Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

haha do you guys remember when people got probated for things like that

didn't one in Games have a cute shift button avatar and would probate anyone that didn't use caps when warranted

time to be alive

i do not remember kewpuh banning people for that kind of poo poo. thats more a louisgod thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

who said ban

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

probate

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

didn't one in Games have a cute shift button avatar and would probate anyone that didn't use caps when warranted

time to be alive

I got a three day probation for talking about NBA 2k14 microtransactions in the xbox thread in 2013.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

from louisgod

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

time to be alive

I once got probated for saying "lol". It was in the middle of a longer post too so it wasn't a no content probation. The lepers colony just said "lol"

Yes the :lol: smiley existed at this time...Times have changed.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Ruiner gives me Crusader: No Remorse feels. That is good. It crashed my PS4 hard though. That is not so good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nex machina is so much better idgi.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Aren't they vastly different types of games?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

They're both dystopian future isometric perspective action games that heavily feature red. For some of us things like that figure into whether we get shared feelings for games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I kind of want to get Ruiner but it's a lot of money up here. It looks like an ultra-futuristic hybrid of Furi and Hotline Miami and I'd love to try it.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

veni veni veni posted:

Ruiner has a hub world and skill points so it's technically different but it's still a twin stick bullet hell game at its core.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wait are we talking about Ruiner versus Nex Machina or Ruiner versus Crusader: No Remorse?

I guess I should get Nex Machina at some point too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

haha I wasn't even thinking of the right game. I was looking at Ruiner and Subterrain at the same time in the store and mixed them up.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Just bought Ruiner and Nex Machina! And Observer and Get Even.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

The music and visuals in Ruiner are loving awesome but man, even normal mode often kicks my rear end. I'm getting old and my reflexes are definitely not what they used to be :sigh:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

The music and visuals in Ruiner are loving awesome but man, even normal mode often kicks my rear end. I'm getting old and my reflexes are definitely not what they used to be :sigh:
I noticed that the default difficulty level the cursor is over when you start is easy. I guess they were trying to say something.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Remember to turn off the snap to enemies setting in Ruiner. You can actually lead targets with that off.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

James Woods Fan posted:

Just bought Ruiner and Nex Machina! And Observer and Get Even.

Observer is goddamn amazing and massively overlooked.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Ruiner gives me Crusader: No Remorse feels. That is good. It crashed my PS4 hard though. That is not so good.

I distinctly remember Crusader: No Remorse crashing our family computer back in the day, so that checks out.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I loved those games, but yea they crashed pretty often.

Still, setting up the traps to freeze people or just hitting em with the rocket and watching em splat was awesome.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
[quote="“Spoderman”" post="“476913314”"]
I distinctly remember Crusader: No Remorse crashing our family computer back in the day, so that checks out.
[/quote]
If I remember right I had to make the most complex boot disk ever to get especially the second game to work.

That said, the shooting in Ruiner is really annoying me, but I can't say why. It makes me just want to dash-pipe everyone.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

The shooting in Ruiner feels awful and it's doubly bad because enemies are 100% accurate with gun and gently caress your poo poo up. I'm a little over halfway through and just not having fun anymore.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to apologise for being dumb, and say that, now that I have bound my 4 most-used abilities to the d-pad, my experience of Dishonored is greatly improved.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I got a three day probation for talking about NBA 2k14 microtransactions in the xbox thread in 2013.

Because you were a year too early? Sounds like you deserved it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anyone had the issue where once in a while your controllers just lose connection to the PS4 and hitting the PS button doesn't get them to reconnect (even if you wire them)?

I've got an OG PS4 so I'm wondering if it's an issue with its age.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Snak posted:

I'd like to apologise for being dumb, and say that, now that I have bound my 4 most-used abilities to the d-pad, my experience of Dishonored is greatly improved.

What I found annoying though was that having four swappables works really well for stealthy nonviolence because you're basically switching from blink to batman vision to bending time pretty regularly, but when you actually wanna use weapons it's still kind of a shitshow.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Taratang posted:

Is there a good summary anywhere of the absolute bare minimum one needs to know plot-wise going into MGS V: Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain if I've never played a MGS game before and don't really know characters outside of pop-culture/internet memes?

Not knowing the story for MGS might make you enjoy V more, since you won't care that it's poo poo.

[quote="“Nostalgia4Dogges”" post="“476900911”"]

didn’t one in Games have a cute shift button avatar and would probate anyone that didn’t use caps when warranted

time to be alive
[/quote]

I got banned for using a spoiler tag in a post in the iPhone 4 release thread.

the truth fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 30, 2017

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Double post, oops

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Why is TheHunter:CotW not a pre-order on the store?

Yes, I'm the idiot who's gonna spend money on a crappy hunting sim.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Thought that it was supposed to be a good hunting sim.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Fix posted:

Thought that it was supposed to be a good hunting sim.

From what I've seen, it appears to be. It's just odd that it's mentioned nowhere on the store but it drops Monday.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

C2C - 2.0 posted:

From what I've seen, it appears to be. It's just odd that it's mentioned nowhere on the store but it drops Monday.

It's Oct 3rd in Europe, but smaller titles don't tend to have preorders. I wonder if it's because they have to have bonus content, or it'd cost them for preloads?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Seedge posted:

It's Oct 3rd in Europe, but smaller titles don't tend to have preorders. I wonder if it's because they have to have bonus content, or it'd cost them for preloads?

So, barring pre-orders, do smaller games just appear on their drop date in the store?

I don't mind going into town to get a physical copy, but I could've sworn I've seen titles on the store that weren't pre-orders but were listed before their release date.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

So, barring pre-orders, do smaller games just appear on their drop date in the store?

I don't mind going into town to get a physical copy, but I could've sworn I've seen titles on the store that weren't pre-orders but were listed before their release date.

That's definitely the case for some games. Ruiner didn't show up at all in the store until it was released last Tuesday.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Timotheous Venture posted:

That's definitely the case for some games. Ruiner didn't show up at all in the store until it was released last Tuesday.

That's good to know. Guess I'll just keep my eyes out for it Monday.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Anyone had the issue where once in a while your controllers just lose connection to the PS4 and hitting the PS button doesn't get them to reconnect (even if you wire them)?

I've got an OG PS4 so I'm wondering if it's an issue with its age.

this has happened to me once ever and i eventually fixed it by plugging it in and unplugging it and hitting the ps button, much the way a caveman may have solved the issue. i have no idea what caused it and it hasn't happened since and it sucked.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Horizon: Zero Dawn is pretty fun, and very gorgeous. I'm a little overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff there is to do though. If I mostly blow through the main quest am I going to miss anything good?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Montalvo posted:

Horizon: Zero Dawn is pretty fun, and very gorgeous. I'm a little overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff there is to do though. If I mostly blow through the main quest am I going to miss anything good?
As with most open world games, returning to places earlier in the story at any time is encouraged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Horizon is one of the few open world games where I'd recommend doing most of the content. Feel free to do it whenever and skip all of the collectibles except the vantage points if you want though. A lot of the side quests are really solid.