Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Snak posted:

yeah, because it's not just gun, it's type of gun. When I found a scoped gun right away, I was set. Often, I can't find a gun before I'm killed. I don't know how to land any faster. On game I dove straight down, landed, and was immediately shot and killed. So someone landed so much faster than me they had time to pick up a gun and run over to where I was and kill me. I don't know how you can move faster than falling straight down...

The shotgun gave me the most love. i think I actually got every kill with it. I'd just crouch walk whenever I heard footsteps and try to follow them. i you catch someone off guard or at a bad angle they are done. it got too sparse towards the end and I was trying to use sniper/scoped assault but got killed before I could really tell if they were good. I think I would have survived that shoot out too if it wasn't for the clunky weapon switch.

I want to party up but as far as I can tell the party function is broken. Me and my buddy tried for 30 minutes to get a game with no luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ghost Babel is a better Metal Gear game than MGSV.

Hell, Snake's Revenge is a better Metal Gear game than MGSV.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Ghost Babel is a better Metal Gear game than MGSV.

V times better, in fact.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Snak's Revenge

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The best part about Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is all the weirdness it inspired at The Game Awards, including Jade Raymond throwing shade at Kiefer Sutherland and Geoff Keighley looking at Kojima the way Ocelot looks at Punished "Venom" Snake

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The best part about Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is all the weirdness it inspired at The Game Awards, including Jade Raymond throwing shade at Kiefer Sutherland and Geoff Keighley looking at Kojima the way Ocelot looks at Snake

The game transcends what was released by Konami and that's why it's so special.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The drama surrounding MGSV's reveal, development, and subsequent studio fallout is the only interesting thing about it. The game is a wet fart otherwise.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
While MGS5 was not the game I expected it to be. It was still very good and really fun. The open world was really nicely done.
It is so good that it's on ps plus!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

P5 is better than MG5

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
How cool a game for PSPLUS! :D I have the ultimate disc version with all the extras and I will play that version I think, but wow. I've been meaning to play an MGS game after I failed so spectacularly during MGS1 a few months ago.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

VideoGames posted:

How cool a game for PSPLUS! :D I have the ultimate disc version with all the extras and I will play that version I think, but wow. I've been meaning to play an MGS game after I failed so spectacularly during MGS1 a few months ago.

I actually kind of recommend you to play MGS1-2-3 1st.
It's not really necessary. But they are really good games. and have aged pretty well. MGS1 is kind of rough on the controls and expects you to use it's auto aim system.

But they are really really good games that still hold up amazingly well today.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sefal posted:

It's not really necessary. But they are really good games. and have aged pretty well. MGS1 is kind of rough on the controls and expects you to use it's auto aim system.

If you can burn the money for a copy, and have a Gamecube/first-gen Wii, play Twin Snakes instead of the original.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Please don't.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Please do

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

quote:

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia will end online services for Gravity Rush 2 on January 18, 2018 at 9:00 p.m. PT / January 19 at 12:00 a.m. ET / 6:00 a.m. UK / 14:00 JST, the company announced.

The following features will be inaccessible following the service termination:

Sending and receiving Challenges
Viewing the rankings
Sending and receiving Treasure Hunts
Sending, receiving, and reviewing Photo Ghosts
Obtaining Dusty Tokens, as well as its rewards
From today until service ends, Sony has implemented a “Dusty Token Acquisition Increase Event,” which will increase the amount of Dusty Tokens you can obtain by playing online, allowing you to obtain the costumes, Talismans, and other rewards that will no longer be available when service ends.

Well that blows, regardless of how you feel about GR2.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well that blows, regardless of how you feel about GR2.

Well that sucks. The online components were pretty neat.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If you like bad remakes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a perfectly fine remake outside of the first person aiming making the game too easy but you never even have to use that.
It also has a couple of worse line readings but also Mei Ling doesn't have a horrible racist accent anymore.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

nachos posted:

If mgs5 isn't a real metal gear then neither is metal gear rising and that just isn't going to fly

Metal gear rising is more of a metal gear game than MGSV.

