Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Clearly we need a new operator that breaches reinforced walls with a cage containing some kind of vicious trained attack animals. Dogs? Bees?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Koramei posted:

when the announcement for the new ops was leaked it was Spain, Hong Kong, Israel, South Korea. then a ton of people whined about there being no Poland on the subreddit, and the official announcement came out a bit later with Poland instead of Israel.

probably just a mixup and Israel were never intended to be included though. Incidentally I have no loving idea why people want Polish ops so much.

Maybe the game is popular in poland

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

When do we get the noise warfare operator whose gadget is a speaker they can put on a wall to pump loud, awful noises onto the other side?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It has to be, much like most other major "mature" FPS games in Eastern Europe.

Floodkiller posted:

When do we get the noise warfare operator whose gadget is a speaker they can put on a wall to pump loud, awful noises onto the other side?
Ayn Rand DLC, please. Alternatively, DLC where an attacker has a hand hold voice loudness cone thing (is rupour a word in English?) that they can heal into using their microphone.

E:

Vatek posted:

Clearly we need a new operator that breaches reinforced walls with a cage containing some kind of vicious trained attack animals. Dogs? Bees?
Probably bees, shooting dogs won't bode well.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 2, 2017

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah there seems to be a lot of Polish PC gamers, or atleast a [PL] clan that plays a whole lot of PC games. :v:

Infact one of my favourite RO1 mods is completely dead except for a group of Poles that still play it every other friday.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It has to be, much like most other major "mature" FPS games in Eastern Europe.
Ayn Rand DLC, please. Alternatively, DLC where an attacker has a hand hold voice loudness cone thing (is rupour a word in English?) that they can heal into using their microphone.

E:
Probably bees, shooting dogs won't bode well.

It'd just be "megaphone" in English.

I'm seconding the idea for Fuze but with a sack of angry bees

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Shooting dogs is a lot of fun.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Draxion posted:

It'd just be "megaphone" in English.
:eng99: I was so close, yet so far away.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Shooting dogs is a lot of fun.
Thanks, angsty Russian alcoholic.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Ayn Rand DLC, please

If the noise marine blasts the Galt speech through a window I will kill myself

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jehde posted:

Yeah there seems to be a lot of Polish PC gamers, or atleast a [PL] clan that plays a whole lot of PC games. :v:

Infact one of my favourite RO1 mods is completely dead except for a group of Poles that still play it every other friday.

It's kind of amazing that Mare Nostrum still has matches, even if it's just twice a month.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Vatek posted:

Cagey-deploys a cage that penetrates reinforced walls and then deploys 3 bloodthirsty Tigers that roam the room they are freed into, killing all enemies in sight. Defenders can counter this by throwing meat set down by the new defender called Butcher.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Cagey-deploys a cage that penetrates reinforced walls and then deploys 3 bloodthirsty Tigers that roam the room they are freed into, killing all enemies in sight. Defenders can counter this by throwing meat set down by the new defender called Butcher.
Cagey finally makes Kapkan and Frost competitively viable.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Drone - Has a flying drone that can anchor to walls and be used as a camera.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

An attacker who can throw loudspeakers like Valkyrie into corners that can be turned on like Hibana would actually be pretty great. So much of this game is finding people through listening that making an operator to counter that makes a lot of sense.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

An attacker who can throw loudspeakers like Valkyrie into corners that can be turned on like Hibana would actually be pretty great. So much of this game is finding people through listening that making an operator to counter that makes a lot of sense.

Yeah but what about the sound propagation

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

A melee-only defender who can use active camo and cling to the ceiling like an Echo drone.
An operator who can set up motion detectors that leave a spot ping if someone trips them.
An operator who can fire castle-like barricades from a pneumatic launcher.
An attacker with heavy boots who can swing and breach a window in one motion.
A defender who can pick up drones and hack them to get a one-time ping of the attacker locations.
An attacker with a hallucinogenic gas grenade that makes all players appear as recruits without name tags.

Hard, please contact me for details as to where you can send my paycheck.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The one thing I want for castle is just the aforementioned pneumatic gun so you can reinforce trap doors from below.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Party Plane Jones posted:

The one thing I want for castle is just the aforementioned pneumatic gun so you can reinforce trap doors from below.

Or breached windows from a distance, esp. late in the round.

Although most Castles just YOLO it and go for the reinforcement.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It would actually make Castle a character that doesn't exist solely for pubbies to take to gently caress you.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Foehammer posted:

Or breached windows from a distance, esp. late in the round.

Although most Castles just YOLO it and go for the reinforcement.

Does it block bullets as you staple it in?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It does, if I do not misremember.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It does indeed. Also Castle had like a 40-60% pick rate in Pro League IIRC?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It does indeed. Also Castle had like a 40-60% pick rate in Pro League IIRC?
He was very often picked at the start of it, yes - in large part due to pro meta most often being about picking non-breaching gadgets, which made Castle an actually useful actual detergent.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm glad Castle is an actual detergent because man do those uniforms get bloody after a match.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'm glad Castle is an actual detergent because man do those uniforms get bloody after a match.
Still better than the time I posted about Ukrainian soldiers defecating to enemy lines.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Cold water is great for bloodstains I hear.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I don't think so. I tried it once and it was down but not stapled and I was still killed.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Nickname Pending posted:

I don't think so. I tried it once and it was down but not stapled and I was still killed.

They can always shoot your feet, but the metal itself will stop everything but glaz

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

The Duggler posted:

They can always shoot your feet, but the metal itself will stop everything but glaz

But it was a window. They shot me through it was I put it down.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

How long ago was that? They fixed being shot while putting down reinforcements, Castle barricades, and shields in like, Season 2.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

How long ago was that? They fixed being shot while putting down reinforcements, Castle barricades, and shields in like, Season 2.

Like a couple days ago.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Weird, then again Blitz exists so anything goes

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah that glitch is back, thanks hard

Were you still rolling the thing up?

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Speaking of Blitz, do you essentially have to be pointblank for his flash to work? Never use him because it seems to not do anything.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Nickname Pending posted:

Speaking of Blitz, do you essentially have to be pointblank for his flash to work? Never use him because it seems to not do anything.

You gotta be within probably about 5-7 metres to get a full blind. It works from further but diminishes rapidly. Funny enough flashbangs probably have about 3x the range

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nickname Pending posted:

Yes. It only works from like twice his melee range away. There was a video showing how a flashbang from his position will fully blind you but his shield won't even tint your screen.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I picked this game back up after not playing it since late 2015. It seems to still have the same problems connecting me to my friends to make a squad on PS4 despite opening a million ports and all of that nonsense. Is there some easy fix for this that I don't know about?

Which of the non-release Operators are the best? I don't have any new ones yet and since they cost lots of rainbowbux I don't want to buy a really obviously bad one.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
They're basically all great except maybe Echo who is as close to hardmode as it gets in this game next to Blitz. Even then he's fun and different enough to play.

Just look at their abilities and see where they fit into how you want to play.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Buff blitz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Hibana, Caveira and Frost are ones I see the most and seem most helpful. Buck isn't bad neither.

• Locked thread