Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I'd buy a chunk of it assuming you have the upgrade cards, pilots, dials, cardboard. I'm looking for:

• E-Wing
  • HWK-290
  • Hound's Tooth
  • IG-2000 (or two)
  • Z-95 Headhunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Chemmy posted:

I'd buy a chunk of it assuming you have the upgrade cards, pilots, dials, cardboard. I'm looking for:

• E-Wing
  • HWK-290
  • Hound's Tooth
  • IG-2000 (or two)
  • Z-95 Headhunter

I have to recount the ships I have, but if I have the ship, I have everything it came with retail. That said, I'm not going to go count out exactly x number of shield tokens or whatever because gently caress you.

I'll itemize later.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Deviant posted:

I have to recount the ships I have, but if I have the ship, I have everything it came with retail. That said, I'm not going to go count out exactly x number of shield tokens or whatever because gently caress you.

I'll itemize later.

I don't care about tokens at all.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aramoro posted:

With what you've got you could fly something like this

Wedge Antilles (30)
X-Wing (29), Crack Shot (1)

Luke Skywalker (34)
X-Wing (28), R2-D2 (4), Lone Wolf (2)

Poe Dameron (PS8 Version) (36)
T-70 X-Wing (31), BB-8 (2), Weapons Guidance (2), Veteran Instincts (1)

It's not ideal but gives you 10/9/8 PS so you get to shoot first and Luke will be harder to kill in the end game with Lone Wolf, his ability and R2-D2.

With your Tie fighers, you should have 3 Tie's and 2 Tie F/O's I think so maybe

99 points

PILOTS

“Howlrunner” (23)
TIE Fighter (18), Swarm Tactics (2), Stealth Device (3)

Black Squadron Pilot (15)
TIE Fighter (14), Crack Shot (1)

“Epsilon Leader” (21)
TIE/fo Fighter (19), Weapons Guidance (2)

“Omega Ace” (24)
TIE/fo Fighter (20), Veteran Instincts (1), Stealth Device (3)

“Backstabber” (16)

Just stay together and you'll be firing at PS 9/8/8/6/6
Seems good, cheers!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

bowmore posted:

Seems good, cheers!

Note that half the upgrades he recommends aren't in the boxes you have, so that might be an issue.

My advice would simply be to try and bring cheap pilots with limited upgrades, both so that you can get the most out of what you already have, and so that you're not overwhelmed with trying to remember the exact effects and interactions between a half-dozen pilot abilities and upgrade cards.

So for example, the next time you try to play you can bring something like:

Red Squadron Veteran (27)
T-70 X-Wing (26), Wired (1)

Red Squadron Pilot (23) x 2

Dagger Squadron Pilot (26)
B-Wing (24), Fire-Control System (2)

Is it a good list? Not really. But it's something that you can use to learn with and build up from, until you're able to build up your collection more, get more cards, and on the whole have a solid foundation from which to grow.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Last night at the FLGS FenZuckMan and all the pices fell into place.I have been playing it during the week on vassal to get some practice in and the friendly players there were more than happy to tell me what i should improve in how I played the list. When this list clicks it is just mean as hell. My opponent brought Fat Han/Jake and I baiting him into turning chasing Fenn through a gap in to roids and Manaroo made sweet, sweet bumpy love to the Falcon for 3 turns. Game should have been over sooner than it did but, I forgot to use the agromech and pass TL's.

The look on people faces when you are rolling 5 red dice on 2 ships is priceless. Stuff just melts.

The shop is having a "fight night" and is staying open till 3 am tonight so I'll get a bunch of games in with it. They guy I beat was flustered and wants to try to bring a list that will "control how I move. Guessing he is bringing something that is going to try to stress out my ships via mind link.

Raged fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 13, 2017

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Last night at the FLGS FenZuckMan and all the pices fell into place.

Excellent. Sounds like you did the right thing.

I usually bait with Manaroo, myself, because then I can hid behind her. But I've been known to bait with Fenn.

