Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Ke$hastuck is the best goddamn AU.

KE$HASTUCK posted:

Your name is KE$HA. You have just woken up feeling like P. DIDDY. You also feel like you have a HANGOVER, but that’s pretty much normal.

This is so loving ridiculous.

Ridiculously awesome. :hellyeah:

EDIT: If only because of this masterpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Gosh yes, more tawdry Dersite checkout rags. They're my favorite story addition in Act 6.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Like a few people the first thing I go to is that HIC captured Roxy for a prisoner exchange for Jack? But that doesn't really make sense because a) Roxy's a Derse dreamer, dunno whether Prospit would even want her and b) Roxy is way more valuable than Jack and c) Condy could have captured and exchanged Roxy ages ago and have Jack back already.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Ke$hastuck is the best goddamn AU.
Everyone needs to check this out. This fan art is seriously some of the funniest I've seen.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
I wonder why DD is in his diamonds droog dress and not his draconian dignitary duds.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Rarely does anything make me literally slack-jawed in disbelief, but holy gently caress, Ke$hastuck. Not only is it a thing but a good chunk of it is pretty well-done.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Like a few people the first thing I go to is that HIC captured Roxy for a prisoner exchange for Jack? But that doesn't really make sense because a) Roxy's a Derse dreamer, dunno whether Prospit would even want her and b) Roxy is way more valuable than Jack and c) Condy could have captured and exchanged Roxy ages ago and have Jack back already.

I was thinking Dad, not Roxy, would be the prisoner exchanged. Roxy is more valuable than any agent.

Rooreelooo posted:

I wonder why DD is in his diamonds droog dress and not his draconian dignitary duds.

Meenah is more lenient about the dress code on Derse.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Bongo Bill posted:

Meenah is more lenient about the dress code on Derse.

...And then a page later, DD comments on how she stabs anyone who messes her hair up to death.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Something really bad is going to happen. I can feel it. :ohdear:

The new prisoner is dad, right?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

The new prisoner is mentioned to be a girl and is clearly Roxy.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yeah, it's Roxy.

I love the narration for the Midnight Crew members.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
So I guess the Batterwitch really is up to something... the only question is what.

Also the other only question is: will it work? Previously I'd have said no considering how unstoppable and formidable Lord English is, but now that its become apparent he probably a mentally handicapped manchild, I'd guess Betty Starscream has a chance to pull one over on him.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Cake.

What with mention of her being oin the kitchen a lot, she's baking a cake to replace the one Jane flipped and is gonna invite all the kids over for a reconciliatory party.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

So I guess the Batterwitch really is up to something... the only question is what.

Also the other only question is: will it work? Previously I'd have said no considering how unstoppable and formidable Lord English is, but now that its become apparent he probably a mentally handicapped manchild, I'd guess Betty Starscream has a chance to pull one over on him.

Without Doc Scratch's nigh-omniscience to help him out, Lord English is far more likely to err. Doc Scratch couldn't see through Void, so Lord English's knowledge of session B2 is limited to what Caliborn saw through the towers.

Despite the fact that he is always already here, I don't think we're likely to discover that Lord English has been in the session all along, because laying low just doesn't seem his style. So in other words, 4/13 doesn't mean the day Lord English arrives on top of everything else. If DD's is correct to suspect that the order to leave the nobles alone until that date came from Lord English, then why.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Clearly she and/or LE needed the kids to get in the game (hence the pressure until they did) and play for a while (hence the lack of pressure after entry).

It's odd, though, because if they were just waiting for them to achieve some kind of in-game milestone, they wouldn't have set this date in advance, unless they knew it was going to happen - which it probably isn't (though we still haven't seen Dirk and he did mention a special dungeon...), because they're all separated and busy with emotional problems and everyone else is about to burst in. Which is another possible reason for waiting until Jane's birthday, though I can't imagine why you'd wait for your opponents' reinforcements to arrive before engaging.

I mean, "this is what Caliborn remembers seeing on his monitor-trees" is true but would be kind of a lame reason. Homestuck is full of circular causation, of course, but it's usually also come fairly naturally out of the relevant characters' aims and personalities. There's surely something else going on. He's still playing games, I suppose; I don't expect 4/13 will bring the sort of straightforward conflict DD seems to be anticipating here. It'll probably become at least a little clearer once we know more about what the Condesce is up to, which may happen soon now that she's made a move and grabbed one of the players.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Maybe they're waiting for jade to turn up and dump all her planets into the incipisphere. Once the fully prototyped battlefield is present, and the genesis frog is simmering inside the forge, then all the components of a new universe are in play and the session can be potentially played to completion. It will likely become a race to see who can get to the new universe first and rule it as a god

IN the red corner, we have the humans - four gods and four overemotional divided teens

IN the blue corded we have the batterwitch an all her dersite minions

WILDCARD option, we have jack noir imprisoned and being watched by caliborn

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

I think they're waiting for the meteor to enter and subsequently leave the session, such that Caliborn can eventually be born, and enter/beat his session.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Obscure Risk posted:

I think they're waiting for the meteor to enter and subsequently leave the session, such that Caliborn can eventually be born, and enter/beat his session.

