Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Huh. Yrel buffs to talents I don't take and a nerf to one talent I do take. Not sure what to think of this but good to see some changes. Shame there are no Samuro nerfs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Pretty much all of these are good changes.

Extremely funny that Leoric can only be deployed against himself.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
I haven’t played this game in years but why the gently caress did they disable Leoric?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bum the Sad posted:

I haven’t played this game in years but why the gently caress did they disable Leoric?

In ARAM, good Leorics are impossible to beat (because of his insane sustain and AoE and many other factors) and bad Leorics are impossible to salvage (since his trait revives him in-lane, he can easily be farmed for kills or park himself next to enemy structures to AFK troll). ARAM is the only place he's disabled, you can use him in any other game mode.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

According to Blizzard in 2020 (Augh);

quote:

Both The Lost Vikings and Leoric are flooding our RISK team with intentional feeding false positives. To keep ARAM as healthy as possible we are temporarily removing them from the mode.

Glad to see a patch!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

A shocking amount of good changes in the May 21 patch that I didn't even know existed until now. Most notably, Varian is now considered a Tank in ARAM instead of a Bruiser!

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Would have liked to see some Samuro nerfs, but I’m happy there are balance changes at all.

Had a real good ranked season, think I’ll call it a day until the next one begins.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
What does the average wait time for QM look like these days?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
In EU, between 30-70 seconds I’d say.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Kith posted:

A shocking amount of good changes in the May 21 patch that I didn't even know existed until now. Most notably, Varian is now considered a Tank in ARAM instead of a Bruiser!

nerfed Rehgar dog mode made me rage a lil but glad about the Varian change since I primarily play ARAM.

Also sad about Hogger spell power reduction nerf, people NEED their spell power reduced in ARAM :colbert:

leave my dogs alone!!!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Yeah, I'd like to see a pass of making 'uninteractive' / NPE things less rewarding.

Just little stuff, like...

- Make Aba Monstrosity count as a Hero unit (even if it gives 1/2 kill credit like a TLV or Murky)
- Dunk Ragnaros Lava Wave a bit
- Dunk Samuro into the loving sea
- Make Ming (especially W Ming) less safe for her output

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Monstrosity is the Bad Ult. Making it count for kills would make it the Unusuable Ult.

So much of Ragnaros's power is tied up in Molten Core and his ults that Meatball Build is basically the only thing he's got that's worth using. Granted, he can top damage with it very easily, but if you're nerfing Lava Wave then you need to buff pretty much everything else that he's got. Not that I'd be opposed to that, but any adjustment of Rag's ults would necessitate a major power redistribution.

Orb Ming's damage output is not really that great unless you're up against a team that can't dodge the extremely telegraphed skillshots. Sure, she's very safe and has a lot of range, but she doesn't come anywhere near the power of Calamity Ming.

Samuro should be deleted. His design is the trifecta of uninteresting, infuriating to play against, and actively detrimental to you if you're fighting anyone with a stacking quest.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Kith posted:

Monstrosity is the Bad Ult. Making it count for kills would make it the Unusuable Ult.

it's true and more people need to be aware of this

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

more people also need to be aware of the insane value you get out of going clone shield and then cloning the DPS not the drat tank

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

I don’t disagree with any of that synopsis - I only advocate changing any of those things because they’re just not very fun to play around and/or bad for everyone else in the game - not because they’re good!

Picking the Rag example - I’d happily see that redistribution for exactly those reasons Kith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Shockeh posted:

I don’t disagree with any of that synopsis - I only advocate changing any of those things because they’re just not very fun to play around and/or bad for everyone else in the game - not because they’re good!

Making the bad ult worse would not fix it. Additionally, making Ming less safe would only make Calamity Ming more prevalent and possibly more powerful.

quote:

Picking the Rag example - I’d happily see that redistribution for exactly those reasons Kith.

I would also like Ragnaros to be better balanced. Unfortunately, the only way he can get value is through Meatball Build, the occasional Objective Block, and a choice of Lava Janitor or Force Multiplier Skillshot. Lava Janitor isn't even the good ult because it means not being able to stack stuns and burst damage on a priority target, so Rag's only real contribution to fights is either the meatball or Molten Core if the enemy team decides to be Very Stupid and fight underneath your tower.

Maybe we can harass the ROTS people into making these changes.