Never with Zuckuss, though. He's just a bit too fragile unless you can guarantee any two (or more) of

Range 3
Obstructed
Have an evade token

Raged posted:

Guessing he is bringing something that is going to try to stress out my ships via mind link.

Haha let him. Then laugh when he realizes that Fenn can still turn around with two turn + boost, Zuckuss sweeps wide and hits the flank two turns later, and Manaroo DGAF while she keeps generating all the focus in the world.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I actually had a rough FennZuckMan night last night, for the first time. Buddy was playing Soontir + Maarek + Palp Shuttle. Two high PS ships with Palp was giving me fits.

I lost one, barely won the other after I managed to take out a full health Soontir with Manaroo, of all things.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Oh, and I forgot people get real frustrated when you don't let them use their auto 2nd attacks like Luke Skywalker. Sure I can spend a focus and avoid that 1 damage and let you try to hit me harder, but why would I?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Oh, and I forgot people get real frustrated when you don't let them use their auto 2nd attacks like Luke Skywalker. Sure I can spend a focus and avoid that 1 damage and let you try to hit me harder, but why would I?

Haha yes

I had a different buddy try out that Brobot + Bossk list that uses flowchart fuckery to generate two attacks when Bossk misses his first primary weapon attack.

If that first attack hits, that's all he gets.

First game, he took his first shot on a token'd up, obstructed Zuckuss. Got two hits (even after trying to dengar the two hits away). I rolled two focuses. I just spent the evade and ate the one damage because gently caress taking two more attacks.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

Haha yes

I had a different buddy try out that Brobot + Bossk list that uses flowchart fuckery to generate two attacks when Bossk misses his first primary weapon attack.

If that first attack hits, that's all he gets.

First game, he took his first shot on a token'd up, obstructed Zuckuss. Got two hits (even after trying to dengar the two hits away). I rolled two focuses. I just spent the evade and ate the one damage because gently caress taking two more attacks.

Do you think they are going to FAQ the partybus? It really seems like it's completely unintended.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Do you think they are going to FAQ the partybus? It really seems like it's completely unintended.

The particular interaction that allows the Party Bus with Gunner/IG-88D (while IG-88B is on the table) crew to shoot with both Gunner and the 88B effect is certainly an unintended side-effect of the new flowchart.

I fully expect it to be clarified that Gunner MUST go first due to the "immediately" clause, thus breaking it.

I almost think that's a shame, because this interaction is Real Good without being broken. It's also nice to see lone brobots.

The best thing about it is that it's weakest against low-agility ships because they can't dodge the first attack reliably. It's a rare offensive effect in this game that hurts high agility ships more than low agility ones.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
That's why Crack Shot on brobots is so great.
You roll 3 hits vs a Defender with an evade token, who rolled 2 evades.
That gives them Hard Choices, because if they spend the evade, they get shot at again and without mods their red/green split could end up worse.
If they don't spend the evade and elect to take 1 hit, they get hit with crack shot for 2.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

That's why Crack Shot on brobots is so great.
You roll 3 hits vs a Defender with an evade token, who rolled 2 evades.
That gives them Hard Choices, because if they spend the evade, they get shot at again and without mods their red/green split could end up worse.
If they don't spend the evade and elect to take 1 hit, they get hit with crack shot for 2.

Yeah. Glitterstim/crackshot brobots are the best brobots for this and many other reasons.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Note that half the upgrades he recommends aren't in the boxes you have, so that might be an issue.

My advice would simply be to try and bring cheap pilots with limited upgrades, both so that you can get the most out of what you already have, and so that you're not overwhelmed with trying to remember the exact effects and interactions between a half-dozen pilot abilities and upgrade cards.

So for example, the next time you try to play you can bring something like:

Red Squadron Veteran (27)
T-70 X-Wing (26), Wired (1)

Red Squadron Pilot (23) x 2

Dagger Squadron Pilot (26)
B-Wing (24), Fire-Control System (2)

Is it a good list? Not really. But it's something that you can use to learn with and build up from, until you're able to build up your collection more, get more cards, and on the whole have a solid foundation from which to grow.
What should I buy next to build up? I was thinking the Falcon (because you gotta have one surely) and I have no idea on the Imperial side of things.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bowmore posted:

What should I buy next to build up? I was thinking the Falcon (because you gotta have one surely) and I have no idea on the Imperial side of things.