As far as we know, the meteor just has to crash on earth, which must then be moved by "its proprietor." That alone doesn't require Derse to leave the Nobles alone. But predestination does seem like a good point.

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

She could be trying to utilize Roxy's void powers as a defense against Lord English; maybe he can't already be here if he doesn't know where here is. It seems like the story has contrived to make Void powers ineffectual, though - all the bad guys can see through them now.

I guess she could casually borrow a cup or a bag or a bucket of green flame from Lord English next time she meets with him, and use it to make Roxy go God Tier. Maybe that'd make her Void powers useful again.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp, Ke$hastuck is basically the first stupid Tumblr AU to be just about hilarious.

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.

Two Inch Bee posted:

She could be trying to utilize Roxy's void powers as a defense against Lord English; maybe he can't already be here if he doesn't know where here is. It seems like the story has contrived to make Void powers ineffectual, though - all the bad guys can see through them now.

I guess she could casually borrow a cup or a bag or a bucket of green flame from Lord English next time she meets with him, and use it to make Roxy go God Tier. Maybe that'd make her Void powers useful again.

At the very least, she can borrow GCat, unless I forget a reason that won't work.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Two Inch Bee posted:

I agree that the speculation of the Condensce trying to use Roxy to hide from LE is looking really likely now. DD's thoughts at the end of the update seem to not-so-subtly hint at that being the case.

But whats this about green flames? She can just fork her on the questbed on Derse, right?

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.

Nephthys posted:

I agree that the speculation of the Condensce trying to use Roxy to hide from LE is looking really likely now. DD's thoughts at the end of the update seem to not-so-subtly hint at that being the case.

But whats this about green flames? She can just fork her on the questbed on Derse, right?

It's been theorized that a death on the Quest Cryptbed has to be done via the flames of the Green Sun in order for the person to God Tier - that's been how all three of our God Tiers that died in such a situation died (Aradia to Jack's green flames, Rose/Dave in making the Green Sun) and Hussie has explicitly said "it may or may not be a requirement".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

piemanmoo posted:

So they're all starved to death then?

There's DAD with them, and his infinite supply of cakes.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

Exchanging prisoners doesn't count as an apology. Apologizing means admitting you did something wrong; exchanging prisoners just means trading something you don't want for something you do.

Also, if you're a total psychopath, you implant a bomb in the prisoner you're exchanging so after you make the exchange, you can laugh and laugh and laugh...

Or go the Manchurian Candidate route. Tons of options.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Cabbit posted:

Browsing that Ke$ha tag has informed me that kids today have horrible taste in music. No Bouncing Souls, no Pennywise, no Screeching Weasel, nothing.

Where do I pick up my AARP card?

I bet Caliborn is really into terrible pop punk.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Sherrard posted:

I bet Caliborn is really into terrible pop punk.

Caliborn is probably one of those guys who goes on about how he doesn't like music and thinks it's a distraction and waste of time. You know, part of his superior being shtick.

Aspergeoisie
Jun 6, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Dolash posted:

Caliborn is probably one of those guys who goes on about how he doesn't like music and thinks it's a distraction and waste of time. You know, part of his superior being shtick.

But then he ultimately loves bumping the top 10 party dance hits that show up on the radio. And he sings along.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Aspergeoisie posted:

But then he ultimately loves bumping the top 10 party dance hits that show up on the radio. And he sings along.

And never, ever gets the lyrics right.

Spurnd
Oct 17, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dolash posted:

Music appreciation needs both hemispheres. So it would probably just sound like noise to him.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Alright, we need to bring this to the HS fanart thread. Were doing this man, etc.

One last piece here to whet your appetite:

guys its lil weezy

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Browsing that Ke$ha tag has informed me that kids today have horrible taste in music. No Bouncing Souls, no Pennywise, no Screeching Weasel, nothing.

Where do I pick up my AARP card?

Like 90% of it is that anime singer thing.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

I've been asking around, and I'm sure the following question has been answered in detail on some blog or something, but its still bugging me a little.

What did the act of scratching A1 actually do?
We know that scratching lets skaia change the portal exits. By changing the portal exits, you create a new timeline/universe in where in the conditions are different.

But the ectobiology session was held in A2. And A2 only exists if A1 is scratched, and A1 can only exist if A2 exists to send its babies back through the portals. It's a standard circular, paradoxical origin much like many things in Homestuck. But that still doesn't really answer the question of what scratching A1 actually does.

The simple answer is that scratching A1 changes A2's portal exits, but changed them from what is the question, as the simple fact there is an A2 means that A1 has scratched, thus there is no other possible exit for the portals. Due to its origins no such thing as an unscratched A1 can possibly exist. So how exactly does the scratching of A1 create a reset timeline/universe? I'm hung up more on what the act of scratching actually did more than the paradoxical origins of the universes.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

mightygerm posted:

I've been asking around, and I'm sure the following question has been answered in detail on some blog or something, but its still bugging me a little.

