Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Einarr Saltyman posted:

I lurk, I troll, and I learn to collect pubbies tears.

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einarr Saltyman
Oct 4, 2020

:honk:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
hey i appreciate that your ad says coups d'etat and not coup d'etats, and that you're reusing mwogoon propaganda

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Our propaganda geese are extraordinarily on the ball with the little details, I'm impressed every single time something new gets made.

The discord emotes are really on-point too.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Oct 22, 2020

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

im the most proud of that Just Bomb :clousey: gif.

I spend more time sitting in a station while I draw things than i do shooting mans. Since im terrible at shooting mans it works out okay.

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.
Burn all the things to the ground. Nothing is better than to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women. HONK

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Who do I have to kill for the flock tag? Cause gently caress

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

Pussy Snorkel posted:

A mod posted in this thread to PM him couple pages back

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.

Pussy Snorkel posted:

For a measly price of 500,000,000 goose eggs, I can get you a tag. I know a guy who knows a guy. Trust me, I am Nigerian royalty, I wouldn't lie to you.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

vermeul posted:

A mod posted in this thread to PM him couple pages back

Dope, danke.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

PaToNe posted:

GooseFleet can suck my duck, Quack Quack Ducks are better.

We don't abide Nazis here
:getout:

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

eat poo poo skex

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
I thought this was one of ours, and was surprised when it wasn't.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3945123#post509173794

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
The EO thread has a guy from reddit who has been doing grr goon posts for a while, and his avatar is a goose. I honestly thought at first it was some black hand poo poo to foster resentment and suspicion against goosefleet, but I can be a bit paranoid. It seems to genuinely be a coincidence or something.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Pretty sure he's been doing that before goosefleet was a thing.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

The Shortest Path posted:

Our propaganda geese are extraordinarily on the ball with the little details, I'm impressed every single time something new gets made.

The discord emotes are really on-point too.

Everything about all of these is amazing. Time to buy a :goosedrugs: emote.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Snail Information posted:

The EO thread has a guy from reddit who has been doing grr goon posts for a while, and his avatar is a goose.

did gwyneth palpate turn against goonfleet? what?

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Snail Information posted:

The EO thread has a guy from reddit who has been doing grr goon posts for a while, and his avatar is a goose. I honestly thought at first it was some black hand poo poo to foster resentment and suspicion against goosefleet, but I can be a bit paranoid. It seems to genuinely be a coincidence or something.

Eh, EE is a vastly chiller game than EO, there's not really a need to do false-flag agitprop. Hell, there's barely a consistent identity of coalitions due to no sov, major powers in this game are alliances.

For people on the fence, the game's quite lively and fun to play, at least with Gooseflock. In Online it was a bit tough to really communicate with other people, so even in GSF I spent most of my time either trading, crafting, or blazing. PvP fleets seemed to usually be giant F1 affairs, and there wasn't much impetus to try other parts of the game so I never did. Echoes is different - because there's no sov, citadel defenses don't matter and all scales of PvP have strategic value. I've done PvP from pretty much day one and it's been on fleets ranging from small 10+ formations to a 200-ship fleet (with no TiDi lmao); there's always something different to do that concretely helps your team.

Lotta words to say "TOILET GAME GOOD" but drat it, toilet game really is good.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I've been playing EO (relearning and trying to do Abyssals) while I wait for EE T8 and new content. It's taking longer than I expected.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

rocketrobot posted:

I've been playing EO

:chloe:

(I'm just bitter that I've got an entire formation of Rorquals sitting around and absolutely 0 desire to ever fly them again)

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Went around on my lunch break destroying all the bases in the syndicate pocket...The very last one was a level 4 that I was having trouble with in my vexor (I'm new to this)

The current squatters in our space didn't take kindly, and came at me with ships

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Those drat Harkonnens.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
If jumping off a cliff would give ISK would lemming jump too?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

w00tles
Feb 8, 2006

The SRED squatters in our space are not pleased with our presence. The CEO of SHIN came and gave us their demands...

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

lmao

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

DrHammond posted:

:chloe:

(I'm just bitter that I've got an entire formation of Rorquals sitting around and absolutely 0 desire to ever fly them again)

Fly around in a tristan and have fun

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

w00tles posted:

The SRED squatters in our space are not pleased with our presence. The CEO of SHIN came and gave us their demands...

Hahahahaha :sickos:

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

lmao

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
That didnt end the way he thought it would now did it?

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

with a name like "Slayer Joe" how could he lose

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
Just had a shitshow of a fight in Delve. Over 1k in local, I learned a thing, and I have a question.

First, did you know you can toggle a capsuleer outpost's system-wide visibility on and off at whim? You probably did, but this was news to me. Seems pretty good.

The question is: what emulator/settings am I looking for to be able to avoid the crash/reconnecting loop? Loading grid just wasn't possible, I disconnected every 30 seconds for at least 20 minutes without ever loading grid fully during that time.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Herb Dington posted:

Just had a shitshow of a fight in Delve. Over 1k in local, I learned a thing, and I have a question.

First, did you know you can toggle a capsuleer outpost's system-wide visibility on and off at whim? You probably did, but this was news to me. Seems pretty good.

The question is: what emulator/settings am I looking for to be able to avoid the crash/reconnecting loop? Loading grid just wasn't possible, I disconnected every 30 seconds for at least 20 minutes without ever loading grid fully during that time.

I think until they introduce tidi you’re poo poo out of luck

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
The phones/tablets handle the big fights a little better. Switch to them if you can.

Most of the framerate issues appear to be related to ui rendering. There's a lot of transparent items being rendered and the overview window is also noticeably slow to update and render even in non-stressed situations. Closing the overview helps a little bit - but that's not very helpful as you are now unable to target things. If you go into settings you will see that it still draws the 3d scene behind it without any indicators or icons -- and it is silky smooth.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

w00tles posted:

:discourse:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Herb Dington posted:

I don't even understand what this means.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Aramoro posted:

I don't even understand what this means.

Usually you can’t warp to an outpost as it doesn’t show up on the overview, I’m guessing you can toggle it so it does show?

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

You can toggle everything on your overview. You toggle the station/outpost so that everyone docked in the station doesn't take up space.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

w00tles posted:

"Here's my security deposit".

*puts on sunglasses and walks away, while explosions detonate in the background*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I've added citadel to my overview, but I still don't see it unless I'm on grid with it, not system wide.