Both the Imperial Veterans pack and the Heroes of the Resistance pack would go a LONG ways towards filling out your collections.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ConfusedUs posted:

Both the Imperial Veterans pack and the Heroes of the Resistance pack would go a LONG ways towards filling out your collections.
Nice, those were what I was looking at also

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Ah that's my mistake I seem to have included some other set in my filter when making the lists. I seem to have included a Slave-1 expansion by mistake which had all the good cards in it. Luke, Wedge, Poe is still decent out of the box and you can still do a mini Tie swarm with howlrunner for the Tie Fighters though.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

bowmore posted:

Nice, those were what I was looking at also

Heroes of the Resistance is a fantastic box, and I highly recommend it.

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

What's a good 24pt ship to go with these two guys?

"Backdraft" (27)
Expertise (4)
Fire-Control System (2)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

"Quickdraw" (29)
Expertise (4)
Fire-Control System (2)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

I was thinking something like these 23pt options:

"Countdown" (20)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Adaptive Ailerons (0)

Or the annoying (hilarious) option:

Scimitar Squadron Pilot (16)
Rebel Captive (3)
Mara Jade (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE Shuttle (0)

Any suggestions?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Friction posted:

Rebel Captive (3)
Mara Jade (3)
TIE Shuttle (0)

Any suggestions?

Swap out Mara Jade or Rebel Captive for Fleet Officer and we're in business

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

canyoneer posted:

Swap out Mara Jade or Rebel Captive for Fleet Officer and we're in business

Mmm, yes. That sounds good. For some reason I totally mentally glossed over him.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Friction posted:

What's a good 24pt ship to go with these two guys?

"Backdraft" (27)
Expertise (4)
Fire-Control System (2)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

"Quickdraw" (29)
Expertise (4)
Fire-Control System (2)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

I was thinking something like these 23pt options:

"Countdown" (20)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Adaptive Ailerons (0)

Rebel Captive (3)
Mara Jade (3)
TIE Shuttle (0)

Any suggestions?

This could be an interesting list to fly, although I'd be really tempted to throw a doomshuttle (Lambda + Vader crew) in place of the TIE shuttle.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

This could be an interesting list to fly, although I'd be really tempted to throw a doomshuttle (Lambda + Vader crew) in place of the TIE shuttle.

Can I change my answer to this? I want to change my answer to this.

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

canyoneer posted:

Can I change my answer to this? I want to change my answer to this.

Yes. I definitely have to try that as well. No idea how viable this list will be, but I have a hunch those SFs are going to be nasty.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I really like this list.

Rey (45)
Expertise (4)
Finn (5)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Countermeasures (3)
Millennium Falcon (TFA) (1)

Poe Dameron (31)
Calculation (1)
R2-D2 (4)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Black One (1)

Joust with the Falcon early on, and use Poe slightly slower to clean up behind it, then with PA do a quick 3T and pick up another focus token for either Calc or defense. Just keep the Falcon pointed at something and make it die. Kanan makes sure it always have a focus token for defense, and Countermeasures makes it hardier in the first combat round.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I don't like Calculation on Poe, I'd much rather cut a point somewhere and put Lone Wolf on him.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

I don't like Calculation on Poe, I'd much rather cut a point somewhere and put Lone Wolf on him.

Yeah. Calculation is counter to his ability, which only works if you actually have the focus. You want to minimize the number of effects that require you to spend the focus.

I'd see about dropping Rey's Countermeasures in favor of Smuggling Compartment, Glitterstim, and then go up to Lone Wolf on Poe.

Rey becomes really hard to hurt on the first pass (assuming in-arc), Poe is really hard to hurt any time at all, and so on.

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah. Calculation is counter to his ability, which only works if you actually have the focus. You want to minimize the number of effects that require you to spend the focus.

