show up in this arc.

A while ago for us, like maybe two months in comic time.

Also why would Moriah show up? I seriously can't think of any reason why he'd want to get involved in any of this, and even being completely unaware of everything that's happening in Wano, Kaido is there and Moriah very definitely wants to stay as far away from him as possible.

Like, at least with Big Mom there was an ominous secret conversation between her and Kaido that heavily hints at her being at least somewhat involved this arc. Meanwhile Moriah hasn't been seen or heard from since the Marineford War, and "it's been a while since we've seen them" has never been particularly good indication that a given character is going to make an appearance.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Also why would Moriah show up? I seriously can't think of any reason why he'd want to get involved in any of this, and even being completely unaware of everything that's happening in Wano, Kaido is there and Moriah very definitely wants to stay as far away from him as possible.

Like, at least with Big Mom there was an ominous secret conversation between her and Kaido that heavily hints at her being at least somewhat involved this arc. Meanwhile Moriah hasn't been seen or heard from since the Marineford War, and "it's been a while since we've seen them" has never been particularly good indication that a given character is going to make an appearance.

Getting decked by a riled up Luffy has a way of changing your mind.

Here's hoping he's pulled a DBS Buu and started wroking out.
gimme dat ultra buff moria

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Moriah only wanted to stay far away from Kaido for as long as it took him to find a way to get back at him. Remember that the entire reason for his obsession with Oars was to create a zombie powerful enough to win against Kaido. Though traumatized by memories of what Kaido did to his crew, Moriah says in chapter 463 that he still very much intends on becoming Pirate King.

Moriah's story is a huge loose end. Do you really think Oda would leave it at "Moriah mysteriously disappears forever"? When else would Moriah show up? Kaido is the most relevant time for him to make a reappearance, nothing else ties so directly to his backstory.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So rereading OP on mangadex and its missing 20 or so chapters in whole cake island. With kissmanga broken half the time whats the next best site that the mangaloader tampermonkey script works on?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
How would Moriah's powers interact if he had somehow dug up the body of White Beard?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Viridiant posted:

Moriah only wanted to stay far away from Kaido for as long as it took him to find a way to get back at him. Remember that the entire reason for his obsession with Oars was to create a zombie powerful enough to win against Kaido. Though traumatized by memories of what Kaido did to his crew, Moriah says in chapter 463 that he still very much intends on becoming Pirate King.

Moriah's story is a huge loose end. Do you really think Oda would leave it at "Moriah mysteriously disappears forever"? When else would Moriah show up? Kaido is the most relevant time for him to make a reappearance, nothing else ties so directly to his backstory.

Moriah is a boring character anyway, adding him now just weakens the arc

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Ubiquitus posted:

Moriah is a boring character anyway, adding him now just weakens the arc

That's certainly a new take.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Jose posted:

So rereading OP on mangadex and its missing 20 or so chapters in whole cake island. With kissmanga broken half the time whats the next best site that the mangaloader tampermonkey script works on?

Dunno what the mangaloader script does for you, but mangalife.us is usually my go-to these days for catching up on anything that's not current.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Moriah? More like bore-iah

At this point I don't want him to show up just because people can't shut up about it. Same thing with every time people dig up Gin, I want the last panel of the manga be of his moss-covered gravestone

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Shoren posted:

Dunno what the mangaloader script does for you, but mangalife.us is usually my go-to these days for catching up on anything that's not current.

It just loads the pages sequentially on sites that don't do it normally. This works though so cheers

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it completely makes sense that its Absalom because the dudes keep talking about not knowing what's in the cell. he's invisible lol.

they forever-jailed him because he was a journalist leaking wano information to the outside world.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 10, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Absalom is absolutely not badass enough to kill a man at twenty paces with a fishbone.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

anime was right posted:

it completely makes sense that its Absalom because the dudes keep talking about not knowing what's in the cell. he's invisible lol.

they forever-jailed him because he was a journalist leaking wano information to the outside world.

That's fun, but it's a shadowed cell that no one enters. Anyone could make sense. My money's on another one of Oden's former badass retainers.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
they're jinbes eyes lol

edit: lmao literally all of the male schihibukai have the target eyes (mihawk has an extra second circle). the eyelids are spaced and shaped exactly the same as jinbe's serious-angry glare tho. kidd also has the target shape eyes, but his are way more narrow.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's marco

he actually does die every time he eats the fish but is then brought back to life