Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

So the idea is that this happens, right?

1) You attack with primary, hopefully miss
2) Your miss triggers IG-88B ability (through IG-88D) and Gunner
3) You resolve IG-88B cannon attack first
4) Then you resolve the Gunner primary attack

Yeah, as I read it that's 100% legit.

Yeah.

I've got a buddy who might looooove this combo. He's been trying to find the perfect ship to run with a beefy bossk. This might be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

YV-666: · Moralo Eval (34)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· IG-88D (1)
· Bossk (2)
Gunner (5)

Aggressor: · IG-88B (36)
· Lone Wolf (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

Or Tactician instead of Bossk, to double or triple stress, maybe with a Tractor Beam.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
What about putting HotCop on there instead of Bossk?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

That was just suggested to me actually! Makes the first shot real easy to miss.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

You really need Dengar crew so you get modification. Three unmodified attacks is a lot less scary than three modified ones. (also you can use Dengar to help make sure you miss)

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

(also you can use Dengar to help make sure you miss)

Wow yeah, never realized that.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I spent a lot of time tooling around with Gunner, Hot-Shot Copilot, and Dengar on the Bossk bus.

Attack with primary, dengar to help ensure miss, hotcop forces them to spend token anyway because you still technically have to roll dice (and thus can spend the focus) even if the attack misses entirely. Then Gunner to do it again, this time aiming to hit.

Worst case scenario (they have mutliple focuses) your buddy ship then gets a shot.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Daily broken homebrew I found

Mainly cause it has two astroslots....and only 1s and 2s on the dial. Slow, but guarenteed regen? Plus all those other slots. Plus if you are stressed, you can pass the regen onto someone else too at range two. All for 24 points.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This guy spelled Siegebreaker wrong because he thought the incorrect spelling looked better.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Also, note. The pilot isn't unique. And has an ability.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Mainly cause it has two astroslots....and only 1s and 2s on the dial. Slow, but guarenteed regen? Plus all those other slots. Plus if you are stressed, you can pass the regen onto someone else too at range two. All for 24 points.

R2-D2 + R2 Astromech? So him and 2 others can regen if they all do Greens or give someone else a green move with built in regen. That seems fine, and he's 2/2/3/5 jesus christ. Yeah he'll never get to take an action with his bucket of stress but who cares as even his K-Turn would be green.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Ep. 8 spoilers

Rumors are that there will be a First Order TIE Bomber in Ep 8. Apparently based on some LEGO set leaks.

http://www.houndstooth.eu/tie-bomber-in-episode-viii/

I would buy TIE/FO Bombers just for the look, tbh.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Finster Dexter posted:

Ep. 8 spoilers

Rumors are that there will be a First Order TIE Bomber in Ep 8. Apparently based on some LEGO set leaks.

http://www.houndstooth.eu/tie-bomber-in-episode-viii/

I would buy TIE/FO Bombers just for the look, tbh.

Heck, I'm excited for any new First Order vehicles.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hmm, I think the pilot ability is the broken part. This ship can take stress to let others use its astromechs, meaning that EVERY ship that does a green gets R2D2 (up to twice per round).

Support ships have to be crazy strong to be worth their points, though. Kitted out this thing is gonna cost more than a palp shuttle. It would have to be at least that good to be worth its points.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

Hmm, I think the pilot ability is the broken part. This ship can take stress to let others use its astromechs, meaning that EVERY ship that does a green gets R2D2 (up to twice per round).

Support ships have to be crazy strong to be worth their points, though. Kitted out this thing is gonna cost more than a palp shuttle. It would have to be at least that good to be worth its points.

Think about it even bigger. Every other pilot if they have an astroslot gets to use their astro too. This thing with r2-d2 and r2 is 30 points. Toss Biggs next to it? Give Biggs damage droid. Have Wedge with some other droid. Laugh.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Think about it even bigger. Every other pilot if they have an astroslot gets to use their astro too. This thing with r2-d2 and r2 is 30 points. Toss Biggs next to it? Give Biggs damage droid. Have Wedge with some other droid. Laugh.

Yeah, I know.

Double regen on Poe (R5-P9) and Miranda (pilot ability) if this thing has R2D2? Nora with BB8/PTL/Kyle and regen?

It goes on. It's that sharing that's dangerous. Is it broken? Or does this thing turn into a 35 point Biggs? I'd have to playtest the hell out of it.

And I don't wanna.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah, I know.

Double regen on Poe (R5-P9) and Miranda (pilot ability) if this thing has R2D2? Nora with BB8/PTL/Kyle and regen?

It goes on. It's that sharing that's dangerous. Is it broken? Or does this thing turn into a 35 point Biggs? I'd have to playtest the hell out of it.

And I don't wanna.

