Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Proteus Jones posted:

Does that cover manufacture without the intent to distribute?

you do not need an FFL to make a firearm solely for personal use, and it's pretty hard to see how you could make a case that either Random or Bushwhacker would possibly be intending to distribute body parts

I think they'd both have a pretty good argument that their respective hand-gun's aren't even firearms under federal law (if they were they've probably committed a ton of NFA violations, but even if you got past the issues with applying the definitions of "weapons" or "firearms" to bizarre genetic mutations, I think the one-off nature of those abilities means congress might not even have authority to regulate them under the commerce clause since it's hard to see how allowing their private "manufacture" would impact the national firearms market on an aggregate basis)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

You know who would defend those guys in court?
No, not Matt Murdoch.
No, not Jennifer Walter's.

Marvel's other, other, OTHER lawyer superhero.
The one who is an expert on gun based laws.

I of course am referring to Cable.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Kid Eternity #2 (1946)

Justice, Inc. #1 (1975)

Common Grounds #4 (2004)

Batman: Through the Looking Glass (2011)

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
I've got to admit, Die-Cut is a pretty good pun name.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Justice, Inc. #1 (1975)

What makes it funnier is that the Avenger (the white-faced guy) pulls this trick all the time in the pulps. The writer didn't want a Shadow or Spider-type character who just killed crooks left and right, so he's constantly knocking them out by carefully bouncing bullets off their skulls. I have no idea why he didn't just swipe the idea of "mercy bullets" from Doc Savage; it can't have been any less plausible.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That reminds me how in the current Deathstroke series, Slade has knock-out bullets that just happen spread a red liquid on impact.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Why wouldn't you take advantage of that idea to have some loving fun and make the "blood" different colors instead?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The point is to make it appear lethal.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I'm sure they've probably explained this to death somewhere before, but all these "flesh gun" types make me wonder where the bullets and other ammo comes from.
i believe bushwacker literally just swallows ammunition.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Darthemed posted:

This looks really cool. Gonna grab it if I ever see it in the wild.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ghostlight posted:

He can also drink gasoline and get a flamethrower arm.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1128991111136120832?s=21

(for the record, I didn’t edit a thing. Blame Zdarsky.)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Ghostlight posted:

So, he is Eat-Man

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mister Mind posted:

https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1128991111136120832?s=21

(for the record, I didn’t edit a thing. Blame Zdarsky.)

If the edit is done by a professional funnybook writer, does it still count as an edit? :thunk:

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

prefect posted:

If the edit is done by a professional funnybook writer, does it still count as an edit? :thunk:

Isn't every stroke of the pen an edit to the original paper?

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Darthemed posted:

Kid Eternity #2 (1946)

Justice, Inc. #1 (1975)

Common Grounds #4 (2004)

Why is Batman punching Doug Funnie?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

DanZX posted:

Because it’s Doug Funnie

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Superman #4 (1987)

Jimmy will take pics of Superman even in his most intimate moments. Getting a little TMZ there, Jimmy.

Thor, I wanna say #353?

The funny part is Beta Ray Bill with the ol' Groucho glasses and moustache but I also appreciate the art here with the lowercase letters and period used for "booom." to denote the sound of a distant explosion.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DanZX posted:

Wouldn't you?

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Calaveron posted:

Because it’s Doug Funnie

Good point

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Lobok posted:

Superman #4 (1987)

Jimmy will take pics of Superman even in his most intimate moments. Getting a little TMZ there, Jimmy.

Thor, I wanna say #353?

The funny part is Beta Ray Bill with the ol' Groucho glasses and moustache but I also appreciate the art here with the lowercase letters and period used for "booom." to denote the sound of a distant explosion.

Hey Jimmy. Clark and Lois aren't brother and sister. That's maybe something you should know about your co-workers.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Question IRL posted:

Hey Jimmy. Clark and Lois aren't brother and sister. That's maybe something you should know about your co-workers.