We know that scratching lets skaia change the portal exits. By changing the portal exits, you create a new timeline/universe in where in the conditions are different.

But the ectobiology session was held in A2. And A2 only exists if A1 is scratched, and A1 can only exist if A2 exists to send its babies back through the portals. It's a standard circular, paradoxical origin much like many things in Homestuck. But that still doesn't really answer the question of what scratching A1 actually does.

The simple answer is that scratching A1 changes A2's portal exits, but changed them from what is the question, as the simple fact there is an A2 means that A1 has scratched, thus there is no other possible exit for the portals. Due to its origins no such thing as an unscratched A1 can possibly exist. So how exactly does the scratching of A1 create a reset timeline/universe? I'm hung up more on what the act of scratching actually did more than the paradoxical origins of the universes.

Well, like you said, it swaps the "exits," basically meaning Kankri and Karkat swapped places, as did Latula and Terezi, and so on and so forth. Because of Meenah landing in the past instead of Feferi (and the existence of Doc Scratch as their First Guardian), Alternia develops in a completely different direction compared to Beforus. Also, as a result of Karkat and company being the SGRUB players this time, the ectobiology session actually happens, and the glitch is fixed. Since Karkat and company are a better SGRUB team in general, they also succeed in creating the Kids' universe, though due to Bec Noir's presence, fail to enter it.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The scratch doesn't so much change the portal exits as place them in flux, so that an object entering the portal emerges from both possible exits. I think this might be the source of confusion?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

mightygerm posted:

My theory is that the grubs from the A2 ectobiology session weren't sent back to A1 by portals, but appearified from A2 by the same process that Roxy in B2 appearified Jaspers from B1. They were then placed on the A1 meteors and sent back to their respective A1 times - so Karkat and co back to the Ancestral era, and Meenah's posse back just a few sweeps.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Supercar Gautier posted:

The scratch doesn't so much change the portal exits as place them in flux, so that an object entering the portal emerges from both possible exits. I think this might be the source of confusion?

Yeah, that's the bifurcation model, which explains why there are two physical copies of things like Cal and Sassacre's book in the alpha timeline.

I'm more confused on what was the other possible exits for the A2 portals, because of the following:

The 12 'ancestor' trolls created in A2 are bifurcated through 2 exits:
1. A1 Beforus
2. A2 Alternia ancestors

In order to be paradoxically consistent, both of these 'target's so to speak have to land in order to create a Beforus that scratches its session and an Alternia that creates the 12 kid trolls.

Any other "possible exits" are doomed since they don't result in the chain completing and thus ensuring their own creation.

The question again loops around to "what are the A2 portal exits/possibilities before A1 is scratched", which is meaningless because due to Weird Time poo poo either A2 doesn't exist until after A1 is scratched, or that both universes always have existed in paradox space, thus A2's portals must always allow itself to be created in the alpha timeline and again you ask yourself what did the scratching actually do, since the portals couldn't have existed any other way!

At this point my head hurts and I'm thinking of taking Dave's advice and stop over thinking things.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

mightygerm posted:

The "simplest" answer is probably that A1 was truly paradoxical - there was no ectobiology, so the A1 meteors and trolls appeared with no cause. Since an unstable time loop isn't allowed in a successful session, the scratch was necessary in order to change the destinations of the originless meteors and allow their creation.

Cause and effect are kind of malleable in Homestuck, I've noticed.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

mightygerm posted:

Yeah, that's the bifurcation model, which explains why there are two physical copies of things like Cal and Sassacre's book in the alpha timeline.

I'm more confused on what was the other possible exits for the A2 portals, because of the following:

The 12 'ancestor' trolls created in A2 are bifurcated through 2 exits:
1. A1 Beforus
2. A2 Alternia ancestors

In order to be paradoxically consistent, both of these 'target's so to speak have to land in order to create a Beforus that scratches its session and an Alternia that creates the 12 kid trolls.

Any other "possible exits" are doomed since they don't result in the chain completing and thus ensuring their own creation.

The question again loops around to "what are the A2 portal exits/possibilities before A1 is scratched", which is meaningless because due to Weird Time poo poo either A2 doesn't exist until after A1 is scratched, or that both universes always have existed in paradox space, thus A2's portals must always allow itself to be created in the alpha timeline and again you ask yourself what did the scratching actually do, since the portals couldn't have existed any other way!

At this point my head hurts and I'm thinking of taking Dave's advice and stop over thinking things.

Douglas Adams posted:

Anything that happens, happens.

Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.

Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

mightygerm posted:

It has been explicitly stated that the whole troll ectobiology clusterfuck was a glitch, which is to say: not a thing that has to be consistent or really make any kind of sense whatsoever. In most other circumstances this would be a pretty lovely non-answer, but the point here is to make your brain hurt so you understand just how big of a problem Lord English is that he can make these flat-out impossible things happen.

e/ Also what Freudian posted.