Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

lmbo calrissian posted:

I'm having a third life crisis and ive changed my ways and now want to buy an EV for my ~30th birthday

/Laughs in Nth life crisis

At thirty even

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lmbo calrissian
Feb 1, 2007

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Life is so hard for anyone who simply wants anything other than a toyota or honda, or their incel cousin hyundai

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

You are starting to sound like a person that should buy a used BMW 7-series.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
everyone told you to buy a mazda in the first place to meet your initial criteria which is not very difficult to do

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

lmbo calrissian posted:

this all seems like a great argument to just go with ICE

lmbo calrissian posted:

Life is so hard for anyone who simply wants anything other than a toyota or honda, or their incel cousin hyundai

Consider then, the ninja h2. It meets your criteria.

MSRP of 30K.
Can get a new one.
Includes overhead access to the breeze through a very spacious sun roof.
Can commute and have fun.
Will help you learn.
Japanese.
Not a Hyundai.
Not a CVT.
27mpg on fuelly.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

lmbo calrissian posted:

What if I said I didn't want any soy boy beta cuck cars, thoroughly eliminating hyundai

electric hummer

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I reread your OP and what stands out to me is that you both say you're not too knowledgeable about cars (no worries!), you know you want something more exciting (great!), but then you have a list of arbitrary exclusions that seem at odds with the first two points.

I'd suggest you let the thread toss any recommendations at you and go test drive them, with no restrictions or objections, because both you and the thread needs a better idea of what you actually do and don't like.

I'm going to suggest a Mustang couple, 4 cylinder. They're fun, stylish, reliable, get decent MPG, and are very comfortable and roomy (in the front seat).

Go ride around in one, and in other cars people recommend, and come back and tell us what you did and didn't like, and we'll be able to give a lot more useful feedback, and you'll probably end up with a car you genuinely love.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm going to suggest going back to /pol/ and asking them what to buy

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
He can get a Mach E which has extra frunk room for his giant soy free balls. It's even insulated so you can keep your balls on ice after being forced into someone else's peasant car.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

I reread your OP and what stands out to me is that you both say you're not too knowledgeable about cars (no worries!), you know you want something more exciting (great!), but then you have a list of arbitrary exclusions that seem at odds with the first two points.

At some point you have to be willing to consider that someone kramered into this thread possibly for a real reason but is pretty obviously still here just to get a reaction.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yup.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Tired: Driving Lancia Beta
Wired: Driving Alfa Romeo Giulia
Oh poo poo Giulia is a girls name, cant have that.

Inspired: RAM Longhorn :dong: :wiggle:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

bad_fmr posted:

You should buy a used BMW 7-series.

This is the best option if you don't want a full size SUV, but want the utility of enormous interior volume + luxury of air suspension, can't agree more

It's also super nice for long road trips, you can put the car seat behind the passenger seat, and still fully recline the front seat for napa

lmbo calrissian
Feb 1, 2007

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'd suggest you let the thread toss any recommendations at you and go test drive them, with no restrictions or objections, because both you and the thread needs a better idea of what you actually do and don't like.

I'm going to suggest a Mustang couple, 4 cylinder. They're fun, stylish, reliable, get decent MPG, and are very comfortable and roomy (in the front seat).

Go ride around in one, and in other cars people recommend, and come back and tell us what you did and didn't like, and we'll be able to give a lot more useful feedback, and you'll probably end up with a car you genuinely love.

Maybe the whole 3rd life crisis flare up was a bit strong last night, but also, >>>>taking incel/beta jokes on SA seriously, but it’s quite simply the most efficient way to describe why I do not want a hyundai. But that doesn’t necessarily mean I want the opposite, in fact American muscle is the other least appealing thing to me. Maybe I should test drive a mustang anyway at least to see. But do they become a poo poo show after 100k miles? Or any of the other suggestions you guys made on this page?

I will at least test out a lotta different cars first including Mazdas and series 7 to balance out the third life crisis impulses or at least get more clarity on my conflicting preferences. I would also like to announce to you all that my very first test drive tomorrow is a Polestar, and it’s in Beverly Hills.

lmbo calrissian fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 1, 2022

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

You have the perfect personality for a Tesla

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

knox_harrington posted:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

knox_harrington posted:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

That means you suck, op

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

sitting in traffic in my hyundai thinking about how my wife is probably getting rammed by a dude who drives a tesla

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Imagine having such bad taste that you think this car is cool

but this car is for incels who can't get laid.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

knox_harrington posted:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

knox_harrington posted:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

OP make sure when they write up the sales contract they add all the clear coat, aftermarket lo jack, dealer fees, maintenance and extended warranties

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

If those crooks at Tesla won’t do it for you, take it over to an honest dealer and they’ll hook you up.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

guys the hummer ev was invented for this alpha chad man, do not stand in the way

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Can I change my answer to electrifying a used BMW 7 series?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
What is the thread's opinion on a Mazda CX-5 and also why are used cars within the last 5 years more expensive than new ones?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

The CX-5 is a thread favorite. I'm not as high on Mazda as many others in the thread, but they make good cars.

Used cars are more expensive than new due to Supply and Demand. For example in my area lightly used trucks are selling for way over MSRP in some cases, because there are no new ones on the lot to sell. I've seen used Tacoma's selling at dealers for over 10K over MSRP. A new Tacoma is 6 to 9 months out, and if you need a truck now, you gotta pay.

lmbo calrissian
Feb 1, 2007

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
:rolleyes:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

KillHour posted:

sitting in traffic in my hyundai thinking about how my wife is probably getting rammed by a dude who drives a tesla

hell yeah she is

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

KillHour posted:

hey now, the dude is only liable because autopilot shut of half a second before impact

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

zedprime posted:

Can I change my answer to electrifying a used BMW 7 series?

well if there's one car that can accept a model S drive train, this is it

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

carry on then posted:

hey now, the dude is only liable because autopilot shut of half a second before impact

:perfect:

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

What is the thread's opinion on a Mazda CX-5 and also why are used cars within the last 5 years more expensive than new ones?

CX5 is great, especially with a turbo. I have a ‘21 Signature and it is very nice inside and as far as CUVs go it is not deathly boring. Nor is it full of gimmicks and modes and whatnot, it just has one setting that is good.

Used cars are expensive because you can drive them away today and not wait weeks/months. Supply is still constrained and there’s a huge back log of demand. It may be slowly improving, but slowly is the keyword there.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
"please buy this overpriced 3 year lease return SUV for $62k before we have to wash it! with a filthy rag that's been dropped in gravel several times"

https://www.bmwusa.com/certified-preowned-search/#/detail/5UXCR6C53KLL38795

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

KillHour posted:

I actually drive a Tacoma (both start with a "T") but don't worry, I won't turn her in to a Roastie.

waffy
Oct 31, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

Another CX5 owner here (2021 Grand Touring). I love it. IMO recent Mazdas have some of the best style in their segments, feel pretty luxurious for not being a luxury brand, and consistently feel good to drive. Just make sure you test out the click wheel for the infotainment control. It’s very different than using a touchscreen, which I love, but some people don’t like it as much.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

waffy posted:

Another CX5 owner here (2021 Grand Touring). I love it. IMO recent Mazdas have some of the best style in their segments, feel pretty luxurious for not being a luxury brand, and consistently feel good to drive. Just make sure you test out the click wheel for the infotainment control. It’s very different than using a touchscreen, which I love, but some people don’t like it as much.

+1 to the interiors of this being fantastic.
They really did a great job.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Wheels aren't only correct, touch screens should be illegal.

Might as well start calling this the Prius and CX 5 thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Which used Prius is a good one to get? There’s a zillion models lol