He was pretty upset when he got the wedding invitation

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Didn't know Superman was into pegging

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Didn't know Superman was into pegging

Uh, did you somehow miss 70 years of Batman and Superman team up comics?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lol

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

LGD posted:

you do not need an FFL to make a firearm solely for personal use, and it's pretty hard to see how you could make a case that either Random or Bushwhacker would possibly be intending to distribute body parts

I think they'd both have a pretty good argument that their respective hand-gun's aren't even firearms under federal law (if they were they've probably committed a ton of NFA violations, but even if you got past the issues with applying the definitions of "weapons" or "firearms" to bizarre genetic mutations, I think the one-off nature of those abilities means congress might not even have authority to regulate them under the commerce clause since it's hard to see how allowing their private "manufacture" would impact the national firearms market on an aggregate basis)

If they take contracts across state lines from their principal place of business (i.e., home, I'd imagine), I'd think that would qualify as interstate commerce.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's a shame about the no edits clause because Cryophage's version of the last two pages of K6BD has me doing this Muttley-from-Wacky-Races snicker every time I think about it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Phy posted:

It's a shame about the no edits clause because Cryophage's version of the last two pages of K6BD has me doing this Muttley-from-Wacky-Races snicker every time I think about it

Just post it in the chat thread or something.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Phy posted:

There's nothing stopping you from starting a thread for edits. The old "Ruin the Moment" threads had quite the run back in the day.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Booster Gold #11 (1986)

Booster Gold #14 (1987)

Booster Gold #15 (1987)

Booster Gold #24 (1988)

Plastic Man #5 (1946)

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

ManiacClown posted:

If they take contracts across state lines from their principal place of business (i.e., home, I'd imagine), I'd think that would qualify as interstate commerce.

This is in fact what I was referring to. There's a high probability they go interstate, and that they can fabricate machine guns. How do you even define "single function of the trigger" when the 'trigger' is presumably a motor neuron impulse?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Exit Strategy posted:

This is in fact what I was referring to. There's a high probability they go interstate, and that they can fabricate machine guns. How do you even define "single function of the trigger" when the 'trigger' is presumably a motor neuron impulse?

Great. Now you're making me want to deep-dive research federal firearms law. I'd imagine it would come down to that mechanism by which the firearm's function to propel its ammunition begins to operate, but statute probably reads differently.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

ManiacClown posted:

Great. Now you're making me want to deep-dive research federal firearms law. I'd imagine it would come down to that mechanism by which the firearm's function to propel its ammunition begins to operate, but statute probably reads differently.

26 U.S.C. § 5845(b): For the purposes of the National Firearms Act the term Machine gun means: Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

So what counts as "the trigger" here? ATF has made it clear through regulation that any electonically-operated semi-automatic weapon is de facto a machine gun because it's trivial to rig up a pulse generator so that one function of the "trigger" produces an arbitrary string of projectiles. Does that apply to neurologically-triggered weapons, too? These are the things that keep me awake at night.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Exit Strategy posted:

26 U.S.C. § 5845(b): For the purposes of the National Firearms Act the term Machine gun means: Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

So what counts as "the trigger" here? ATF has made it clear through regulation that any electonically-operated semi-automatic weapon is de facto a machine gun because it's trivial to rig up a pulse generator so that one function of the "trigger" produces an arbitrary string of projectiles. Does that apply to neurologically-triggered weapons, too? These are the things that keep me awake at night.

Bushwacker's cybernetic so his gun hands would definitely be counted as machine guns. That might not be true for other gun hand people, of course.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Leave it to goons to start a legal debate over a gun handed man.

Uncanny X-Men #13

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I feel like that is a case She-Hulk would handle, something something bear arms

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Man, that is some lazy rear end art

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jordan7hm posted:

Man, that is some lazy rear end art

Invincible #10

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Samuringa posted:

I feel like that is a case She-Hulk would handle, something something bear arms

If Marvel comics is ever stupid enough to let me write a comic, She-Hulk will definitely be defending a bear with cybernetic machine gun arms in court.

His name will be Kodi-AK47

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Random Stranger posted:

If Marvel comics is ever stupid enough to let me write a comic, She-Hulk will definitely be defending a bear with cybernetic machine gun arms in court.

His name will be Kodi-AK47

Kodi? God I hate when parents give their cubs names with weird spellings.