MGSV is an 8/10 at best if I am being incredibly charitable. The game is incredible when you are on site sneaking around and a complete god drat chore at all other times and once you get good at the systems you will spend more time in the chore section than you will in the being cool as hell section.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Aw, they're ending the online part of Gravity Daze 2. Treasure hunting was the only part of the game I liked after finishing the story. I hope something like that appears again in a better game.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sefal posted:

They hold up well technically and definitely are playable compared to some other older games. But they require a lot of time investment and you need to really put a lot of effort in to get to grips with the dated controls.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Sefal posted:

That might be difficult as I no longer have a PS3 anymore. It would be nice if my PS3 digitals worked on the PS4, but I think that particular avenue is off. Maybe I'll watch a playthrough?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I'm still missing the last costume in GR2 but I don't really want to grind the tokens. The treasure hunts are the best part of the game though.

Do you keep the costumes if you start a new game?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Is Absolver worth my time?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

VideoGames posted:

That might be difficult as I no longer have a PS3 anymore. It would be nice if my PS3 digitals worked on the PS4, but I think that particular avenue is off. Maybe I'll watch a playthrough?

That's a shame. If you want to watch a playthrough. I really enjoyed Chip Cheezum's Metal Gear Let's play's
You don't really need to know about the earlier MGS games to enjoy MGS5 though. So if you want to play. MGS5 is a great game.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Darth Walrus posted:

Is Absolver worth my time?

Eh, probably not. I like Dark Souls and martial arts/fighting games and I put it down after three plays. Too repetitious, too easy to get lost looking for one of the few objectives, too easy to get stomped by a group of enemies. I certainly wouldn't recommend paying full price for it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
MGSV is quite possibly the best helicopter passenger simulator released in September 2015

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Bad Opinions on Metal Gear Thread

Hey, how about that new RDR2 trailer

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
New Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F63h3v9QV7w

:eyepop:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Freak Futanari posted:

MGSV is quite possibly the best helicopter passenger simulator released in September 2015

It has been dethroned since then, though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWVKCXwxo3w

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

well poo poo

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Wandle Cax posted:

They hold up well technically and definitely are playable compared to some other older games. But they require a lot of time investment and you need to really put a lot of effort in to get to grips with the dated controls.

Switching between similar games with very different control schemes usually messes me up for a while, but for some reason I can always just pick up an MGS game and fall back into it. I think the controls are so obtuse and lovely that they permanently occupy a specific part of my brain apart from other games.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I spent very little time managing troops, doing FOB stuff, developing and all that when I played MGS5. I mostly stuck with the beginning loadout for most of it. Didn't care about the story but the game itself was a blast. Heck, I probably played just GZ more than a lot of AAA games I bought over the last few years.

After reading all the recent posts I'm glad I avoided that stuff, sounds like a lot of people subjected themselves to it well past the point of enjoyment, which is too bad. I wouldn't want "helicopter ride" to be what comes to mind when I think of the game.

e: I find Peace Walker very dull though, since it's all that stuff with just a simplified MGS3 engine for the actual gameplay, the worst of both worlds.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dem Assassination of Jesse James night shots :discourse:

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Finished Yakuza Zero, great game, more laugh out loud moments than I expected but the combat system had outstayed its welcome by the end. Not really up for a 45 minute cut-scene at the end of a game.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
"Product not yet rated." Gonna go out on a limb and say M for Mature? That aside, looks good except R* should've paid the entire cast of Deadwood to be the VAs.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I'm sure it'll be good but just like GTAV I'm annoyed that Rockstar never shows actual gameplay in their prerelease footage. I think early leaked copies of GTA were the first anyone saw of the HUD/etc.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The only thing that concerns me is the story is about Marston's old gang and you play as... Guy who was never mentioned in RDR, not even once.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Electromax posted:

I'm sure it'll be good but just like GTAV I'm annoyed that Rockstar never shows actual gameplay in their prerelease footage. I think early leaked copies of GTA were the first anyone saw of the HUD/etc.

You're remembering wrong, they released a gameplay trailer series for GTA V - just like they did for Max Payne 3 and LA Noire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

You're remembering wrong, they released a gameplay trailer series for GTA V

Yeah, I definitely missed those at the time. Those came about 2 months before release, so maybe Feb or March next year?