I'd see about dropping Rey's Countermeasures in favor of Smuggling Compartment, Glitterstim, and then go up to Lone Wolf on Poe.

Rey becomes really hard to hurt on the first pass (assuming in-arc), Poe is really hard to hurt any time at all, and so on.

Glitterstim is sort of a waste on a ship with Expertise and only 1 green die. I would probably go with BMST and maybe bump Calculation up to Predator or just go with Lone Wolf and a bid?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I almost like dropping R2-D2 to R5-P9 for Lone Wolf, because then you can regen on your T-Roll turns.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Though to be honest, this is the Rey/Poe list I want to test.

Rey (45)
Expertise (4)
Finn (5)
C-3PO (3)
Burnout SLAM (1)
Smuggling Compartment (0)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Poe Dameron (31)
Lone Wolf (2)
R2-D2 (4)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Autothrusters (2)

Total: 100

I feel like this solves the core problem of Rey being too easy to kill while keeping the offense up. You set up to joust with Rey, while Poe flanks. Rey takes Evade action every round she expects to take fire; target lock otherwise.

Rey's going to negate 2-4 damage on the first attack: Roll 1 die, guess 0 to guarantee one evade. Spend token for another. Add Finn's blank and re-roll the first die if it were a blank or focus to get up to two more evades. All subsequent shots are basically her two evade dice, but whatever.

Once the joust is over use burnout SLAM. Dial in a 3 or 4 speed maneuver, then SLAM the matching K-turn. You're virtually guaranteed to be out of range. Take a green move to point yourself back at the enemy. Joust again.

Poe is equally tanky with regen, his ability, autothrusters, and sensor cluster.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wait, does Kanan work with Inertial Dampeners? Because if so, I really like that idea.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

re-roll the first die if it were a blank or focus to get up to two more evades

That's not how Rey's ability works.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, does Kanan work with Inertial Dampeners? Because if so, I really like that idea.

Yep. IDs kick in when you reveal and replaces your dial with a white stop and then issues a token, Kanan kicks in after you perform a white maneuver. The way it's worded suggests that you receive the stress token after you discard the ID card, which is before the Execute Maneuver step.

TremorX fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 14, 2017

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

That's not how Rey's ability works.

Oh yeah. Still worth it, though. Although it makes the 4 evade result really unlikely.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

TremorX posted:

Yep. IDs kick in when you reveal and replaces your dial with a white stop and then issues a token, Kanan kicks in after you perform a white maneuver. The way it's worded suggests that you receive the stress token after you discard the ID card, which is before the Execute Maneuver step.

:getin:

Rey (45)
Expertise (4)
Finn (5)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Smuggling Compartment (0)
Millennium Falcon (TFA) (1)

Poe Dameron (31)
Lone Wolf (2)
R2-D2 (4)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Autothrusters (2)

Total: 100

Could swap Expertise for PtL and sneak Black One in there.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I'm not super pumped about Poe at this point, because HotCop seems to be showing up in a few lists, now.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

I'm not super pumped about Poe at this point, because HotCop seems to be showing up in a few lists, now.

Yeah that's the big downside to him. HotCop owns.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

On the other hand, there aren't very many Rebel ships worth sinking 40ish points into, short of a Ghost.

I don't have a Ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Per Frank Broooks, Kanan's ability resolves after executing the maneuver. The clean-up window is closed before the THEN sentence on Inertial Dampeners.

Another good example is Push The Limit. The "Then" sentence is separate, which means the prior window is fully closed before the "then" happens.

Consider the TIE Advanced Prototype title, and Push the Limit.

quote:

TIE/v1

After you acquire a target lock, you may perform a free evade action.

quote:

Push the Limit
Once per round, after you perform an action, you may perform 1 free action shown in your action bar.

Then receive 1 stress token.

You are permitted to Boost/Focus/Barrel Roll as your first action, use PTL for a target lock, and then perform an evade action. When that's all done, you get a stress token.

canyoneer fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 14, 2017

• Locked thread