The downside is that a. I don't know if the homebrewer intended for it to be range 2 only or range 1-2, and it means the rest of your list needs to go super slow since it's only got 1s and 2s.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Sorry for dbl post but SCUM EPIC

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

bunnyofdoom posted:

Sorry for dbl post but SCUM EPIC

:wow:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Also, kinda sad no Hondo card.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Based on the image joke's on us, though. If you want to run that 8-Scyk swarm you'll need to buy two of these :v:

e: also to be really scary, they should've given it green turns instead of just making the 3-banks green.

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 9, 2017

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Huh. Cikatro Vizago (crew) lets you swap discard him to change your equipped (face-up) illicit for one of equal/lesser value.

I can see lots of interesting things, like starting with feedback array but switching to black market slicer tools.

Also a new "light" Syck title. Not sure how good it is.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Also lol at the picture of the Syck having Redline's TIE Punisher base.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ConfusedUs posted:

Huh. Cikatro Vizago (crew) lets you swap discard him to change your equipped (face-up) illicit for one of equal/lesser value.

I can see lots of interesting things, like starting with feedback array but switching to black market slicer tools.

Also a new "light" Syck title. Not sure how good it is.

Azmorigan does the same for crews and teams

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Zuckuss swapping Cloaking Device for Glitterstim after it burns out.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Azmorigan does the same for crews and teams

Yeah but he's huge ship only. Cikatro is not.

Strobe posted:

Zuckuss swapping Cloaking Device for Glitterstim after it burns out.

When the cloak burns out, you have to discard it. Does it still count for Cikatro? The conditions are equipped, face-up. It doesn't flip face-down, but is it still "equipped"?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah but he's huge ship only. Cikatro is not.

When the cloak burns out, you have to discard it. Does it still count for Cikatro? The conditions are equipped, face-up. It doesn't flip face-down, but is it still "equipped"?

discard equals face-down, now

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

discard equals face-down, now

Oh yeah.

FFG why does the illicit cloak suck so much? WHYYY

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Swap while cloaked. You already have the token, and Cloaking Device doesn't say "you must have this card equipped to have a cloak token." :smuggo:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
:lol: if you swap while cloaked the cloak can never burn out. Swap to Feedback Array and laugh.

Strobe fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 9, 2017

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That C-ROC expack came out of no where. :drat:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

:lol: if you swap while cloaked the cloak can never burn out. Swap to Feedback Array and laugh.

You also can't shoot though, right?

Oh god I think you can put this on the Quadjumper, permanently enable cloak, swap for scavenging crane. Get a new bomb every time anything dies. Hand out tractor beam tokens as an action. Four greens. Can't shoot, but who cares?

Jakku Gunrunner (15)
Cikatro Vizago (0)
Seismic Charges (2)
Cloaking Device (2) (Swap for Scavenging Crane after cloaking)
Spacetug Tractor Array (2)

Total: 21

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

You also can't shoot though, right?

Oh god I think you can put this on the Quadjumper, permanently enable cloak, swap for scavenging crane. Get a new bomb every time anything dies. Hand out tractor beam tokens as an action. Four greens. Can't shoot, but who cares?

Jakku Gunrunner (15)
Cikatro Vizago (0)
Seismic Charges (2)

Now this is podracing!

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

bunnyofdoom posted:

Also, kinda sad no Hondo card.

There'll probably be a second article that reveals more of the upgrades. Since Hondo has a tendency to play all sides in Rebels, it'd be hilarious if he has no faction restrictions on his card.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Dammit. Where the hell do you people even store your epic ships?

This and the MTG banhamer event causing all sorts of ruckuss is making my morning.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
...are unique cards still considered in play and unique if they're discarded?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
That Cikatro card is just a really good example of FFG having really badly written cards. If I use it on a tournament, does that mean I can bring all my illicit cards and make a side stack of cards I can go through, and will I need to list all of the illicits in that side stack on my squad list sheet?

ConfusedUs posted:

Jakku Gunrunner (15)
Cikatro Vizago (0)
Seismic Charges (2)

Also, this is great. Maybe make a permanently cloaked Polab and have an invisible ghost stealing all your tokens :ghost:

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 9, 2017

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Is that a Jabba crew card in the main picture? Above the Merchant One title card?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Like, can you turn the epic ships into something useful? Maybe some sort of lamp or an oversized pepper grinder? Looking for ideas here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

Now this is podracing!

Upgrade to Unkar and Primed Thrusters at 24 poitns for the most annoying blocker in the game.

Chill la Chill posted:

Dammit. Where the hell do you people even store your epic ships?

This and the MTG banhamer event causing all sorts of ruckuss is making my morning.

In their original boxes in a closet. Except my Raider, which sits on my desk at work looking awesome.

Strobe posted:

...are unique cards still considered in play and unique if they're discarded?

Probably. As mentioned above, I don't think they leave play, they're just flipped face-down now. If not you could do some hilarious things like having Boba Fett jet from one ship to another.

• Locked thread